Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I was with one job where we got a piddly cash bonus for Christmas, then the next year we got an even piddlier cash bonus, then the next year we got a Target gift card, then the next year we got nothing.

And we were all grateful for even the tiniest crumbs from the table of our corporate masters.

What pisses me off even more is that a lot of companies have policies where you don't qualify for certain types of bonuses if your pay is below a certain level.

The place I work for does that with stock and options grants. If your annual pay is under . . . I want to say $75k/year, you get none, whereas the folks who do get 'em get a minimum of around $25k worth a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/touchingcheeses/status/1440052093788721155?s=21

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/_joyceng/status/1440195748851683342

I proposed at the prison hotel, so it can forever be a symbol of our marriage honey.

Also lmao at the tally mark carpet, classy

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

This world never stops reaching new lows

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Item Getter posted:

In some parts of the world those also have loudspeakers playing super annoying advertising jingles on loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGMAW1wzQ8

Bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjM_tFtecYw

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

In Training posted:

I get a $50 Christmas bonus from one of my jobs. pretty sweet.

I remember as a teenager getting a $50 Christmas bonus and my boss said “good work this year Nate, don’t tell anyone I gave this to you cause not everyone is getting one” and I thought wow that is amaaaazing thanks boss!

I was making $7 an hour

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

The Nastier Nate posted:

I remember as a teenager getting a $50 Christmas bonus and my boss said “good work this year Nate, don’t tell anyone I gave this to you cause not everyone is getting one” and I thought wow that is amaaaazing thanks boss!

I was making $7 an hour

I've had the same feeling and all I can tell you is that pigeons love pizza crusts

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

this here is a good one for the thread:

PawParole posted:

having an Alamo last stand at the only McDonald’s in Afghanistan.

ah ah ah ah semper fry

petit choux has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Sep 22, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fast food hosed up kuwait pretty good. Seeds of capitalism.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

petit choux posted:

ah ah ah ah semper fry

Lucky it wasn't a Chick-fil-A, or we'd be invading again.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Thanatosian posted:

Lucky it wasn't a Chick-fil-A, or we'd be invading again.

Oh don't worry, you'll be there again within 20 years at the most.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Weatherman posted:

Oh don't worry, you'll be there again within 20 years at the most.

Eh, I'm not sure China isn't gonna Belt and Road Afghanistan into a Chinese vassal in live 10 years without even invading.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

BonHair posted:

Eh, I'm not sure China isn't gonna Belt and Road Afghanistan into a Chinese vassal in live 10 years without even invading.

Probably at a fraction of the cost too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Probably at a fraction of the cost too

cost? China will be making money on the deal, they’ll give very favorable terms and interest rates compared to the west but they’re not doing charity

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

petit choux posted:

ah ah ah ah semper fry

As funny as that would be, it's unfortunately fake.

https://twitter.com/dylanwelch/status/1427097998295588866

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That person should have ended that tweet saying "abandoned by the int'l community and McDonald's"

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
"and a restaurant in Kabul called Mcdonald’s"

huh, never heard of it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

huh, never heard of it

It's right next to the Popeye's Establishment

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

500 good dogs posted:

huh, never heard of it

It's kinda like a krusty burger

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

jetz0r posted:

while the sign spiners are sad in an exploiting labor kind of way, there's also these loving things that just fill me with rage

box trucks modified into rolling billboards that drive around busy areas simply to be seen driving around busy areas.

O.K. but we need to decide if these qualify as technicals.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Advertising people are all talentless hacks because they didn't call it the next wave of advertising

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

with a name like that, they would have been sure to make a big splash

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

the year 20170 looking bleak

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
also it's pretty capitalism.png that we had 10 years (2000-2009) where new years novelty eyeglasses were typographically possible, but now selling them is *a thing* so you get abominations like the 2017 glasses in the quoted pic

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Plank Walker posted:

also it's pretty capitalism.png that we had 10 years (2000-2009) where new years novelty eyeglasses were typographically possible, but now selling them is *a thing* so you get abominations like the 2017 glasses in the quoted pic

It's ok, they're only used for 6 hours and then thrown away.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/houkoholic/status/1440519537489694722?s=21

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-3hvEkJsm0

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol posting nick robinson. is he uncancelled now?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

lol posting nick robinson. is he uncancelled now?

Yeah I was enjoying it until I noticed the channel it was on and now I feel kinda icky

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

it's a news clip. i didn't pay any attention whatsoever to the account that posted it because why would i and also i don't know who that is

you're a bit too online if watching a TV Tokyo clip feels icky simply because it's on some shitter's account

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 07:01 on Sep 23, 2021

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Surprise, boomers in other countries are also entitled sacks of poo poo

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i know the whole "frogs in a pot don't notice that's it's coming up to a boil" thing is a myth but this is still a little too on the nose.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

quote:

The European Commission, the executive arm of the European Union, has announced plans to force smartphone and other electronics manufacturers to fit a common USB-C charging port on their devices. The proposal is likely to have the biggest impact on Apple, which continues to use its proprietary Lightning connector rather than the USB-C connector adopted by most of its competitors. The rules are intended to cut down on electronic waste by allowing people to re-use existing chargers and cables when they buy new electronics.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/23/22626723/eu-commission-universal-charger-usb-c-micro-lightning-connector-smartphones

:yeshaha:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Plank Walker posted:

i have some news about the 1990s

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i assume it's completely legal to swim and out sink these in order to make an artificial reef for all your car batteries

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

tag me as the guy shitposting on twitter from his lawn chair on top of the helm

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

duz posted:

i have some news about the 1990s

And 1980's

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

capitalism more like crapitalism am i rite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jazerus posted:

it's a news clip. i didn't pay any attention whatsoever to the account that posted it because why would i and also i don't know who that is

you're a bit too online if watching a TV Tokyo clip feels icky simply because it's on some shitter's account

He's a sex pest who got metoo'd and booted out of Polygon and as a result his whole livelihood now relies on youtube hits and Patreon, so you're just kinda supporting that. Not in any real big meaningful way, but that's where the mild ick comes from. Like it's "online" but I'm not sure how it's any different from my mom refusing to watch any movie even remotely involving Kevin Spacey for the same reason, even if he's not on camera.