Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Someone posted that there was space in the Goon Shop Titans guild. I’d like an invite.

Username is Dan420

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I guess if there's still spots in the goon Elethor guild I'll join. Username's Arzaac.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I’d like in in the Elethor guild too, name Ladejarlen.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Elethor is such a janky system lmao. Hopefully they spend some money on better servers soon.

Mining is particularly hosed when you try to change nodes, which 99.9% of the time it won't let you.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'm playing Elethor as neongrey if someone wants to scoop me up.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Playing Elethor as AtomicDog, would be interested in signing up.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
There's now like, 4 more goons than there are spots in the corp (the max is 20). The good news is, items can still be transferred from the corp bank to players outside, if you come to the goon channel on NGU's discord we can set that up and you can ask questions about the game.

If we get enough extra players, we might have one of our higher-level players make a new corp so that newer players can also run incursions (daily fights against waves of monsters for decent loot) and level the fame skill (effects corp buffs).

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
In Elethor as DietDrPibb, would be interested in joining whatever runoff corp gets created.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Manyorcas posted:

if you come to the goon channel on NGU's discord we can set that up and you can ask questions about the game.

Rad, I'll see you guys there then :)

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
So in Orb of Creation. Who do I complain to about lightning spear's vulnerable effect causing me to deal less damage?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Elethor news:

1) There's one slot left in the corp but I've lost track of who's been invited or not. Next person to post gets the slot. We might have 1-2 more slots coming open soon.
2) If you choose to participate in the corp event, please make sure you can reach about 1200 total points. You get counted into the average whether you donate one or six times, and if you need help with materials, feel free to ask here, in corp chat, or on either discord. We want to reach rank A while still having as many participants as possible, since two rank A events will get a new player to level 3 fame, but two rank B events will not. Most mob drops in the Hard category tend to be pretty expensive but Mediums are almost as many points (you can get to 1200 easily with 6 mediums) and we probably have some of them around already. Skasix and Jaspil are ores that don't have much use in the game so they're pretty cheap and come up in the Hard category sometimes. Just don't take Easy ones unless your options in Medium and Hard are ridiculously expensive. I also have tons of scrap which I think can come up in any category, the market for scrap is kind of screwed right now but we have it.
3) I have a new spreadsheet which includes a multikill calculator among several other new features.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Can you invite AudieSmurfy please?

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

habituallyred posted:

So in Orb of Creation. Who do I complain to about lightning spear's vulnerable effect causing me to deal less damage?

There is a discord linked from the itch.io page, you can probably get feedback to the dev there.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The NGU Breadverse set bonus says that you get "less crappy cards"; does this mean a shift upward in quality? I feel like I'm burning a lot more Mayo since I finished the set because I'm getting a lot more cards that are worth casting, but IDK if that's just confirmation bias and random chance.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Pope Guilty posted:

The NGU Breadverse set bonus says that you get "less crappy cards"; does this mean a shift upward in quality? I feel like I'm burning a lot more Mayo since I finished the set because I'm getting a lot more cards that are worth casting, but IDK if that's just confirmation bias and random chance.

It changes the rarity value range from 0.80-1.2 to 0.85-1.2 when generating cards. That means that there's less of a chance of getting Crappy rarity cards since they fall between 0.80 and 0.90 in rarity value.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
That makes sense, thank you!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

In NG Space Company, which Dark Matter unlocks do you keep through rebirth?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

kaschei posted:

In NG Space Company, which Dark Matter unlocks do you keep through rebirth?

All of them? I think you lose some when you Enlighten, but I'm not sure which ones. I'm a couple runs away from doing that.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Yeah, I meant Enlighten.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

kaschei posted:

Yeah, I meant Enlighten.

On enlighten you lose the following dark matter upgrades:
Tier 5 and 6 Batteries
Tier 3 and 4 Plasma
Tier 3 and 4 Plasma Storage
Tier 5 Laboratories
Tier 5 Machine Research
Meteorite Tier 3 and 4

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
So NGU Industries is dead in the water apparently. Anyone know any other good Steam Idle games? I like stuff where new features unfold and add new layers to the game. I'm currently running Idling to Rule the Gods, but any others would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I'm liking Wizard and Minion Idle.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I'm at stage 285 in WAMI and have been really enjoying it. I bounced off of Idling to rule the gods pretty hard but this one has the same feel of unlocking new stuff that kept me invested with NGU for so long.

That said I just unlocked the slime lab and i hate that the auto experiment is 200,000 souls because as far as I can tell I just need to always be clicking experiment now to discover new recipes?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Is there a good web verison of WAMI? I am interested for a new idler.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

explosivo posted:

Yeah I'm at stage 285 in WAMI and have been really enjoying it. I bounced off of Idling to rule the gods pretty hard but this one has the same feel of unlocking new stuff that kept me invested with NGU for so long.

That said I just unlocked the slime lab and i hate that the auto experiment is 200,000 souls because as far as I can tell I just need to always be clicking experiment now to discover new recipes?

Yeah, experiment sucks. Luckily you dont need to experiment all that often; I ended up just never buying auto experiment because now I only have minor prestige left and it's not worth it just for that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

somekindofguy posted:

So NGU Industries is dead in the water apparently. Anyone know any other good Steam Idle games? I like stuff where new features unfold and add new layers to the game. I'm currently running Idling to Rule the Gods, but any others would be appreciated. Thanks.

I really like Your Chronicle a lot. Has a lot of progression systems and fairly regular content updates, and also has a good balance between short term objectives that require active play and long term ones you can work towards overnight or longer. The games two biggest downsides are 1) until you unlock the main automation feature you'll be doing a lot of clicking buttons and/or waiting to click buttons and 2) the ubiquitous for the genre practice of putting far too many quality of life features behind a premium currency shop.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm currently playing Your Chronicle, and it's definitely a lot of fun. I do like the idea of making a branching narrative with multiple endings, and tying that in to the usual prestige loop that idle games do.

Like you said though, it takes a lot of active play before you even get a whiff of any automation or QoL. Last time I played, I ended up quitting before getting the first ending and therefore access to a lot of the automation. Hopefully it's gonna go better this time around!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, experiment sucks. Luckily you dont need to experiment all that often; I ended up just never buying auto experiment because now I only have minor prestige left and it's not worth it just for that.

Good to know, I was bummed because I had just spent 200k souls on some other stuff but i feel better about my choice now

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

The Ninth Layer posted:

I really like Your Chronicle a lot. [...] the ubiquitous for the genre practice of putting far too many quality of life features behind a premium currency shop.
I've been thoroughly absorbed by Your Chronicle to the extent that it has caused problems in my household as I fiddle with things to set up the next stretch of my run instead of performing various real life tasks

I wouldn't recommend anyone get into it though, as it is VERY active and not particularly generous with your time. And the interface is not very good.

For me, the first couple of cash shop purchases were required to make good use of time, and I ended up spending $100 on it to get all the party slots, party templates, shortcut slots, and some other stuff.

The reasoning being, if I'm going to spend a bunch of real-life time with this game, I may as well get as much QoL as possible. But now that I've spent all the real-life money, it feels like I'm more committed to spending the real-life time.

If the automation was more like Groundhog Life or Idle Loops, where you set up a growing chain of activities that take you from birth to reincarnation, I would definitely recommend the game. Instead, even when you throw all your money at it, the best the automation ("Sloth") does is let you farm hard-to-get resources for the next 2 hours or so until you're able to do more active clicking.

I just did my third ED4 and it seems like once you get to that point you can just leave it on to farm Sin, but prior to that point the best use of your time is to keep doing manual reincarnations over and over which don't get much faster or funner.

I would love to send a time portal back to prevent myself from starting this game so I could have spent the time with the several "real" video games I have purchased in the meantime. This may not be the best possible use of a time portal though.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
You can send a sports almanac back with the note telling you not to play a specific idle game in the same time portal! Two birds with one wormhole!

I also played a good bit of Your Chronicle without spending money. The automation isn't really that important, you can passively accumulate a lot of resources with the right party members. I found it fun to push up my stats with gluttony and gradually make my way through the various reincarnation paths.

But any time you feel tempted to spend a hundred bucks on any game is the time to take a step back and reevaluate things. All of us number junkies are susceptible to things that make the numbers go up faster. Even if you end up spending hundreds of hours, I'd try to never spend more than 10-20 bucks on an idle game.

Remember, the real numbers are the ones you earned on the journey, not the ones at the end. (Personally I can't enjoy a game if I spend money on unlocks I could have gotten over time. I only generally pay for no-ads or to give the dev some money like I did with NGU)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

WTFBEES posted:

Adventure Stats:

1.53E+35 Power (with Beast Mode)
6.243E+34 Toughness
40% move cooldowns

It took at least 5 or 6 tries to get the last titan. Make sure to block every time it's on cooldown and hope his mega attack doesn't make it through.

Base R3 stats:

36,706 power
1,568,000,000 cap

Worth noting you need a quaddrillion R3 if you want to get all the achievements, so I need to pump my cap a bit more before I really call it complete.

Thanks, I'm still pretty far from the ending despite feeling I'm only a few hurdles away from the end, but that R3 gives me something to shoot for in the meantime.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wish 4g would go back and fill in additional challenge rewards and bestiary lore :(

i don't have any incentive to do the laser sword challenge on evil.......

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Aurora posted:

i wish 4g would go back and fill in additional challenge rewards and bestiary lore :(

i don't have any incentive to do the laser sword challenge on evil.......

You have all the incentive you need: Doing so makes

Numbers

Go

Up

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it doesn't make number go up in any meaninful way though.

like why would i spend my time doing this instead of pushing 24 hour rebirths instead of getting uhhhhhh 140m exp? 20k ap?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
tbf that one doesn't reset number and you can do it during 24hr cycles

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

SynthesisAlpha posted:

You can send a sports almanac back with the note telling you not to play a specific idle game in the same time portal! Two birds with one wormhole!
I was trying to think more altruistically but I guess if we can get the sports almanac traveling through the time portal fast enough to kill Hitler and then ricochet into a hidden cave maybe we're getting somewhere

SynthesisAlpha posted:

The automation isn't really that important, you can passively accumulate a lot of resources with the right party members.
Unfortunately in Your Chronicle there's also 3 paid party member slots. A 10 member party is strictly better than a 7 member party no matter how effectively you're using your clicking time. The time is more important to me than the money, so I feel bad when I'm not using the money to make better use of the time.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Personally I can't enjoy a game if I spend money on unlocks I could have gotten over time. I only generally pay for no-ads or to give the dev some money like I did with NGU
I'm most happy when a game has a single $5 to $20 option to double progress or whatever and support the dev. I don't personally want to be playing a game for months to unlock a thing that I could've had at the very start, if that thing makes the game more fun to play.

I'm not at all upset from spending money on this game, just resentful at their design for locking so much basic QoL stuff behind time or money gates. Even with those upgrades bought there's still a lot of changes they could make to improve QoL but you know they're gonna be locked up in that Ruby shop.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Feline Mind Meld posted:

tbf that one doesn't reset number and you can do it during 24hr cycles

i'm pretty sure a normal rebirth consitutes interrupting yggdrasil growing and also i have to reallocate everything again

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Aurora posted:

i'm pretty sure a normal rebirth consitutes interrupting yggdrasil growing and also i have to reallocate everything again

You can just click the Laser Sword challenge when you rebirth. Nothing else changes. If you aren’t rebirthing every 24 hours or so, why not? That’s the fastest way to make the numbers go up. And some even if it’s not every day, it still doesn’t reset anything when you do. A normal rebirth would end by harvesting, but yes, you’d have to play the game and allocate resources.

I know I’m not because I’m extra lazy with it right now, but I’d be much closer to finishing the game if I were to do so. I’m just running out of things to do in the game, so I forget to do anything with it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Aurora posted:

it doesn't make number go up in any meaninful way though.

like why would i spend my time doing this instead of pushing 24 hour rebirths instead of getting uhhhhhh 140m exp? 20k ap?

It makes the number go up from 0/20 to 20/20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I basically just did the Laser Sword challenges as part of my daily routine. Do my daily rebirth, start laser sword challenge, finish it in like 5 minutes, move on with my life. I do agree it would be nice to have the rewards there, but also it's literally no effort to tack it on to a normal rebirth and you're almost certainly doing more than 20 rebirths per difficulty.