Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I bet they'll announce that Castlevania GBA collection tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Shneak posted:

I need them to announce Disco Elysium coming out this week before my birthday discount code runs out.

Birthday discount codes work against recent stuff?

Last time I remember getting a birthday thing from Nintendo it was like, the most early Switch games, then I think the time before that, it was Wii U games or something.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

OhFunny posted:

Isn’t getting 100% in FFX-2 a lot easier if you do two play throughs and take the different branching paths in each instead of trying to get it in one run?

Yeah, in fact that's kind of the intended way to do it, but since it is possible to get 100% in a single playthrough if you're very thorough and do everything exactly right, a lot of people try to do it that way.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Spoilers

https://twitter.com/peta/status/1439998305254129666?s=19

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I bet they'll announce that Castlevania GBA collection tomorrow.

I think there was a Play Asia leak about this.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

LODGE NORTH posted:

I think there was a Play Asia leak about this.
SNES Dracula X is the weirdest inclusion possible that no one was asking for

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The United States posted:

SNES Dracula X is the weirdest inclusion possible that no one was asking for
Feels like they're just slowly trying to release all the 2D Castlevania games. SOTN/Rondo already exist in that weird Sony exclusive bundle. Anniversary Collection has a ton of stuff including Bloodlines and Super. Feels like they wanted to put Dracula X somewhere and also help pad the relatively tiny group of the newest collection.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Castlevania Games Re-Released In Anniversary:

NES Castlevania
NES Castlevania II Simon's Quest
NES Castlevania III Dracula's Curse
SNES Super Castlevania IV
GB Castlevania The Adventure
GB Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge
GEN Castlevania Bloodlines
*Kid Dracula Bonus doesn't really count

Castlevania Games About to be Re-Released in Advance:

GBA Circle of the Moon
GBA Harmony of Dissonance
GBA Aria of Sorrow
SNES Dracula X lol

*Sony Exclusive Does Not Count lol:

*PSX Symphony of the Night
*PCE Rondo of Blood

2D Castlevania Not Re-Released:

GB Castlevania Legends

PCE Rondo of Blood

PSX Symphony of the Night
PSX Castlevania Chronicles

DS Dawn of Sorrow
DS Portrait of Ruin
DS Order of Ecclesia

WII Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth

*PSP Rondo of Blood Remake in psuedo 3D may not count

So they could do this GBA collection, a DS collection, and then leave the SOTN, Rondo, Rondo Remake, Adventure Rebirth and Legends for last?

If they were less greedy they could have probably just split this pretty evenly into all non-metroidvanias in one collection and all metroidvanias in another instead of 4 different collections but oh well

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 23, 2021

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The direct will be only about a reboot of GEIST, which was first on the GameCube. It will include qr codes to swap bodies and objects.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

GEI2T, G3IST and then the follow up GEIST: Origins all announced

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

What star wars creed would nintendo peeps be?
Warios a Hutt

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rondo of Blood is already getting a re-release. It's the TurboDuo release of the US Dracula X Chronicles's Rondo localization on actual TurboDuo disc exclusively from Limited Run Games! Just buy an ancient TurboDuo or any one of the two dozen artisanal hardware accurate indie consoles that'll play it and you're good to go.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls will see a Switch release.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rumor is Rondo will inexplicably be part of the Advance collection? Big if true

Though whether it’s the good TurboGrafx one or the mediocre SNES one is up in the air

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want harmony of despair to get rereleased on something that doesn't suck and maybe get some balance patches

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LuckyCat posted:

Maybe Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls will see a Switch release.

Probably in a year or two I’d say

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got Rondo of Blood on my PC-Engine Mini

That whole system slaps. It should have been in second in the sixteen bit wars with Sega in a distant third

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

hatty posted:

Rumor is Rondo will inexplicably be part of the Advance collection? Big if true

Though whether it’s the good TurboGrafx one or the mediocre SNES one is up in the air
They were using the US naming, so Dracula X is SNES lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gah, I thought they were both called Dracula X in Japan, Does Sony have rondo locked up in a contract or something? Free rondo!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Requiem is just the PSP Dracula X Chronicles games emulated through PS4s rarely used PSP emulator with a launcher and some trophies. It's konami putting minimum possible effort to do a new release.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

hatty posted:

Gah, I thought they were both called Dracula X in Japan, Does Sony have rondo locked up in a contract or something? Free rondo!
Dracula X SNES is called Dracula XX in Japan. Fun!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Zeron posted:

It's...okay. It's not as good as Stardew, Trio of Towns/Story of Seasons 1, or the Rune Factories. But if you don't have any of those or are really itching for more farming it'll do.

After playing for a couple of hours yeah, PoOT is fun and I'm enjoying it but it's not as good as the old HM/SoS games. Honestly the FoMT remake is better, and cheaper too.

Also I gotta say I'm annoyed at the loss of "time stops in buildings" that the old SoS games had, they kept it in the FoMT remake at least but it's really annoying in PoOT when someone is on the opposite side of the house or something and I hate wasting precious time running over to talk to them. Just let time freeze in buildings again! (I also hate this about Stardew.)

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I noped out of playing Rune Factory 3 because time kept moving in buildings, like I don't want any of that poo poo. But for whatever reason it was less of an issue in 4.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i hope some dude comes in to reassure everyone that Metroid prime 4 and or Bayonetta 3 are definitely still being made, yes siree

The new rumour is they are releasing prime 1 on its own. Which i believe cos its such a pro nintendo move.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Vikar Jerome posted:

The new rumour is they are releasing prime 1 on its own. Which i believe cos its such a pro nintendo move.

“Hahaha what are they gonna charge $50 for Metroid Prime HD? Of course what assholes” I say as I take $50 out of my wallet and attempt to shove it into my Switch dock to get Metroid Prime HD as soon as possible

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oxyclean posted:

Mario 64 but it's a 64 player battle royale.

Imaging racing up to the top of Bombomb Battlefield against other players. (But with extra hazards and whatnot.)

holy moley

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd be fine with just buying Prime 1 if it were like £20. That seems incredibly unlikely though. I hope Skyward Sword didn't bolster Nintendo's confidence about how much they can charge for a single old game. :ohdear:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stev posted:

I hope Skyward Sword didn't bolster Nintendo's confidence about how much they can charge for a single old game. :ohdear:

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

this is the crappiest way they could go about it so yeah, metroid prime 1 for 50 bucks and timed release until March next year.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
When was the last time a rumor was true? Why are we acting like any Metroid Prime game is ever going to get released? (Including 4)

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Fellow ausgoons yous staying up for the direct or setting a super early alarm?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

It's at 8am, what are you calling super early?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Why are we acting like any Metroid Prime game is ever going to get released? (Including 4)

desperation

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

New Super Metis posted:

Pikmin 4

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

OhFunny posted:

Isn’t getting 100% in FFX-2 a lot easier if you do two play throughs and take the different branching paths in each instead of trying to get it in one run?

Look I never said past me was smart :v:. Also I got so disgusted at that point after meticulously following a guide only to be screwed out of a measly probably a fraction of a percentage point, and I really didn't feel like playing the whole goddamn game again just to get it.

Comparing the ending I eventually got with the one I would have gotten if I'd bothered, I'm happy with my decision.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

New Super Metis posted:

Frisk and all the Undertale friends pop out for attacks including Susie and Ralsie and all the Links are executed live

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

American McGay posted:

When was the last time a rumor was true? Why are we acting like any Metroid Prime game is ever going to get released? (Including 4)

Theres def a metroid game called dread in the works, a sequel to fusion- forum poster 2006

Project dread is nearing completion

Also the n64 controller you will see tonight and the gba advance collection and all the bullshit i post in the ps5 thread, like 2% of that has come true.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Sep 23, 2021

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

why would they only release prime 1 when the entire trilogy is finished and sitting on a shelf waiting for a dip in sales?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Don't get your hopes up. It's just going to be 30min of some old dude in a fake office talking about some party game DLC character and mii skins, then a slightly different 2min metroid dread trailer, a picture of a platinum tweet saying "yes bayonetta 3 is still being developed", then they will show off some multicultural LGBTQIXz# kids at the skate park kickflipping the switch OLED and squinting at the screen at a picnic in the sun but otherwise generally having a good time, then a fake fade to black before they show off 2 NES games you've never heard of!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Len posted:

why would they only release prime 1 when the entire trilogy is finished and sitting on a shelf waiting for a dip in sales?

All part of the grand nintendo deception, first started in 1984