Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is literally what happened when Cendant imploded Enron-style btw, I worked for them at the time. It was...not good lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
lol

it's getting tense in the zoom call

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Just let them fire you and then take them to court and clean what's left of them lol

more falafel please

forums poster

so I added an endpoint to our REST backend. that was actually pretty easy. then I have to generate the cpprest wrapper for that endpoint, then write the UE4 wrapper for that wrapper, then write the UE4 OnlineSubsystem wrapper for that wrapper, and then I realized that I'm missing a wrapper between the generated cpprest wrapper and the UE4 wrapper. 90% of this task is just writing goddamn glue code

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

cruft

more falafel please posted:

90% of this task is just writing goddamn glue code

This describes the vast majority of programming jobs now.

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
aite looks like i got a new job unless somethin dumb happens

im gonna sit through the training till it starts tho lol pay me binch

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

empty whippet box posted:

aite looks like i got a new job unless somethin dumb happens

im gonna sit through the training till it starts tho lol pay me binch

Grats lmao please keep us updated. This is basically par for every contract call center experience I've ever seen.

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
Michael -

Everyone in my training group has repeatedly asked for an update about why we have not been paid and when we can expect it. We have received no communication whatsoever on these issues. We have been very patient regarding this matter.

I have had to borrow money to keep my bills current, but I have reached the limit of my ability to do this and soon will be facing late fees as a result of ttec’s failure to pay in a reasonable timeframe. Others in my training group are in much more dire situations. This amounts to an involuntary reduction of my wages due to ttec’s failure to pay on time, and may have effects on my credit score.

It goes without saying that this is unacceptable - whatever the issue is, we at least deserve to know why this is happening, and when it will be fixed. We have received no update of any kind. I have had to spend personal time on the phone with utilities and those I have regular bills with explaining the situation, during which I cannot tell them when I will have the money to pay my bills. I have no guarantee that I will even have my paycheck in time to pay my rent on time, which could have serious, life-changing consequences. I should not have to experience that kind of anxiety while I am working full time, through no fault of my own, without being told when I can expect resolution.

I have reviewed labor laws in Utah(where I am) and Colorado(where ttec is based) and according to these laws, paychecks are to be paid no later than 10 days after the end of the pay period. The 10th day after the end of the pay period was Monday the 20th, for the pay period ending on September 10th. For every subsequent day after this, the employer may be assessed a fine of 5% of the unpaid wages per day up to 100% of the unpaid wages, or 20 days. Half of this is to be paid to the state treasurer, and half to the employee. This is clearly stated in the statutes governing the payment of wages in both states.

I am sending you this email to document the above grievances and give ttec a chance to rectify this problem before I reach out to the departments of labor in Utah and Colorado as well as the federal agency. If you are not the appropriate person for this email, please either forward it to whoever is, or supply me with their email address so that I may send it to them myself.

Please respond with information about when I can expect to be paid in full.

Thank you.

Bitch

----------------

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Michael -

Everyone in my training group has repeatedly asked for an update about why we have not been paid and when we can expect it. We have received no communication whatsoever on these issues. We have been very patient regarding this matter.

I have had to borrow money to keep my bills current, but I have reached the limit of my ability to do this and soon will be facing late fees as a result of ttec’s failure to pay in a reasonable timeframe. Others in my training group are in much more dire situations. This amounts to an involuntary reduction of my wages due to ttec’s failure to pay on time, and may have effects on my credit score.

It goes without saying that this is unacceptable - whatever the issue is, we at least deserve to know why this is happening, and when it will be fixed. We have received no update of any kind. I have had to spend personal time on the phone with utilities and those I have regular bills with explaining the situation, during which I cannot tell them when I will have the money to pay my bills. I have no guarantee that I will even have my paycheck in time to pay my rent on time, which could have serious, life-changing consequences. I should not have to experience that kind of anxiety while I am working full time, through no fault of my own, without being told when I can expect resolution.

I have reviewed labor laws in Utah(where I am) and Colorado(where ttec is based) and according to these laws, paychecks are to be paid no later than 10 days after the end of the pay period. The 10th day after the end of the pay period was Monday the 20th, for the pay period ending on September 10th. For every subsequent day after this, the employer may be assessed a fine of 5% of the unpaid wages per day up to 100% of the unpaid wages, or 20 days. Half of this is to be paid to the state treasurer, and half to the employee. This is clearly stated in the statutes governing the payment of wages in both states.

I am sending you this email to document the above grievances and give ttec a chance to rectify this problem before I reach out to the departments of labor in Utah and Colorado as well as the federal agency. If you are not the appropriate person for this email, please either forward it to whoever is, or supply me with their email address so that I may send it to them myself.

Thank you.

Bitch

Hell yeah :respek:

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

get paid friend

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Michael -

Thank you.

Bitch

I would absolutely not send them that, I would go straight to the labor board. gently caress em.

NumptyScrub

Mormon Nailer posted:

I would absolutely not send them that, I would go straight to the labor board. gently caress em.

I know what you mean and that also works, but sometimes having a paper trail of cordial, non-abusive requests for information / reparation can help during future tribunals. At least here in ol' Blighty it can, I'll admit you are far more versed in US labour practises than I.

The important part is gettin' paid tho

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy

NumptyScrub posted:

I know what you mean and that also works, but sometimes having a paper trail of cordial, non-abusive requests for information / reparation can help during future tribunals. At least here in ol' Blighty it can, I'll admit you are far more versed in US labour practises than I.

yea this is the reason I sent it, I don't expect a response, I'm just making a paper trail.

----------------

Gramps

gently caress I think I hate my job now this sucks

Time to start looking again I guess

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

NumptyScrub posted:

yea this is the reason I sent it, I don't expect a response, I'm just making a paper trail.

Fair lol, but get their asses

Finger Prince

I'm on 5x nights to finish out my obligation in this department, was supposed to have a nap this afternoon but that didn't happen so lol I'm going to be so useless by about 3am. I don't remember the last time I did nights. It's possible I did a week or two last year but it could be years.

Farecoal

There he go
The only other person on my team has tested positive for COVID. I got swabbed before I left work (yay working at a medical lab) so I should know if I have it by tomorrow

Lock

Farecoal posted:

The only other person on my team has tested positive for COVID. I got swabbed before I left work (yay working at a medical lab) so I should know if I have it by tomorrow

drat friend, good luck with that

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
they finally loving paid me a whole goddamn week late. my fuckin' internet and electricity would have been shut off if not for you gentlegoons, but joke's on them, I already have a new job starting on the 4th now as a result of all this that pays more and is with a better company. I am getting the gently caress out of here .... after I get another 40 hours of "training" while i wait for the new job to start anyway.

the new job is also because of a goon.

I really don't know wtf my life would be like without this place.

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 23, 2021

----------------

Lock

Been a rollercoaster, thrilled it all worked out for you!

NumptyScrub

they finally loving paid me a whole goddamn week late. my fuckin' internet and electricity would have been shut off if not for you gentlegoons, but joke's on them, I already have a new job starting on the 4th now as a result of all this that pays more and is with a better company. I am getting the gently caress out of here .... after I get another 40 hours of "training" while i wait for the new job to start anyway.

Walking out of a trainwreck like you just had with a better offer in your pocket is the best possible outcome IMO, also make sure you get that sweet labour board late fee action as well.

They screwed you over, screw them back :colbert:

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy

NumptyScrub posted:

Walking out of a trainwreck like you just had with a better offer in your pocket is the best possible outcome IMO, also make sure you get that sweet labour board late fee action as well.

They screwed you over, screw them back :colbert:

I called the utah DOL 3 times yesterday and it went to voicemail each time :lol: great country we got here

----------------

Escape From Noise

:hellyeah:

gently caress these scrubs!

Gramps

:snoop:

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I called the utah DOL 3 times yesterday and it went to voicemail each time :lol: great country we got here

loving Utah every time

Get that paper, get paid, hold them to the fire. And GET THAT NEW JOB FEELING

Ass-penny

goongrats on the new job, mate. get that paper from this other company still but good riddance.

also I just made this, thought this would be the place.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I just got a job offer to work for 3M at $20.50 per hour :psyduck:

I never thought I'd make that much money in my life and I am hella loving excite :peanut:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Lock

Areola Grande posted:

I never thought I'd make that much money in my life and I am hella loving excite :peanut:

gratz! go get paid!

Farecoal

There he go

Areola Grande posted:

The sad thing is that's probably what minimum wage should be adjusted for inflation and cost of living increases.

I tested negative, but they want everybody who was around my co-worker to stay home for 7 days anyway. Forgot to ask if it was unpaid!!

NumptyScrub

Areola Grande posted:

Basically if a company agrees to pay you an amount, you can be certain that you are actually worth more than that amount

Understand that you absolutely are worth at least $20.50 an hour :hmmyes:

Areola Grande

NumptyScrub posted:

Basically if a company agrees to pay you an amount, you can be certain that you are actually worth more than that amount

yeah, it's a six month contract through Manpower so u KNOW they're getting their beaks wet on this one

:shrug: it's a living

Ass-penny

NumptyScrub posted:

:yeah:

grats on the new job AG! I hope you find the people and labour palatable.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

:yeah:

grats on the new job AG! I hope you find the people and labour palatable.

driving around town in a company van. Picking up used 3M Wound Vacs®.

Drive em back to 3M, clean em w/ chemicals, submit them to Quality Control, then deliver them to local hospitals in need of fresh, clean ones

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

It's just amazing what jobs exist in our modern world. Picking up used wound vacs was not something I ever thought would be a thing, but it makes sense.

Get that money orbs.

Ass-penny

:allears:

ready for these 3M wound vac delivery driver stories to start.

hot cocoa on the couch

can't believe i'm actually at work right now, working

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

:allears:

ready for these 3M wound vac delivery driver stories to start.

11 days until story #1

xcheopis

These data issues are so annoying. And painful! I'm wearing my wrist brace for the first time in over a month and it's gonna be an "extra ibuprofen" day.
I was asked if I wanted to join one of the meetings with two specific contractors regarding their data and the terribadle problems with said data and I pointed out that they'd mostly be getting *irritated scoffing sounds intensify* from me, so, no, not really a good idea.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Areola Grande posted:

11 days until story #1

Get paid mfer, that owns. 3M is a cool place to work; I know a couple buddies down there that started through MP and ended up going permanent so fingers crossed you get on there permanently!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also: lol someone at oracle took a massive poo poo in Netsuite's framework today and it was dumping data left and right, so that was fun. I am glad we can restore from redundant backups and we were able to retrieve the single customer that wasn't backed up, but fuuuuuuck Oracle.