Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

infernal machines posted:

the number of family dynasties in canadian press is frankly disconcerting

imagine getting an op-ed column at the same paper as your mother

dog shampoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Why doesnt Rosie dimanno do what she does on substack or something instead of demanding national attention to her mind diarrhea

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

what's conrad black up to these days anyway?

traded a flattering biography of trump in 2018 in exchange for a pardon

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

skewetoo posted:

Why doesnt Rosie dimanno do what she does on substack or something instead of demanding national attention to her mind diarrhea

Because her barely literate boomer audience don't know what The Subs Stack is

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

The dippers are the Labour party in this scenario tho, not the Reds. I would like our commies + Marxists gain a handful of seats fwiw but they haven't come close since the 30's iirc

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

Because her barely literate boomer audience don't know what The Subs Stack is

if it worked for barbara kay it can work for rosie dimanno too

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

I always wonder how people can be apolitical when politics impacts our lives so much.

my father volunteered for the NDP in the 80s and was heavily involved in unions and eventually as an occupational health and safety officer, working to protect labour from capital. maybe that is what shaped my outlook on politics and at least voting every election.

I think back to the separatist vote in 1995, which was incredibly stressful at the time. I remember watching the results come in at university in the student lounge uncertain of Canada’s future. I voted stay for the record.

not having a say or not caring about the future seems nihilistic to me. a degree of cynicism that leads to a dark place both mentally and politically.

you can’t tell me you care about your kid if you’re never in their lives, and you can’t tell me that you care about Canada and it’s direction if you never vote.

sorry for the rambling rant but had to get it off my chest.

not voting, and or not caring how you vote means you're a shambling beast of a creature who doesn't care about the country

if i feel like its worth my effort I will vote (as I did this election)

the people that take it WAY too seriously are the ones that wear bicycle shorts in the winter time, there i said it

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Blood Boils posted:

The dippers are the Labour party in this scenario tho, not the Reds. I would like our commies + Marxists gain a handful of seats fwiw but they haven't come close since the 30's iirc

80 years of propaganda has done its' job

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/tomblackwellNP/status/1441034511328874503

quote:

It’s impossible at this point to determine what factors caused results in individual ridings, but Chiu was not the only Conservative incumbent to be defeated in seats with large Chinese-Canadian populations, people exposed to such ethnic-Chinese media.

good lord

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Ah yes, *wink* /nod Perfidious Ethnic Han stole the election

Thanks for your service, natpo

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

won't anyone stop the erosion of our canadian identity, natpo asks, in their purplest typeface

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Reactionaries really leaning into the identity politics they recently decried

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
identity politics, but anticommunistly

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
To be honest I'm surprised that the Conservatives didn't expect the China bashing to backfire in some ridings. Even many Hong Kongers are pro-China.

The typical poli sci nerds on r/Canada politics are decrying that voters would care about their home countries and their families abroad instead of assimilating into the great Canadian tradition of bootlicking for the US.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

skewetoo posted:

Reactionaries really leaning into the identity politics they recently decried

its almost like they were doing it the whole time, and the outrage was just them projecting.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

lmao at calling any kind of media consumption 'election interference', this is the exact same thing as russiagate smdh

if a foreign national hinting to you to vote one way or another is an inappropriate or altogether illegal act worthy of prosecution, then what the gently caress is this:

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1438541175607242766

like, you can see immediately the argument holds no water :nallears:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
ah well. At least we finally have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1438902448442195971

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Wouldn't the pro-Beijing camp be against Trudeau anyway due to the Meng Wanzhou situation?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Hey CCP throw some spare remnimbi my way like you did in that vancouver hotel lobby and yeah I'll say uuuh Meng is great and good or something anyways let's talk call me 📞

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Normy posted:

Wouldn't the pro-Beijing camp be against Trudeau anyway due to the Meng Wanzhou situation?

that was my immediate thought too but I guess it's not supposed to make sense, Trudeau Bad is the underpinning logic

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
max bernier is in twitter jail for posting journalist emails and phone numbers and asking supporters to harass them

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

DariusLikewise posted:

max bernier is in twitter jail for posting journalist emails and phone numbers and asking supporters to harass them

lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

lol

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

LOL* on the shirt of an unwitting international assassin

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

It looks like the CPC is going to win Charleswood by 24 votes, and liberals there are so mad at NDP voters for not voting strategically and now it's their fault we're not getting national pharmacare. If the LPC actually kept their promises Eyolfson never would have lost his seat in 2019 in the first place.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Coxswain Balls posted:

It looks like the CPC is going to win Charleswood by 24 votes, and liberals there are so mad at NDP voters for not voting strategically and now it's their fault we're not getting national pharmacare. If the LPC actually kept their promises Eyolfson never would have lost his seat in 2019 in the first place.

sounds like they should've campaigned for at least 24 more votes

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DariusLikewise posted:

CBC posted:

Khan said he became the subject of Bernier's tweets after sending the PPC's press office a request the day after the election asking if the party could provide someone to talk to him about voters' concerns about possible extremism in the party.

"I've spoken with a number of folks, and some have highlighted their concerns for what the party stands for, and stressed discomfort upon seeing your signs. They fear that the PPC is pushing far-right extremism and allowing people who [are] xenophobic in the party [to] run as candidates," Khan's email to the PPC said.

Well, they did provide someone, and extremism was certainly discussed

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Coxswain Balls posted:

lol twitter is melting down over it and it's hilarious

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

Owned

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

what a shame.

Better luck next election.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

if only the liberals could have done something to get rid of vote-splitting, alas

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Lostconfused posted:

what a shame.

Better luck next election.

So sorry, try again in 6 months!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/andraydomise/status/1441103156591554565

https://www.parl.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?billId=11217610&Language=E

'Foreign Influence Registry Act' lmao fuckin cmon

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i don't know, maybe there are things we could do to curb foreign influence in canada that could be beneficial. for example, blocking people who aren't canadian citizens from owning media or producing content for them would be a step in the right direction i think

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/SpencerFernando/status/1440352001842315266

lol

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
a lot of complaining about foreign interference from the party that uses their MP's to shill for American corporate interests every other week

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

blocking people who aren't canadian citizens from owning media or producing content for them

is this really a problem right now though?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

yellowcar posted:

is this really a problem right now though?

i want to see us double down on cancon and make all the kpop stans mad

drake is just as good, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

i don't know, maybe there are things we could do to curb foreign influence in canada that could be beneficial. for example, blocking people who aren't canadian citizens from owning media or producing content for them would be a step in the right direction i think

While we're at it block Canadians from owning media and producing content as well