Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Waltzing Along posted:

Didn't the Kirby game look kind of empty? A lot of those shots looked like Kirby wandering around with very little to do around him.

Looked bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
no the kirby game looked good actually and i will buy it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Luigi's Mansion 4: The Nightman Cometh

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Very excited for Kirby 3D and Bayonetta 3. What a good Direct!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's stupid that they are charging more for NSO for the two extra systems. They should have just included them. NSO really isn't anything special to begin with.

I’m done with it. I’ve played all the good snes stuff, don’t play multiplayer games and I’m not pushed on n64.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

- I'm seeing the movie on release day. I don't care if it's bad. I have to see it. I have to see this trainwreck.

Sadly, it's probably just going to be mediocre and bad for anyone who likes good movies, good enough for children like the Sonic movie. That movie wasn't even laughably bad, just dull and annoying, but kids ate it up. I'm sure Mario will be the same.

Waltzing Along posted:

Didn't the Kirby game look kind of empty? A lot of those shots looked like Kirby wandering around with very little to do around him.

Yeah a bit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't NSO like $20 a year? I can understand not being hype about it but it isn't like it's a bank-breaker.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah but like if I’m not using it then it’s just a waste.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They haven’t announced the price yet

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

They HAVE to get Devito in this somehow to voice someone

Mega64
May 23, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't NSO like $20 a year? I can understand not being hype about it but it isn't like it's a bank-breaker.

They're charging an unknown amount more just for N64 and Genesis.

I'll probably pony up the extra cash though, if only so I can double my F-Zero game collection on my Switch.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Thee greatest direct

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It was the funniest direct I will give it that

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

ImpAtom posted:

It's a matter of principle than anything.

Technically online gameplay should be free period, but that ship has long sailed on consoles.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m done with it. I’ve played all the good snes stuff, don’t play multiplayer games and I’m not pushed on n64.

The concept has such potential as a "csergice that gives the console "true backwards compatibility" but they are just too stingy".

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sadly, it's probably just going to be mediocre and bad for anyone who likes good movies, good enough for children like the Sonic movie. That movie wasn't even laughably bad, just dull and annoying, but kids ate it up. I'm sure Mario will be the same.

Or it's going to own like Detective Pikachu.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
While I appreciate Bayo 3 news, after 5 god damned years, that fakeout made me realize how much I'd like an Astral Chain sequel.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just... why Chris Pratt? All the other voice choices are fine. Why Chris Pratt? Huh?? why?? I don't care if he's a big star, I need a better reason than that Miyamoto!!!!!

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

who is playing daisy in the mario movie

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah I don't know why I thought it was monthly for second. Hell 40 a year would be fine I guess or even 60. That's still only 5 a month which isn't bad bad, but not great if you're not using it. I can go for long spells without going into online games.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I just... why Chris Pratt? All the other voice choices are fine. Why Chris Pratt? Huh?? why?? I don't care if he's a big star, I need a better reason than that Miyamoto!!!!!

he's cool

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Forest Whittaker should play Mario

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's a matter of principle than anything.

:goonsay:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Do you think there is a single person on the planet who will go see the Mario movie because of Chris Pratt? Or any of the other actors? Wouldn't the movie sell itself?

Seems a waste of tons of $$$ on the cast to me. On top of this, it will be subtitled for the vast majority of people on the planet who will watch. People who won't care who the voice actors are. Or it will be dubbed.

Just dumb. Very very dumb. No wonder Hollywood is ENDLESS TRASH!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
man I wanted astral chain 2

I have to be the only person who got suckered by the astral chain joke

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'll see the Mario movie if Brian David Gilbert is cast as Waluigi.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

did they announce mario kart?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

sigher posted:

Or it's going to own like Detective Pikachu.

I'll give you that, this was a better movie than I would've expected and led to me to agree to see Sonic.

There's a lot that's not good in Detective Pikachu, but the actors definitely put they're work in (the lead and Ryan Reynolds were pretty good all-told) and the set-pieces are by and large pretty cool. The writing was the weakest thing from what I recall.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Sorry I know I keep interrupting games chat, that movie announcement and the actors just came out of nowhere and I'm still processing and sensibly chuckling.

ANYWAY, was a good Direct. I need to catch up on Age of Calamity bad

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
god drat I am so hype for the castevania trilogy. The soundtrack of Harmony of Dissonance is seriously underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQxs-WEFRJY

Mega64
May 23, 2008

romanowski posted:

who is playing daisy in the mario movie

That's one of the Charles Martinet cameos.

https://twitter.com/shandrick/status/1441171154731892743

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Don't think that was a guy at the end of the Bayonetta 3 trailer, I think it's a short haired woman.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

a.lo posted:

Chocobo Kart

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I like the dude's acting but he's a religious weirdo and I think his church has some anti-LGBT ties.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

a.lo posted:

Better yet Chocobo GP!

Also a Hotwheels game and some demolition derby.

Oh and F Zero X on the 64.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gay marriage in the tl of rune factory 5, also

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I got really excited and yelled when they showed Actraiser but it's not a sequel and frankly the graphics just made me want to play the original again

Actraiser is really good and I loving love it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm down for Chris Pratt.

"It's-a me, Star Lord!"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Do you think there is a single person on the planet who will go see the Mario movie because of Chris Pratt? Or any of the other actors? Wouldn't the movie sell itself?

Seems a waste of tons of $$$ on the cast to me. On top of this, it will be subtitled for the vast majority of people on the planet who will watch. People who won't care who the voice actors are. Or it will be dubbed.

Just dumb. Very very dumb. No wonder Hollywood is ENDLESS TRASH!

Robin Williams made Disney a lot of money and it ruined animated movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

a.lo posted:

Yeah, except instead of Mario characters it had Final Fantasy characters instead.