Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

gandlethorpe posted:

It would be kind of funny if Dragula casted a RPDR-type contestant who acted as if they were on RPDR.

Jade should go full Lisa Frank realness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

czg posted:

Anyone else watching Drag Race Holland on wowpresents, does the latest episode sound like poo poo? It sounds like they’ve uploaded a raw cut without mastering the audio by mistake. Some times it’s so loud it clips, or it’s really low, or it sounds like it’s recorded on a tin can.

E: Either they’ve uploaded the wrong file, or they lost all the audio recordings from that day except for whatever the cameras caught. It’s awful.

I only noticed it after the challenge filming, so I assumed it had to do with the discussions about the fight and the cheating. In other reality shows you sometimes see that audio difference when something unexpected happens, because they have to record all the reactions and interviews without their normal setup.

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

czg posted:

Anyone else watching Drag Race Holland on wowpresents, does the latest episode sound like poo poo? It sounds like they’ve uploaded a raw cut without mastering the audio by mistake. Some times it’s so loud it clips, or it’s really low, or it sounds like it’s recorded on a tin can.

E: Either they’ve uploaded the wrong file, or they lost all the audio recordings from that day except for whatever the cameras caught. It’s awful.

Yes, the sound was bad for me too. I noticed right away, so I don't think it has anything to do with the fight.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

czg posted:

I'm watching it now, and yep, Fred sounds like he's in a backyard shed half the time. I think they also hosed up the saturation/hue of the talking head interviews, because they're almost sepia toned.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Canada's Drag Race 2 cast announced!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Normy posted:

Canada's Drag Race 2 cast announced!

Can't watch any of the videos if you're not in Canada currently.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

What about this link?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTz7ldeJgym/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/c/WOWPresents/videos

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

CANADA: OCT 14
DRAGULA: OCT 19
UK: ???

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 14, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Started following Eve 6000 last year because she kept showing up in the comments of sassy leftwing tweets. Did not expect to see her in a DR cast reveal. Also didn't realize she was Canadian, heh.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Vivaldi on DRHolland has been caught cheating by having a phone and calling designers to bring her extra outfits, which she snuck into the werkroom. There is some uproar over her being allowed to stay in the competition.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I believe someone mentioned that Vivaldi does/used to do Fred's wigs, but I don't know if that's true. Surely they wouldn't make the nepotism (am I using that right?) THAT blatant...right?

Gawd, Vanessa is STUNNING.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Pinwiz11 posted:

CANADA: OCT 14
DRAGULA: OCT 19
UK: ???

Next week :lol:

We’re going to die.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

UK 3 is next week?!?!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Vintersorg posted:

UK 3 is next week?!?!

Yeah. BBC release date surprises strike again!

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Maybe time for a thread title change?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

A God drat Ghost posted:

Maybe time for a thread title change?

I have one in mind, I just need to pass it along.

e: Done. :stare: :10bux:

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 16, 2021

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Good god, surely they're aware that we're well past drag saturation at this point??

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

September 23, to be precise.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I'm excited to see what Jade Jolie will bring to Dragula. People dogged on her for her outfit not being "scary" enough, but her trailer concept was actually more in line with previous seasons, where every contestant usually has a "ooh, spooky" moment in the trailer (Erika puking blue, Priscilla with the cigarettes, etc)

Idk, Jade making out with a rotted Alice head struck me as more "horror" than....playing the drums or rolling your eyes back in your head.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

DRAG RACE UK 3 STARTS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 - 7pm London / 2 pm Eastern / 11 am Pacific / do the math

Let's meet... our drag queens!

Kitty Scott-Claus - Birmingham

Charity Kase - Preston

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1427904533129273344

Scarlett Harlett - East London

Vanity Milan - South London

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1427907121551749125

Choriza - Newcastle

Krystal Versace - Royal Tunbridge Wells

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1427909692391559169

Victoria Scone - Cardiff, Wales

Elektra Fence - Burnley

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1427911197635006465

Ella Vaday - Dagenham

Anubis - Brighton

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1427912886882643969

River Medway - Medway

Veronica Green - Rochdale

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1427914469099937793

And of course, our judges!
https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1439955936169369604

Gentlemen, start your engines, and may the best drag queen survive the onslaught of series seriously it's going to be too much :ohdear::neckbeard::psyboom:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
”Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful, hate me because I’m an immigrant.” Is one of the best entrances lines in any DR franchise.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

jimmydalad posted:

”Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful, hate me because I’m an immigrant.” Is one of the best entrances lines in any DR franchise.

What's this? Did a new season premiere?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

jimmydalad posted:

Yeah, that slayed. I loved it!

Nihonniboku posted:

What's this? Did a new season premiere?

Yep! UK 3 started today.

I enjoyed the first episode, but I died laughing when my smart speaker started reading the Wikipedia article for Fence mid-watch. :laffo:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yeah, that slayed. I loved it!

Yep! UK 3 started today.

I enjoyed the first episode, but I died laughing when my smart speaker started reading the Wikipedia article for Fence mid-watch. :laffo:

Is it on Wow plus yet?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

Is it on Wow plus yet?

Yep! I think it's released at the same time as the UK, 2 pm Eastern.

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
Liked most of the new episode, but I have a feeling rigor mortis is due for a new Twink. Some of those judge calls were questionable.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Is DRUK season 3 the season with the most trade? Some of these guys are super hot.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

has Bing Bang Bong replaced the theme song for DRUK yet

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

season slaps thus far. excellent casting, the right queen won the episode, the non ru and michelle judges were effervescent, and the asian queen didn’t get eliminated first (though kyne & rock em both went home second)

I thought Anubis did a great job with that lipsync, but ultimately Elektra’s manic stunting is going to make for better tv so I understand. I didn’t want any of them to go home but here we are. I enjoyed my three week reprieve from drag race

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

brb changing my drag name to Margot Roger

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7010241509949771013

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

TV IV › RuPaul's Drag Race UK 3 / Canada 2 / Dragula 4 / Etc. - hate me 'cause I'm an immigrant

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
DRUK 1st ep was great. Loved the top 2 and was ok with bottom 2.

DRHolland finale was also great. Everyone in front of the screen cried like babies at least once. Fabulous and well deserved winner! Congrats!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
First episode and there's already winner rigga moris

E: also really hope they stop being so patronizing to Victoria

Eej fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 24, 2021

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

also veronica’s loving stoned Super Pad 64 lmao

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Was a strong season opener, that's for sure. Lots of great queens, although Uncanny Valley Joffrey is a little... unsettling.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
She looks like she's got one of those faceapp filters that turn you into a baby turned on at all times, except that's just her face.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I can’t even imagine how loving annoying it is for the UK queens and UK audience to deal with two American judges not understanding ANY references.

Would’ve liked to see more Anubis, but they’re cut from the same cloth as Joe Black- rad queen, but this isn’t the format for them 😔

Victoria is already underwhelming, which is kinda surprising for a returning queen?

It’s great how varied every performer is, and I’m looking forward to this season. UK Drag Race = Best Drag Race

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

angerbeet posted:

Uncanny Valley Joffrey

asdfasdfgasdfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

the escape goat posted:

I can’t even imagine how loving annoying it is for the UK queens and UK audience to deal with two American judges not understanding ANY references.

UK aussie expat here, it's really loving annoying.
Like if you want to do well, don't be quintessentially British or do anything niche that will sit well with UK audiences, and just pander to production by making GBS threads out some physical comedy slapstick until geriatric Ru almost passes out from laughter.