Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Texan benefits most from Tonight?
This poll is closed.
Deshaun Watson 1 3.70%
Davis Mills 0 0%
Tyrod Taylor 4 14.81%
Nobody. These events have no intrinsic value. 22 81.48%
Total: 27 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

ozymandius1024 posted:

CMC is not great in short yardage (at least the way Brady uses him)

Eh I don’t even care if he gets the ball, it’s just good to have him on the field…but maybe he’s a little dinged up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
just hand the ball off to Mark Ingram, he's got 12 yards on two carries. Don't stop until you fail a fourth down conversion

or, you could put it in Davis Mills' hands. Your choice

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

wyoak posted:

Eh I don’t even care if he gets the ball, it’s just good to have him on the field…but maybe he’s a little dinged up?

He was in the tent at the time

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

wyoak posted:

Going for it is cool but doing it without cmc on the field seems silly

Panthers have to walk away from the redzone without points at least 2 or 3 times a game

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

ozymandius1024 posted:

He was in the tent at the time

Uhoh rip cmc

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

kazil posted:

Panthers have to walk away from the redzone without points at least 2 or 3 times a game

lol yup

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Need to let sam keep that. It’s there every time.

Should always be a QB sneak with a kill to a handoff based on how the defensive tackles lineup. If they double up on the center, go to the handoff and run up whichever tackle gap you prefer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is Sam Darnold's team now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

wyoak posted:

Uhoh rip cmc

Hamstring :rip:

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

wyoak posted:

Uhoh rip cmc

Yeah riiiiipped hamstring

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
:rip: Christian McCaffrey

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

camoseven posted:

:rip: Christian McCaffrey

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The NFL app is a steaming pile of dogshit that just cut to commericals mid play

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress. that's probably a season ender.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a million fantasy owners just poo poo their drat pants and a million others are celebrating right now

BlindSite posted:

Why? It's a hamstring pull until we know otherwise

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

gently caress

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

God drat, Derrick

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

That or something that lingers while he plays through it clearly less effective 85% of the time.

Or he comes back in an hour :iiam:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Defector is great. Any idea of the article topics?

yep yep personal essays about bein nearly a pro baseball player (d1 college, set to be drafted then injury), and then transitioning to bean mom later in life and growing into that, while all the bullshit that trans kids are having to deal with now in sports and in life looms large in my thoughts.

I'll also talk about my new efforts to reach out and coach and help this group that I find myself in after all these years while having these high level competitive sports experiences in mind. Going out and finding out directly just how badly women's sports are neglected and in shambles compared to men's sports, trying to find ways to improve this problem.

And the idea that most directly inspired me was sort of a question ive been kicking around in my head for years, as to whether or not my time in sport was wasted or not. I spent a large majority of my childhood teen and college years dedicated to training and practicing for this one goal, and i still didnt make it, and really none of the skills transfer over at all, and i have nagging injuries that will last forever. Would I even recommend to hypothetical children i'd have that they play sports at all? im not totally sure! I kind of wanna find out through writing this! I've begun playing summer baseball again this year after nearly 25 years not playing and it does feel like a missing piece of me has come back, and i really do want to explore what that means to me, and i think it will be interesting for readers to read about, and with all of this comes a strengthening of the resolve to fight for trans kids and their ability to play sports, which is really my goal in writing it all out beyond, hopefully, being an interesting read

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

TNF games are just cursed for the Panthers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1441207537550958594

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

oh no cmc, i hope thats one of the less serious tears of the thingy back there

is that an achilles?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

x2 bonus post

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress sake burns.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also I have not heard a thing about McCaffrey, so I wonder if my stream is like 10 minutes behind or what

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

:flag: :flag: :flag:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Jesus loving Christ guys, enough with the penalties

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Hit to the nuts?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

that was around the thighs how is that going low WTF?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
CMC is too jacked up for his own body.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This games officiating has been adventurous.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

bean mom posted:

yep yep personal essays about bein nearly a pro baseball player (d1 college, set to be drafted then injury), and then transitioning to bean mom later in life and growing into that, while all the bullshit that trans kids are having to deal with now in sports and in life looms large in my thoughts.

I'll also talk about my new efforts to reach out and coach and help this group that I find myself in after all these years while having these high level competitive sports experiences in mind. Going out and finding out directly just how badly women's sports are neglected and in shambles compared to men's sports, trying to find ways to improve this problem.

And the idea that most directly inspired me was sort of a question ive been kicking around in my head for years, as to whether or not my time in sport was wasted or not. I spent a large majority of my childhood teen and college years dedicated to training and practicing for this one goal, and i still didnt make it, and really none of the skills transfer over at all, and i have nagging injuries that will last forever. Would I even recommend to hypothetical children i'd have that they play sports at all? im not totally sure! I kind of wanna find out through writing this! I've begun playing summer baseball again this year after nearly 25 years not playing and it does feel like a missing piece of me has come back, and i really do want to explore what that means to me, and i think it will be interesting for readers to read about, and with all of this comes a strengthening of the resolve to fight for trans kids and their ability to play sports, which is really my goal in writing it all out beyond, hopefully, being an interesting read

Right on. I've never really been open about it on this specific sub forum since I've been on SA a long time and it wasn't always safe to do so, but -- as a trans dude, solidarity ✊🏻

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I have never seen a roughing the passer penalty that actually looked like the passer was roughed. It's always such ticky tacky bullshit

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Thursday Night Football was made for games like Panthers-Texans.

Just checking in now but if there was a situation where a somewhat...possibly decent team loses to a rookie 3rd round QB playing for the Texans it's Thursday Night Football.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

this Texans offense is horrendous. might have a vodka sprite.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Dontae Jackson is a much better tackler than I ever expected him to be

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

bean mom posted:

Wow. I'm going to read the hell out of that.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's probably just a hamstring pull not a tear. At least hopefully. He could be back next week or in two weeks depending on recovery

Or else it's a full tear which is a whole other story

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Jesus enough with the :flag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bean mom posted:

anyone else here read defector ? im talking with tom ley i might have a couple articles get picked up for them to publish in the next couple months :woop:

Oh hey this is really cool, good luck.