Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
7 DAYS, BOOGS

https://i.imgur.com/c1Tjccu.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Owen Hart is going to be Jobbing to my 7' 11'' 700lb highflyer / power house CAW.

If they have any sense, their CAW system will allow you to change the proportions of the existing roster so Owen can BE your 7'11, 700lb supeheavyweight whose finish is a 630 splash.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Owen Hart is going to be Jobbing to my 7' 11'' 700lb highflyer / power house CAW.

My brain parsed the end of this as "Powerhouse CAWBS".

So there's that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, I would use the Powerhouse Hobbs theme for a 7'11" CAW.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
4'11" 700lbs Johnny Hungie is where its at

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Bryan Alvarez learning for the first time what it means to be “a ringer”

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

DO NOT LISTEN TO WOR IF YOU CARE ABOUT SPOILERS

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wezlar posted:

DO NOT LISTEN TO WOR IF YOU CARE ABOUT SPOILERS

observer subscribers should already know better by now

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

observer subscribers should already know better by now

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Bryan is so drat charismatic in this interview

https://youtu.be/ZOagntBD4As

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

1 it’s WOR 2 dave said explicitly if you care about spoilers fast forward, with multiple wrnings, which is by far the nicest he’s ever been about spoilers

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

yea ok posted:

1 it’s WOR 2 dave said explicitly if you care about spoilers fast forward, with multiple wrnings, which is by far the nicest he’s ever been about spoilers

I could be remembering wrong I just remember skipping past the Rampage stuff and him accidentally continuing to spoiler stuff during the Dynamite recap. I don't care about spoilers personally but figured I would get the warning out there before it got people

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
it's a pity their site is run by technical dumbasses or else they could just put timestamp chapters in the podcast files like every other podcast has done since 2004 but w/e, i'm not gonna cry, i'll just turn it off when dave says "here's spoilers" and move on to some WOL baby

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

last week they did a good job of saying OK SPOILERS HERE near the end of the episode and I shut it off at that point and it was fine

can anyone who has listened to the actual pod this week confirm that spoiler chat is ONLY after a warning let me know if they did it thanks

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lone Goat posted:

last week they did a good job of saying OK SPOILERS HERE near the end of the episode and I shut it off at that point and it was fine

can anyone who has listened to the actual pod this week confirm that spoiler chat is ONLY after a warning let me know if they did it thanks

The spoilers start like a third of the way into the episode and they say “fast forward” but to when? Who knows.

Once they really get into the spoilers after the dynamite recap is done they give another warning.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1438595718097211394

rip

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

he was right but for the wrong reason

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
lmao at Bryan counting out the big dog. Just plain foolish.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

lmao

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tato posted:

lmao at Bryan counting out the big dog. Just plain foolish.

Look forward to his tweet or his mention to it on SmackDown tomorrow

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Also, lowkey great moment of the B&V show was Bryan casually accusing granny of being a furry.

Boogs stuff doesn't matter, both of them raving about how Stardom is incredible is the highlight of every episode.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

lmao Bryan not knowing what a ringer was

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Lone Goat posted:

They spoil one minor thing from rampage in the middle of the dynamite review before they go into total spoilers later.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

Timestamps:
Start: Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega thoughts
3:36: Superstar Billy Graham hospitalized
4:33: NXT, Raw ratings, thoughts on new NXT
12:58: Raw notes on three-way main event, Nia Jax, Gran Metalik asks for release
20:15: Upcoming G1 shows
24:17: Rampage spoilers
26:44: Dymamite Grand Slam recap
48:00: More Rampage spoilers
52:58: Miesha Tate out of UFC fight due to COVID, UFC this weekend
55:27: NXT recap

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, during the Dynamite recap Dave suddenly just randomly started talking about Rampage so I just hit ahead a couple of minutes and they seemed to have moved on. Kind of defeats the purpose of providing such clear spoiler warnings and timestamps, but at least I managed to avoid hearing whatever it was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last night's show was so good I am just not posting in the AEW thread until after Rampage because I cannot trust myself.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Listening to the Monday night wars BVC shows. Aside from the hilarious foreshadowing, the weirdest part is hearing them talk about Callis not knowing he'd end up doing main events with AEW a few years later.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

algebra testes posted:

Listening to the Monday night wars BVC shows. Aside from the hilarious foreshadowing, the weirdest part is hearing them talk about Callis not knowing he'd end up doing main events with AEW a few years later.

I'm guessing they didn't think much of him, and they maybe mentioned him in impact or NJPW occasionally?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Two weeks in and Bryan is ready to quit NXT 2.0 and hates his life because while we only care about Steiner and the two Brothers... there is another two hours around that of terrible promos and terrible matches.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
"care" and "we" are doing some Herculean acts of heavy lifting.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wazzu posted:

I'm guessing they didn't think much of him, and they maybe mentioned him in impact or NJPW occasionally?

I figured that you were right and he was just a color guy for New Japan at the time, but looking at it in 2016 he might not have even been that.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Dave confirmed monster by giving Kenta/Yano Negative 1 star.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
too high

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

algebra testes posted:

I figured that you were right and he was just a color guy for New Japan at the time, but looking at it in 2016 he might not have even been that.

I was shocked when I watched All In recently and was reminded that he was a commentator on that show.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Stall_19 posted:

Dave confirmed monster by giving Kenta/Yano Negative 1 star.

Yano is Meltzer’s anti-Tokyo Dome

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Some notes from the 9/20 BTE episode which didn’t have much to it. John Silver was throwing these little milk things you put in coffee at Bear Bronson

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Danielson got his five-star match! :woop:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

Some notes from the 9/20 BTE episode which didn’t have much to it. John Silver was throwing these little milk things you put in coffee at Bear Bronson

Creamers

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MassRafTer posted:

dave I know you’ve seen the cream of the crop promo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Highlights from the R.D. vs. Russo about AEW Dynamite Grand Slam:

-Russo hasn't watched any wrestling since he turned 60 in January (except for WWE Raw, which he is paid to do)
-Russo has no memory of Sting's guard bird
-R.D. Reynolds (a fan of AEW) predicted Russo would hate Omega/Danielson since it lasted 30 minute. Russo didn't hate it, but he doesn't care if they wrestle again. That being said, Russo likes Bryan Danielson as a person based on work outside the ring, but is worried about his health given Danielson's injuries.
-Russo thinks Kenny Omega needs a gimmick to stand out
-R.D. could not stop laughing after every time Russo made a disclaimer, which happened a lot
-Russo thinks everyone in All Elite Wrestling is trying too hard to be cool, unlike *various 90's wrestlers*. R.D. Reynolds pressed him, and Russo declared CM Punk as potentially cool, but also mentions he enjoys Hangman Page's and Britt Baker's characters.
-Russo doesn't understand why anyone cares about Cody Rhodes because he loses too much
-Russo: "[Darby Allin] is not going to be cool to a 60-year old." R.D.: "Let me write that down!"