Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't imagine the expansion is more than $5 when the base is $20

Nintendo is extremely weird and over a decade behind on the whole buffet Netflix system, so who knows. But I doubt it's going to be $60. That's absolutely bugfuck insane and y'all need to reel it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My thought would be they piecemeal out console expansion packs so people can vary their subscriptions based on what they actually want like Cable television. The next one might be Gamecube and, I dunno, Dreamcast for example.

Skies of Arcadia is the only reason I keep my Wii hooked up, so I'd be game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

I can't imagine the expansion is more than $5 when the base is $20

Nintendo is extremely weird and over a decade behind on the whole buffet Netflix system, so who knows. But I doubt it's going to be $60. That's absolutely bugfuck insane and y'all need to reel it in.

"They're adding TWO consoles though! That's five dollars for each one!"

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I’m gonna buy the N64 controller and grow the third hand it was designed for.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Augus posted:

has illumination ever made a good movie
The Despicable Me series is like Cars, the first and third are good and the second is a weird and off-putting attempt at a James Bond movie for kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY94qvnJDdQ

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Come to think of it; something we might well see out of this down the road is a return of the TurbographX games from the Wii Virtual Console.

Kaysette posted:

I'm buying an N64 controller just to see what the proper way to play Sin and Punishment feels like.

(It uses the D-Pad and Stick)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Please give us Ogre Battle 64.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So that N64 controller is gonna be impossible to get right?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Absolutely

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Man I really want one of those, too.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Good snes controller clones are a dime a dozen, a really good wireless N64 controller that maintains its weird shape is still kinda rare. I expect demand to be through the roof

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i'm prepared to spend upwards of $10,000 on a wireless n64 controller

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Augus posted:

I liked Sing.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’d pay a one-time fee for access to the n64 and genesis games but I really can’t justify a recurring fee unless that library is constantly expanding at least every month

Hell I probably wouldn’t play them anyways, I’ve got too many games in the middle of as it is and already don’t play my nes/snes games!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Augus posted:

They make a lot of money

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Bruceski posted:

Skies of Arcadia is the only reason I keep my Wii hooked up, so I'd be game.

For sure, and I'd love to see some MGS Twin Snakes on there too.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land looks beautiful by the way, can't wait for that.

Now when is Capcom finally gonna make a new 3D go at Mega Man. Get equipped with GOTY.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Gonna buy castlevania advance package just to stop myself from completing Hollow Knight. Which is superior in every way.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I needed something to push me over the edge for buying that and, I have to be frank, Dracula X when full on Rondo (Symphony, even) is just there on the PS4, is not it.

Aira is doing a lot of heavy lifting for Circle which is RNG Hell and Harmony which is aggressively ok.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 24, 2021

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Yeah I can't see myself paying any re-occurring money for a handful of roms from the least holding up retro console and a retro console i've bought the "ultimate collection" of like six times now

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I would probably pay 10 bucks for a Blast Corps rom though. Just sell me that, Nintendo!!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll only upgrade to the N64 tier if they add Bomberman 64, Mischief Makers, and can somehow add Chameleon Twist. Everything else I could take or leave

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

n64 owns and i'm excited.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Give me Kirby 64 or give me death!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Commander Keene posted:

Give me Kirby 64 or give me death!

you've chosen death, prepare yourself

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

also,

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Kaysette posted:

will it be a left hand or a right hand or a third type

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Please give us Ogre Battle 64.

Oh my god now I'm gonna be disappointed.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Oh man I forgot these are the particular Castlevanias I forgot to get vaccinated for

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Hungry Computer posted:

:same:
That IR 6button wasn't Japan exclusive. :colbert:

The 8BitDo M30 is a decent alternative.

Better yet, I have this one and it's Literally Perfect:

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
It pisses me off so much that nintendo wont just let me buy these roms- realistically there is like a handful of good ones on every console they offer up, let me just buy them for 5Euros each or whatever and pay 20 a year for internet, and offer an actually good selection like they used to.

Sin and punishment being on there is cool- but it was like one of the first to come to wii virtual console iirc. I just dont understand who benefits from the b/c/d tier games they include.

New kirby game looks great. The Dread trailer almost made me cancel my pre order because it looks insanely bland. I really hope that they have the opportunity to lean in to some of that slimey fusion aesthetic in there somewhere.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Even if I don't buy it (I probably will eventually) I am glad Actraiser Renaissance exists for sweet, sweet remixes of Yuzo Koshiro music.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

jackhunter64 posted:

Better yet, I have this one and it's Literally Perfect:

I have a couple of their saturn ones and they are fantastic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Antonymous posted:

it would not be trivial lmao

it would be more trivial to take a new photo

No it wouldn’t

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

American McGay posted:

People are whining about it being an extra cost (oh no not my $1.63 per month!) but having stuff like Mario Kart 64 and Mario Golf easily available with online multiplayer is pretty cool, assuming it works well which is a pretty big assumption.

Also I had no idea Star Fox even had a multiplayer mode.

I will gladly pay an extra cost for the opportunity to set a new set of unreasonably high expectations. Like, if I don't get a full set of playable 64DD roms by January, what am I even playing an extra 5 dollars a year for?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Please don't make Bayonetta 3 borrow mechanics from Astral Chain. :ohdear: The way she was controlling the summons made me feel like that. But I may have been triggered by Lappy.
Looks extremely Bayonetta otherwise. :)

Kirby looking good, but I fear 3D will mean multiplayer will have been scrapped. :( I love Kirby multiplayer.

Looking at online discourse, it seems the expansion pack is going to be a hard sell for Nintendo.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/bethhascookies/status/1441170878130110471?s=21

This was the best Bi Visibility Day ever

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

It was kinda neat. If you had medals on every stage you unlocked an on foot mode for multiplayer.
There was a kid in our school when this first came out that rented a cartridge with foot mode unlocked, and nobody believed him.

The internet has ruined things like that.

But foot mode in Star Fox 64 multiplayer rules. If everyone agrees to not use the bombs, it's actually pretty well balanced. The on-foot players are weak and slow, but can turn quickly and are quite difficult to hit with the tank or arwing lasers. And because the tank and arwing can only shoot straight ahead, at some point they need to move toward the on-foot player, who can just blast away and try to kill them with chip damage while the arwing/tank tries to get in one or two perfectly aimed shots.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Woke up realizing cranky kong is in the movie, we're gonna have reunion finally, old 8bit feuds settled. Huge lore and timeline considerations. Mayhe the great ape war will come into play!?!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Isn't Cranky Kong the OG Kong? I hope Nintendo doesn't mess up the timeline of the Marioverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Actually pretty stoked I’ll get to play Disco Elysium soon. Still dunno if I want it physically or digitally however. Also also, triangle strategy looks so good. I’m really looking forward to it.