Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

darkwasthenight posted:

- anti-vaxxer
- not dead yet

With any luck one of these two will resolve the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Joe Bogan posted:

With any luck one of these two will resolve the other.

Nah, he got the vaccine. He just couldn't play guitar for a while which made him hissyfit.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Clapton has been saying he has a condition that keeps him from playing guitar since at least 2016. He's just shifted back to form after being a quiet rear end in a top hat for a couple decades.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
-responsible for death of own child

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

-wrote a lovely song about it

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
What's the difference between a bag of cocaine and a toddler?

Eric Clapton would never let a bag of cocaine fall off the balcony.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Shiroc posted:

Clapton has been saying he has a condition that keeps him from playing guitar since at least 2016. He's just shifted back to form after being a quiet rear end in a top hat for a couple decades.

Absolutely can't have anything to do with being in your seventies, after decades of coke/alcohol-abuse. No siree.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

alternate:

What's the difference between a bag of cocaine and a dead baby?

Cocaine didn't win Eric Clapton three grammys

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Clapton is garbage but the kid was living with his mother and he really didn't have anything to do with it. Tears In Heaven is lovely but sincere schmaltz.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Shiroc posted:

Tears In Heaven is lovely

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Clapton's gotta stop

https://twitter.com/whatatimepod/status/1433516753250836496

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

clapton needs to shut up and go back to building that giant robot that fits inside his rear end

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
So, this gets posted on 8-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLP4-5lIhQ

These could be picked up for under $40 any day of the week before that. Right now there is one on Shop Goodwill for $181 with about 3 hours left.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/130139939

People are real dumb

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Noted child abuser Josh Hommy

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Chrpno posted:

Noted child abuser Josh Hommy

Weeell.. not sure what's up or down with that whole affair. His ex-wife tried to get a restraining-order against him on behalf of the two youngest kids. But the judge didn't agree. And the ex already has an R.O. against Homme but has been showing up to places he's at to get him in trouble.

Pondex fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 23, 2021

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

He's got to be taking the piss here. "Just like, instant Kinks," lmao.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The Kinks sound was famously a torn guitar speaker, so sounding kinda lovely is part of it. I can get why a cheap amp could do sounds a 'nicer' one couldn't. Guitarists get hung up about pricey gear but its all just clipping baby.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
There's something interesting about tiny speaker practice amps pushed to 10. Not a sound you'd use often but I can get why you'd keep one around the studio.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Josh Homme also used to talk about the secret to some sound was a small gorilla amp.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Reminds me of how one of the biggest little things about the heartwork tone was a marshall practice amp blended in

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Good and bad sounds don't exist, only sounds you like and sounds you don't like. And as mentioned, it's all EQ, compression and clipping. Barring effects, that's all an amp can do to sound.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like some woke commie bullshit to me.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Turbinosamente posted:

Also that's a lot of reverse flying Vs in one place.
Did Gibson require them to put four of those in inventory? That's my theory.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i'll take a reverse flying v off their hands if they have too many

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Sounds like some woke commie bullshit to me.

So that person is on the right track.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
Newegg-style graphics card bundles, only you're being forced to buy a reverse V or Firebird X with the amp you really wanted.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I wasn't necessarily making GBS threads on the reverse v, hell I'd at least try one, it's just I've never seen one in real life.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

So that person is on the right track.
I don't actually disagree. I saw their av and thought it would be funny to say.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

muike posted:

-responsible for death of own child

Clapton wasn't even around and had nothing to do with it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

I don't actually disagree. I saw their av and thought it would be funny to say.

I thought it was a funny thing to say too.

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

I know Clapton's racist screed resurfaces from time to time, but it kind of surprises me how seldom it's mentioned that he freely admitted to repeatedly raping one his wives. I think there comes a point where the limit to the kinds of bad behaviors substance abuse excuses is exceeded and someone is just a monster in their own right.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I thought it was a funny thing to say too.
Copy. Just making sure no one thought I was serious.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

kidfresca posted:

I know Clapton's racist screed resurfaces from time to time, but it kind of surprises me how seldom it's mentioned that he freely admitted to repeatedly raping one his wives. I think there comes a point where the limit to the kinds of bad behaviors substance abuse excuses is exceeded and someone is just a monster in their own right.

What the gently caress. What a shitbird.

https://apnews.com/article/314a3a689dd3e15ebbc8d567dfadb06f

e: And this quote about his drinking:
"You know, I know I touch people with music ... But there’s nothing quite like what happens between one alcoholic and another _ that’s somehow a deeper thing"

Pondex fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 25, 2021

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pondex posted:

What the gently caress. What a shitbird.

https://apnews.com/article/314a3a689dd3e15ebbc8d567dfadb06f

e: And this quote about his drinking:
"You know, I know I touch people with music ... But there’s nothing quite like what happens between one alcoholic and another _ that’s somehow a deeper thing"

This Zappa quote, but with alcoholism at the end:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

sigher posted:

Clapton wasn't even around and had nothing to do with it.

He opened the window and threw him out, I saw it happen.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Connor Clapton committed suicide because his father sucks

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Man, just need to find out Jack Bruce was a serial killer or something to completely ruin Cream.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Only tangentially related but the first time I heard that Phoebe Bridgers song that goes "we hate Tears in Heaven/but it's sad that his baby died" I started laughing and couldn't stop, which made me look crazy because I was listening on earbuds and was in a public place. I have always thought that song was utter garbage and for some reason having that line pop up in the middle of this sweet song about being in love just caught me completely off guard.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
loving Stupid Music poo poo of the Cosmic Ray Serene Edition:

Ok bear with me:
Putting two seven-string guitars together to make a 14 string guitar is cool. I like it. Real forward-thinking features like headless neck, extended range, fanned frets, I totally dig it. I can't do anything with it, but I wish I could.

Painting a traditional color, of course, why not, whatever you like! Relic it maximally. Hard nope. Just no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
I like that there's just enough of the string sticking out the end so you can more efficiently stab anyone that gets too close, or happens to reach over it when it's in a stand or rack.