Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I always imagined James Bond gets paid in an untraceable expense account that he uses to pay for travel, hotels, martinis, guns, and suits. He doesn't seem to have a life other than the "mission".

e: oh yeah snipe/tax:

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

the sex ghost posted:

There will be adequate petrol

What if I want premium

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Just Another Lurker posted:

According to the FT: Boris Johnson orders rapid fix to UK shortage of truck drivers https://www.ft.com/content/8335166f-9019-471b-9cbf-d7554c3b40b2

That lad does NOT like bad publicity at ALL and yet he talked about Kermit the Fog in a speech at the United Nations. :downsbravo:

How many E.U. HGV drivers are desperate enough to return to this mad house i do no know.

I posted about it in cspam but they're proposing adding them to the seasonal agricultural worker scheme, literally the most poo poo-tier type of work visa there is.

Seems more like a media stunt than anything, can't imagine people jumping on that poo poo.

It might work for food workers though, particularly non-euro ones, but it will be insanely more exploitative than it was eith freedom of movement.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Noxville posted:

From what I understand it's only (currently) BP stations with a fuel shortage, the queues are all idiots panic buying? Pain for my wife because she needs to fill up ready to drive down to Enfield this evening.

Seems to be the case from what I’ve seen. My work has a lot of vans queuing for fuel saying people in front of them are often only putting in £4-5 of fuel. In a lot of instances the only stuff left are the premium superfuels, and fleet is going to pitch a fit if everyone starts filling with that.

Luckily I filled my van up yesterday and my car has over half a tank left, so I should be able to cope until this settles down.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Noxville posted:

From what I understand it's only (currently) BP stations with a fuel shortage, the queues are all idiots panic buying? Pain for my wife because she needs to fill up ready to drive down to Enfield this evening.
Its pretty much all of them, but yeah people are panicking. The Shell garage close to me had queues blocking the road earlier. I'd probably phone around and find out if anyone has anything.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Bond steals a thousand times more money from all the bad guys he's killed than he gets from MI5

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1433823974929145861?s=19

My no agenda ad is raising questions already etc etc

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I have had issues getting premium strength guzzoline the last few times I filled up

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Private Speech posted:

I posted about it in cspam but they're proposing adding them to the seasonal agricultural worker scheme, literally the most poo poo-tier type of work visa there is.

Seems more like a media stunt than anything, can't imagine people jumping on that poo poo.

I think you definitely hit the nail on the head there, Boris is all about the 'gesture', one can assume that they shall be arriving via the N.I. to Scotland tunnel/bridge in due course.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Noxville posted:

It was BP stations in Kent.

This is entirely the result of the news just making poo poo up.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jakabite posted:

I’d recommend combining the three. I had strong reticence about it at first from the same reactive guilt gland but then I started having a couple of pints and half a spliff at lunch time and that all melted away.

hahaha the temptation to be high and/or pissed all day is always there but I'm trying to keep the weed to the evenings and the booze to the weekends (not even the latter at the moment cos I'm a fat gently caress right now and trying to shift a few stone)

Which again is probably the guilt gland saying "you're not an addict so long as you keep it over the yardarm :ssh:"

That said, couldn't imagine it while working. Talking to strangers over the phone while high (in this current job, I mean) - gently caress no. And when I drink I just immediately lose interest in work of any kind whatsoever and just wanna get smashed and listen to music

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Hardly a scientific sample but I went past three petrol stations today (Texaco, BP, Tesco) and all were just straight-up closed, which suggests to me they were running pretty low on stock even before everyone panicked.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hardly a scientific sample but I went past three petrol stations today (Texaco, BP, Tesco) and all were just straight-up closed, which suggests to me they were running pretty low on stock even before everyone panicked.

It's just occurred to me that the Texaco station often has police cars and ambulances filling up there (it's the nearest petrol station to two cop shops and the London Hospital) - I don't know if they have their own independent reserves (I seriously doubt it because EFFICIENCY) but poo poo might get ugly quickly.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jakabite posted:

Never feel guilty for shirking your work as long as it doesn’t affect your fellow workers.

Extremely this. I'll always work late if my colleagues are in a tight spot and need helping out but if I do 4 hours of actual work in an 8 hour day, I'm entirely guilt-free about it at this point. I work for a wealth management firm, so our clients can easily afford it, so :shrug:

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Wasn't a drop of fuel to be had in my local Shropshire market town this afternoon.

Talking of which, I'm in-person trading tomorrow at the Market Drayton 'Ginger and Spice' festival. There's going to be all sorts of artisinal foods, live music and various other attractions throughout the day- drop on by if you're in the area! I'll be set up on Cheshire Street- drop a goony shibboleth to get special deals. :)

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Theres plenty of fuel, just no drivers to get it to the pumps.

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1441448110069256196

This however makes me feel better. Useless prick.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
++ Humiliation for Starmer egg ++

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Theres plenty of fuel, just no drivers to get it to the pumps.

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1441448110069256196

This however makes me feel better. Useless prick.

++ Humiliation for loser Starmer

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Good fortunes! We should all be so lucky to find someone who looks at us like that lass is at them there dumplings

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
"bollocked"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Saw Grimes was trending on twitter and wondered either what Darren had been up to or that guy* that was supporting the Corbsta ... oh dear. Apparently there's a woman called Grimes.

*who I've literally just remembered was called Stormzy not Grimes

:corsair: :corsair: :boom: :chanpop:

Definitely down wiv da kidz, me, eh!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I wonder if Nadine Dorries will congratulate Ash Sarkar on those dumplings.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Saw Grimes was trending on twitter and wondered either what Darren had been up to or that guy* that was supporting the Corbsta ... oh dear. Apparently there's a woman called Grimes.

*who I've literally just remembered was called Stormzy not Grimes

:corsair: :corsair: :boom: :chanpop:

Definitely down wiv da kidz, me, eh!

I knew she could only be trending for one thing, most inevitable divorce of all time.

The mind boggles at how insufferable Elon will be if he channels all that Divorced Dad energy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe he'll marry Bezos.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

Maybe he'll marry Bezos.

Even the Bezos supermansion isn't big enough to contain both their egos

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Well, the supermarket nearest me had closed its petrol station but the BP garage was still open and in fact a tanker had just rocked up. It probably helps that it's in an utterly stupid (and frankly dangerous) location literally on a roundabout so if there's no space you're basically hosed and have to go off and around again, with the result that it's impossible to queue at it and impractical for anyone that doesn't live near by.

Supermarket itself didn't seem to have shortages of anything though, and I'm not sure why "supermarket shortages bite!" Is being illustrated with a picture of the bottled water aisle on the grauniad right now.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I quite like Grimes as a musician, but I know nothing about her beyond marrying Musk. And now I don't even need to know that!

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1441462578170011648
GMB in "actually saying something not poo poo" shocker.

Why you would back the Labour Right and complain they aren't helping workers is beyond me though.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Costco in Liverpool have put the price of unleaded up by 4 bastarding pence because people have been queueing round the block all day. I'm doing all the exasperated red-faced dad noises rn

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's funny that Keith is even trying this.
I wonder if he just assumes that no-one else has any principles either.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

++ Humiliation for Starmer egg ++

:golfclap:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Well, the supermarket nearest me had closed its petrol station but the BP garage was still open and in fact a tanker had just rocked up. It probably helps that it's in an utterly stupid (and frankly dangerous) location literally on a roundabout so if there's no space you're basically hosed and have to go off and around again, with the result that it's impossible to queue at it and impractical for anyone that doesn't live near by.

Supermarket itself didn't seem to have shortages of anything though, and I'm not sure why "supermarket shortages bite!" Is being illustrated with a picture of the bottled water aisle on the grauniad right now.

Home Bargains near me has had 3 near-empty chest freezers for over a week now might even be 2 weeks but I was away last week for a while. No nescafe classic(I know, :guillotine: but it was only £2.99 for 230g with Italian labelling - none in Waitrose or Iceland either), looking sparse on the dairy products front too except for fresh milk.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

I knew she could only be trending for one thing, most inevitable divorce of all time.

The mind boggles at how insufferable Elon will be if he channels all that Divorced Dad energy

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1441417669610119169

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Failed Imagineer posted:

It could charge up a dozen teslas an hour.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

It could charge upignite a dozen teslas an hour.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1441462578170011648
GMB in "actually saying something not poo poo" shocker.

Why you would back the Labour Right and complain they aren't helping workers is beyond me though.

There were a *lot* of very angry emails going from members and branch staff to leadership over this over the last week, not sure if they actually had an effect or not.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Epic.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Holding my Pickle Rick plushie, crying and w00ting softly to myself

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Even the Blairites in my CLP, who decided an official meeting was the right time to get into an argument with my MP, couldn't muster a defense of switching to the electoral college system or David Evans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Might actually be able to afford a new graphics card in the near future then.