Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Miyamoto's been working on this movie and the amusement park...I wonder if he ever works on games anymore.

Come to think of it I wonder what a post Miyamoto Nintendo looks like

we've been living in the "post-Nintendo" you're speaking of since the death of Iwata and departure of Reggie---company has felt like it shifted in terms of presentations and figureheads with those two gone + the way Covid impacted their work. Yoshiaki Koizumi for all intents and purposes has been the "face" of the company/Mario stuff for a while due to director/producer stuff on Galaxy and Odyssey plus the Directs. The current president with a terrible haircut has had virtually no presence publicly like Iwata or Miyamato had/has.

imo Koizumi, Monolith, and the Splatoon guys are probably largely symbolic of the direction Nintendo is going, which isn't a bad thing given the weird and unique stuff they've come up with. Miyamoto's last major director capacity was for Star Fox Zero so it's probably for the best that he hasn't had a large presence as of late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Miyamoto gave Mario a loving gun.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Ubisoft put the gun in his hands; Miyamoto gave the thumbs up for Mario to commit genocide though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Aria is significantly better than SotN by virtue of having an actual endgame.

The endgame is called finishing the game

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Watch them only use Charles Martinet to voice Wario in the secret scene after the credits.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm a touch concerned that the OoT version will not let you map stuff like the Iron Boots like you could in the 3DS version.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DLC Inc posted:

Ubisoft put the gun in his hands; Miyamoto gave the thumbs up for Mario to commit genocide though

He greenlit Mario 35?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The emulators on Switch Online are way better than the versions they had on Wii, WiiU, and 3DS in terms of sound, color, accuracy, and features(mostly, WiiU had button remapping which Switch doesn't but switch has rewind and better save state management and online play). I don't think they are derived from them, I'm pretty sure they're a new branch. I think they are the same as the NES/SNES mini, with some tweaks.

I wonder if they will improve framerates at all or go full accuracy on the N64 games. You would assume the latter but with some N64 games on previous systems they went ahead and put them at a locked higher framerate, such as Donkey Kong 64.

Since multiplayer is a big feature on these I hope they include special save state versions like on the NES and SNES app that already have all the multiplayer poo poo unlocked. A lot of N64 games like Star Fox or Bomberman you have to unlock stuff in the multiplayer through single player.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I wonder if they will improve framerates at all or go full accuracy on the N64 games.

If Nintendo cared about framerates Stunt Race FX and StarFox wouldn't run as badly as they do.

All about that accuracy (and that means a trash rear end draw distance for objects in DK64, like it's always had).

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Postman posted:

Anybody familiar with WinBack? Really sticks out like a sore thumb between all of the other games in the initial lineup.

“We have Metal Gear at home”

Weedle
May 31, 2006

here's an n64 game i would like to play: battletanx

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I want Rocket: Robot on Wheels

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Blast Corps is a really good n64 game

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Postman posted:

I want Rocket: Robot on Wheels

It is a toss up between this and Beetle Adventure Racing for the game I want most that I probably won't get.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

The emulators on Switch Online are way better than the versions they had on Wii, WiiU, and 3DS in terms of sound, color, accuracy, and features(mostly, WiiU had button remapping which Switch doesn't but switch has rewind and better save state management and online play). I don't think they are derived from them, I'm pretty sure they're a new branch. I think they are the same as the NES/SNES mini, with some tweaks.

I wonder if they will improve framerates at all or go full accuracy on the N64 games. You would assume the latter but with some N64 games on previous systems they went ahead and put them at a locked higher framerate, such as Donkey Kong 64.

Since multiplayer is a big feature on these I hope they include special save state versions like on the NES and SNES app that already have all the multiplayer poo poo unlocked. A lot of N64 games like Star Fox or Bomberman you have to unlock stuff in the multiplayer through single player.

Scuttlebutt is M2 is working on it (at least the Genesis side), as the rights to MUSHA are held by them and that's one of the initial launch titles for that half of the service. Here's hoping they're also involved with the N64 side.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Inzombiac posted:

I'm a touch concerned that the OoT version will not let you map stuff like the Iron Boots like you could in the 3DS version.
It's the N64 version. Hth

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Weedle posted:

here's an n64 game i would like to play: battletanx
Battletanx 2 with 4 player online multi would be incredible, and that's why it will never happen.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tried out Actraiser on PC and the art style is growing on me. It feels like a PS1 remake of the game in HD kinda. It just kicks rear end this game is back.

I want to get it on Switch but the Digital Foundry guy says there’s issues in that version so I guess I’ll wait to see what updates can do.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so, its only some pal games that are 50hz, for the language options like i suspected.

https://twitter.com/LuigiBlood/status/1441396625704849417

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo should put Snowboard Kids on the N64 service

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Switch supports system level button remapping at least

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

so, its only some pal games that are 50hz, for the language options like i suspected.

looks more like pal default unless the games going to have multiplayer...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mega64 posted:

Mario + Gun = the best game on the Switch

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Now that we can stop asking for bayoneta 3 i can now begin asking for Astral Chain 2.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I hope Nintendo has something additional planned for this new tier of online service, though I can't think of what. These old games they're adding aren't all that much considering they've mostly stopped adding to the NES & SNES sets. It feels like what they should be doing just to continue the current online service, not something big enough to add a higher pricing tier for.

I'm not sure if I need copies of those N64 games yet again, since I've already bought enhanced ports/remasters of like half of them on the past four Nintendo console/handheld generations. (which are trapped on those old systems now) The Sega stuff is even stranger, since I think every announced game except one (Musha) is already available in the SEGA Genesis Classics collection on Switch that goes on sale cheap all the time, and has a lot more games in it.

An official Nintendo-quality bluetooth N64 controller, though... I may be interested in one of those.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They shoulda added GB/GBA

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The controllers should come with a code for NSO.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Virtual boy virtual console or bust

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They shoulda added GB/GBA
Yeah. N64 is sick and multi should be fun, but I have way more nostalgia for classic Gameboy titles.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Robot Hobo posted:

I hope Nintendo has something additional planned for this new tier of online service, though I can't think of what. These old games they're adding aren't all that much considering they've mostly stopped adding to the NES & SNES sets. It feels like what they should be doing just to continue the current online service, not something big enough to add a higher pricing tier for.

I'm not sure if I need copies of those N64 games yet again, since I've already bought enhanced ports/remasters of like half of them on the past four Nintendo console/handheld generations. (which are trapped on those old systems now) The Sega stuff is even stranger, since I think every announced game except one (Musha) is already available in the SEGA Genesis Classics collection on Switch that goes on sale cheap all the time, and has a lot more games in it.

An official Nintendo-quality bluetooth N64 controller, though... I may be interested in one of those.

then simply dont pay for them. dont need to writie a manifesto about every thing you are not interested in and frankly i would demand you dont in the future.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wouldn’t want people talking about Nintendo in the Nintendo thread

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

agreed, lets talk about the sega genesis instead

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Augus posted:

agreed, lets talk about the sega genesis instead

Sega had the best handheld, the game gear

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I wonder how painful its going to be to get four of those N64 controllers.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wouldn’t want people talking about Nintendo in the Nintendo thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFa8jQF4MC4

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

dr.acula posted:

I wonder how painful its going to be to get four of those N64 controllers.

How hard is it to get the snes ones now? I'm sure they will instantly sell out but be available easily eventually.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This isn’t Nintendo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vikar Jerome posted:

It’s pretty easy to just download the American or Japanese apps with extra accounts. I have the Japanese Famicom and Super Famicom apps along with NES/SNES. You don’t need to pay for another Switch Online account too.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Barreft posted:

They HAVE to get Devito in this somehow to voice someone

Watch him be Wario

That casting announcement reads like a shitpost, but it’s real

Charlie Day as Luigi :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The second Goemon game on N64, Goemon’s Great Adventure rocked.

I know it is probably out of the scope of the Switch N64 emulator but it’d be cool if it could black out other player’s screens online in things like Mario Kart 64’s battle mode.