Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm pretty sure I watched King of the Ring 1998 and I honestly can't remember a thing about it

E: OK, that was when Mick Foley got thrown off the top of the HiaC cage. For some reason I thought that happened on a different show. :shrug:

Thrown off the cell, then right back out to interfere in the following match. What a trooper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm pretty sure I watched King of the Ring 1998 and I honestly can't remember a thing about it

E: OK, that was when Mick Foley got thrown off the top of the HiaC cage. For some reason I thought that happened on a different show. :shrug:

That's okay, it's kind of a one-match show and that's the match. All due apologies to the Outlaws versus BoDACious Bart and BomBAStic Bob as the New Midnight Express of course.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't believe Rating Company Meltzer hasn't given WWE a single 5-star in the month since he gave WWE a five star match

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

My favorite NFL team is the Carolina Panthers. That doesn’t mean I want our rival the Falcons to go out of business. I don’t get these people at all. I don’t even get online to poo poo talk or hate view poo poo I don’t like I just…don’t engage with it, the western world is obsessed with being upset.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Endless Mike posted:

Can't believe Rating Company Meltzer hasn't given WWE a single 5-star in the month since he gave WWE a five star match

…did Dave give any of the Michaels Mania matches 5? I just remember the vicious debates you saw (less so now) about the Undertaker match getting 4.75 and having watched the thing after seeing those arguments he was being generous.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Eat My Fuc posted:

My favorite NFL team is the Carolina Panthers. That doesn’t mean I want our rival the Falcons to go out of business. I don’t get these people at all.
I don't think that's the right analogy. Like, imagine if the nfl was in decline for several years, and many fans were clamoring for changes, but they went ignored because the nfl stubbornly believes their way is the way football is meant to be played. Then suddenly a new league rises up because they're implementing these new changes to the game of football that are meant to appeal to a fresher, younger demographic. The fans that have completely bought in to the nfl's company line, that football the way it has been is the only football, thoroughly reject the notion of such changes like a transplanted organ and their fandom becomes threatened in that there's now a chance that football in the only way they've ever consumed dies with them.

IceAgeComing posted:

…did Dave give any of the Michaels Mania matches 5? I just remember the vicious debates you saw (less so now) about the Undertaker match getting 4.75 and having watched the thing after seeing those arguments he was being generous.
that was a real different time. we actually locked the wrestlemania thread for hbk's "retirement" match while it was happening!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IceAgeComing posted:

Shawn vs. Razor at WM 10, yeah.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

My favorite NFL team is the Carolina Panthers. That doesn’t mean I want our rival the Falcons to go out of business. I don’t get these people at all. I don’t even get online to poo poo talk or hate view poo poo I don’t like I just…don’t engage with it, the western world is obsessed with being upset.

idk if I dislike the falcons or the saints more, boy I sure do hate the saints too tho

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
(WWE somehow completely changes their entire philosophy, hires Omega, retains Danielson and puts them on TV for half an hour in a five star match)

The Internet: I hate this, it sucks.

https://twitter.com/TheDannyCage/status/1441455263995756544

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

idk if I dislike the falcons or the saints more, boy I sure do hate the saints too tho

Howabout them 3-0 Cats though!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

[The Cincinnati Bengals
They can't be beat
Watching them do it
Can't be beat
Watching football in your seat
The Cincinnati Bengals can't be beat]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

More than i hate the falcons and the saints, i hate the lovely awful turf in houston texas

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

love it, rip jaycee's foot and cmacs hammy ;-; cmac will be back at least and maybe matt rhule will stop running him into the ground but WHATEVER NFC SOUTH #1 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I don't want my NFL rivals to go out of business but I do want them to be absolutely terrible gutter trash that goes 0-17 every year and is an after thought to everyone except their most die hard fans

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
also treating the wwf like a local sports team is dumb as gently caress.

edit: aew too for clarity.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 24, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tweak posted:

I don't want my NFL rivals to go out of business but I do want them to be absolutely terrible gutter trash that goes 0-17 every year and is an after thought to everyone except their most die hard fans

You're right - gently caress the Falcons. Go Saints

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It was a cool couple of months when the Wilpons were in deep financial peril and almost had to sell the Mets because of their involvement with Bernie Madoff. They are rich so nothing bad happened to them but what I am saying is it would be very funny for a modern major American sports team to go bankrupt.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
you mean the Houston Rockets?

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
AEW = NFL

The factions are the teams.

You wouldn't root for The Wingmen to go out of business.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
As I say this the Bills are going broke, which is fitting the Bills are a funny organization.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Dr. Baker posted:

AEW = NFL

The factions are the teams.

You wouldn't root for The Wingmen to go out of business.
In fact, as a baseball fan I am rooting for the Yankees to go out of business as every other fan in the MLB that isn't a Yankees fan should

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1441517428517720071

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tampa Bae posted:

In fact, as a baseball fan I am rooting for the Yankees to go out of business as every other fan in the MLB that isn't a Yankees fan should

I am not a baseball fan, but my closest friend is, and I can confirm this sentiment. He also wouldn't lose any sleep if the Mets went either.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

gently caress the Yankees :wrongcity:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gumball Gumption posted:

gently caress the Yankees :wrongcity:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Gritty should join Team Taz

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hahahahhahahahahah

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Then they must HATE Raw and Smackdown!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the next line deserves a place with the others. it's a trifecta

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
going to dunk on this article in forbes one line at a time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the next line deserves a place with the others. it's a trifecta

dear

sweet

gently caress

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

it gets dumber and dumber as it zooms out, amazing

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
vince mcmahon googling CAN YOU COPYRIGHT KICKING PEOPLE??

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Go RV! posted:

it gets dumber and dumber as it zooms out, amazing

the next line:

Both wrestlers wore boots - also worn by every known sex pest in the business. Curious

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bryan danielson then paid tribute to a child murderer. you have to wonder if this is the type of chicanery that will take place on a regular basis without the steady guiding hand of vince mcmahon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

Both wrestlers wore boots - also worn by every known sex pest in the business

Not Riddle :eng101:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

karmicknight posted:

going to dunk on this article in forbes one line at a time.

That Alfred guy at it again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

vince mcmahon googling CAN YOU COPYRIGHT KICKING PEOPLE??

I would almost bet Vince tried to copyright the DDT at one point. "Well, goddamn, they're trademark moves for a reason, pal."