Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pretty lax about topics yeah, btw where the vtuber thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GorfZaplen posted:

.jpg please come back

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Julias posted:

You can either discuss it in the seasonal thread (the new one should be up this weekend), or even just make a thread to discuss the show/manga with other ADTRW posters. This subforum is pretty lax about new thread topics, so feel free to go wild.

nice try but not falling for that :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1pUwuF3zS8

Check out Amelia Beeson's bee karaoke stream

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 24, 2021

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jerkface posted:

I heard the blue period anime is kinda lame, is there a thread for discussing it? Apparently pretty uninspired as an adaptation goes with some stiff scenes. Would be crushed if that were the case as the manga is awesome.

But it hasn't even aired yet, how could people know

e: oh I see, it started today lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

homeless snail posted:

pretty lax about topics yeah, btw where the vtuber thread

If you have to ask where the vtuber thread is, you can't post in the vtuber thread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm caught up on the Iruma manga now. Ftw.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hail satan

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm caught up on the irrumatio manga now. Ftw.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hockey anime when?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Next month, don't think we know anything past "October" and "also a mobile game."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is Japanese high school hockey full contact?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

there's actually going to be an uncle's beach house on granbelm this week so i'm curious how that will go

what

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hosed up that there's another sarasa now

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
It's an anime & manga podcast by the folks who do Abnormal Mapping & Great Gundam Project. They ended up liking Granbelm a lot, though I haven't listened to the episode for their particular thoughts

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arc Hammer posted:

Is Japanese high school hockey full contact?

Anecdotally, I don't know if it's supposed to be but yes, body checks happen with basically the same idea of a clean hit. As amusing as it would be, not as much fighting as you see here but that might be a boys vs girls thing.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Terry van Feleday posted:

It's an anime & manga podcast by the folks who do Abnormal Mapping & Great Gundam Project. They ended up liking Granbelm a lot, though I haven't listened to the episode for their particular thoughts

well i was more confused because i didn't remember a beach house episode

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

beach house is the name of the podcast

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh no

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
KyoAni had no reason to go as hard on Kobayashi's Dragon Maid as they did. poo poo's gorgeous.

I started watching it in Spanish and this is now the official Dub choice of champions.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

talk about a hockey anime makes me wish spinorama would get an official tl or a group would pick it up again. Craving it even more so with Golden Kamuy coming to an end.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2N-9EmedA

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Looks like poo poo!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
it looks fine I guess, I just don't know why I'd want to watch it over the original

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Looks way too goofy.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I hope it gets a japanese dub

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BoldFace posted:

Looks way too goofy.

I cannot imagine thinking this about an adaptation of Cowboy Bebop

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Vicious looks stupid as hell as well

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

He probably doesn't even have a Leiji Matsumoto-rear end bird anymore!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i refuse to look at the cowboy bebop

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There have been so many bad attempts lately that I'm starting to become convinced that 2D to 3D is always a mistake now.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

There have been so many bad attempts lately that I'm starting to become convinced that 2D to 3D is always a mistake now.

3D has always been a mistake.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

This has always been the case

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm mostly wondering who is the apparent audience they believe exists who wouldn't touch Cowboy Bebop as an anime, but are totally down for it with real people.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

amen. never 3d

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Droyer posted:

This has always been the case

Y'know what? Yeah I'm fully convinced now!

I heard that the Part 4 JoJo was alright but aside from that, Speed Racer being great and some of the Marvel movies being a rewatchable 7/10 I've got nothing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm mostly wondering who is the apparent audience they believe exists who wouldn't touch Cowboy Bebop as an anime, but are totally down for it with real people.

it isn't this at all, they're just grasping at IP

i'm sure there are plenty of people not so precious about Bebop that they'll enjoy it (assuming it actually does lack merit) and also it's netflix so they aren't even beholden to making successful shows/movies

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stairmaster posted:

i refuse to look at the cowboy bebop

Same. I dread watching any American adaptation of a Japanese IP, because they're consistently really bad and often miss the point.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

whats the point of closely copying the original that just makes clear how much worse it looks

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
lmao, they're doing Mad Pierrot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Crazy Sea Monkey lady was there too. Didn't see Ed, the trucker lady, or Cowboy Andy go past, so that's all my favorite eps out.