Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

interpunct posted:

The first Taylor's Version single released ahead of the upcoming Red re-recoding is... Wildest Dreams?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpLIb7T2tOE

:thunkher:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Apparently there’s a viral trend on tiktok that involves the song, so presumably she’s releasing this now so the old version doesn’t get streamed

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The song’s been done since before summer because it was in that Spirit movie so the “releasing it because the song is trending” thing checks out. I’m sure all of the TilTok Swifties will make sure to push that new version.

Also Montero is great, That’s What I Want is another killer single and video, all the guests on the album do a great job (even Sir Elton who I think just tickles the ivories). Lil Nas X continues his trend of being a singular figure in pop and now I hope this song beats CLB so bad Drake either retires or decides the next trend he’s gonna chase is kissing boys

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DC Murderverse posted:

Drake either retires or decides the next trend he’s gonna chase is kissing boys

Drake is both a lesbian and gay??? :thunkher:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Rarity posted:

Drake is both a lesbian and gay??? :thunkher:

He saw that Nicki just one day decided she wasn’t bi anymore and said “wait but does that work the other way?”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/livsthinker/status/1439383204205563904?s=19
https://twitter.com/brutaIstep/status/1439379935131545602?s=19
https://twitter.com/hqrodrigo/status/1439402580074016768?s=19

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I still think it’s funny how different her image has become between Driver’s License and now. Back then I sort of thought she was gonna be a very typical post-Lorde pop musician and now she’s doing some Karen O/golden age Gwen Stefani full on rock star poo poo

I hope her entire next album sounds like Jealousy Jealousy and Brutal

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Love seeing that giant rear end crowd singing with not a mask in sight.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

The student posted:

The master posted:

If the giant rear end crowd was all wearing masks, could you see them sing?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I hope she expands the psychedelia streak that was on Deja Vu

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope she gets over her breakup

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

I hope she gets over her breakup

She can either then get into another relationship and write a break up album that could be as good, or worse get happy like Lorde and produce a much worse album than her previous work. (lordes first two Albums are much better that OR but still).

Taylor remains alone in being able to write a lot of songs about break ups but grow into an artist that keeps getting better.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

LionArcher posted:

She can either then get into another relationship and write a break up album that could be as good, or worse get happy like Lorde and produce a much worse album than her previous work. (lordes first two Albums are much better that OR but still).

Solar Power is actually really good hth.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

LionArcher posted:

Taylor remains alone in being able to write a lot of songs about break ups but grow into an artist that keeps getting better.

Reminder that Right Where You Left Me slaps

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

BigFactory posted:

Solar power is a good album that’s not nearly as good as either of her other works,
. Mood ring is the best song on it.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

LionArcher posted:

Just the exact opposite sentiment here. :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BigFactory posted:

Good at being boring I agree

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

BigFactory posted:

It's boring as gently caress.

LionArcher posted:

I think her albums got some decent songs. But you cannot pull that level of teenage angst again without Turing yourself into a joke of an artist.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gaius Marius posted:

It's boring as gently caress.

I think her albums got some decent songs. But you cannot pull that level of teenage angst again without Turing yourself into a joke of an artist.

You can wring a tonne of angst about early adulthood. The Streets and The National both made classics out if it (A Grand Don't Come For Free and Boxer). Lorde will adapt.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Anyone watching Billie on this Life Is Beautiful livestream?

https://twitch.tv/lifeisbeautiful

This crowd can get really loud! Haha

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Good at being boring I agree

It’s melancholy and quite nice. Give it another listen.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/carlyraejepsen/status/1440010437911793670?s=21

The lesson: always be kind to the waitstaff, you never know when one of them might be Carly Rae Jepsen

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

BigFactory posted:

It’s melancholy
it is?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

It absolutely is. The title track isn’t but that’s about it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

When you can't sleep, you take melatonin. When melatonin can't sleep, it takes Solar Power.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Here's a question: Is Justin Bieber as boring, more boring, or less boring, than Lionel Richie was?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Lionel Richie started cool, then got boring, then got kinda cool and then had a very interesting child

Bieber started off boring, then got interesting for a little while and has settled into a comfortable existence hanging around enough cool people that he’s interesting through osmosis. How interesting his child is won’t be decided for a while

That said, arguably the music that Bieber was most successful with was more interesting than the music Richie was most successful with. Everyone remembers All Night Long and Dancing on the Ceiling but for every one of those there’s 3 awful gloopy ballads

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I couldn't sing a Bieber song if you put. A gun to my head so I think Richie wins

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Imagine not knowing all the words to Yummy by heart.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

HMS Beagle posted:

Imagine not knowing all the words to Yummy by heart.

Not hard to remember “girl you got that yummy-yum, that yummy-yum, that yummy-yummy”

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I assumed they meant more of an "imagine there's no countries" sort of deal

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

Not hard to remember “girl you got that yummy-yum, that yummy-yum, that yummy-yummy”

That's my favorite part.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.
Justin Bieber has become one of those musicians who has osmotically drilled his way into my brain despite my best efforts. I will swear up and down that I don't know any Justin Bieber songs and then find out that that earwormy hook from all the TikToks is his song "Stay" with The Kid LAROI.

edit: I'LL BE hosed UP IF YOU CAN'T BE RIGHT HERE

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

New Poppy album is out and I am loving it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
POPPY! :supaburn:

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Really amazed at how even the Maisie Peters album is.
Not a single track I feel like skipping on it.
... that said, while there's no real lows on it, there's not any particular song I think is much of a standout earworm either.
Album is so drat good though.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Buffis posted:

Really amazed at how even the Maisie Peters album is.
Not a single track I feel like skipping on it.
... that said, while there's no real lows on it, there's not any particular song I think is much of a standout earworm either.
Album is so drat good though.

this is how I feel about the new Alessia Cara album, it's easily her best album and while there's nothing on there quite as sublime as Here there really aren't any skips and her voice sounds really great as usual

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah I’m still bumping the Maisie album constantly, it’s so good although talking to strangers still sticks out like a sore thumb (I think it’s the only song on the album to focus on a good relationship)

speaking of Alessia Cara she was on one of the latest episodes of HBO Max’s The Other Two, an excellent show I highly recommend!!!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I did not think Poppy could top I Disagree but Flux is loving incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I finally listened to the two latest Ed Sheeran tracks and Visiting Hours is unbelievably loving poo poo but I actually really like Shivers

https://youtu.be/Il0S8BoucSA

e: I have no idea what the actual gently caress is going on in this video though

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 4, 2021