Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Live Fire is way too big a map for 4v4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Diddler posted:

As someone who's never played Halo, this looks like it would be incredibly unfun to play against.
That's in sandbox mode with bots and infinite ammo. The grapple is a secondary weapon pickup and you only get 3 uses at a time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Professor Beetus posted:

Was there just a lack of content or something? Because the sailing alone is personally the star of the show, it feels amazing to be working the brigantine as a team with my partner and we are trying to rope a couple more people in so we can rock the galleon.

When it launched there was nothing to do really.
You could sail, there was treasure to dig up or steal from others, and skeletons.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Picked up a Series S to enable me to make the best use I can of a new fancy gamer 1080p@144hz monitor I just bought since my PC GPU(AMD RX 570) is kind of potato for some newer games, and did not want to deal with graphics card prices right now.

Gamepass has given me Halo MCC so that is good, However I kind of picked the wrong time in terms Battlefield and COD with new games out soon, I do have £15 credit and any discount offered by Gamepass, should I save that £15 for the new shiny in November or would any of the existing COD/BF games be even worth buying at this point ?

Also how is the xbox version of Cyberpunk now ? as it was a very notable title I struggled with on my PC due to older GPU.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wouldn’t buy any of the old BF games at this point, you could always get Warzone for free until November. The new CoD looks poo poo though. BF2042 looks cool

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Hello friends. I have played a few Halo campaigns and a few multiplayer games in my life. And by a few I mean it literally.

Mucking around with Infinite the past day has made me wonder what the hype is these days.

I think it's a fine-looking game, especially considering it's stradelling consoles 7 years apart, but I don't think it has anything that's better than other shooters.

The movement, shooting, mechanics and weapons all feel much better in Doom, Titanfall, Apex Legends and Call of Duty. Splitgate has an interesting premise, and I don't see what Infinite is offering that's not been done better elsewhere.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 24, 2021

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Real hurthling! posted:

When it launched there was nothing to do really.
You could sail, there was treasure to dig up or steal from others, and skeletons.

LMAO this is pretty much all we've been doing. Glad to know we might actually get some longevity out of it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4GbR_IEtp0

Looks good!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Hello friends. I have played a few Halo campaigns and a few multiplayer games in my life. And by a few I mean it literally.

Mucking around with Infinite the past day has made me wonder what the hype is these days.

I think it's a fine-looking game, especially considering it's stradelling consoles 7 years apart, but I don't think it has anything that's better than other shooters.

The movement, shooting, mechanics and weapons all feel much better in Doom, Titanfall, Apex Legends and Call of Duty. Splitgate has an interesting premise, and I don't see what Infinite is offering that's not been done better elsewhere.

It says "halo" on the box.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mfny posted:

Also how is the xbox version of Cyberpunk now ? as it was a very notable title I struggled with on my PC due to older GPU.
On the Series S, IIRC from the latest Digital Foundry video about it, it's locked at 30 but holds its framerate better, looks better and loads faster than the Xbone version.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
Does anyone have a fix for the installation stopped problem? I got my X a few days ago and most games install fine but I get that error for some. I've tried clearing the cache, hard resetting, turning off energy saving mode and so far no dice.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
So after using it more I have noticed my Series S while being whisper quiet a lot of the time sometimes decides to make a clicking/tapping noise from the fan area. For reference it sounds like the noise you sometimes get from a PC case fan when it is spinning at a very low RPM.

Can hear it at times from up to a few feet away from the fan side of the console when I am seated at desk in a quiet room with no game audio active, the console being placed vertically on the right hand side of me on the desk, the noise seems to disappear when console is placed horizontally however.

mfny fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 25, 2021

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

It says "halo" on the box.

Honestly, yeah. I've been playing Halo for twenty years. Thousands of matches. I know how it plays and the way it feels and the weapons and the maps and the characters and the multiplayer medals and the way matches flow and the universe and the in-jokes. Halo is home and I'm excited for the next one.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
New to the thread, and OP is kinda old, so apologies if this was already discussed heavily.

Did they discontinue the Series S, or what's the go-to low end model? I was checking a number of vendors and they're all out of stock.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You still need to camp on alerts and twitter to get a new console

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Small White Dragon posted:

New to the thread, and OP is kinda old, so apologies if this was already discussed heavily.

Did they discontinue the Series S, or what's the go-to low end model? I was checking a number of vendors and they're all out of stock.
Well the One S was the low-end model of the Xbox One. Not sure if that's been discontinued. But the Series S is the current low-end model. That hasn't been discontinued. They're just harder to find because of the global chip shortage that's been going on for a while and will continue to go on for a while. You can still find one but you have to be diligent about checking certain Twitter accounts like Wario64 (https://twitter.com/Wario64) or be a part of certain Discord communities that notify you when they come back in stock.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was shocked to see Series S consoles in stock just sitting there in a case at Wal Mart on Tuesday and they were still there when I went back on Wednesday.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I was shocked to see Series S consoles in stock just sitting there in a case at Wal Mart on Tuesday and they were still there when I went back on Wednesday.

LoL the Year Of Pretend Scarcity is over, time to move some xboxen

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Series S is easy to get in the UK. Series X is impossible.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Well the One S was the low-end model of the Xbox One. Not sure if that's been discontinued. But the Series S is the current low-end model. That hasn't been discontinued. They're just harder to find because of the global chip shortage that's been going on for a while and will continue to go on for a while. You can still find one but you have to be diligent about checking certain Twitter accounts like Wario64 (https://twitter.com/Wario64) or be a part of certain Discord communities that notify you when they come back in stock.

It's oddly not that hard to find series s's in the wild anymore. Walmart has them more often than not, and Amazon gets them in more often than you'd think. That's how I got mine.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
I figured it’s been 6 or 7 years since I gave up on gears of war 3 and decided it was time to jump straight into 5 because game pass. Best decision I’ve made in weeks. The campaign has been fun as hell and I’m actually thinking about playing some horde online.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stelio Kontos posted:

I figured it’s been 6 or 7 years since I gave up on gears of war 3 and decided it was time to jump straight into 5 because game pass. Best decision I’ve made in weeks. The campaign has been fun as hell and I’m actually thinking about playing some horde online.

Gears 5 is a game good enough that I would like a sequel where they just finish cutting the fat off and make the game it wants to be, but uninspiring enough I'd rather the team develop pretty much anything else first instead.

Perfect for Game Pass

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Barudak posted:

Gears 5 is a game good enough that I would like a sequel where they just finish cutting the fat off and make the game it wants to be, but uninspiring enough I'd rather the team develop pretty much anything else first instead.

Perfect for Game Pass

The couple open-worldish chapters definitely didn’t need to be there. I like games like this to be as straightforward as possible. Give me the huge set pieces, don’t make me drive some silly vehicle through nothing and then some predictable stormy bits.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Series S is easy to get in the UK. Series X is impossible.

Same in Ireland. They’re practically giving the Series S away with all the trade in deals going on.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

ColdPie posted:

Honestly, yeah. I've been playing Halo for twenty years. Thousands of matches. I know how it plays and the way it feels and the weapons and the maps and the characters and the multiplayer medals and the way matches flow and the universe and the in-jokes. Halo is home and I'm excited for the next one.

Yes, this. I've played all of the fps games but none feel as nice to me as Halo does. A Halo game feels like a Halo game, if that makes sense. It has this certain flow to it that I've never found in other shootman games.

Also Halo tip, increase your fov. I set it to 100 like I did in MCC for much nicer gameplay.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 25, 2021

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Gamepass Ultimate is the best. I've installed about 800gb of games between my Series X and PC.

:cracks knuckles:

:continues playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection nonstop:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

It's the comfort food of shooters. Halo has never been the best at anything other than being able to get people together easily to play the game via lan and online.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

It's the comfort food of shooters. Halo has never been the best at anything other than being able to get people together easily to play the game via lan and online.

Plus it has some throwback aspects that are so archaic that they’ve circled back around to being fresh like set weapon spawns and teleporters. It also has a relatively high TTK, which seems to appeal to a lot of people.

Halo at scale is a pretty unique experience even today. The smaller arena levels are fun, but the game really shines when PVP opens up into large combined arms-style maps like Blood Gulch imo.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Yeah, the high TTK is the biggest thing that keeps me on Halo and away from other shooters. It's fun being able to react to someone getting the drop on you and even turn the fight around and win it. When I play other shooters it's more about who can click on the other guy first, so the focus is much more on sneaking than combat.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

It’s me. I *love* the low frame rate animation for the main character in Sable, and I wish more games would play around with stuff like that. Sable has “a game made exactly for me” written all over it, but I can’t put up with all the microstutters. It runs worse than the preview build over the summer. Normally stuff like that doesn’t bother me too much, but in a game built around relaxing and exploring it pulls me out more than it would in other games. Hopefully it gets a patch soon.

Just 100% finished Psychonauts 2. That game was worth the wait. Still shocked Double Fine made a game that had that little jank in it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yet to play it online but the bot matches are fun.

Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sable without microstutters would be a top 10 game of the year for me but hooooooooooboy

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

If you would like your gamerscore to be an odd number, start Outwards. It's free this weekend on Gold and it will give you 1 point just by getting past the intro.

I'm pretty proud now of my 18741 gamerscore.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Earlier this year I dug my 360 out of storage and played 1942 for 2 hours just to rid myself of my old cursed xxxx7 gamer score. You've now given me anxiety that some lovely indie Game Pass game is gonna do it again and I'll have to marathon the game to fix it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
My one regret in life is blowing past 69420 without so much as a plan :smith:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

80085 isn't far away!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
My gamerscore ends in a 9. I’d nab that achievement to even it out but having random one-achievement games in my list bugs me more than having an odd gamerscore. Not that I care about either of them very much.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Mine ends in a 3 and I love it.

Anyway, Super Cloudbuilt is a game that's gonna be delisted today. Know nothing about it myself other than reading the name somewhere before, but apparently their publishing agreement is abruptly coming to an end and the console version is disappearing into the ether (the PC version on Steam will still exist). They're not even permitted to say why this is happening.

https://coilworks.se/blog/2021/9/23/super-cloudbuilt-publishing-changes-and-updates

quote:

Coilworks’ publishing agreement with Double Eleven has come to an end, and due to some technicalities, that means there are some changes coming to SCB on PC.

The console version of Super Cloudbuilt will sadly not be updated and even more regrettably, the sales of the console versions will sadly come to a close very shortly. Owners of the current game will still be able to access the game on consoles and download it again freely, but no one will be able to buy new copies of the game. (We wanted to give everyone a longer heads up here, but this is sadly how it turned out)

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 25, 2021

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

We Got Us A Bread posted:

It's oddly not that hard to find series s's in the wild anymore. Walmart has them more often than not, and Amazon gets them in more often than you'd think. That's how I got mine.
I got a Series S from Amazon too. I haven't really checked stock of them since getting one, though :shobon: It took a little under a month and a half for me to find a Series X after getting the S, and my X was a bundle that came from a Dell daily deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

80085 isn't far away!

:hmmyes:

Excellent point.