Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

If you have extra CCF, the crafting event that just started apparently lets you make CTPs. I was going to ignore it because I still have T3 upgrades I'm prioritizing but I guess I'll check it out more tonight. I did some people say they regret going for the mighty because of RNG and the gold cost, but the regular ones (authority?) and the once per event box seem reliable enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Me yesterday: Oh cool I'll get a free Premium card and a 2 star ticket!
Me today: gently caress I forgot to do the Dispatch mission 5x!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

Me yesterday: Oh cool I'll get a free Premium card and a 2 star ticket!
Me today: gently caress I forgot to do the Dispatch mission 5x!

The annoying thing about this is the multi day quests take priority over the daily ones in the quest tracker on the top of the UI.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

It was bugged a few times yesterday too, everything showed as incomplete on my screen whether I'd done it or not, and doing anything I'd done already didn't update the display.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wasn't sure which loki outfit was the better one so I bought thr tva over the vote loki one.

Also grabbed warmachine and black Panters outfits.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

twistedmentat posted:

I wasn't sure which loki outfit was the better one so I bought thr tva over the vote loki one.

Also grabbed warmachine and black Panters outfits.

If you buy one of the new Loki costumes, you get the 2nd one at a heavy discount.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Doctor Goons currently has 15 active members and is interested in either merging with or absorbing another goon alliance. Our alliance store is max level and we play Alliance Conquest seriously enough that we win about 2 a month.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I finally did it, taking a break if not just trying to not play at all. I started a much more abusive gacha (Contra Returns) and it just turned me off to mobile games altogether for the moment.

Revolution looks really cool but I know the addiction that will come with it. Funny enough I really want to mess with Street Fighter Duel when it comes out in America, knowing full well it’s a Tencen game and will have none of the generosity that MFF has, but it’s my favorite franchise and I love the art coming out of it.

Maybe I’ll wake back up when there’s a new WBU but even defeating Mephisto provided very little enjoyment. :shrug:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

OK so I've been playing this and Future Revolution and I've actually been playing Revolution more. Felt like I hit a wall in Future Fight the minute I tried to do the second story arc and I'm not quite sure how to make progress.

Meanwhile, I have a ridiculous purple suit on Captain America and he's wandering around some crisis on infinite Earths bad time on many, many Terras with 3000 other Avengers. The roster is so very, very shallow but it also satisfying to make number go up.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Actually surprised no one has made a thread since I have seen a Marble Hebrons guild and also some other goons running around. I would join one of those guilds but my friend made one and I would feel bad if I left it. :smith:

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Is there any reason to do the TVA stuff outside of dailies? It doesn't seem like it, but I've put very little effort into it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm enjoying it as a game but I have absolutely no idea what the point of it is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea even the shops rewards are basically nothing. I guess if you are a new player some stuff might be useful.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
There's some T3 mats in the better shops. So you can gamble energy on finding those rather than burning energy by running dispatch missions.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I managed to rack up 1000+ BAM on Survival which was useful because I had managed to run through my stock. The only thing I don't like about it compared to dispatch and the like is that it requires more attention. You could rack up an hour playing that dumb mode easily if you keep managing to stumble across temporal energy.

Unrelated: am I better off grabbing Doom's costume on sale and investing in T3'ing him or getting two of either Falcon, Loki, Shang-Chi, or any of the Black Order? I've got Loki right on the cusp of T3 but everyone else is at T2 lvl 60. My priorities right now are getting further in Dispatch, PvP, and any other passive game mode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Falcon's Cap uniform makes him top tier. Like Mystique-Moonstone level good.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Falcon's Cap uniform makes him top tier. Like Mystique-Moonstone level good.

Went ahead and got Falcon and both of Loki's new unis. If I wasn't 100% sure before, seeing Falcon's new 5 sealed the deal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its great. He's like all X frames, self healing, and his T3 skill is killer. And I think he's one of the first generation budget T3s if you don't have him there already. I pair him with a strong leader and a support and he just flies through Level 70 world bosses for me.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Haven't played since April 2020 and wow this is a nice new look

Tell me why I should pick Scream as my 6 star selector

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The new Eternals epic quest feels incomplete but its also nice to feel I don't have to rush through it and pick which of the three I want to work on first. It looks like they are going to add more to it next month after the movie?

verbal enema posted:

Haven't played since April 2020 and wow this is a nice new look

Tell me why I should pick Scream as my 6 star selector

If you like the character and don't care if you aren't being meta. I've lost track of what new and returning players get and how often and also it depends on what costumes you buy and so on. So it can't hurt too much just to get the ones you like. Scream's a solid combat character and doesn't need a costume.

Otherwise, Sharon Rogers and Luna Snow are probably the best starters even without their costumes.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 29, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there's clearly space for 3 more parts so i'm assuming 3 more characters and eventually the usual deal with a bonus character if you have all of them.

For those who haven't been playing for awhile the way they've been doing it lately is instead of one update a month there's usually like a split update every two weeks. So I assume we'll get the rest in a couple of weeks. You can usually guess at the schedule by seeing when the sales/special events end.

In general I've shaken the need to do epic quests as fast as possible. There's so many characters, T3s, Transcended, costumes, and top tier people at this stage that you can never really stay ahead of the pack. So you just pick and choose what you wanna do.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 29, 2021

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I like the split because it means they can patch the game live and not take everything down for ~8 hrs.

Finally beat Knull for the first time. I've had enough guys to do it, just haven't wanted to bother until I felt like my team was completely overpowered for the job. Shouts to Cynicalex for explaining how to do it while being just the right level of dork.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Anals of History posted:

I like the split because it means they can patch the game live and not take everything down for ~8 hrs.

Finally beat Knull for the first time. I've had enough guys to do it, just haven't wanted to bother until I felt like my team was completely overpowered for the job. Shouts to Cynicalex for explaining how to do it while being just the right level of dork.

I've been trying to beat Knull and Mephesto and I can't get these massive amounts of damage people are making GBS threads out with the same characters. Like maybe I just need to have all my cards fully upgraded, but at the rate you get little dodads to do that, that would take years.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Every once and awhile I make a run at them, do some damage, lose, and bail. I might have the means to do it and probably just need to figure out the right combo and strategy. But I dunno. Maybe some day I'll be strong enough to just crush them. I've been gradually beefing up my cards. And now there's these artifacts? I haven't even bothered to try adn figure them out yet.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you’re getting 0% pierce from cards you should make that a big focus until you can atleast get the minimum amount.

Then it’s usually about getting someone that pairs well with a CTP of energy or rage. Moonstone fucks then up pretty bad.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I don't get the results with a lot of characters that I feel like I should. Even with CTPs, Beta Ray, Odin, and some other meta chars I've tried do no noticeable damage to Knull for me. I think I just don't know their rotations and best gearing well because Moonstone with an energy obliterates him and Mephisto even without any pierce and she has a really easy rotation. I got up to where I could clear Knull with 5 people a day but I got bored of fighting him and his rewards weren't that great aside from low reliable CCF. I have plenty of CCF now, its the titan component packs for gear & t3 that are my road block, so these days I just do whoever the daily is. I'll push the highest I have unlocked if I have time, otherwise I'll just speed clear 11s or 21s because the rewards still seem pretty random.

I've been maxing all the Black Order because I like their new costumes and visuals. I'm down to two left and may pause them for White Fox and maybe some eternals. When they are done I'll probably scale back quite a bit on playing the game since they are going a bit too wide for me with all the new game modes and upgrades.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

If you’re getting 0% pierce from cards you should make that a big focus until you can atleast get the minimum amount.

Then it’s usually about getting someone that pairs well with a CTP of energy or rage. Moonstone fucks then up pretty bad.

I have moonstone with an CTP of Energy and 2% pierce and I die as soon as Mepheston goes into his second phase because of the dumb wiggle the stick around mechanic which is garbage on a virtual stick in this game. But I've seen videos of people killing them in seconds with Falcon and they're not super bugged.

I'm hoping Supergiant will help because even at only t2 with her new uni she was just tearing poo poo up. Only 700 more mandaly crystals!! :smithcide:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Here's my first team to beat Knull. I don't think what I have here is particularly special and I've played for ~1.5 yrs.

Characters:
ShaRog - T3, mythic Star Night uni, CTPE, POAH at lvl 7, handful of Odin's blessings - unranked in growth score
Human Torch - Transcended, mythic Classic uni, 200% proc custom gear with 35% increase in critical damage, POAH at lvl 9, handful of Odin's blessings - #25k in growth score
Starlord - T3, lead and occasional meat shield, none of the other stats matter

Cards: (I'm assuming these are sorta crap. I'll eventually play with rerolling for better stats)
Crescent & Io, Loki #2, SW & QS, Uncanny Avengers 14, Loki #1
Effects - +36% all attack, +46% ignore defense, -36% cooldown duration, 4% pierce

I think, with the above, that I managed to finish with 1:30 left on lvl 1 Knull.

Guide I used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CamGqTrfg48

Genuinely, the biggest thing I needed to know was where to stand and when to change characters prior to particular attacks. With the guide, I was able to figure out what I needed to do even though I'm running graphics at the lowest settings possible and I have the sound off. It was also important to leave one of your T3/transcended #6 attacks in the clip once you get below 7 bars on Knull and to not use it until Thor shows up.

e: looking at this, I'm ashamed of the length of this post and sheer amount of acronyms/jargon

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I have moonstone with an CTP of Energy and 2% pierce and I die as soon as Mepheston goes into his second phase because of the dumb wiggle the stick around mechanic which is garbage on a virtual stick in this game. But I've seen videos of people killing them in seconds with Falcon and they're not super bugged.

I use dr strange or star lord lead for +energy damage and just throw on spider-man as the third character, he doesn't even add anything to Moonstone but he's fast enough to run circles around Mephisto and grab all the runes, and will dodge once or twice if I get clipped by the wiggly aura. Otherwise I play keep away with Moonstone and only run in when my combo is ready. 4-5-6-3, keep away a while, 4-5-3, play keep away. Swap to spidey whenever he enrages, which is twice at the end.

Mephisto can be weird sometimes though, I've had him bug out and stay in his first unlabeled health bar even through four plus combos before when usually one to two do the trick.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sure my main problem with Knull and Mephisto has just been that I haven't taken the time to figure out how to beat them. And since I try so rarely by the time I'm taking another shot at them I've mostly just forgot whatever things I learned the last time. So its just a lack of effort on my part.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mephisto is way easier to take down because there’s very little to remember pattern-wise, where as Knull has a couple of patterns to keep track of.

But you can really tank the gently caress out of Mephisto and just avoid his one move that traps you.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've only just recently started being able to defeat Mephisto (and have blown all my CCF leveling him up to 60 so far). I now have four teams that can beat him, which is nice to be able to have reliable CCf returns now. Just need more drat TCPs all the time.

I have boosted my cards up so I have 4% Pierce now, so that might help. I'm trying to roll my brand new Baby Spidey card to a 7 before equipping it.

The four teams I'm using right now are:

Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, Thing. My fastest clear. Adding Thing really seemed to pick up Torch's damage somehow.

Star-Lord, SharRog (the uni before the Sirius armor), Cable. At first, I was switching to the faster Cable to run around during the rage phase, but I haven't really figured out how to get him to do the crazy damage I've seen others do, so I can pretty much clear it without switching now, and he is a decent backup if Sharon somehow dies before finishing him off.

Cyclops, Rogue, Mystique. Rogue does all the damage if you get that 6 going right. I only have Mystique to make it themely and give Rogue a little team up bonus.

Captain Marvel, Luna Snow, Moonstone. This one requires the most char switching, because Luna is too slow. I swap to Carol to zip around during the rage phases, then when I get him frozen, I switch to Moonstone to fire off her big attack, which is good, but not good enough to have her as my lead damage dealer, because I run out of time if I do. The rest of the time is button mashing with Luna, which feels weird that she doesn't really have an optimum rotation, so it never feels like I'm maximizing her damage, but it still works.

Not sure what my fifth team will be yet, although I hope I can get either SamCap or Silk going, because Silk is a lot of fun to play. Also haven't beaten Knull yet. He's just been super annoying to play against. Maybe I'll try soon.

I'm also never sure which stats are the important ones to boost up. Crit Rate or Crit Damage? Are Ignore Defense and Skill Cooldown still big things?

What I really want to do is figure out how to one-shot Danger Room, so I can stop wasting time on it when it's a requirement, since it sucks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I utterly refuse to do Danger Room unless its required for a event quest. Even then its under duress. For the amount of time it takes, the rewards are garbage. Have that problem with alliance battle, but that doesn't bother me too much because someone like Deadpool or Scarlet Witch can clear it without you even looking at what you're doing.

So many old game modes have rewards that are so pointless for anyone who isn't a new player. I used to struggle for GUKs but now i think i have like half a million banked?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not much of a complainer about this game. I feel like it has more than enough stuff to satisfy me. But I'm super annoyed at the Event Quest having a daily chore of completing an Epic Quest stage but me being stuck on the stage that requires me to collect Gem Fragments so I actually haven't gotten any tokens yet.

That's all. I just had to complain.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
On that note, I'm super annoyed that the event quests end the same day you earn your last tokens. I wait and don't spend any until I get the maximum amount, but by that time the quest has been going on so long I forget to spend them when I complete the stupid thing. There's no reason not to keep the store open an extra day or two. There's no doubt they can see all the unspent quest tokens and should put two and two together.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also I finally got the fragments and moved on to the next step but I didn't get credit for clearing a stage? So like... do I have to complete the entire section of the Epic Quest? Daily? Either I'm missing something or this is broken.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Also I finally got the fragments and moved on to the next step but I didn't get credit for clearing a stage? So like... do I have to complete the entire section of the Epic Quest? Daily? Either I'm missing something or this is broken.

It's labeled wrong and you get credit by doing one of the EQ missions. I bought the Makkari pack so I do her quest pack mission and it counts, but it should count the Reclaimed Memory ones you unlock on the Sersi and Ikaris phases as well.

Industrial Complex opens at Sersi 11 (after two research stages and getting all her gear to 22...)
Deviant Diversion opens at Ikaris 15 (ditto)
Madness Ensues opens when you buy Makkari's deluxe pack (4400 crystals).

It's pretty dumb and very easy to misunderstand, I got lucky and was just doing the missions anyway and saw I got credit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat it, somehow I didn't even realize that was open.

I feel stupid now. Thanks. Ah well.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Anyone had any experience using Sersi or Makkari for PVP? My Sentry/Hulk/Colossus combo is slowly falling behind and I'm wondering if I can get away with mixing in the new Eternals or if I should invest in another char to replace Hulk and/or Collossus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been resting on Sentry, Surfer, and Jean and even though it feels outdated it still seems to do better than any other combination I try.

I tried Phoenix Cap last week. That was not a success.