Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

edit: timestamped to where the FX directors are talking about how they did the ED209 muzzle flashes in-camera during stopmotion :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfA0Qaw4O1M&t=3788s

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

NoneMoreNegative posted:

"Make it sore, Number one."

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

NoneMoreNegative posted:

edit: timestamped to where the FX directors are talking about how they did the ED209 muzzle flashes in-camera during stopmotion :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfA0Qaw4O1M&t=3788s

practical effects loving rule

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rewatching blade runner final cut, I think each subsequent release boosted the bass by 3db, there’s just a low rumble going in like half the movie [sorry neighbors]

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Blade runner CSI cut

The zoom in scene but 30 mins longer

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

qirex posted:

rewatching blade runner final cut, I think each subsequent release boosted the bass by 3db, there’s just a low rumble going in like half the movie [sorry neighbors]

re-release time:

the kids just aren't buying it these days! what do kids like.. what do kids like... bass! turn up the bass!

3 years later:

the kids just aren't buying it these days! what do kids like.. what do kids like... bass! turn up the bass!

3 years later:

in a few more years it'll be nothing but a loud droning bass throughout the entire movie with no dialog

so like a marvel movie

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've owned various versions of the movie going back to the dvd with director's cut on one side and theatrical on the other so it was kind of jarring

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember that dvd, I think it was one of the first batch of dvds ever released. no one really knew what the format was capable of or how to differentiate it from vhs. so when you put it in it immediately started playing the movie and you had to press a button to bring up the menu (and "interactive menu" was listed as a banner feature on the box, right alongside "chapter select")

also it was letterbox on one side, pan/scan on the other. unless you're talking about a different one

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I've got a audiobook split by chapter into mp3s, where each one closes with "please fast forward to the end and flip the cassette to hear more" along with 5+ minutes of outro music

Welp that's my story

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

RokosCockatrice posted:

I've got a audiobook split by chapter into mp3s, where each one closes with "please fast forward to the end and flip the cassette to hear more" along with 5+ minutes of outro music

Welp that's my story

i think my audiobook copy of neuromancer is like that minus the outro. my copy of slaughterhouse five might have been the same way, too

haveblue posted:

also it was letterbox on one side, pan/scan on the other. unless you're talking about a different one

i have the letterbox combo but it's delaminating slowly, and has been since the mid oughts. it wouldn't surprise me if they released a different cuts version of the disc, that movie's in the running with skyrim for rereleases and special package editions

why yes, i do have the vk case dvd release and a slim case bd final cut combo pack to go with that early dvd release, why do you ask?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

i think my audiobook copy of neuromancer is like that minus the outro. my copy of slaughterhouse five might have been the same way, too

i have the letterbox combo but it's delaminating slowly, and has been since the mid oughts. it wouldn't surprise me if they released a different cuts version of the disc, that movie's in the running with skyrim for rereleases and special package editions

why yes, i do have the vk case dvd release and a slim case bd final cut combo pack to go with that early dvd release, why do you ask?

the five pack with the work print was the first blu ray i bought when i got a ps3 and hdtv. :3:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/gruber/status/1441457685644279819?s=19

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:wtc:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i guessed incorrectly

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

The misses caught me watching ads the other night so I'm trying to lay off for a bit sorry

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I was just humming along, wallet out for the ghost of marx and everyone to see, to five eight eight two three hundred, empire- Jesus doesn't anyone knock anymore?!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/capybaroness/status/1436475796357582876

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

not as bizarre as ‘this is living’ but definitely more uncomfortable to watch

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Did Apple make this ad?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i dont like it

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

hmm we need an ad for this thing, but don't have any ideas

i know let's just make it about whatever and then we'll throw in our name at the end. easy viral + memorable

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I’m gonna write a marketing book. working title: just use soup

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol if you haven't seen this you should

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
is that still the only movie mick jagger's ever done

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1441696787182411778?s=21

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol that was amazing

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Metal Gear?!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Oh gently caress, the big disaster of the 2022's is gonna be lit.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

it's fun.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
freejack is great, the director also made the quiet earth which is I Am Legend but kiwi and better.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Free Jack is a good time

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

freejack is great, the director also made the quiet earth which is I Am Legend but kiwi and better.

the quiet earth is good

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/passthebeano/status/1442165554614177794

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Love how they then pretend FSD safety stats are meaningful at all.
And get mad when shown FSD actually is a loving menace.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAshKROIjtQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

good dog