Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he likes white dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There is no UK scene anymore, plague and noncing killed it dead.

With that said I have to imagine it was one of his favourite scenes because they were all diddling kids, just like his favourite 80s guys were.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1439386420485967874?s=19

Hes right but not for the reasons he thinks.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rewatching Timeline WWF 1997 and god help me I love it.

Talking about how he had to watch a bunch of Diesel matches to teach Glen Jacobs and he found he only did "Six moves, including the hair flip". :lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

algebra testes posted:

Talking about how he had to watch a bunch of Diesel matches to teach Glen Jacobs and he found he only did "Six moves, including the hair flip". :lol:

Oliver getting Nash to react to it on a later interview was also great

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

wasnt he just like "yeah and i got rich by only doing six moves"

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpVfsEf9LU

I love how Cornette is naming them, pauses for a second and Nash chimes in "side slam" only for Cornette to remember "...sidewalk slam" and Nash give a satisfied nod as Oliver busts up laughing

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Pretty much, he also really wanted them to know he does a side slam.

E: Oh, there we go, vid above.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

IGgy IGsen posted:

Pretty much, he also really wanted them to know he does a side slam.

E: Oh, there we go, vid above.

It's the Brian Alvarez line 'the goal is to do as little as possible while still making the fans happy'

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

algebra testes posted:

Jim Cornette today: Wrestlers do too many moves, they should only do six.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
In Street Fighter II Ryu has six moves

Punch
Kick
Hadoken
Tatsumaki
Shoryuken
Throw

Ryu is a martial arts master. Six moves is all it takes.

E: Now I get it, Kevin Nash is one of those drat video game wrestlers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I love how Cornette is naming them, pauses for a second and Nash chimes in "side slam" only for Cornette to remember "...sidewalk slam" and Nash give a satisfied nod as Oliver busts up laughing

"Snake eyes??"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

"if you could add a sixth move to the moveset, what would it be?"

"Probably teabagging jim cornette"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

what's "the squisher"

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

what's "the squisher"

I always assumed it was knees/thrusts/elbows in the corner.

Or maybe it's this, which I guess he also did while he was Diesel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK9BH6sAqio

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I think that's what Cornette means with the back elbow thing.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

that's the dick drop

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Snake Eyes is cool as hell

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Or maybe it's this, which I guess he also did while he was Diesel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK9BH6sAqio

yes, this is the squisher.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Lmao we can't do the south park shtick for Owen, let's put some effort into this one!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jimmy's melting, he's melting, oh what a world.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
why is Curt Hennig in Owen's gear

also it should be noted that Cornette is completely right regarding this subject and shits on the WWE cultists who are mad about it so let that be a sobering reminder of how out of touch and delusional those people are in comparison

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 24, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

beggar posted:

Lmao we can't do the south park shtick for Owen, let's put some effort into this one!

In fairness his take on this is pretty much the correct one. If anything it may be too generous to AEW because they are 100% trying to make money off Owen to some degree (I'll happily be proven wrong but I doubt 100% of the profits are going to the charity) but he rightfully tells the critics to gently caress off about WWE and the HOF

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
*pins "famous racist Jim Cornette" below "Stand Up For WWF Cultists" on the big board of bad wrestling opinion havers.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

What's Milton Berle doing in the CornetteZone?

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I was bored at work so I decided to bite the bullet and listen to their take on Owen.

Last and Cornette were both overwhelmingly positive about all of it. Cornette went as far as to say that it's not just young guys wanting to go to AEW but also legends because they can get paid and maybe do some commentary instead of getting insulted and treated like poo poo.

They called out the people complaining about WWE not getting to do the tribute and said it definitely wasn't their audience because they're reasonable. (Lol)

I'm going to laugh if he loses listeners for this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Zombie Lemur posted:

I was bored at work so I decided to bite the bullet and listen to their take on Owen.

Last and Cornette were both overwhelmingly positive about all of it. Cornette went as far as to say that it's not just young guys wanting to go to AEW but also legends because they can get paid and maybe do some commentary instead of getting insulted and treated like poo poo.

They called out the people complaining about WWE not getting to do the tribute and said it definitely wasn't their audience because they're reasonable. (Lol)

I'm going to laugh if he loses listeners for this.

I caught him saying (re: Owen Cup), that'll be good as long as they don't have like Orange Cassidy win it, and all I could think was Owen would've LOVED working with OC. I bet he would've gotten such a big kick out of doing goofy stuff with him.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Owen, he of the legendary popocorn spot in the legendary "Bad match" would have hated something goofy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
There is something for a booking brained person to go "booking the comedy spot for their memorial tournament feels disrespectful even if on-brand for the honored talent" but like also cornette is an idiot.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Davros1 posted:

I caught him saying (re: Owen Cup), that'll be good as long as they don't have like Orange Cassidy win it, and all I could think was Owen would've LOVED working with OC. I bet he would've gotten such a big kick out of doing goofy stuff with him.

Yeah, I think OC and Owen would've been fantastic together.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Mick Foley in Have a Nice Day posted:

There was nothing like a bad Owen Hart match...In addition to an offense consisting of multiple rakes of the body, kicks in the rear end, horrible-looking karate chops that were always preceded by a loud “hi-yah,” and cocoa butts (the big, fakelooking version of the popular head butt) so fake that they made Lou Albano look like Carl Gotch, and he was equally terrible on the defensive.

Foley has like another 2 paragraphs describing Owen goofing off in matches. Agreed that he probably would have loved OC.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Owen would absolutely sell OC's sweet shin music kicks like he'd been shot with a tank rifle.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Yeah anyone saying that Owen Hart would hate working with OC are just blinded by their Cornpills, he'd loving love working a match with OC because it'd be one of the easiest matches that you could have.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Owen would absolutely sell OC's sweet shin music kicks like he'd been shot with a tank rifle.

The selling that would happen when OC does the big Ohhhhhhh windup kick would be :kiss:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

FullMetalJackoff posted:

While probably leaping from foot to foot with each devastating kick delivered, while going "ooh" and "aah" and grimacing in pain with each kick.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
My favorite Owen match story from Foley's book is him no selling the Sharpshooter by smoking an imaginary cigarette and pretending to check his watch.

Man, now I'm imagining Owen countering OC's sunglasses with a pair of Bret's.

Zombie Lemur fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 26, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he was Blue Blazer for gently caress's sakes! he died being blue blazer!!! how the gently caress do you ignore that.

Anyway I figure Jim's seeing the money's changing hands and wants in.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cornette wishes he was the guy doing the Dan Lambert segments but as a manager for FTR

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Dacap posted:

Cornette wishes he was the guy doing the Dan Lambert segments but as a manager for FTR

I’ve always assumed the Dan Lambert stuff was intended as a parody of Cornette’s criticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

BGrifter posted:

I’ve always assumed the Dan Lambert stuff was intended as a parody of Cornette’s criticism.

That's what I thought too, but apparently Lambert did the same shtick in Impact so who knows?