Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
but aj can't see poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that 10th could easily go either way, I think Usyk takes it but I can definitely see a judge seeing the cut and scoring it for Joshua

on my card it's 6-4 Usyk

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

this is already lost outside of something crazy

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Yea, this is Usyk's fight imo.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Usyk takes the 11th, 7-4

Joshua needs a KO or some extremely corrupt judging

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol joshua going to get smashed if he ever actually fights fury

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

done

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so who's Fury going to fight while Joshua goes after Usyk in a rematch? Wilder, again? Povetkin? Whyte?

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

absolutely usyk. movement was too much

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Start the fight pivoting and taking punches, end the fight getting walked back and taking punches.

Usyk's fight.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I have Usyk 8-4 but two of those were very close

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
7-5 Usyk for me but boxing...

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

whats the point

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

we all know

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

boxing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

my stream is about 40 seconds behind so i'm refreshing waiting to see some outrage

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Completely Deserved.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Glad to see the right man win two big fights in a row

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
holy poo poo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
yep that's definitely the right outcome

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Small heavyweight LET'S GO

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol joshua

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i don't see how joshua even comes back and refights that and wins. hes david haye or whatever now

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I am very feel, boys

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Fury vs Usyk is gonna be something

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Good fight, love that the stadium is emptied...lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fury would know when he was getting beat and do something about it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

white hart lane, so rarely a home defeat

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
whatever the tactical reason, Joshua letting Usyk be active and set the pace of the fight in the first three rounds was dumb

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jose posted:

lol joshua

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

the dudes got 50 million quid why doesnt he pay a guy to be in his corner that 2 minutes out from losing his titles that says youre going to lose loving thump him, rather than all the platitudes he was getting. but even then. lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

how much did Eddie pay to get Hatton the win because lol

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Great fight and probably my front runner for FOTY for its relevance, competitiveness and high skill on display. Was a beautiful fight to watch.

I said pre fight that Joshua would do well to imitate Chisora with early pressure and not let Usyk get settled into a boxing match, and yeah Joshua hosed up by not paying ten dollars to read my posts. Joshua was almost stationary in those critical early rounds people expected him to have clear advantages in, and even when he started finding his rhythm he never seemed to have any kind of fight changing ideas.

By round 4 I was sorta looking for a round I could give to Joshua just out of reluctance to give them all to Usyk and at several points during the fight I had to talk myself down from reflexively thinking Usyk was winning every round, but especially by the championship rounds it was clear both fighters knew who was winning and who wasn't. AJ was very effective with his jab and it kept him competitive all the way but pretty much every memorable moment or eye catching punch was Usyk's and that effect was magnified by how Joshua seemed to take two or three steps back on each of those moments. Meanwhile Usyk didn't so much as flinch at the shots he was taking.

Whether or not Usyk has real heavyweight power or real heavyweight durability doesn't matter anymore. He's the heavyweight champion and imo a top 3 pound for pound guy for sure. My prediction is that he will look even better in any Joshua rematch, would absolutely shut out Wilder on 9 round to 3 type margins, and is a far more interesting and competitive opponent for Fury than Joshua ever was.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LLCoolJD posted:

Usyk is a great boxer but I am still surprised at how many are talking up his chances. If he were 6'7" it'd be a different story, but as the shorter man with less pop on his punches he's going to need some Matrix moves to win against AJ.

:lol: at this jackass.

What a fight.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I feel like AJ should move towards a rematch with Whyte instead of Usyk but honestly it's really just because I personally have wanted to see that, probably more than most, for a long time and this time it feels like a real 'loser leaves town' match.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Jose posted:

lol joshua going to get smashed if he ever actually fights fury

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Joshua just sort of let that fight happen to him. He's not the most natural toe-to-toe slugger but he should have at least tried using his massive weight and reach advantage to try to win the fight when it was obvious he'd lost the boxing match.

The corner full of yes men didn't help either.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joshua needs to get that Fury belt signed sealed and delivered ASAP.
Not because it'd be competitive, but because the window for it actually happening and being relevant at this point is almost entirely gone.

Fair to say that any cross atlantic interest in the fight is likely gone, but the UK interest might still be there.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
As a UK boxing fan I'm not interested in paying £50 or whatever to watch Fury knock around this version of Joshua. I'm sure Eddie Hearn would be able to make a castle out of money with what he'd make from casual sales, but my enthusiasm for that fight right now is near zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agreed personally. Money speaks though.

I don't think there's any version of Joshua that makes it all 12 against Fury tbh.