Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Flyers are going to take a near NHL ready prospect and shove him on the third line.

Anton Lundell

Max Pacioretty-Leon Draisaitl-Patric Hornqvist
Tomas Tatar-Yanni Gourde-Joel Farabee
?-Anton Lundell-?

Thomas Chabot-Matt Dumba
Travis Sanheim-?
Cam York-?

Juuse Saros

MononcQC is up until noon ET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Hello, Chicago Blackhawks here again!

We're very proud of the way things are going, and we're so, so excited about our next pick. He's going to be a solid mentor, he's vegan (MacKinnon is freaking out), and is also a god drat giant. He's the oldest active player and tallest player in the history of the NHL and a defenceman, which we believe is what the kids these days call "big D energy," and we're sure he can go all night long if he's toughed it for 24+ years already.

We're just so enthusiastic we have started our camp but have no idea what we're paying him yet. Welcome to the team, ZDENO CHARA!

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

It's been a few hours so I'll make my pick now and starsfan can go whenever, Florida is going to finally address the goalie position for the foreseeable future and lock down Jeremy Swayman

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

JT Compher and Tyson Jost. AFK and barely have service so hopefully this goes through

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Just like the Bruins are keeping Swayman in a 1B situation for a bit by signing Ullmark this season, Florida plans to do the exact same and to bring in a move proven starter who has strung together a few solid seasons in a row since our roster is more win now than futures. We'll take Cam Talbot to give us a quality starter now with Swayman constantly looking over his shoulder and ready to take over as soon as Cam has 2 bad games in a row

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Iodised QQ posted:

It's been a few hours so I'll make my pick now and starsfan can go whenever, Florida is going to finally address the goalie position for the foreseeable future and lock down Jeremy Swayman

Agggggghhh was hoping he'd slip one more round :smith:

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Starsfan has 2 skipped picks, lazerwolf is afk

Now up:
MononcQc
mentholmoose
Furnaceface
lazerwolf
Also VOTE1
Technetium
Duckman2008

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The Chicago Blackhawks are busy increasing the size of the doors in all our rooms to accommodate Chara, but this isn't keeping us too busy to be here right on time to draft more (internally) competitive players.

We're still in line with our idea to create the most friction possible, so that internal competition brings us to great success. The guy we have our eyes on is obviously a Trump supporter, but at this point this isn't enough to even be a big deal here. We’re going to do an opposite thing here, so after drafting the tallest player in history, we are happy to draft the shortest skater in history and bring him to the club — just after we make sure he won’t be confused for a minor by some staff we probably still have on the payroll knowing ourselves as an organization.

Welcome to the Blackhawks, NATHAN GERBE!

(whenever he's recovered from his hip surgery, I guess)

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 25, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
oh drat I got caught up doing other poo poo, I'll have my picks in a few minutes

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Flyers are going to take a young d-man, Dante Fabbro.

Furnaceface is up.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I'll complete the top 6 in Dallas with the draft of two forwards, LW Michael Bunting and C Troy Terry

Two younger and less proven options to be sure (bunting especially has a track record of like.. 40 NHL games total) but they have the skill set that I'm looking for on the 2nd line... namely guys that fill in some easier minutes while the 1st and 3rd lines take the tougher matchups.

Buchnevich - Cirelli - Gallagher
Bunting - Terry - Radulov
xxxx - Bonino - Kase

Dumoulin - Makar
Pelech - Pulock

Mrazek

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 25, 2021

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Arabian Jesus posted:

Agggggghhh was hoping he'd slip one more round :smith:

I had been wanting him for a while and wasn't sure when he was going to go, if I missed out on him because of my jesper fast meme pick the last time the draft came to this end I was gonna be quite sad

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm just going to go ahead and pick Duncan Keith for lazerwolf's last pick and someone else can take a younger cheaper player for his next one.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh wow you guys got back to me quick. I didnt really prepare for this one (well, less so than usual) but since goalies in general are scarce right now and I cant see fitting a second one into my gimmick after this I may as well skip the forward I had in mind and platoon 2 backups and pray for the best like any good Canucks GM would do.

Vancouver would like to make sure this player no longer has to be the victim of Leafs fans blaming everything on him for the loss despite putting up decent backup numbers, so welcome aboard Michael Hutchinson.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Detroit Redwings will now select our 13th forward, with a 10.5 million cap hit, come on down Jonathan Toews

Only 30 million to the floor!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Technetium is up until tomorrow technically. I have Duck's and Yaya's picks and can make both of them.

Then:

Arabian Jesus
me
glynnenstein
Drunk Canuck
FBS

e: I had the time wrong.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 26, 2021

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

MononcQc posted:

The Chicago Blackhawks are busy increasing the size of the doors in all our rooms to accommodate Chara, but this isn't keeping us too busy to be here right on time to draft more (internally) competitive players.

We're still in line with our idea to create the most friction possible, so that internal competition brings us to great success. The guy we have our eyes on is obviously a Trump supporter, but at this point this isn't enough to even be a big deal here. We’re going to do an opposite thing here, so after drafting the tallest player in history, we are happy to draft the shortest skater in history and bring him to the club — just after we make sure he won’t be confused for a minor by some staff we probably still have on the payroll knowing ourselves as an organization.

Welcome to the Blackhawks, NATHAN GERBE!

(whenever he's recovered from his hip surgery, I guess)

Ah gently caress.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators are proud to select Adam Lowry! Welcome Adam!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lazerwolf's team is now irredeemably old and needs more forwards and probably a guy who can play center, so how about Jeff Carter?

(I think there are technically a few higher-scoring centers/forwards left, but either of them would be pouring even more gasoline on top of that team's highly flammable cap situation).

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
It’s Carolina’s pick, and super good timing, one hour before I start work.

For the last 3 years , there has only been one player , to have the true grit to lead and fight his team to the Stanley cup each year.

A player who scored a really well timed OT goal.

A player who can still drop gloves and fight.

And he’s from St. Louis , so you know he’s a stand up individual.

Carolina selects:

https://youtu.be/ZkAzzPCXxs0

3x Stanley cup champion and home town hero Pat Maroon.

Wilson —- Kadri —— Marchand
E Kane — M Domi —- Kreider
Perry —- ??? —— Simmonds
Rinaldo —- ??? —— Maroon

Gudas —- Brendan Smith

Binnington

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

So since that was an early morning pick, the countdown started at 10am

so the following are skipped
Yaya
Arabian Jesus

it is mentholmoose's Blues pick

Drunk Canuck fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 26, 2021

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I pick the most injured man in sports entertainment, Robby Fabbri

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Ok the Blues are going to go for a 1A/1B kind of thing in goal, but thankfully we can also snag a young goalie with a good bit of upside.

Alexandar Georgiev

Here's the Blues.

Gabe Landeskog-Alex Barkov-Nino Niederreiter
Alex Lafreniere-Jordan Staal-Eeli Tolvanen
Jordan Greenway-?-?

Mattias Ekholm-Ryan Ellis
Gustav Forsling-Jared Spurgeon

Jake Oettinger
Alexandar Georgiev

glynnenstein is up.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals select Carson Soucy.

Drunk Canuck is up until 5:29.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Los Angeles Kings proudly take, from Minnesota,

D Justin Holl

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

This is not the kind of player you'd expose in an expansion draft, no sir! Winnipeg selects Scott Mayfield and his very affordable contract.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Toronto Maple Leafs are going to make a Matthew Boldy pick here and cheer on the Millis, Massachusetts native in his bid for the Calder trophy (or Cup if he doesn't quite make it this season).

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Boldy loving rules.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Kuule hain nussivan and mono have now been skipped, and shyduck is on the clock until 11:15 tomorow morning.

After that:
JawKnee
stab
El Gallinero Gros
fawning deference
Ginette Reno

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Drunk Canuck posted:

So since that was an early morning pick, the countdown started at 10am

so the following are skipped
Yaya
Arabian Jesus

it is mentholmoose's Blues pick

Perron - Scheif - Kane
Ritchie - Pavs - Brown
- Stephenson -
- - -

Reilly - Martinez
McCabe - Murphy
- Hakanpaa

Ned

Arabian Jesus fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 27, 2021

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Running out of name, so here's a fine (?) third liner who might hopefully bounce back? The Edmonton Oilers pick Joel Armia!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

The Bruins will start working on their 4th line so they select hometown boy Ryan Donato!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ottawa Senators select Morgan Frost

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Going to pick up an expensive center with a bad contract who, I think, will still be able to perform well, and will likely take the 2C spot instead of Sam Bennett; it's Logan Couture!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I can't believe that the Canes passed on Couture so many times.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
stab is up until 2:19pm EST

After that:

El Gallinero Gros
fawning deference
Ginette Reno
VOTE1

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Phone posting so gimme Owen Tippett oh ya

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary selects Centre Cole Perfetti

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Devils select Nico Sturm, a 26 year-old center who will shift to wing. 90+ percentile defensive metrics while also being extremely productive given relative ice time. Also a tremendous penalty killer who will need a new deal at the end of this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

This makes my team:

Mangiapane-O'Reilly-Oshie
Pinto-Eriksson-Ek-Sturm
MFoligno-Pageau

Toews-McAvoy
Whitecloud-Tanev

Petersen