Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Haramstufe Rot posted:

you don't even need a passport to go to many popular non-EU holiday/work locations (e.g., Turkey).

If I was the UK, I'd quickly implement a similar scheme as Turkey does. Nobody likes to spent the lengthy process of applying for and then schlepping around a huge-rear end passport just for vacation or business trips.

They won’t do that - because what even would be the point in them being blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1441865718266413063?s=19

How many shoot Alpacas would Keith shoot if Keith could shoot shoot Alpacas

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1441865718266413063?s=19

How many shoot Alpacas would Keith shoot if Keith could shoot shoot Alpacas

Minus Five Alpacas

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Ten Alpacas ahead under any other Llama.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
noone ever asked corbyn if he would pull the llama trigger

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Your heroes will always disappoint you.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

NotJustANumber99 posted:

as it turns out he’s actually a vegetarian except for llamas. just can’t get enough of ‘em

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Red faced gammon standing up from his seat on Question Time and screaming, "Would you nuke the alpaca, Corbyn?!"

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
jo swinson, eyes alight with violence, proclaiming her readiness to nuke each and every alpaca at moments notice if need be, unlike coward jeremy corbyn

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

BalloonFish posted:

This was also why our freedom of movement was a lot free-er than the EU's actual rules on Freedom of Movement - by the rules, you don't have a right to remain if you're looking for a job, and host nations can require migrant workers to register with authorities etc. and don't have a right to claim benefits until they've been in their new country for three months.

The UK's refusal to be part of Schengen and any accompanying ID scheme meant we had a relative free-for-all because we had no effective way of tracking who was here from the EU, what they were doing and how long they'd been here.

To be clear, I generally think that that's a good thing, and I certainly wouldn't have trusted Major's Conservatives or New Labour with a forriner-tracking ID scheme. But so many of the things they would later rail against in the Brexit arguments were caused directly by their own decisions driven by their own refusal to even consider engaging with the EU and its processes.

The registration thing is mostly about working, and you still had to do that in the UK (I did - to get NINO and set up for taxes and the like - it's done by the jobcentre).

You can still hang about in another EU country just fine without registering, I've done that a number of times. It only really matters if you want to work or access to benefits (and it's the latter which causes friction and problems, of course).

The only people who really get in trouble are those who move for benefits, which is forbidden but a bit hard to police. Even if you get caught it's tricky, you can get deported but they can't prevent you from coming back, so it's mostly about becoming non-eligible for benefits in the future.

Also you have an explicit right to remain for 6 months looking for work when you first move to the country, potentially collecting benefits depending how the benefit system is set up. It's only really when you go over that and are on benefits that you get in trouble.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 26, 2021

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/mikeysmith/status/1441859834605879299?s=19

https://twitter.com/amandamilling/status/1441866284673605639?s=19

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

lol
lmao

who could have seen this coming

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol https://twitter.com/Wildraar/status/1441879025190846465

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The most horrific crime the centrists can imagine is calling someone some kind of bigot when it is theoretically possible they might sort of intend to not be one

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Angepain posted:

The most horrific crime the centrists can imagine is calling someone some kind of bigot when it is theoretically possible they might sort of intend to not be one

for sure

i also lol when they're all "it's class war!!!" and i'm like hell yeah it is, let's get some more

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
*leftist says mean things*

That's class war!

*goes back to cutting benefits, leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands*

"ahh, sensible decisions"

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
photobombed by a microphone and a set of vocal cords

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

In the spirit of balance she did also call herself a pile of poo poo in the same speech.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

So update on the fuelpocalypse from my area.

There are abandoned cars everywhere that have have presumably run out of fuel. Picking my partner up and dropping a colleague of hers off before 06:00 today and every petrol station bar one has run completely dry. That one station is now showing all green on Google Maps so I’d wager that has now also run out.

I also had an emergency call out I was due to attend this morning which has been aborted because the crews don’t have enough fuel to make the trip and can’t get any anywhere. My partner also told me more than one person has been suspended at her place after being caught stealing diesel from the HGV fuel supplies they keep in their yard.

People are still driving like morons and in an uneconomical fashion so despite the shortage few seem to be trying to conserve what they have. I pulled out every trick I have in the book and managed to average nearly 52mpg on this mornings run. For a 2 litre petrol I’m pretty pleased with myself not gonna lie.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Very grim

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
The post-brexit mad max scenario is upon us. I didn't think it would be a lack of HGV drivers causing it but in retrospect it all makes sense

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
good news everyone! the taxpayers' money will be carefully looked after!
https://twitter.com/thefabians/status/1442025407084171264?s=19

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Prizing the Public Pound, by Chuck Tingle

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Lord Ludikrous posted:

There are abandoned cars everywhere that have have presumably run out of fuel. Picking my partner up and dropping a colleague of hers off before 06:00 today and every petrol station bar one has run completely dry. That one station is now showing all green on Google Maps so I’d wager that has now also run out.

I also had an emergency call out I was due to attend this morning which has been aborted because the crews don’t have enough fuel to make the trip and can’t get any anywhere. My partner also told me more than one person has been suspended at her place after being caught stealing diesel from the HGV fuel supplies they keep in their yard.

People are still driving like morons and in an uneconomical fashion so despite the shortage few seem to be trying to conserve what they have. I pulled out every trick I have in the book and managed to average nearly 52mpg on this mornings run. For a 2 litre petrol I’m pretty pleased with myself not gonna lie.

a normal well run country

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sir Kieth was on Andrew Marr this morning. He's such a loving empty var of piss

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

CGI Stardust posted:

good news everyone! the taxpayers' money will be carefully looked after!
https://twitter.com/thefabians/status/1442025407084171264?s=19

"Ere, mate."
"Yeah?"
"I got a job for you."
"What is it?"
"See, I've got a bunch of money that I'm gonna spend."
"Yeah? On what?"
"Stuff, y'know."
"What kind of stuff?"
"I dunno. Focus groups; gently caress off big contracts for party donors; arms sales to the Taliban. That kind of stuff."
"Okay, so what do you need me for?"
"Well, you've gotta tell the public it's all good for them."
"And if it isn't?"
"Lie."
"Sweet. Can I get one of those contracts?"
"Sure."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Prizing the Public Pound, by Chuck Tingle

That's Pounding the Public Prize, I think.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If anything, Prizing the Public Pound has to be a 70s Genesis album

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Prizing the Public Pound (from the Pocket of the Poor)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Lord Ludikrous posted:

while i quite like driving my automatic in traffic, i really miss just driving everywhere in fifth gear nice and chill

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The OBR is excellent, love the OBR, but you know what would improve it is if we also made it bigger and added even more useless slogans. Also if we tried to say it was non partisan because god knows if people elect our party we can't do partisan things.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Call it the Office of Spending Money on Useful Things Instead Of Just Funneling it into Rich People's Pockets Like the Tories Always Do

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Making sure public funds are well spent by publicly funding a completely pointless new department

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Office for Doing the Good Things and not the Bad Things

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kieth desperately eyeing the exit there

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

give this new quango a budget in the hundreds of millions and hire all the labour politicos fail children who did economics at uni

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

it’s like the camera man framed rayner deliberately in front of that slogan rather then keir?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gonna be lol if it's the UK finally to blow off the :decorum: facade that no one gives a poo poo about anymore but the most useless people on the planet

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Lol nice.

You can tell they're scum by the way that they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
OBR has to be the dream civil service job. Just going 'yeah that's fine' at anything from a ministers mate like quality control at the duff brewery