Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I have a weed story. I loaded up the herb vape with what I thought was something called gelato cake a few days ago. I vaped it and was like this doesn't taste good, and I'm only a little stoned. Oh well.

Turns out it was this high cbd strain called started Enhanced #2. Has about 13.5% thc and 5.7% cbd. I have been vaping this for the past few days... and I kinda like it. It's really like a cigarette. I can hit the vape for 5 min in the morning with some coffee. I can hit it like a smoke break throughout the day and not get couch locked or too high.

Maybe I could try to get an ounce and just switch to smoking that instead of taking an actual t break haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Samuel Glompers posted:

A jet lighter isn't any more fumbling around than a normal lighter

yeah I've had drug adjacent acquaintances get weird watching me use the dynavap bc it reminds them of other things but I think that says more about them than me

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
a kid at a festival once yelled at me for smoking DMT because I was doing it out of a "crackpipe". He was on mushrooms (4-OH-DMT) at the time, but the concept of trying to explain chemistry to an angry person in that state just made me smile until he left me alone

I don't like using bigass torches for giant glass bangers indoors, though, unless I am over a concrete surface. I have a friend that heats bangers with acetylene, but he does it on a stone patio with nothing over his lap, whatever. I like to smoke weed indoors.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Marx Headroom posted:

yeah I've had drug adjacent acquaintances get weird watching me use the dynavap bc it reminds them of other things but I think that says more about them than me

sometimes it’s still worth avoiding depending on how important those people are to you, even if they are rationally capable of understanding it. if someone feels uncomfortable because they repeatedly saw a family member using hard drugs in a similar fashion (to eventual ruin) it might be preferable to use something that doesn’t remind them of traumatic memories.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

quote:

“The global talent shortage shows no sign of slowing, with 69 percent of employers reporting difficulty filling roles,” the survey reported in its executive summary.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

:nice:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

mawarannahr posted:

sometimes it’s still worth avoiding depending on how important those people are to you, even if they are rationally capable of understanding it. if someone feels uncomfortable because they repeatedly saw a family member using hard drugs in a similar fashion (to eventual ruin) it might be preferable to use something that doesn’t remind them of traumatic memories.

thats very kind and i'll keep that in mind but i hope they can get more comfortable around torch lighters bc the dynavap owns

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

when I was 21-26 I did tech support for the bbc. I had access to everything on the network. every shared server in every department except probably the network admins stuff because you know how they are.

never once was a drug test even suggested and I got paid sick leave and paid time off

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

:911: allowing such insanely invasive bullshit has always been fuckin wild to me, especially since all the testing accomplishes up here in jobs which allow it is driving workers to drugs that don’t remain in their system as long lol

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
It's especially funny to me here in a free state; the handful of companies that insist on dying on that hill are the ones getting hosed the hardest by "nobody wants to work!!!1" currently. A trucking company near me (who is stuck testing, due to federal laws) keeps raising their base pay, but no one cares; $30 an hour you can't spend on weed is less useful than $11 that you can, so people look elsewhere. (I offered to do it for $50/hr and haven't heard back, lol)

The same laws apply to school bus drivers, except the districts can't/won't raise pay to match, so they're looking at numbers like 50 applicants for 80 open bus routes at the start of the school year

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
one time i accidentally put a little catnip in my budder/edibles

it was fine

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Wheeee posted:

:911: allowing such insanely invasive bullshit has always been fuckin wild to me, especially since all the testing accomplishes up here in jobs which allow it is driving workers to drugs that don’t remain in their system as long lol

Whoa whoa it ALSO enriches governors and senators that invest heavily in, or partially own, drug testing companies.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

a kid at a festival once yelled at me for smoking DMT because I was doing it out of a "crackp--

WHOA whoa whoa there buddy, I think you mean oil burner

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

I smoked with a creme brulee torch for a bit cause it was windy outside and that was awesome, it would burn the whole depth of the bowl and get you ridiculously high.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

oh you guys are going to drug test me so I can’t smoke weed? aight

*rips meth pipe and shifts into first to pull out of the truck stop*

Javid posted:

It's especially funny to me here in a free state; the handful of companies that insist on dying on that hill are the ones getting hosed the hardest by "nobody wants to work!!!1" currently.

back before the crash over a decade ago i was in a conference call meeting with corporate in america where they announced the company’s intent to expand drug testing to their canadian operations and i just fuckin busted out laughing since even if it were legal—we were an office environment, no safety concern—we’d lose like two thirds of our staff overnight that I couldn’t easily replace lol including me

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
the poorly named Terp Pen is the first thing I've seen that will let you hit oil right off a tool or even directly out of a silicone tub. This is real nice for my lazy rear end; making shatter-consistency oil with ethanol is tricky, thick oil is easy. Best sub-$50 electric oil vape on market right now, IMO

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
bought weed in Michigan with my Ohio medical card and it was cheap as poo poo. almost makes a four hour roundtrip worth it.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1440333784218435593 :hai:

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Lol Amazon is gonna lobby the feds to legalize weed, we might actually get it now

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Amazon Prime starts including a free edible with every purchase of a stoner movie

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

my new 8x9 seed to concentrate grow space/lab is basically done. gently caress of a lot of lumber $ and labor loving my back up. This was built inside an existing but completely unfinished dirt floor shed.

I will probably do a DIY thread if modz there are cool with WeedTech

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Cabbages and Kings posted:

my new 8x9 seed to concentrate grow space/lab is basically done. gently caress of a lot of lumber $ and labor loving my back up. This was built inside an existing but completely unfinished dirt floor shed.

I will probably do a DIY thread if modz there are cool with WeedTech

how are you irrigating your pots? coco or soil media?

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

new rolling tray lol

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

gettin high, watchin voyager

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
As a total weed novice I'm curious what people think of the legal prices in BC. For perfectly acceptable mids (at least as far as I can tell) I'm paying between $3.57~4.50 CAD ($2.80~3.53 USD) per gram, or $12.65~15.95 for an eighth ($9.94~$12.53 USD.) Is that good? Bad? Average? I didn't smoke regularly at all until recently, so I have no real idea how much prices have increased. These days I only buy in bulk from the government stores to get max bux savings.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Samuel Glompers posted:

As a total weed novice I'm curious what people think of the legal prices in BC. For perfectly acceptable mids (at least as far as I can tell) I'm paying between $3.57~4.50 CAD ($2.80~3.53 USD) per gram, or $12.65~15.95 for an eighth ($9.94~$12.53 USD.) Is that good? Bad? Average? I didn't smoke regularly at all until recently, so I have no real idea how much prices have increased. These days I only buy in bulk from the government stores to get max bux savings.

lol alberta is hovering around 12 bucks CAD per gram from the government website

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

blatman posted:

lol alberta is hovering around 12 bucks CAD per gram from the government website

Are you loving serious :lol::lol::lol:

Oh and to be clear I meant increased since legalization. IDK what the grey market prices were like.

Twelve loving dollars a gram ahahaha

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Lovelyn posted:

gettin high, watchin voyager

janeway best captain

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Samuel Glompers posted:

Yeah that's pretty good, I might expect better than mids for that but that's basically what an ounce costs

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

tmfc posted:

new rolling tray lol

Lmao

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

tmfc posted:

new rolling tray lol

owns

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Samuel Glompers posted:

look for Homestead Bandwagon Indica/Sativa, it’s a Rubicon sub-brand they use to clear out their excess Simply Bare organic material, comes as machine-trimmed popcorn most often in 1oz bags that run $115-125 depending where you buy, strains vary based on what they’re changing over and availability comes and goes. current sativa is a pretty nice blue dream and is great for licensed weed, but convenience is still the only reason to buy from legal shops

otherwise if you’re willing to step over to the grey side and you’re for real about bulk and want far better price/quality than the licensed market, you want to find the chronfather

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Samuel Glompers posted:

Are you loving serious :lol::lol::lol:

Oh and to be clear I meant increased since legalization. IDK what the grey market prices were like.

Twelve loving dollars a gram ahahaha

totally serious, it's loving bleak

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

If i plant some seeds from bud I've gotten are those gonna be female plants or is it a toss up?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Marzzle posted:

how are you irrigating your pots? coco or soil media?

I go back and forth between coco mixes and just using Happy Frog dirt from foxfarm. Some day I'll get around to making my own soil since it's becoming one of my more significant avoidable expenses.

This is all just Happy Frog dirt/perlite mix.

Also SA-Mart instantly bought a 4-digit pile of Magic cards I put up, so I just spent $2000 on an EToH pro. This increases my hash oil production capacity by a factor of 11 and opens the door to processing other people's biomass, as well as only having to spend about 6 hours a month running my own poo poo (instead of 9 hours a week).

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The other day I went far enough in the cart process to see what they charged for shipping on a dynavap; today they sent me a coupon code for free shipping, and it worked for ALL the shipping speeds. 11/10 good customer service

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I really like my dynavap but I haven't used mine in a while because I broke the caps. Seems like a good time to buy new ones.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mayman10 posted:

If i plant some seeds from bud I've gotten are those gonna be female plants or is it a toss up?

it’s a toss up. anecdotally all of mine have been female

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator