Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Come on, colorist. Try harder. You should be aware of a split complimentary color scheme.
https://colorswatches.info/split-complementary-colors

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Alhazred posted:

This is the rare Jucika that I don't like. There was a swedish boxer recently who talked about how she had gotten a similar prize and that it made her feel like poo poo.

Not that I disbelieve you, but can I have a link?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Mikl posted:

2. This is the last we will see of the human side for a while. I, for one, would really like to see the aftermath of what just happened! Because, consider: Danielle discovers some people are illegally dumping waste into the sea; those people tell her, no actually we weren't dumping, come with us and we'll prove it to you; Danielle goes with them and literally disappears, never to be seen again, no body to be found. Anyone reasonable would conclude the company killed her at sea to try and keep their operation hidden, so they would likely be tried for murder.

Also she's an IRS Auditor. Why did she even head out there? Wouldn't that be a job for EPA inspectors? I suppose seeing an interdimensional trash portal might be worth a visit, but presumably she had some kind of assignment to do at the company being investigated that couldn't wait for an "I'll explain to you how it works after we spend two weeks getting there" trip.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samovar posted:

Not that I disbelieve you, but can I have a link?

https://www-expressen-se.translate....tr_pto=nui,elem

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Every so often, one just has to take a moment to say that Wallace is Very Good.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I really like Smack, she looks like a proto-Mopsy. And I feel like Parker is starting to try out Mopsy’s voice here, too.
I like Smack, too; she’s a good addition to the cast. Gay and Her Gang seems to run out of gas a bit at times, and is saved by new characters (first Slim, now Smack).

Chako is great - thanks for posting it.

And He Dead! October 29, 1918

Outbursts of Everett True November 7, 1918

Gay and Her Gang November 7, 1929

Oaky Doaks April 9, 1936

Mopsy June 12, 1937

Up Front July 21, 1944

Dark Laughter November 6, 1948

Those Were the Days May 24, 1956

Wee Pals December 30, 1965

Dogbert June 6, 1966

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Alhazred posted:

This is the rare Jucika that I don't like. There was a swedish boxer recently who talked about how she had gotten a similar prize and that it made her feel like poo poo.

I think the difference is she’s hamming it up to the judges and then not even trying. I doubt the Swedish boxer did that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Slammy posted:

Dogbert June 6, 1966

Women’s army corp

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

this is my favorite c+h storyline since its one of the few times watterson really lets calvin’s imagination leak into the real world

This is one of the storylines where I think it might not actually be his imagination. There's some storylines where it's definitely his imagination (the transmogrifier, since we see him talk to his mom and he says "I'm an owl," the one where they travel back in time and took pictures of dinosaur toys), but some where it seems like it isn't (when Hobbes ties him to the chair, and the sequel to this storyline). Since the sequel to this storyline seems to not be his imagination, I feel like this isn't either.

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft's Salute To Potentially Dragging This poo poo Out For Another Week

Oh my god, who the hell cares?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True November 6, 1918

Nothing ever changes.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
No Crabgrass Today

Old School Peanuts (Jan 13, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 21-22, 1990)

:stonk:Blind Alley:stonk:

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

D^:

Not sure if that needed to be censored but playing it safe. But yeah, this storyline took a surprisingly dark turn and I love it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A real childhood event.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Twelve by Pies posted:

This is one of the storylines where I think it might not actually be his imagination. There's some storylines where it's definitely his imagination (the transmogrifier, since we see him talk to his mom and he says "I'm an owl," the one where they travel back in time and took pictures of dinosaur toys), but some where it seems like it isn't (when Hobbes ties him to the chair, and the sequel to this storyline). Since the sequel to this storyline seems to not be his imagination, I feel like this isn't either.

It'd be hard (though probably not impossible) to tie yourself to a chair so that you legitimately couldn't escape, but it'd be perfectly doable to make the ropes look good enough, and then pretend you can't get out.

As for the sequel, do you mean when Calvin modified the duplicator to make a purely "good" version of himself? It's been some time since I last read it but I don't recall anything from that one that would require it to be physically happening in the real world. But I suppose we'll get to that storyline in due time, and can hash it out then.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Beat me to it.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Vater und Sohn: The last apple (1935/46)

You silly Americans and your comic strip obsessions over the last leaf. You can't eat a leaf.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

This poor loving dog is us. It's the thread.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:same:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Giant Dian Fossey. :colbert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

giant All Ball

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

Prince Deviant in the Time of King Arfur

Drimble Wedge posted:

Giant Dian Fossey. :colbert:

Hwurmp posted:

giant All Ball
:hmmyes:

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Oh, I hope this storyline turns into Pierre and Libby becoming best buds and just clowning on Wilbur at every opportunity.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

somehow this is going to tie into the cat meowing when wilbur sings and i don't know if it's gonna be the dog makes a sound or doesn't make a sound

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I love to say mildly threatening things to my new perfectly well adjusted rescue french bulldog

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Shugojin posted:

somehow this is going to tie into the cat meowing when wilbur sings and i don't know if it's gonna be the dog makes a sound or doesn't make a sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St7S3YrxqW0

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

readingatwork posted:

:stonk:Blind Alley:stonk:

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley
D^:
Not sure if that needed to be censored but playing it safe. But yeah, this storyline took a surprisingly dark turn and I love it.

:eyepop:

The spiteful crow became tame!

Going to bed in this case is a good idea either way, IMO.

Drakyn posted:

Prince Deviant in the Time of King Arfur

lmao

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Yes, it's weird that they have literally every other kind of food we eat in contemporary Japan but edamame has been memory-holed, just roll with it.

Chako

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

EasyEW posted:

And here we go again...

The lady kinda looks like Dorothy Kilgallen.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Powered Descent posted:

It'd be hard (though probably not impossible) to tie yourself to a chair so that you legitimately couldn't escape, but it'd be perfectly doable to make the ropes look good enough, and then pretend you can't get out.

As for the sequel, do you mean when Calvin modified the duplicator to make a purely "good" version of himself? It's been some time since I last read it but I don't recall anything from that one that would require it to be physically happening in the real world. But I suppose we'll get to that storyline in due time, and can hash it out then.

The "good" duplicate literally talks to Susie at one point and we see Calvin still at home after it goes to school (I suppose the first one could be explained though it'd make Calvin look a bit schizophrenic but the last one can't).

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Those Cooper faces are great (and make me miss Gil)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

I've been skipping these anyway, but this is pretty much unreadable.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Did Norm Feuti's new comic strip ever actually materialize? I could have sworn he was going to do one about Not-Dollar-General at some point.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Kennel posted:

I've been skipping these anyway, but this is pretty much unreadable.
Yeah, I've been wavering on whether to skip ahead, this clinches it. In another couple of issues, the quality goes up (from ~22 MB an issue to ~60 MB), so I think I'm gonna skim down to just the Ripley's and any other large print big panel ones from now until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Bogor