Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Mister Olympus posted:

When do the Lich quests even start? I kind of expected the mentor to teleport in and start doing wizard things but I haven't even gotten a hint. Nothing in the chapel basement either

He pops up as a strategy room event after like two days and tells you to build a Ziggurat.

EDIT: Also, just found a shirt that reflects attacks when you're under 50 HP (Ravaged Long House, guarded by a special Bodak). Seems like a solid Last Stand combo.

Offkorn fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Sep 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Felt pretty proud of myself, as a bad player, defeating the market square summoned miniboss first go with relative ease. Only to discover the supposed loot isnt there. Almost certainly a bug caused by summoning it and coming back to fight it later I imagine. Ah well, guess Seelah is sticking to a normal heavy shield for now then.

edit: its not actually the miniboss just an optional encounter. Got mixed up with another one a bit later on

Rycalawre fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 26, 2021

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I'm glad to get good news about the Greatswords.

Can you actually start multiple romances at the same time, and eventually have to pick one, or if you start one does it close down the other ones
at that point?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Rycalawre posted:

Felt pretty proud of myself, as a bad player, defeating the market square summoned miniboss first go with relative ease. Only to discover the supposed loot isnt there. Almost certainly a bug caused by summoning it and coming back to fight it later I imagine. Ah well, guess Seelah is sticking to a normal heavy shield for now then.

edit: its not actually the miniboss just an optional encounter. Got mixed up with another one a bit later on

It's not the boos that has the mithral shield, it's the dead crusader near it

Comstar posted:

Can you actually start multiple romances at the same time, and eventually have to pick one, or if you start one does it close down the other ones
at that point?
You get a 'make a choice' scene. Exception to that is the Queen, who breaks up with you if you have other romance active.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Agnostalgia posted:

So I finally beat this game, and I just have one question.

Why the hell does Mephistopheles have a character model like 4 times as detailed as anyone else, including actual major characters?

Could be they intend to retain the model for future adventure paths.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Rycalawre posted:

If you're talking about the mithral shield, this happened to me too. And yeah, I did the same thing of summoning it and coming back later.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Rycalawre posted:

seconding that the same thing happened to me. There was no crusader nearby to loot in my game.

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

Anyone else have a bug where you unequip Finnean and he disappears from your inventory? I still have the option to talk to him, and I think he was upgraded after an encounter recently, but he is nowhere to be found.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

I do appreciate that the romances don’t seem to be exclusive. My Trickster, who looks disturbingly like the Riddler, has boned down with Daeran and Cammy so far as is showing no signs of stopping.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

rojay posted:

Anyone else have a bug where you unequip Finnean and he disappears from your inventory? I still have the option to talk to him, and I think he was upgraded after an encounter recently, but he is nowhere to be found.

Finnean is never in inventory, when you unequip him he vanishes back to his special menu (from whence you can equip him again. That purple line isn't a separator, it's a drop down menu.).

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Beefeater1980 posted:

I do appreciate that the romances don’t seem to be exclusive. My Trickster, who looks disturbingly like the Riddler, has boned down with Daeran and Cammy so far as is showing no signs of stopping.

Yeah, my Azata halfling has been a complete manwhore. He’s boffed Daeren, Sosiel and Camellia pretty much concurrently.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

JamMasterJim posted:

It's not the boos that has the mithral shield, it's the dead crusader near it

Yeah the crusaders bodies seem to vanish if you summon then return to fight the vrock later so no loot.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Camrath posted:

Yeah, my Azata halfling has been a complete manwhore. He’s boffed Daeren, Sosiel and Camellia pretty much concurrently.

I do wonder about this because Camellia seems like the type who might both (a) get jealous; and (b) do something quite permanent about it.

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

Kobal2 posted:

Finnean is never in inventory, when you unequip him he vanishes back to his special menu (from whence you can equip him again. That purple line isn't a separator, it's a drop down menu.).

Thanks!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Where can I buy raise dead scrolls in act 4?

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Camrath posted:

I mean, an adventuring party is a group of people who rely only on each other and are keenly aware that they could die or worse tomorrow. Sure they gently caress, whenever their individual weirdness isn't mutually repulsive.

That's not great to focus on in tabletop, because urgh. But in a single-player game, sure.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

So, Blackwater. Blackwater is some real bullshit.

Forget about the enemies for a second. What's up with the constant lightning spam at seemingly random intervals? Sometimes it triggers when I kill someone, sometimes it triggers when I hit someone, and sometimes it triggers when they hit me.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Offkorn posted:

So, Blackwater. Blackwater is some real bullshit.

Forget about the enemies for a second. What's up with the constant lightning spam at seemingly random intervals? Sometimes it triggers when I kill someone, sometimes it triggers when I hit someone, and sometimes it triggers when they hit me.

You can use trickery to disarm the lightning turrets.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

HukHukHuk posted:

You can use trickery to disarm the lightning turrets.

Didn't see anything interactable there, and the battle started immediately on entering the place.

Turns out though that while the enemies here are indeed some incredible bullshit, they also have a major weakness: Stinking Cloud. No poison immunity, lol. Also, you can just snipe the Salamanders from the overhead platform and they can't reach you.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

so using the gold dragon path option on dracolich Terendelev is just a story thing, spoilered character doesn't appear again?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Trying to see how these augmented demons in Blackwater are still not just pure insanity even with the Electricity weakness. Infinite vampiric touches, 40+ AC, hundreds of HP, 14+ saves, 16+ BAB....

These are NOT level 11 enemies. The levels are clearly a lie.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Offkorn posted:

Trying to see how these augmented demons in Blackwater are still not just pure insanity even with the Electricity weakness. Infinite vampiric touches, 40+ AC, hundreds of HP, 14+ saves, 16+ BAB....

These are NOT level 11 enemies. The levels are clearly a lie.

if your frontliners don't have touch ac in the 30s by now you should just accept that you're not prepared enough

and lower the difficulty

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Beefeater1980 posted:

I do wonder about this because Camellia seems like the type who might both (a) get jealous; and (b) do something quite permanent about it.

Why would Camellia be jealous of someone who's just a friend?

if you take her to the lich choice for "kill your lover" she flips the gently caress out insisting there is nothing going on and you are just friends

Speaking of quite permanent things, how many people can you as the swarm "consume" for the permanent stat/ability increases? Based on the list of greyed out "requires Swarm Mythic path" it seemed like there were at least 5-6 non party members you could consume.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 26, 2021

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
About Woljif and Finean

I'm playing a second playthru, and I forgot about Woljif in the basement before defending the Inn and now Woljif disappeared. Can I still get Finean at that magic shop or am I locked out forever of getting that location? I don't really care about Woljif cause I didn't like him in my first playthru, but I forgot his questline is connected with getting Finean.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Kaedric posted:

seconding that the same thing happened to me. There was no crusader nearby to loot in my game.

You don't actually need to kill the Vrock to get the shield. If you summoned it, when you go to leave the Market Square and you get the big list of leftover loot those crusader corpses will be on that list and you can loot the shield from that interface. Seem to be treated as normal corpses so I guess they despawn along with their loot once the tavern attack happens and the zone is refreshed.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I was catching up on this thread and saw many people cursing out the annoying crystals that just perma-stun your whole party. If you are a lich and take the ability that lets you drain 1 point of str/dex/con or 1 point of int/wis/cha whenever you hit with a spell and choose the second one, you can instantly kill all of the crystals with one spell because apparently they only have 1 of one of those mental stats. That ability with magic missile spam is great also, because every cast you'll drain a ton of stats from the target, which will weaken anything that isn't immune to magic missile very fast.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ojetor posted:

You don't actually need to kill the Vrock to get the shield. If you summoned it, when you go to leave the Market Square and you get the big list of leftover loot those crusader corpses will be on that list and you can loot the shield from that interface. Seem to be treated as normal corpses so I guess they despawn along with their loot once the tavern attack happens and the zone is refreshed.

I tried to kill that vrock a few times but I couldn't even strip it's mirror images between it's actions. It also amuses me in these games how npcs don't react to anything as I ran it over to the inquisitor and no fucks were given. So I just wrote off the shield and was excited to see it just show up in the left behind loot screen

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Hey gang, I got a Lich question that I think I already saw answered in this thread but can't find it.

For the final transformation, is there a checklist for doing it to where Zach isn't crazy pissed off at you by the end? Also: is there a way to do it without losing attribute points? Also, I haven't upgraded my Radiance at all, does that matter or no?

Thanks.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Azhais posted:

I tried to kill that vrock a few times but I couldn't even strip it's mirror images between it's actions. It also amuses me in these games how npcs don't react to anything as I ran it over to the inquisitor and no fucks were given. So I just wrote off the shield and was excited to see it just show up in the left behind loot screen

Big pro tip for the early stuff like this: pre-buff lann, give him finnean, have him open the fights, and make sure to use his "extra attack" power liberally. You can also use it alongside his ability that improves his to-hit for 1 attack. The other thing for mirror image is that attacks that its immune to still will strip mirror images, so stuff like acid splash (ranged touch, no sr) are really good if you don't have a disable you're trying to land. Really though, with enlarge and +4 str/dex and a bless potion lann should basically just poop out damage fast enough to kill it in a couple rounds.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Is the 50 foot sword of heaven buff broken? It doesn't appear on my bud list anymore, even for the caster.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Average Bear posted:

Is the 50 foot sword of heaven buff broken? It doesn't appear on my bud list anymore, even for the caster.

Yes.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Oh darn, time to Respec my character. Oh, nevermind, that's broken too!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The Azata Incredible Might buff also appears to be missing though the shared version still works.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Terrible Opinions posted:

The Azata Incredible Might buff also appears to be missing though the shared version still works.

I was using it before switching to gold dragon, and it did look like I got the bonuses, it just didn't show them on any tooltips for reasons, there was a noticeable difference when it was toggled.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Terrible Opinions posted:

Incredible Might is working but it doesn't show up correctly on the character sheet. The combat log numbers only added up when it was taken into account.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I didn't have much trouble in Blackwater. After the first turret went off I kept a permanent Protection from Electricity going which shut down the trap and let me throw lightning bolts around more freely. Remember you can use coup de grace to finish off foes with weird regen abilities. I'm not sure if you can rush the bracers that give extra lightning spells early in the dungeon but it'd help a lot.

Blackwater is actually one of my favorite dungeons so far. I loved the weird scifi bits and it was a nice size. I think most dungeons in both this and KM overstay their welcome. Too often in these games you hit a point of repeating the same trash fight too many times and rummaging through the same looking prefabs for crappy loot and I'm ready to move on well before the end.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I found some doors there that I never figured out how to open, did I miss much?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

It took me like half an hour to realize you can (and must) just walk through that electric field at the end of Blackwater.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I am an idiot, I've been fretting about my mythic path in my second play through because I dont want to lose certain party members based off the path I took. I could have just built a recruit that has the same build as that companion, or someone even better.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Is a melee Dragon Discipline playable in this? And how would you do it?