Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the hell do you upload a picture from your mobile nowadays? Imgur seems to refuse to allow it and I really want to share a picture of a ballot vote here in Portugal.

Today is election day and someone decided to write "gently caress you, bitcoin fixes this" on their paper vote.

Mind you, he wrote in English, on a Portuguese election.

He also has near daily YouTube stream monitoring bitcoin prices and of course, he says its great if the price goes up and it's also great if it falls.

I can't understand these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Imgbb is my go to site

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mans posted:

How the hell do you upload a picture from your mobile nowadays? Imgur seems to refuse to allow it and I really want to share a picture of a ballot vote here in Portugal.

Today is election day and someone decided to write "gently caress you, bitcoin fixes this" on their paper vote.

Mind you, he wrote in English, on a Portuguese election.

He also has near daily YouTube stream monitoring bitcoin prices and of course, he says its great if the price goes up and it's also great if it falls.

I can't understand these people.

use awful.apk if you're on android, there's a built in imgur button that hooks their API with a minimum of bullshit.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571717

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
The Awful app on Android integrates imgur uploads

EDIT: :argh: ^^^

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

vortmax posted:

The Awful app on Android integrates imgur uploads

EDIT: :argh: ^^^

I almost exclusively use Awful on iPhone to browse here. Any help for the same question?

If I want to share a pic I save to phone, upload via imgur, copy location of file to clipboard, and (usually) add link to photo with correct [tag] depending on how big the pic is.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

DerekSmartymans posted:

I almost exclusively use Awful on iPhone to browse here. Any help for the same question?

If I want to share a pic I save to phone, upload via imgur, copy location of file to clipboard, and (usually) add link to photo with correct [tag] depending on how big the pic is.

Tap in a blank space in a new post, then the [ img ] button, and you’ll get camera and photo library options.

Photo library can be kind of hit and miss if you use iCloud photos, but if you go to the Photos app and hit the share button, there’s a “copy image” option built into iOS. If you have a picture copied on the clipboard, the Awful image options will also have “paste” along with camera and photo library.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I use discord cuz I’m weird

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Dawncloack posted:

Hi! So... apparently China made all bitcoin-related transactions illegal.

And that, my friends, is good for bitcoin.

Have I got news for you!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-banning-crypto-transactions-great-news-for-bitcoin-investment-firm-ceo-210725512.html

quote:

Bitcoin (BTC-USD) may actually benefit from China’s recent decision to ban all cryptocurrency transactions, according to Ross Gerber, Gerber Kawasaki Wealth & Investment Management CEO.

“This is great news for bitcoin,” Gerber said. “The last thing we want is China [to be] involved in a currency of the world.”

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

“The last thing we want is China [to be] involved in a currency of the world.”

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Dewgy posted:

Tap in a blank space in a new post, then the [ img ] button, and you’ll get camera and photo library options.

Photo library can be kind of hit and miss if you use iCloud photos, but if you go to the Photos app and hit the share button, there’s a “copy image” option built into iOS. If you have a picture copied on the clipboard, the Awful image options will also have “paste” along with camera and photo library.

Wait wait wait wait... I can just link to a photo from my iCloud library to embed here? Because I've been uploading them to IMGUR like a fool.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

I agree, the last thing we want is *anywhere* to be involved with Bitcoin. Ban it everywhere to maximize the benefits to Bitcoin.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Laserface posted:

a few bands/artists i follow have been late to the NFT game and are rightfully getting loving dunked on in the comments section.

its good.

It's a phase all teenager go through. When they're finally adults, they'll no longer care about music. Don't worry.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Parkingtigers posted:

Wait wait wait wait... I can just link to a photo from my iCloud library to embed here? Because I've been uploading them to IMGUR like a fool.

Awful app uploads them to Imgur for you, it’s not a direct iCloud link, sorry if I made it sound that way. Where it can get weird is if you have a photo offloaded to the cloud for optimized storage, sometimes Awful kicks back weird upload errors, but Copy Photo seems to fix it pretty consistently.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
So, did you buy bitcoin yet, or are you waiting until the price goes up first?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

poo poo, is it time to buy?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Bloomberg: Chinese Regulators Are Serious About Crypto Ban This Time

quote:

In statements that were the most extreme and unequivocal so far, authorities on Sept. 24 said crypto transactions in China are banned and they will root out mining of digital assets. Almost immediately, the popular offshore exchange Huobi stopped allowing new users to register with a mainland China phone number and in a statement Sunday said it would "gradually retire existing mainland China user accounts" by Dec. 31.

"While this is not a surprise as China has 'banned' crypto many times in the past, this time there is no ambiguity," said Henri Arslanian, PwC crypto leader and partner, on Twitter. "Crypto transactions and crypto services of all kind are banned in China. No room for discussion. No gray area."

The People's Bank of China issued its Friday missive along with nine other institutions, including the supreme court, the police and the internet and securities watchdogs, a signal that enforcement may come from all corners. It also closed the longstanding loophole that enabled citizens to maintain accounts with offshore exchanges such as Huobi, and forbid the platforms to hire locally for roles like marketing, tech and payment, limiting their ability to serve Chinese customers.

Regulators also specified that the stablecoin Tether, along with Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies, is not fiat currency. It's a new recognition of the role that stablecoins play in crypto-to-crypto trading, and a sign that regulators are newly interested in that activity, even though it may not affect the yuan directly.

Who knows whether this one'll stick, but at least its fun to watch the cage get rattled.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

It's a phase all teenager go through. When they're finally adults, they'll no longer care about music. Don't worry.

ah yes, music. exclusively the realm of children. morons.

All About Trout
Jul 17, 2007

nothing could be better for a currency than it being unable to interact with the second largest economy on earth and 18% of the world population

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If bitcoins are outlawed, then only outlaws will have bitcoins!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Laserface posted:

ah yes, music. exclusively the realm of children. morons.

Children are indeed pretty dumb, but that seems a little harsh.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
dubstep on the blockchain, pm me to get in on the ground floor

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Dewgy posted:

Dammit I’ve been doing my round-the-world method for a decade. I just learned how to do the “ ° “ this year even though a lot of my posts from 2005+ are in the Cigar/Pipe thread where temperature comes up a few times a year.
Thanks!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

dubstep on the blockchain, pm me to get in on the ground floor

Idk if ur serious but there already is a soundcloud-esque startup using the blockchain to verify song ownership. How thats useful, and how it can be enforced, were questions they didn't answer when I asked

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
The author of Rich Dad Poor Dad says the stock market will crash and bitcoin will be banned soon. Guess it's time to invest in privacycoins

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/118753/bitfinex-just-spent-23-7-million-in-fees-to-make-one-ethereum-transaction

I don't really understand it but my bit coiner friend linked it to me.

"A wallet belonging to crypto exchange Bitfinex just paid $23.7 million in transaction fees to send $100,000 of tether (USDT) in what was a bit of a slip up."

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

This is good for Bitfinex.

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
Bit of a slip up. Just a little whoopsie doodle. A bit booboo

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

scopes posted:

Just a little fucky wucky

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Bronze Fonz posted:

This is good for Bitfinex.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

looking forward to eth 2.0 sharting

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wow Citibank were early adoptors of the blockchain philosophy then

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

scopes posted:

:bitcoin:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Does anyone follow the wintergarten channel on youtube? I had been watching it a bunch until Martin made every video about what a visionary elon musk is and how crypto is going to replace github. Very annoying!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Salt Fish posted:

Does anyone follow the wintergarten channel on youtube? I had been watching it a bunch until Martin made every video about what a visionary elon musk is and how crypto is going to replace github. Very annoying!
you're talking about the marble musical instrument channel right? i haven't really seen anything about elon but i kinda stopped following him because the entirety of his content rests on him continuing to "refine" the marble playing instrument. it will never be done because there's always something that can be "improved" and if there isn't then that's a problem because that means no more content for the channel.

don't get me wrong. the thing is amazing and i think i watched a bunch during covid last year but... like there's no end to it. there's always a more efficient way to move marbles around or to catch them or to hit them properly against an instrument.

-----------

anyways a tweet
https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1443387283269304322

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

really makes u think

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

who could of seen this coming?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm an NFT art expert. I look at pixels under a magnifying glass, and can tell you if pixels are fake.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Paladinus posted:

I'm an NFT art expert. I look at pixels under a magnifying glass, and can tell you if pixels are fake.

PROVE to me what Ivy League University you received your Ph.D in Photoshop and Master’s Degree in Pixels and I will put you in charge of my NFT museum’s acquisitions department. I will accept a fax of your diploma and a few letters of recommendation from Opensea and Buttmaster420 before discussing salary (crypto-based, of course).

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

demanding all these documents seems awfully invasive of their privacy. maybe you should just use a trustless blockchain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Paladinus posted:

This is why NFTs are all stored in lossy .jpgs so that all copies are inferior, you see :pseudo:

I am now the world expert in NFT verifications which has nothing to do with me hitting the 🔎 button in photoshop a bunch of times. Please pay me money.