Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Define "fine" here

Alive and mobile (also they only used the knife to eat the pie so it’s possible they’re still roughly the same mentally without it as well)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Queen says it takes determination to open a fountain, but Kris does it without a SOUL which Undertale led us to believe is where determination comes from

Well, we know of at least one plant that had plenty of Determination and no SOUL...

Not exactly connected, but I don't think it's a fluke that Spamton was obsessed with reaching/piercing to [heaven], refers to his 'free' NEO form as [heaven]LY and the goal of the heroes in the prophecy is to "Banish the ANGEL'S HEAVEN". Something's going on that relates this level of narrative self-awareness to this concept of 'heaven', let alone the obvious influence of Gaster on Jevil and Spamton. We also don't know what exactly this Angel is either. Probably nothing good.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when the heart isn't in kris ralsei is controlling kris. also ralsei can't be trusted

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Larryb posted:

Alive and mobile (also they only used the knife to eat the pie so it’s possible they’re still roughly the same mentally without it as well)

Possible they also opened the computer lab fountain.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

didn't know Kris had a twitter account

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Krismoss

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kris loves playing creepy practical jokes on friends.

All the creepy meta poo poo Kris does - including the knife-pie fakeout - is just practical jokes being played on you, the player.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Ruffian Price posted:

didn't know Kris had a twitter account

Isn't that the plot of The Stanley Parable?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

oddium posted:

when the heart isn't in kris ralsei is controlling kris. also ralsei can't be trusted

Even before his dubious actions this chapter Ralsei has been all cutesy affects without any of the goofy poo poo or pathos that grounds the other characters, someone that cloyingly wholesome has got to be hiding something

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Determination isn't a human- or soul-only thing, Undertale makes that plenty clear. It's just that human souls seem to have a higher capacity for it.

Undyne, Flowey, and the various melted monsters in the True Lab demonstrate it in various ways.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

DanielCross posted:

So, super dumb thought I had recently: Do we know that Deltarune Asriel is a goat monster, or are we assuming that based on Undertale? Like, any photo of him we examine and anyone we talk to about him only ever say "your brother," and honestly, I think if anyone (especially Noelle) recognized Ralsei as "looking like Asriel," they'd make a bigger deal out of it. So far, the closest we've gotten are some kinda vague and off-handed remarks about "He kinda looks like..." without specifying who he looks like, they could easily be referring to how he resembles Toriel and Asgore.

This theory doesn't really have anything to support it beyond the relative non-reactions of Lightners to Ralsei's appearance, but it still kept rattling around my head.

Turns out Deltarune Asriel is a plant-like flower monster so nobody stands even a remote chance of thinking Ralsei looks like him.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Gonna laugh when day 7 rolls around and Photoshop flowey stomps off the bus and gives kris a big hug

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Went back to chapter 1 to try my hand at Jevil and he's kicking my rear end lol.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
So what's going to be the equivalent of Pie theory for the ending of Ch 2?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Fangz posted:

I don't think there's any innocent explanation for that tbh

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fangz posted:

Kris just wants to hang out with all his light and dark world friends at the festival theory

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm looking forward to interactions between Ralsei and Toriel. I expect Ralsei to constantly seek her attention and approval. She will either treat him like the stranger he is and annoy Kris or really like him and REALLY annoy Kris.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Kris loves playing creepy practical jokes on friends.

All the creepy meta poo poo Kris does - including the knife-pie fakeout - is just practical jokes being played on you, the player.
But also the perfect cover/double psych-out for opening the library fountain. Alphys comments that Kris slept through more of class then usual, feels almost like they had a busier night then just staying up to eat some pie.

Also, not really sure what the practical joke of Opening the fountain in the house is. But personally, I'm skeptical of the "Kris is the Knight" theory. There's enough room for them to be responsible for opening all the fountains, but us witnessing Kris open a fountain shortly after the Queen explained how to do it can be a perfect excuse for Kris only learning it then and there.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Did Berdly's Backstory Make You Feel Bad For Him, Or Was He Still Annoying

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Junpei posted:

It's not like "omg so tragic" but more like "that tracks" and it seems fairly clear he's kind of seen the error of his ways.

I don't know if I found him annoying so much as I saw him as a bit of a jackass. His obliviousness makes for good comedy.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Junpei posted:

Definitely Felt Bad For Him

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Oxyclean posted:

It's not like "omg so tragic" but more like "that tracks" and it seems fairly clear he's kind of seen the error of some of his ways.

Let's not give the guy too much credit.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Junpei posted:

“Or”?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A bit I find humorous is Berdly thinking he's nobly letting Noelle down gently in her one-sided crush for him.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fangz posted:

they didnt slash the tires, they just ate all the sugar in the car.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I was always fond of this part:

quote:

\E5* Ahh^1, dear Susan. So enigmatic in her ways./

\E4* But I can read her heart^1, Kris. Like a health meter./

\EF* And it's beeping..^1. for love./

for being a bird, berdly is as dense as a brick

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Piip piip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7y6XJ5Kek

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Junpei posted:

berdly is still a teen so while he is very annoying still, he still has a lot of capacity to course correct and now also good friends to help him do it

burgerpants is bad end berdly

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like how Berdly really falls for Susie because she's a true gamer girl, but doesn't seem to know Noelle is one too.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like how Berdly really falls for Susie because she's a true gamer girl, but doesn't seem to know Noelle is one too.

Noelle plays all her games on a handheld, which makes her a mobile gamer!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ivypls posted:

berdly is still a teen so while he is very annoying still, he still has a lot of capacity to course correct and now also good friends to help him do it

burgerpants is bad end berdly

hey now burgerpants is a teen too that’s just what the service industry does to you

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also Berdly's prospects for making something of himself out of high school are much higher than Burgerpants'. BP crashed and burned immediately.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Berdly is cool and good, love that dude.

Also, don't be so hard on Burgerpants. He's a melodramatic 19 year old, which is hilarious but feeling depressed and having a crappy job as a teenager doesn't mean he's wasted his entire life (despite what he thinks).

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i would give bpants more credit if he weren't currently being catfished by a deep fried jpeg of a slice of pizza

Ivypls fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 27, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

dmboogie posted:

hey now burgerpants is a teen too that’s just what the service industry does to you

I've worked in food services before, several hours into a busy shift with no end in sight and I probably looked and sounded Burgerpants too.

The hardest work I ever did was for minimum wage.

Edit:

Ivypls posted:

i would give bpants more credit if he weren't currently being catfished by a deep friend jpeg of a slice pf pizza

God, I am so excited to see where that plotline leads. It's going to be a disaster, I feel like I'm looking at the Titanic just before it hits an iceberg.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 27, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Berdly's stupid enthusiasm aftr he joins the party is hilarious and amazing.

There's potential for him to become a good friend.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
berdly’s etymological classification is Dorkus Malorkus but he’s basically harmless when all is said and done, aside from his attempt to create a new fountain, which had enthusiastic support from half the people present anyway

his angst also pretty realistic in its pettiness, it’s been a while since I’ve seen a character who’s freaking out because they built their identity around A-pluses and know those times are quickly ending

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

berdly’s etymological classification is Dorkus Malorkus but he’s basically harmless when all is said and done, aside from his attempt to create a new fountain, which had enthusiastic support from half the people present anyway

his angst also pretty realistic in its pettiness, it’s been a while since I’ve seen a character who’s freaking out because they built their identity around A-pluses and know those times are quickly ending

Yeah, Berdly was basically acting on the consensus of at least Queen and Noelle, probably Kris, and maybe Susie as well that popping open another Dark Fountain and turning the whole world into everyone's personal fantasy realm was indeed cool and good and then they all immediately quit their bullshit once Ralsei outlined what the Roaring actually entailed. So even someone as dense as him was immediately like "Oh gently caress, this was actually a bad idea, nevermind."

rko
Jul 12, 2017
I am amazed by this:

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1173215290349559808?s=21

One prominent musical cue is when Ralsei encourages us to think about what Susie and Noelle are doing, and we cut to Noelle looking out the window, saying, “What a strange moon… / It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before. / … / This world… / … I wish Dess could see this.”

Not saying “Dess Is Missing” theory is confirmed but it sure does fit in with the details nicely. It’s extra cute how the next tweet basically says “Not that this is Noelle’s theme!” Oh Toby.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Berdly's stupid enthusiasm aftr he joins the party is hilarious and amazing.

There's potential for him to become a good friend.

I kinda think Berdly is already a good friend, just an idiot. Who now has a crush on a completely invulnerable target, making him totally harmless from here on out bless his stupid bird heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I've worked in food services before, several hours into a busy shift with no end in sight and I probably looked and sounded Burgerpants too.

The hardest work I ever did was for minimum wage.

Edit:

God, I am so excited to see where that plotline leads. It's going to be a disaster, I feel like I'm looking at the Titanic just before it hits an iceberg.

Nah, toby loves himself a double bluff with a happy ending. It'll turn out to be a literal catfish that burgerpants is nuts fo.