Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

i bet she's a gregghead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince 100% wouldn't have been able to run the money losing tours in enemy territories in the early days of the expansion without being based in New York.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big Dave posted:

i bet she's a gregghead

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Big Dave posted:

i bet she's a gregghead

Pfft I bet she thinks Decker vs. Dracula is Canon.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

omega/danielson was a five-bagger

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

when you've got matches like kenny omega in them, you can't lose

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Does GirlOnCinema think that Vince just started out with a backyard fed or something

Also please remind me never to check out her thoughts "OnCinema", because if she's that brokebrained about wrestling I can only imagine her movie takes are one big ol' "yikes"

The bit from Family Guy where Peter says The Godfather is bad because it insists on itself and thinking it’s a brilliant take, not realizing it’s a nonsense argument and comes from a character who will stick his tongue into a moving fan.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Does GirlOnCinema think that Vince just started out with a backyard fed or something

Also please remind me never to check out her thoughts "OnCinema", because if she's that brokebrained about wrestling I can only imagine her movie takes are one big ol' "yikes"

There ain't a lot there because she gave up on trying to ride the chud outrage grift for films pretty quick since nobody cared and she got zero engagement. Wrestling is actually her 3rd or 4th foray in chud grifting after she flunked out of whining about movies, video games, and comics.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

And her OF presence is a 2 star affair at best.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

There ain't a lot there because she gave up on trying to ride the chud outrage grift for films pretty quick since nobody cared and she got zero engagement. Wrestling is actually her 3rd or 4th foray in chud grifting after she flunked out of whining about movies, video games, and comics.

unsurprising that wrestling fans would be the ones to fall for it, it’s probably the easiest cultural area for that specific type of grift will be successful.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Flunked out of comics? Good lord. I see who they put up with.

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1442239479935287302

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Him calling anyone a simp is impressive. I still can't get over the fact that he admitted that he's nearly 50 and he's this kind of person.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's very telling how the takeaway from Owen Hart's death for the WWE brains was "let's never do zipline stunts again" instead of "hire an actual professional instead of the dude who just watched the actual rigger" and "don't use a quick release clip designed to release with a small amount of pressure".

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I also didn't know Tony Khan plans the Jaguars pregame mascot festivities

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
people were wrestling in the ring owen died in mere minutes afterward but THIS is disrespectful

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"The sheer entertainment here is just off the charts." I mean, God knows it's not to be found in a WWE ring so it ought to be somewhere.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Based in his engagement look at all... five people he triggered.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
He's very clearly just trying to be the Bill Maher of wrestling. The lying provocateur is one of the worst types of human.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

For a guy who tries to trigger outrage clicks and make people mad he's really loving bad at all. His tweets have never landed one punch and he's very easy to bully

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Junkie is whatever but Jobber nation actually believing this was pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1442222916855205895

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Had a quick scan against my better judgement. It's just whinging about AEW, shilling her OnlyFans account, whinging about people whom apparently reckon her content on there is poo poo, and some daring, edgy, BADASS ALERT LEVEL 5 takes like "oh my, I liked a superhero film, what a world!" takes. Like, "yeah, lots of other people apparently enjoy them as well, and there are also plenty of people who make a habit of never shutting the gently caress up about that subgenre of films either, as if we're all meant to be impressed with how brave their takes are. gently caress off, you're not special, you unique little snowflake."

Oh, and some of the usual, pathetic and grovelling "notice me, senpai" Diet Cola Cornette takes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Raidger4/status/1442282378932604935?s=20

LISTEN, WWE had NO OTHER CHOICE BUT to announce Big E's Extreme Rules match on Twitter moments before the show. THEY HAD NO OTHER OPTION!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Calling people simps while literally using a company's name in your handle is peak irony

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/Raidger4/status/1442282378932604935?s=20

LISTEN, WWE had NO OTHER CHOICE BUT to announce Big E's Extreme Rules match on Twitter moments before the show. THEY HAD NO OTHER OPTION!

It really doesn't matter to these people what WWE does, does it? No matter what, in their eyes WWE is always right and above any form of criticism.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
WWE Junkie using the bloated/blown up Jericho pic for his profile just makes me imagine him looking like that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Endless Mike posted:

Calling people simps while literally using a company's name in your handle is peak irony

Coming from a 50 year old that was creeping on GoC in the most simp way possible.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Putting aside everything else about this dumb take, the Jags mascot has been doing this stunt for literally over a decade long before the Khans bought the team

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/1442332256845004800
https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1442326963306184706

In what loving universe did that finish "protect" Finn? :psyduck:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Benne posted:

In what loving universe did that finish "protect" Finn? :psyduck:
Didn't hit him square in his Finn and Balors so he was at least a little protected by the angle

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The Demon falling off the top rope and getting a boo boo on his leg just after hulking up from near death hurts him more than anything else, I don't care if Heyman took a chainsaw to the ropes while Balor was standing up there, it's the same height he'd dropped from like 20 other times that match

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/thelinedrive/status/1442363631207919617?s=19

I too would be entranced by the idea of endless rematches ending with bullshit.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
how do you get 'intrigued' by anything wwe does these days. the answer to 'where are they going with this' is always 'they have no idea' and 'directly off a cliff'

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Help.
https://twitter.com/jwac2046/status/1442319170356584448

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

That was a legitimately good finish. Finn just smashed everybody in the bloodline and lost via freak circumstances. Roman survived the demon by sheer luck, or great planning on behalf of him and Paul.

Anybody who is saying Demon Balor was buried here is flat out wrong. Roman has devoured the entire roster and he needs the fuckiest finish to go over that nobody saw coming.

Everybody decided long ago they would be unhappy with Demon Balor losing, so of course we have the outcry. That finish did an astounding job of protecting Finn and showing cracks in Romans dominance.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The vocabulary of this post seems strange to me.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

and engage with twitter wrestling fans? not on your life bud.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Isn't that kind of the point of a great heel tho? He hooked you, you wanted to see it, believed it, then have it ripped away.

E: it is great booking. It's the same booking that somebody like JBL had. You are sure it's finally over and somehow, someway, Roman wins. You aren't supposed to be happy right now. You are supposed to be pissed and ready to see him lose. Y'all got worked. That's classic heel work. Not "wow so cool, the bad guy one!" It's old school "gently caress I thought he had him." And that is where this reaction comes from.

Runs like this directly lead to Cena, Batista and Daniel Bryan becoming made men that transcended the "reign of terror" they were born from. Part of that means people you want to see win and believe can win won't. You can't build what they are building without believable opponents. Finn himself isn't. Demon Finn? Clearly believable by looking at this thread. It was something to get you to emotionally invest and you did. That's why you are mad. This is a long term story, and WHEN Roman puts over the next face of the company, this will be viewed as a necessary evil to building that moment. For people who supposedly love long term storytelling you seem to be missing it play out in front of your face.

This is a hill I will die on. When you all are red hot for the eventual dropping if the title, remember this. This is what builds to that.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

God, the idea that anyone's reaction to this was "wow, now I really want to watch Roman's next title match"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

All these losses were key to boosting young up and comer *checks notes* Brock Lesnar