Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Horace Kinch posted:

Gog should send her entire wormy mass up Jagg's butt and inflate him like a worm balloon.

Please don't post about your fetishes in this thread thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Yeah, Gog isn't antman, it wouldnt work anyway

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

paranoid randroid posted:

mottoms right though, hes doing this because he feels the exact same kind of pain as her,

e. every single one of them is afraid of being actually eternal

Yeah Jaggs looked disappointed at all the failed attempts to kill him.

The three panels where hes no selling mottoms best PERISH reads as such to me.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:stonkhat:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

Yeah, Gog isn't antman, it wouldnt work anyway

Jagganoth has the kind of cheeks that clap you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah Jaggs looked disappointed at all the failed attempts to kill him.

The three panels where hes no selling mottoms best PERISH reads as such to me.
There are two possible readings here.
1) Jagg was hoping it would kill him and is disappointed it didn’t.
2) Mottom is so drat Royal in this moment that she was able to make the up until now entirely-invincible Jagg uncomfortable for several seconds with a single word.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Mottom had it coming, and so did the dragon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

girl dick energy posted:

There are two possible readings here.
1) Jagg was hoping it would kill him and is disappointed it didn’t.
2) Mottom is so drat Royal in this moment that she was able to make the up until now entirely-invincible Jagg uncomfortable for several seconds with a single word.

I think it's neither; It's more of a "..You done?" impatience thing.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I do read anxious excitement then disappointment, too

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Jagganoth, while immortal, experiences pain. I bet Power Word Perish hurts pretty bad, even if it doesn't kill you. That was how I interpreted his hesitation.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Maybe he actually experienced dying but then came back and that's why he's so cranky looking

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

A lot of emphasis has been placed on the fact that Jagg is invulnerable, but that he feels pain. I am pretty sure those panels were of him grimacing through Mottom's hail mary because it probably hurt like hell.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Jagganoth, while immortal, experiences pain. I bet Power Word Perish hurts pretty bad, even if it doesn't kill you. That was how I interpreted his hesitation.

Edited because I hadn't seen this post. Obviously I agree with this interpretation, lol.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

My interpretation is that Jagganoth is extremely disappointed right now. He's spent untold centuries preparing for this moment, raised vast armies and trained himself in every technique he could master.

Only to face half a dozen idiots who can't grasp the fact that he's invincible and refuse to give up even after their only hope of victory got bullied out of the group.

This was the moment he truly grasped just how overprepared he is.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

nimby posted:

My interpretation is that Jagganoth is extremely disappointed right now. He's spent untold centuries preparing for this moment, raised vast armies and trained himself in every technique he could master.

Only to face half a dozen idiots who can't grasp the fact that he's invincible and refuse to give up even after their only hope of victory got bullied out of the group.

"drat maybe swords really are just ugly pieces of metal after all"

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Pigbuster posted:

None of the main characters are confirmed dead. More importantly though, how would a premonition even really help, here? Everyone's already fighting because they don't have a choice and can't run away. Do they tell Mottom to not be mean to Gog-Agog? And then Gog helps with the spear and then what, we're back to the fight again? Or they inexplicably win and the comic ends on a wet fart of "be nice and you can change the world :)"? There's no way.
The correct move was to give the master key to Jagg at the start of the volume.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

nimby posted:

my dude did all the side quests before the final boss fight

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

With Gog out of the picture it's a 3v3 now.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
FOR YOU, THIS WAS A DESPERATE LAST STAND
FOR ME, IT WAS A GEAR CHECK

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Jagganoth found all 900 pine cones?!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Jagganoth engages his warform and reveals his arms hundredfold. They're all holding Greater Health Potions and he won't use them

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shoehead posted:

I always figure we're in for flashforward/dream/time travel fuckery when things start to get so incredibly out of hand in a story. Its usualy around the point we're most of your main characters are suddenly dead I start to suspect some sort of do over.

I would hate it though, I don't want Abbadon to pull something so cheap, but if there's anyone who could show Allison a future where she fails it'd be Jadis

The demiurges aren't protagonists. They're the guest party members who are really powerful and useful, but can't share gear with you or learn skills for some strange, suspicious reason.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Dude got too caught up in the crafting minigame.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my dude has gold chocobos like you would not believe

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Xand_Man posted:

It's gotta be temporary or else the seven five remaining demiurges would have monochromatic Jackson Pollack painting above their heads

My guess is that the sigils are the words they bear/syllables of royalty. The 777777 keys between them represent the 7 syllables, and the seven demiurges parceled out they keys so each got one, forming a single complete sigil.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Jagganoth engages his warform and reveals his arms hundredfold. They're all holding Greater Health Potions and he won't use them

You mean Megalixirs.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I love how after 5 books of a hyperviolent comic it's only now that you get a "cw:gore"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Darth Walrus posted:

The demiurges aren't protagonists. They're the guest party members who are really powerful and useful, but can't share gear with you or learn skills for some strange, suspicious reason.

All that's left to see is who gets Edea'd and who gets General Leo'd

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Oh I see what's happening here. He's going to find Dave and Dave's key will already be gone, I'm guessing. Handed off to White Chain.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Oh I see what's happening here. He's going to find Dave and Dave's key will already be gone, I'm guessing. Handed off to White Chain.

Turns out a 10 point Ki-Rata technique is 10 middle fingers in full salute.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Captain Oblivious posted:

That would actually be a neat way to take things, and makes perfect sense :hmmyes:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jagg vs. Demiurges White Chain, Maya, Jadis, and Alison

Make it so

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Oh I just realized who else could do the ten point ten finger strike so I bet Solomon shows up, powers up to do it, then incubus backstabs him and asks to get killed last, after they get Gog. something happens with Jadis.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seeing as Ki Rata is basically Hokuto Shinken gone cosmic, there has to be a special combo for passing your techniques and muscle memory to your chosen heir by poking them repeatedly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

Seeing as Ki Rata is basically Hokuto Shinken gone cosmic, there has to be a special combo for passing your techniques and muscle memory to your chosen heir by poking them repeatedly.

"You're already a master"

"NANI?... wait that sounds c-"

*face contorts horribly then goes back to normal*

"cool"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"the power of ki rata was inside you all along, young solomon"

"my daughter is dead"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
"This is where my daughters died, Parappa."

"THIS is where your daughters DIED"

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I really don't think Incubus is ever going to ask to be killed last or surrender to Jagganoth.

His reaction to 'ah, we're starting this early' was to immediately go for Jagganoth with every ounce of his strength.

Incubus is Meti's student who learned precisely how to be poisoned by the sword, the dumb gently caress. He should have become a drunk mendicant just like Meti, he would have done less harm.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

wait doesn't White Chain already possess a minor name of god?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Bilirubin posted:

wait doesn't White Chain already possess a minor name of god?

I'm not sure where you're getting that from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
When White Chain was first interrogating Allison she warned her "I know of the fourth syllable of Royalty."

So no, White Chain does not actually possess a syllable of Royalty but even having a glimmering of understanding of it is apparently super impressive and badass feat to try to intimidate someone with.

(Interestingly, the fourth syllable does appear to be Diamond, i.e. Salami Dave's syllable.)