Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
drat there isn't anyone whose opinion i care less to hear than vince russo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not sure "he loses too much" is why I don't care about Cody.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I swear to god bro

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

-Russo doesn't understand why anyone cares about Cody Rhodes because he loses too much

lol, Russo in touch with today's wrestling fans.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
RD Reynolds going full Craig in that last point.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Imaging looking at Kenny Omega and thinking "man what a bland gimmickless loser"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

-Russo has no memory of Sting's guard bird
Unironically mad about this.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

-Russo: "[Darby Allin] is not going to be cool to a 60-year old." R.D.: "Let me write that down!"
Oh no! What will Darby do if 60 years olds don’t think he is cool?!?!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Drakkel posted:

Imaging looking at Kenny Omega and thinking "man what a bland gimmickless loser"

capital G Gamer is not a character, sorry

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stall_19 posted:

Dave confirmed monster by giving Kenta/Yano Negative 1 star.

BOOO

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
As a bit, i'm going to write in and say that Yano has the best match on every card.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

E: wrong

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

algebra testes posted:

As a bit, i'm going to write in and say that Yano has the best match on every card.

why would you say the truth is a bit

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Highlights from the R.D. vs. Russo about AEW Dynamite Grand Slam:

-Russo hasn't watched any wrestling since he turned 60 in January (except for WWE Raw, which he is paid to do)
-Russo has no memory of Sting's guard bird
-R.D. Reynolds (a fan of AEW) predicted Russo would hate Omega/Danielson since it lasted 30 minute. Russo didn't hate it, but he doesn't care if they wrestle again. That being said, Russo likes Bryan Danielson as a person based on work outside the ring, but is worried about his health given Danielson's injuries.
-Russo thinks Kenny Omega needs a gimmick to stand out
-R.D. could not stop laughing after every time Russo made a disclaimer, which happened a lot
-Russo thinks everyone in All Elite Wrestling is trying too hard to be cool, unlike *various 90's wrestlers*. R.D. Reynolds pressed him, and Russo declared CM Punk as potentially cool, but also mentions he enjoys Hangman Page's and Britt Baker's characters.
-Russo doesn't understand why anyone cares about Cody Rhodes because he loses too much
-Russo: "[Darby Allin] is not going to be cool to a 60-year old." R.D.: "Let me write that down!"

Please tell me Russo had a pitch for vanilla smol boi Kenneth Omega?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Some kind of sex criminal probably.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

"Bro, what if he was..." *Russo briefly bluescreens as he tries to remember a video game character* "...Mario Brother, Bro?"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

"Bro what if his gimmick is that he really, really hates women? Also he's the babyface"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
even tho he's italian russo is def a guy who says "Mare-e-oh"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Says a bunch of opinions about current AEW characters and matches

Hasn't watched anything except raw since january

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Yo his last names Omega. You know what else uses Greek letters? Bro - fraternitiez! We’ll make him a frat boy and he can do keg stands and drink from funnels and h-bomb chicks! Bro this is money!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Yo his last names Omega. You know what else uses Greek letters? Bro - fraternitiez! We’ll make him a frat boy and he can do keg stands and drink from funnels and h-bomb chicks! Bro this is money!

"His finisher, bro, get this bro, it'll be the Spanking Machine, bro!"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Oh god Bryan Alvarez rant on the main event is great and made all the better by Lance Storm calling the Ring Rope breaking a "Malfunction"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan, Lance and Craig saying Balor should sue WWE for an unsafe and hostile work environment was great :allears:

And seriously, did they REALLY open the show with Becky in a video package saying,"On this show anything goes!" only for Becky's match to then end by DQ? :lol:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan, Lance and Craig saying Balor should sue WWE for an unsafe and hostile work environment was great :allears:

And seriously, did they REALLY open the show with Becky in a video package saying,"On this show anything goes!" only for Becky's match to then end by DQ? :lol:

A DQ is anything!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“When was the last time Zelina won a match on tv…”

“Who was the president.. Bill Clinton?”

lmao

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Bryan: "Well they definitely said that <Finn> has been resurrected. So apparently he has been dead."
Dave: "So he was dead, so he's like Jerry Lawler."

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dave "Did the climax climax you?"
2 seconds later
Dave "the climax did not climax me"

Jerusalem posted:

Yes she did and yes it did

The whole package is they talking up the extreme, no rules, no limits etc only for 1 match to have anything of the sort in it.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 27, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Couldn't they just have changed the name of the show if they didn't want gimmick matches? Like, if this was No Mercy 2021 would anyone be mad?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Gaz-L posted:

Couldn't they just have changed the name of the show if they didn't want gimmick matches? Like, if this was No Mercy 2021 would anyone be mad?

This would require them caring one iota about non Saudi PPVs.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Dave was trying really hard to forgive the fact that a PPV named EXTREME RULES only had a single Extreme Rules match on it. Yes, the wrestlers are working hard to put in a good show (within the confines of the WWE style), but when the NAME OF THE GODDAMN PPV is EXTREME RULES, putting on a bunch of normal matches isn’t going to cut it, unless they’re kicking it into the sixth gear like Danielson/Omega! This isn’t on the Dan’s for cheering for tables, it’s on WWE for delivering tue lowest-effort PPV possible!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

WWE don't care about PPVs cause they literally get paid more to make a Saudi show then everything else they do combined that year or something like that.

Between the Saudi Shows and Wrestlemania they're basically just a content farm.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's amazing how hard people try to paint Meltzer as an AEW shill when he goes out of his way to defend WWE.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

It's amazing how hard people try to paint Meltzer as an AEW shill when he goes out of his way to defend WWE.

It's because the Meltzer haters don't actually listen to him and only react to other sites reporting things he said.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Drakkel posted:

Listening to retro Bryan and Vinny talking about 08 era TNA and they talk a lot about Dave dedending and justifying TNA. Hell a long forgotten story from i think 2006 maybe 2007 they keep bringing up was how Dave kept saying TNA waa better than WWECW and should've won worst show and how insane that was. He is overly fair if anything and doeant take hardlines on anything.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Lord of Hats posted:

Dave was trying really hard to forgive the fact that a PPV named EXTREME RULES only had a single Extreme Rules match on it. Yes, the wrestlers are working hard to put in a good show (within the confines of the WWE style), but when the NAME OF THE GODDAMN PPV is EXTREME RULES, putting on a bunch of normal matches isn’t going to cut it, unless they’re kicking it into the sixth gear like Danielson/Omega! This isn’t on the Dan’s for cheering for tables, it’s on WWE for delivering tue lowest-effort PPV possible!

Have we gotten defenders of this poo poo saying "It's called the Royal Rumble, but every match isn't a Royal Rumble!" yet?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Have we gotten defenders of this poo poo saying "It's called the Royal Rumble, but every match isn't a Royal Rumble!" yet?

The first like 5 or so Survivor Series shows they tried having every single match being a Survivor Series match and it was an utter nightmare

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Drakkel posted:

The first like 5 or so Survivor Series shows they tried having every single match being a Survivor Series match and it was an utter nightmare

:wrong: Those were awesome.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why does every reviewer act like extreme rules ppv matches have to be all weapon/table spamming hardcore matches? Coulda did like a cage match, a falls count anywhere match, a tornado tag, a battle royale, just various stips and gimmicks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Why does every reviewer act like extreme rules matches have to be all weapon/table spamming hardcore matches? Coulda did like a cage match, a falls count anywhere match, a tornado tag, a battle royale, just various stips and gimmicks.
I think they did have this, or at least one or two matches would differ from the generic no rules rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Drakkel posted:

Like any good cult, they've indoctrinated people to take any praise towards, or even the mention of the existence of, another way of life different from their own as a threat to their own existence.