Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I joined the Discord thinking it was just a general "these are the goons who play this game" Discord and not "this is the place for our Warden opsec" and just out of a guilty conscience I wordlessly dipped back out again.

Honor system is probably fine and all but still, felt kinda weird. So I bookmarked all of the new player videos under the guides channel and left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Drone posted:

I joined the Discord thinking it was just a general "these are the goons who play this game" Discord and not "this is the place for our Warden opsec" and just out of a guilty conscience I wordlessly dipped back out again.

Honor system is probably fine and all but still, felt kinda weird. So I bookmarked all of the new player videos under the guides channel and left.

I just treat the discord as a place to shitpost, and a backup for when in game voice chat goes down. Which is really sort of an overlap with this thread and the World channel in game, for the first one.

Don't worry about spilling the TERRIBLE SECRETS OF THE WARDENS.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Drone posted:

Eh, if you're on the other side of the map I can't imagine it being a problem. As long as you're not shouting the details of an op going on three or four tiles away in the collie intel channel or switching to the same fight then cross referencing discord not going to be having much impact. Plus lots of goons to answer all the "ok wait, so what button do I need to press?" questions.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Volmarias posted:

I just treat the discord as a place to shitpost, and a backup for when in game voice chat goes down. Which is really sort of an overlap with this thread and the World channel in game, for the first one.

Don't worry about spilling the TERRIBLE SECRETS OF THE WARDENS.

To loosely quote Billy Quizboy : "It’s espionage, you’ve come to steal our great ideas. You’ve been foiled; we have none!" seriously though, don't worry. Like we honestly have no large scale plans, sticking mostly to the eastern side of the map.

Our biggest issue is trying to solve our logistics waiting at the border problem.

Speaking of, Danaan and I have been talking and we really think this is the best solution; those who like to dip in now and then just focus on short term scrapping refinary and transport and those that can who build and fight meet them at the frontline border hexes to pass the stuff on into frontline depot boxes or BB.

It sucks really but the games network code for the moment has bottle necked some fronts and I really don't want to lose our new blood to this issue, the game pop eventually smooths out after the novelty of the new update war wears off and pop drops down to the usual 2000?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Just had my first relatively successful partisan adventure.

Stole a truck half full of bmats, blocked the road with it, killed a scrap runner and dumped their materials before finally being killed by them because I couldn't get out of the area. Pretty fun. It took five tries to get in with a motorboat though, so probably a net loss.

Do stolen trucks show up on intel as friendly or hostile to the original faction?

LightRailTycoon
Mar 24, 2017
Vehicles show as the team of most recent driver

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It is always good fun when a raid succeeds.

So uh, all hands on deck. The MG Tankette and Rocket Geep are here and oh boy the new players do not know or understand, so old Jack Tar is now theirs and they breathing down our neck like a former US President.

So we need to double down on fort Lockheed, make or bring the following:

BMATS.
Sticky Grenades.
Gas Grenades.
Mines.
12.7 MG ammo.
Rifle/SMG ammo.
Shirts.
Med Kits.
Doctor Bags.
Plasma.
Bandages.

Best thing to do is make BMATS and use Kirknell, seaport and freighters to sail right down to the docks just outside our own Bunker Base, Goondor.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
It also looks like devs are dropping their thumb on the tech scale once again, as warden side tech rates have dropped back down to abysmal levels

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright, shoot man stuff going on in Saltbrook area tonight. So get in the line now lets see if we can push them right out now their tankettes are out of diesel/ammo.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Lockheed repelled it’s first attack tonight!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Attack repelled and we got Lockheed garrison houses built up to tier 3, which they apparently should not have been able to? WUH discord is confused about this but we did the thing so it can happen.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well that was quite a night now.

First off, welcome all the new goons and old coming back. Sorry if it was hard getting in, our base was in danger.

Please take the time to get used to our discord and don't be afraid to ask questions here or in it.

And don't be afraid to dip in and out when you can, you don't have to play this entire war. If you do logistics stuff we will use it don't worry.

For those wondering how the hell we're tracking this crazy rear end war with the big map this site is all you will need.

pokchu posted:

Lockheed repelled it’s first attack tonight!

The electric lights of Goondor shine on with goody goodness.

That was a hell of defense HELL, Sigma (STOP TAKING ALL THE CREDIT NERDS) and quite a few other groups turned out to help stem the tide and stop the ultimate evil of a possible future bridge battle. Big props go to our own for preparing with the gear, bringing down FMG, driving down and crewing the armoured cars etc. I got a lot of that recorded.

Not recorded, our four goon group of horrified pancic as we dashed to recrew our cars after one nerd got a lucky gas on us. Thank god that infantry knew those things were killing their Bunkers and kept them from being stolen.

I also killed three dudes in a row with a bayonet outside Saltbrook in a BB trench, new record!

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
After the devs spawning a frontier base on Lockheed's doorstep didn't work, it's magically decided to start snowing across the Eastern side of warden territory. Great!

gently caress!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well we've got BMATS to start making our Winter coats now at least and fires. At least this will clog up the Colonial supply lines a little too.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
And in other news another somewhat popular Twitch streamer jumped into the game in the last few days, on Shard 2 apparently. He's been streaming for about 5.5 hours as I type this post and he's got 28,000+ viewers right now :stonkhat: :stonklol: . His apparent superiority over another somewhat known Foxhole streamer was proven quite quickly after he, on-stream no less, un-bound the key for the normal map in the keys setting after the concept of intel sharing was explained to him :swoon: .

edit: Just as I hit post on this message he got run over by a LCpl driving a truck :aslol:

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 27, 2021

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Okay not a huge streamer fan or anything but props to the guy for dunking the one diva streamer on day 1, class act.

I hope he and his fans populate and keep Shard 2 busy so Shard 1 does not burst into flames.

In other news, the developers attempted to help nudge the Colonials into Lockheed tonight giving them an older BB style fob tent extra spawn but the Pillbox and Ridge were too much even for the help and ISG spam.

Goondor still stands, despite it's utterly crippling dependence on brandy canteens.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Found the goon squad after delivering a few thousand bmats to saltbrook. Got run over by a logi truck and now trying to figure out how to get in with goons on discord. Very intense game.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well we've got BMATS to start making our Winter coats now at least and fires. At least this will clog up the Colonial supply lines a little too.

What do you mean "start"? We already had about 800 coats in Cuttail yesterday, and I delivered a significant fraction to Lockheed.

We're ready.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lead out in cuffs posted:

What do you mean "start"? We already had about 800 coats in Cuttail yesterday, and I delivered a significant fraction to Lockheed.

We're ready.

You assume our army isn't staffed by 1st World War ADD lemmings who love running at MG's with grenades in both hands.

Have some reserves for the reserves.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Dunite posted:

Found the goon squad after delivering a few thousand bmats to saltbrook. Got run over by a logi truck and now trying to figure out how to get in with goons on discord. Very intense game.

Do you need the discord link and/or are you in the in game regiment?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

SeanBeansShako posted:

You assume our army isn't staffed by 1st World War ADD lemmings who love running at MG's with grenades in both hands.

Have some reserves for the reserves.

Mademoiselle Mammon :france:

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I had to switch to the collies. There were just to many Nazis on the blue side and I got sick of hearing them driving around playing the marching songs.

Any green goons?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Krataar posted:

I had to switch to the collies. There were just to many Nazis on the blue side and I got sick of hearing them driving around playing the marching songs.

Any green goons?

I am sorry you came across a handufl of lovely players, try the Paradox goons games discord.

EDIT:

No you know what, I am loving sick of this. Report them. Record them. Pass the clan names over to me or Panzram. They shouldn't be spewing Nazi hate vocal or musical on the crappy VOIP. F1, right click, report.

These settings always give these terrible people the courage to act like this.

But it does not represent the game community. And chances are you'll encounter the same weird people on Colonials too. The actual player community is nothing like these overt dickheads. You will encounter this stuff, if you can't tolerarte it fine but don't make general assumptions or do anything about it.

You will run into equally lovely toxic types who have no political connection at all too. It's just the drat game.

This is why GOON exists, so we've got a chill space to experience the game without negative association.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 27, 2021

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Krataar posted:

Any green goons?

Ugh, I hope you reported the poo poo out of them.

E: I usually play late so it's possible the wehraboos just aren't on when I am, if it's getting worse we could always choose Colonials next war and see how that side is

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 27, 2021

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Volmarias posted:

Ugh, I hope you reported the poo poo out of them.

E: I usually play late so it's possible the wehraboos just aren't on when I am, if it's getting worse we could always choose Colonials next war and see how that side is

Trust me, ONE went over to that side after they burned bridges tanking several offenses and legit starting a civil war with everyone else about a rocket launch site.

You will find Nazis in every game even vaguely themed in 20th century conflicts.

But I've got 700 hours played and only seen them two or three times compared to the hundreds of times the rest of the community were chill and helped. Community has some weird players but it isn't rife with Nazism.

Also keep in mind the game is on sale, being advertised by a big streamer and has a huge content update that brings back players too. So chances are high you are just bumping into the same generic dickheads who ruin all games.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

This was several wars ago, when I first picked it up. I didnt bother checking out wardens post update because it got all my friends to quit. We ran into nazi players daily, this was probably a yearish ago or whenever I was last posting in this thread. I suppose I'll find out how collies are as this war goes on but so far its been pleasant, other than the much larger amount of driving to get around.

Edit: speaking of, the commie colonials just found this guy and now he's getting mass reported.

Krataar fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 27, 2021

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

On the Colonial side so far I haven't seen much Nazi poo poo at all and it's been very surprisingly great, how communicative and just downright decent people have been most of the time. Like, I've experienced more wholesome voice chat moments in the last week playing this game than I have in years in other games.

The worst I've seen on our side was a guy whose name was Oswald Mosley, and another whose name was "Hutler".

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If you want green goons, there's a dedicated wargames goons Discord, and they're collies; does anybody have the link?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We've covered this subject many times before, and like many times before these are my feelings:

These games with these settings will sadly will always attract Nazis, no matter what side you pick. They will be there and force their stuff on you. Your feelings to them are irrelevant. Yes you can walk away and quit and go do something else, but to me personally that is letting them win.

It is ugly, and I despise it to but all you can do is report the players. Record the evidence if you keep coming across them eventually and upload it onto YouTube now right now if it keeps happening too to finally force the developers to do something.

If they don't in a years time if things are worse then sure I'll concede, maybe we'll switch to the other side. But for now we're happy with the Wardens who's actual design and setting are Francophone Romantic as gently caress and I personally enjoy more with certain weapons and vehicles too.

I have played with goons and players for 700 hours and only encountered lovely people a handful of times, barely any Nazis just the usual entitled babby grognards. I'm not quitting to deny them or the Nazis the fun the game has with the other Warden players that are chill dudes.

Judging the player community of this game is impossible now. The text chat channels tone is all over the place and the meme culture bounces back and forth between weird and enduring to weird. I am certain though most of them are equally tired of Nazis and tell them to gently caress off when they run their mouth or act out.

I'm pretty much running this thing solo at the moment, all the other 1st and 2nd generation goons have gone off the reservation due to no doubt many issues. I'm happy to bend over backwards and help out those interested in the game, if they feel the Warden side is not for them that is fine and all. Paradox map goons have a Colonial group set up and could do with the players there.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Here is the thing. Your experiences are valid: your screen isn't full of Nazis. We have, what, three goons, who just joined, and their screens were full of Nazis. Their experiences are also valid. I just got here, and I don't have an opinion one way or the other; you don't do a lot of in-screen interaction when you're logi, other than people asking you to please get off the seaport pad.

If goon newbs are saying "I keep running into Nazis", then Wardens have a problem, and we shouldn't say "But I haven't seen lots of Nazis." We should be saying "Here's a step-by-step on how to report." (Which, by the way, I could use; I have no idea how to do it.)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

MREboy check your DM.

Also, I want to point out that KGG and the other French clans love playing their national military marches too now when messing around.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the game. I've had good experiences with the wardens, I am just currently enjoying colonials. Besides I always like an underdog. Usually if SeanBeansShako is posting in a thread I am usually going to enjoy that game. Plus as you can see from my screenshot, Colonials also have those types.

Also who doesnt enjoy the La Marseillaise.

On the game, the new update has made a lot of the frontline bunker stuff easier I think. There was a lot going on in Farranac Coast last night and it was a decent fight.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Drone posted:

On the Colonial side so far I haven't seen much Nazi poo poo at all and it's been very surprisingly great, how communicative and just downright decent people have been most of the time. Like, I've experienced more wholesome voice chat moments in the last week playing this game than I have in years in other games.

The worst I've seen on our side was a guy whose name was Oswald Mosley, and another whose name was "Hutler".

same experience with warden side. You can basically ask any passing pubbie to turn artillery gun and someone will almost always hop on to help you out.
however i can remember 2 times i encountered nazis.
First time it was collie alt yelling about gassing the j while tossing gas grenade at townhall racking up tons of teamkills which helped with identifying and reporting him. This happened during war 79 i think during defense of ogma
second time some guy made racistic remark in voice chat and instantly regretted it as other ppl dog piled on him on voice chat which was good thing to see.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

SeanBeansShako posted:

Paradox map goons have a Colonial group set up and could do with the players there.

For what it's worth, since you mentioned it a couple times: we're very much not an organized group, just some people popping in for games casually occasionally. This is kind of a flavor-of-the-week thing for us and I wouldn't recommend anyone join Colonials specifically because they want to play with us -- there is no organization of any kind here, and in all likelihood most of us will lose interest within a week or two.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
You're gonna find that no matter what color uniform you have on, the problem is gonna be the human wearing it.

Even Summit1G's stream almost came to an abrupt end yesterday when some greenbean started yelling gamer words out across the front. Most you can do is report it, perhaps snap clips of it or screenshot and send it to the Foxhole discord, because within seconds of the incident I talked about earlier, the offending greenbean was banned. Granted, that was when 25k people were watching live on twitch, but let's say they have an interest in maintaining a good image at this moment.

Still, its just a game, so its all about your fun. If you like the color green (and the taste of babies) then I see no issue with you catching the bullets I shoot at you :agesilaus:

Welcome to the great war

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Drone posted:

For what it's worth, since you mentioned it a couple times: we're very much not an organized group, just some people popping in for games casually occasionally. This is kind of a flavor-of-the-week thing for us and I wouldn't recommend anyone join Colonials specifically because they want to play with us -- there is no organization of any kind here, and in all likelihood most of us will lose interest within a week or two.

Eh, fair enough. Maybe something will come out from it for those interested in more than a brief playthrough?

I just want to make sure people know there is an alternative and we're not being purposely weird or one sided about factions or rail roading now.

Some goons play Colonial but they've never gotten anything set up.

A neutral both sides thread post release in the MMO HMO might be worth considering in the future, sadly this thread is doomed with Warden bias.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If goon newbs are saying "I keep running into Nazis", then Wardens have a problem, and we shouldn't say "But I haven't seen lots of Nazis." We should be saying "Here's a step-by-step on how to report." (Which, by the way, I could use; I have no idea how to do it.)

Yup.

OK, so here's the official guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/505460/discussions/0/2576571096287338673/

quote:

If you encounter griefing in the game (i.e. players breaking the code of conduct), use the following guidelines to resolve the issue.

First, try resolve the issue by talking it out with the offending player through in-game text or voice chat. Sometimes, griefing actions are accidental or a result of a simple misunderstanding.

Second, use the in-game report option to report the offending player. To do this, press F1 to get to the player screen then click on the report button on the row of the offending player.

As a last resort, submit a support ticket through this link

And some notes and tips from me for actually using that in practice:

- Lol obviously don't try to "talk it out" with a nazi.

- The in-game report feature is definitely something you should do, but a) it only works if they're in the same hex, and b) it's vote-based, ie you need enough players to report someone and then they get autobanned.

- You can downvote chat messages (there are just-barely-visible up/down arrows next to every one). This eventually gets someone chat-banned.

- You can downvote signposts, which eventually gets them to disappear.

- For built-structure-racism (e.g. the swastika trench systems someone was mentioning): equip a hammer, hit F for upgrade mode, and hover the cursor over the structure. That tells you the username of the builder. Take a screenshot and submit a ticket using the official report page.

- If someone isn't banned for racist chat/signpost/whatever, screenshot and submit a ticket via the report page.

- For racist voice chat, other than trying for vote-banning, you'd need to take video. Attach and submit a ticket via the report page.

LightRailTycoon
Mar 24, 2017

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yup.

OK, so here's the official guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/505460/discussions/0/2576571096287338673/

And some notes and tips from me for actually using that in practice:

- Lol obviously don't try to "talk it out" with a nazi.

- The in-game report feature is definitely something you should do, but a) it only works if they're in the same hex, and b) it's vote-based, ie you need enough players to report someone and then they get autobanned.

- You can downvote chat messages (there are just-barely-visible up/down arrows next to every one). This eventually gets someone chat-banned.

- You can downvote signposts, which eventually gets them to disappear.

- For built-structure-racism (e.g. the swastika trench systems someone was mentioning): equip a hammer, hit F for upgrade mode, and hover the cursor over the structure. That tells you the username of the builder. Take a screenshot and submit a ticket using the official report page.

- If someone isn't banned for racist chat/signpost/whatever, screenshot and submit a ticket via the report page.

- For racist voice chat, other than trying for vote-banning, you'd need to take video. Attach and submit a ticket via the report page.

Also, shoot them / run them over / crush them with a crane. But report them first.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I'm sorry you guys ran into Nazis. Please report like everyone said but if you feel more comfortable elsewhere that fine too!

All I usually get is PUTAIN DE BORDEL DE MERDE SALOPE etc. while at the seaports, so if you like to learn new French swears, this is the place! It's great fun to confuse them by going full Qubecois.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I watched Summit play last night and ended up buying and playing it. It's pretty neat I have to say, I went to the front line, ran some supplies, tried to help repair a bridge, talked to a bunch of friendly dudes. Neat game, I'll hopefully run in to some SA people and join up soon.

Edit: Summit is playing it again on Twitch right now fwiw, I had no idea about this game and I think he has exposed thousands of people to it.