Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he's a weird thing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

never forget the king of bones

also gently caress them for making the arcana that brings back skeleton king battle pass exclusive

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Aurora posted:

also the weird cleavage censorship

or the fact that one of the units whose outfit they changed they did so badly so instead it now looks like she's wearing assless chaps

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
assless spats

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Assful chaps

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wonder if this art is gonna get mangled

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why are skeletons getting censored?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Wonder if this art is gonna get mangled

Luna being a mecha necromancer would be incredibly funny

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Skeletons signify death and are pretty inauspicious superstition wise. It's the same principle as hotels skipping floor 4.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's mostly an east asian belief right

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i guess theres precedence for luna huh

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean if it was why would the original uncensored images be from Japan lol

I can't speak to the others, but it's a Chinese superstition. Though equating 4 and death is also imported from the Chinese language

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aurora posted:

it's mostly an east asian belief right

Yeah I think this is also partly why there's no Haunted Mansion at Shanghai Disney and they did a magic themed mansion instead.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
as far as ive ever seen googling about this, its preemptive self-censorship for bringing your games/etc into china—its been a tradition for decades but no one really has an example of skeleton depictions getting bopped and there are games from china that use them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it seems likely one game got bopped for it once in 2003 and everyone since has just taken it as gospel

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Censorship chat has me reminded of the man angry that a western release of a game censored an animus's vagina bones.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

*bravely* hes right

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

help squark is making fun of me for being white

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the infamous vagina bones guy was recycling a 2000s fansub meme

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

it seems likely one game got bopped for it once in 2003 and everyone since has just taken it as gospel

mtg cards were doing it in the 90s, funny enough they stopped in the late 00s meanwhile others are still uncertain

just what did they mean by this one

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if they meant normal as in perpendicular to the plane

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
^ trueee

the whole vagina bones thing is that someone on /a/ made a yumekui merry thread coining the term and every reply in that thread was ">vagina bones [reaction image]", a gg fansubber included it a few weeks later in the subs as a joke and it blew up after that as a tongue-in-cheek term.

so the whole 'incels think vagina bones are real' thing is just ignoring that other people have injokes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah that whole thing was surreal as someone who had been on /a/ in the late 2000s.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

El Burbo posted:

that's not me

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

squark may be short also but calling her lord farquaad is a bridge too far

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hi white I'm dad

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i was gonna quote you with it but then i saw space's white len and decided a better course

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

El Burbo posted:

i was gonna quote you with it but then i saw space's white len and decided a better course

your avatar is also very white

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

but white len has white in her name...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

el whito

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Censorship chat has me reminded of the man angry that a western release of a game censored an animus's vagina bones.
1) he was right
2) see what space said

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Had a random shower thought. You know the Akira Bike Slide that every artist loves to reference? Has anyone ever done it with a horse?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I think that would break the horse's legs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Probably I'm just wondering if there's pictures.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
youre searching for pictures of riders breaking their horses legs? thats kinda hosed up bro

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Only hosed up if they're real horses. Cartoon horses doing power slides is funny

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Aurora posted:

never forget the king of bones

also gently caress them for making the arcana that brings back skeleton king battle pass exclusive

RIRIP, is he still a 1-button wonder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

there was a brief time where he summoned skeletons that could rush down lane automatically but they nerfed them into the ground

it was hilarious because you could use lycan aghs on him and the skeletons would be insane