Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I feel like I’m more Pro-Amber than most of the thread, I just don’t understand the language everyone is using as though she is, like, embarrassed or ashamed and seemingly can’t wait to not be part of Chapo anymore. It doesn’t make sense. I’m not saying she can’t go on to have other important works, I just don’t think she needs to surgically remove all the Chapo from her body to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

What do you guys think Virgil is doing right now

kids

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
$30,000 a month on kid-flavored vapes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It would be very strange to walk away from one of the easiest jobs on Earth that pays extremely well.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I feel like I’m more Pro-Amber than most of the thread, I just don’t understand the language everyone is using as though she is, like, embarrassed or ashamed and seemingly can’t wait to not be part of Chapo anymore. It doesn’t make sense. I’m not saying she can’t go on to have other important works, I just don’t think she needs to surgically remove all the Chapo from her body to do it.

"pro-amber"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If Amber's not part of Chapo anymore, who's been V2King her voice into my skull?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

If Amber's not part of Chapo anymore, who's been V2King her voice into my skull?

Amber wrote her book as cover to obtain the headache ray technology and is now using it to broadcast fragments of her thoughts to america at large, clearly.

e: should note I am "pro-amber" so there is no need to beam to me personally

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wizard Master posted:

What do you guys think Virgil is doing right now

Reassigned by his CIA handlers to stop the communists in Chile

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

It would be very strange to walk away from one of the easiest jobs on Earth that pays extremely well.

Brendan did.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He had the hardest job :)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

PostNouveau posted:

Reassigned by his CIA handlers to stop the communists in Chile
Great! Another loving thing that Brendan has to fix! :mad:

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
I wonder if Virgil has like shaved his head and started going by another alias in a new city trying to start a new life or if he's still wherever he was last year holed up playing video games.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Virgil is probably a top 10 D'va player by now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wonder how disappointed he was that Overwatch wasn't third person.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The true story arc of Virgil is that until recently he was a producer level patron of the (formerly) Kotaku Highlight Reel. Shortly after being accused the name in the credits changed from "Virgil Texas" to simply "Virgil" for about a month and is now gone entirely. Tim Faust is still there.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
That was an engaging and reasonably-centered interview. Blago has an air about him that makes him distasteful, but I don't disagree that he was probably stepped on by Obama on his way to the White House.
Nor do I think he did anything wrong per se, but his continued rehashing of such doesn't do his case any credit.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Blago saying "I'm off probation I can do it!" was incredible.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Flaskraven posted:

Three good things about Lori Lightfoot Cum Town according to the Blag
1. She's a woman
2. She's black
3. She's gay

1. adam
2. Stav
3. Nick

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Proust Malone posted:

1. adam
2. Stav
3. Nick

i am a BUG, i am REGULAR OBESE, i am GAY

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/SarahSquirm/status/1442522917036859393?s=20

Worlds colliding. I can't believe they got JAJ. That's wonderful. He deserves a pay-day because his Trump was so loving good, and he used it responsibly.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Boywhiz88 posted:

Worlds colliding. I can't believe they got JAJ. That's wonderful. He deserves a pay-day because his Trump was so loving good, and he used it responsibly.

whoops didn't realize that was the really good Trump impression guy.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Also the woman who makes largely unfunny shorts about diarrhea or whatever

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Crunchy Black posted:

That was an engaging and reasonably-centered interview. Blago has an air about him that makes him distasteful, but I don't disagree that he was probably stepped on by Obama on his way to the White House.
Nor do I think he did anything wrong per se, but his continued rehashing of such doesn't do his case any credit.

Blago's interview kept reminding me of that false tough-guy self-biographer Frey, and his books 'A Million Little Pieces' and "My Friend Leonard". The whole "I'm no angel but I'm tough and you can't break me, man" vibe, the bit about befriending a cool old wise black guy in prison to give you cred, being a faction unto themselves amidst the aryans and hispanics and gangbangers, the part about how all the dealers and killers inside are more real than the fakers and vipers outside.

True, Frey was just a rich frat bro who had so many DUI's he could't avoid jail, and made that small slip-up his recipe for fame and money as he squeezed a fantasy out of it, and Blago is a politician and a party machine guy who was burned when his peers needed to look tough against corruption (and likely replace him with a more pliant name). But the similarities are still there. poo poo, Frey was even 'saved' by his mafia don pal Lenny, and Blago by Trump.

If he wants to write a book about the whole deal, he can just plagiarize Frey's. It'd be fitting.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I thought Frey's books were just anecdotes about all the times that he bawled like a baby.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Boywhiz88 posted:

Someone is definitely gonna try to get both of them fired for being chapo adjacent lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SNL getting desperate to stay relevant.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

dressed in a pants suit, playing piano on stage, singing "hallelujah" but the lyrics are about loving your dad

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wishing JAJ gets to go the Bill Hader impressionist route to mega stardom and not the Phil Hartman impressionist route to Andy Dick tricking your wife into going insane and murdering you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Pharmaskittle posted:

i am a BUG, i am REGULAR OBESE, i am GAY

excuse me
i am homeless
i am gay
i have aids
i'm new in town

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1442543957901148161

Sickening to see all the Chapos celebrating this announcement. Happy to see that at least one podcaster is willing to hold those in power accountable.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Who the hell names their kid Aristotle

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I can think of a trio of comedians better suited to SNL.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I can think of a trio of comedians better suited to SNL.

why buy the cow when you can just steal the milk without its permission

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Heath posted:

Who the hell names their kid Aristotle

Nicomachus of Macedon.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
I refuse to let Amber keep getting away with not podcasting

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I refuse to let Amber keep getting away with not podcasting

Someone should stop her. Or, start her.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Boywhiz88 posted:

Good for Sarah. She's been showing up on podcasts lately, and seems like a good person.

(I'm still not watching Saturday Night Live, though.)

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Goofballs posted:

It was nice to hear from Amber again. Hope she makes it back on to chapo at some point, I'm probably the dissenting opinion but she always cracks me up

I miss her and want to kiss her on her big Wendy Koopa mouth

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sarah's hairstyle makes me instantly hate her and I went back in time and stopped myself from agreeing with her in the Equilibrium episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtaTzFmAabk