Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

yeah this is the fundamental flaw of all crisis actor theories, there's no reason not to just kill people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Riot Bimbo posted:

With the faintest concession that it's possible, I really think Sandy Hook might just be a simple tragedy and shy of compelling and damning evidence, not really willing to feed that beast, since it already works to harasss so many survivors and victims.

Very good point.

You know this was spurned at least in part by an article I happened across saying that a Parkland survivor's father had become a Parkland conspiracy theorist. I wonder how those kinds of things are possible. Surely someone from the Sandy Hook community is a Sandy Hook Truther.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

^^^ CT is weird because Fairfield County is a suburb of NYC that might as well be Westchester, and to oversimplify, the rest is pretty much is that west of the Connecticut River is more NY-like and east of the river is more MA-like (including RI which is basically just MA with a different dialect). I'm pretty sure you can map it out by fans of Yankes, Mets, Jets, Giants, Patriots, Red Sox and end up with pretty solid lines.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

No they were violating 4th amendment that was new. It was not in response to rioting or mass chaos or panic it was in response to a manhunt, also new. Militarized police were roaming empty streets because people were not permitted to leave their homes, that was also new. That didn't even happen on 9/11, although there were many many reports of bombs and vans with bombs all over the city. They actually stopped a white van on the GWB, they closed the bridge - can't remember now what that was ultimately about.
They were also, in a rare violation of the Bill of Rights, violating the 3rd amendment.

Atrocious Joe posted:

I guess boston is unique in that US police normally work alongside racist vigilante groups when implementing martial law, and there was no sign of that after the bombings

at least in real life, reddit did go after that one innocent guy
Never forget the old days when Bostonians drove the Klan out because they felt they could deal with their own n******s.

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Sep 27, 2021

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Grief and loss is powerfully effective at breaking people.

It's that simple. To offer a pretty personal anecdote, my mother ended up in a coma due to surgery complications when I was 17. She was in that state for a couple of months. My father broke. He held on to fatherhood for one more erratic year. Even when my mom woke up, she wasnt immediately the same mentally and he more or less buried her. In the intervening years he developed a conspiracy against him and his family to explain the loss of his job, her poor health, and his mental decline. Today if you ask him, he maintains that he was pushed out of his job for knowing too much, my mom got zapped by G men. That's not even all of it but this isnt the thread to detail it beyond the fact it demonstrates what grief and loss can do.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Very good point.

You know this was spurned at least in part by an article I happened across saying that a Parkland survivor's father had become a Parkland conspiracy theorist. I wonder how those kinds of things are possible. Surely someone from the Sandy Hook community is a Sandy Hook Truther.

Look into the Capitol Riots and you'll probably find a bunch of people who were literally there (and proud of it) who will try to tell you it was all crisis actors.

It makes a lot of sense if you treat conspiracy theories as purposely dumb distractions from actual conspiracies.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

GWBBQ posted:

That makes sense, I'm interested to see what you find. I figured the Wikipedia article was way oversimplified and cherry picked since everything like that tends to be.

The conspiracy theorists are not only total kooks, they're almost universally right wing extremists, anti-government/militia types, and '90s "aim for the blue helmets" people, all in self-inflicted delusion and/or itching for an excuse for violence. I was in a picture with P.L. before the shooting (who is still very much alive and whose name I'm abbreviating to avoid search indexing) and a bunch of these nutcases were on a "truth" blog squabbling about whether I was obviously CGI (to the best of my knowledge, I am not) or whether I was real and they should "talk to sense into" me or "take care of" me (IMO, they should not). These are the same people who vandalize the memorial playgrounds dedicated to children who were murdered in the massacre.

I can throw in a couple of self deprecating jokes now, but at the time it was incredibly disturbing and frightening.

Anyone who claims that any of the victims weren't real either needs to trash the board or explain to me (and to family and close friends of mine) who they were and what happened to the people we never saw again.

It's something that happened physically and emotionally close to me and I only mean to be emphatic in the way I phrased it all, not to come across like I'm yelling at you. I know you're just tacking stuff to the board to see if there's a place to run a red string, but there isn't.

There was a time when the 2nd amendment conspiracy theorists rubbed me all sorts of wrong, before Australia 2021. Although I had been over the years coming to the correct position on gun control (that is, strong 2nd amendment protections) (arm the working class), what's happening there has really gone through me like a bolt. Knowing what I know, what is thread consensus, my suspension of disbelief in all matters related to domestic violent events has grown, well, considerably. I think it's really impossible to know the truth of all things but I am impossibly stubborn, not a fan of question marks. I'm sorry that you went through that experience and I commend you for your tact here. Cheers.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

why would Australia police now freak you out more than US police last June

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0zeauprMJ0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

No they were violating 4th amendment that was new. It was not in response to rioting or mass chaos or panic it was in response to a manhunt, also new. Militarized police were roaming empty streets because people were not permitted to leave their homes, that was also new. That didn't even happen on 9/11, although there were many many reports of bombs and vans with bombs all over the city. They actually stopped a white van on the GWB, they closed the bridge - can't remember now what that was ultimately about.

you know 9/11 was an op cause any real terrorist woulda flown dem planes into the bridges and completely hosed like 20 million peoples ability to move around the metro area for over a decade.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Because I'm still currently free to walk in and out of my home at my leisure? And visit friends and families in theirs? I am not constantly exposed to cops because they're not approaching me asking for my papers yet. I can travel more than 5km from my home. I mean... do you know what's going on in Australia or?

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 01:27 on Sep 28, 2021

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

There was a time when the 2nd amendment conspiracy theorists rubbed me all sorts of wrong, before Australia 2021. Although I had been over the years coming to the correct position on gun control (that is, strong 2nd amendment protections) (arm the working class), what's happening there has really gone through me like a bolt. Knowing what I know, what is thread consensus, my suspension of disbelief in all matters related to domestic violent events has grown, well, considerably. I think it's really impossible to know the truth of all things but I am impossibly stubborn, not a fan of question marks. I'm sorry that you went through that experience and I commend you for your tact here. Cheers.

touch grass buddy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

As an Australian, I can safely say any stuff you hear in the American media about our draconian lockdowns is pretty lol worthy.

Your insane media is literally a joke to us (though it's doing a pretty decent job of exporting insanity.)

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

guess who got replaced bro

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Working class fighting the police in the streets over mandates is fake news, incredible CGI. Brava!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Because I'm still currently free to walk in and out of my home at my leisure? And visit friends and families in theres? I am not constantly exposed to cops because they're not approaching me asking for my papers yet. I can travel more than 5km from my home. I mean... do you know what's going on in Australia or?

I couldn't visit my friends last June because the highways were blocked off and public transit shut down. And where those roadblocks were and when public transit would start again weren't actually stated anywhere.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

This month Chicago made people show their papers to enter downtown because Mexicans got too loud.
https://twitter.com/fidmart85/status/1439016439155855361?s=20

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

When reading PMJ posts, it's important to keep in mind that he hates Black people and doesn't care when they die

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Atrocious Joe posted:

I couldn't visit my friends last June because the highways were blocked off and public transit shut down. And where those roadblocks were and when public transit would start again weren't actually stated anywhere.

This may shock you but I think that is also bad.

However it didn't happen nationwide, certainly not to me. Seems the conversation you're wanting to have is why did Australia 2021 in particular crack ping and not some other thing I probably won't be able to provide you a satisfying answer but I also don't see the point of that conversation.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Chamale posted:

When reading PMJ posts, it's important to keep in mind that he hates Black people and doesn't care when they die

Post receipts.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Because I'm still currently free to walk in and out of my home at my leisure? And visit friends and families in theres? I am not constantly exposed to cops because they're not approaching me asking for my papers yet. I can travel more than 5km from my home. I mean... do you know what's going on in Australia or?

Maybe in theory, in practice as long as you are white you can flaunt the rules and get away with all sorts of super-spreader events. The police barely care and the government would happily let the virus run wild if there wasn't an election coming up.

"Constantly exposed to cops" lol the USA is practically a police state.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Thanks. I'm doing OK now and I can say the same for other people who were threatened; at least I didn't have to go into hiding without contact to the outside world because of threats. I am still in touch with people I mentioned who bear absolutely no responsibility for the shooting and they have overcome the worst of it and are, at least to the extent that anyone can move past something so horrific, living normal lives.

I also took years to find the right position on gun control, and when the bullshit I described started happening, I spent a week or two sleeping with a loaded gun next to my bed because I was genuinely afraid that some of these nutcases would try to pull something like a home invasion (I don't want to get into details of the specific threats I received when they figured out who I am and where I lived, but you can imagine what they were like). I'm no longer at that address and I sleep happily with my guns locked up and safely stored now.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Maybe in theory, in practice as long as you are white you can flaunt the rules and get away with all sorts of super-spreader events. The police barely care and the government would happily let the virus run wild if there wasn't an election coming up.

"Constantly exposed to cops" lol the USA is practically a police state.

You are really bold to say this, oh my God, do you hear yourself? "Well that may be true on paper, and it may be the reality of marginalized groups, but actually white supremacy is still intact so it's no biggie" - Are you serious?

Yes the US is a police state (not practically!) but it actually can literally get worse. Especially for marginalized groups but your precious white people too.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Post receipts.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I really need some of you to stop projecting. I am not the one here advocating for coerced medical procedures, medical apartheid, restriction of movement, requiring two forms of documentation (pass and ID) for normal life, enhanced tracking and surveillance, and all of this poo poo. You are!

We are still talking about an illness with a 1.6% overall mortality from the beginning of the pandemic to now, right? Get a loving grip. Do you know why this poo poo, all of it, is relevant to the Epstein thread? We discuss mass trauma in here. You would've been opposed to passports a year ago, today you will go along with anything anything just to get mommy and daddy to "let you" go outside.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yes I know the phrase "give me liberty or give me death" means nothing to our generation. Yes, I know.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Racism is about oppression. Asians are not oppressed on the basis of their math skills. Benevolent racism only presents an issue when it can be fashioned into a cudgel - the "benevolent" racist trope of "black men have large penis" is employed in service of bestializing, and thereby Othering, black men. Asians are not Otherized in that way because no one is saying, or can say, that other races are not capable of achieving the same level of mathematical literacy (whereas a penis is a biological, immutable fact).

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

You are really bold to say this, oh my God, do you hear yourself? "Well that may be true on paper, and it may be the reality of marginalized groups, but actually white supremacy is still intact so it's no biggie" - Are you serious?

Yes the US is a police state (not practically!) but it actually can literally get worse. Especially for marginalized groups but your precious white people too.

lol

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

idk what you're trying to prove in this post, but you can't honestly look at these posts and say PMJ wants black people to die. or is this a symptom of a covid-thread brained poster trying to post in the epstein-brain thread?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Three posts where I advocate for black people is making the opposite point?

Yes it is racist to transpose black racial biases onto fantasy races, either when it's done by the author or by the reader it is racist in both cases.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

These receipts don't say what you seem to think they say

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Alright, fair enough.

I maintain that PMJ is a poo poo person who keeps buying in to the anti-lockdown narrative pushed by billionaires like Rupert Murdoch and Peter Thiel, while failed covid policies are continuing to disproportionately kill racialized people in the US and around the world. Trump and Biden deliberately allowed covid to spread in one of the largest cullings of Black seniors and disabled people in American history, and PMJ would rather regurgitate the Great Barrington Declaration instead of advocating we protect ourselves and stop the mass death.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Very cool interpretation of events. So wise. I wonder if lockdowns helped the racialized working class? You think so? Even though they are almost entirely made up of "essential personnel" and bore the greatest risk while clerk classes stayed home and ordered off Amazon, yes a huge favor lockdown was to racial minorities! The best! That it also caused millions of them to become homeless and reliant on a dole now expiring. But this is, somehow, immaterial to their mortality? I was posting COVID heterodoxy in this thread saying precisely that black people were murdered in hospitals, on purpose, with COVID as cover but this cannot be entertained by you no no it MUST be the virus-natural-death. The mandates would disproportionately impact racial minorities and the disabled, because they are unvaxxed or unvaxxable in greater proportions than any other group. You would see them removed from public life and employment! You are advocating for harm to them, not me.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

as someone in the US, Australian police beating up anti-vaxxers seems sort of similar to the Assads cracking down on Hama. Doesn't seem great, but I understand why it happened.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
"Biden killed black people on purpose. Now he's on TV saying everyone gets vaccinated so he can finally stop killing black people. We gotta do it!"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

PMJ what do you think of China's response to COVID?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's extra funny because Australian cops actually love doing fascist poo poo just as much as any other cop, but strip-searching random kids and brutalising natives doesn't get the attention of right wing American radio hosts for some reason.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Atrocious Joe posted:

PMJ what do you think of China's response to COVID?

It's bad, OP. It's not very different from the Western countries except more severe in civil restrictions. Similar to most SE countries. Vietnam's response was I think more restrictive still and hasn't let up but it hasn't spared them this wave. Mostly every country with, let's not say power but I think clout works here, responded incorrectly. The best responses occurred in African countries (not all of them, obviously).

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm going to post a good quote from another poster in the covid thread. This is one of the most important conspiracies currently happening, because it's killing millions.

SKULL.GIF posted:

The big thing is the lockdowns in March-May 2020, even as brief and as inadequate as they were, combined with the stimulus payments and the expanded unemployment, threatened to overturn American society and shake loose the increasingly calcified class structure. The people in charge recognized this very quickly and determined that hundreds of thousands of deaths of the underclass and slight-to-moderate destabilization of society was far far far preferable to potentially creating inroads for reduced class disparity.

This is why the current push is utterly focused on getting things back to normal as fast as possible, rather than about eliminating the virus. It never was about saving lives, it was about preserving the status quo. Once it was clear that thousands dying daily wouldn't disrupt the cushiness of the upper class, it was at that exact moment their armies of propagandists began putting out nonstop messaging about how we have to learn to live with the virus, therefore go back shopping, eating at Applebee's, and attending live sports.

Sustaining the privilege bubble of the upper class; that's all this so-called pandemic response really boils down to. They never cared about our lives or our health, not ever in any single way, only potentially the impact of thousands of people dying would have on their privilege and living conditions.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah any of these rich assholes could have opened free clinics like two years ago for less than .05% of their net worth if they actually gave a poo poo. They do not.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Chamale posted:

I'm going to post a good quote from another poster in the covid thread. This is one of the most important conspiracies currently happening, because it's killing millions.

I stopped after one sentence, sorry. No the capitalists did not hand the working class the ropes they would be hanged from. Ridiculous naivety, the USGov knows precisely what it is doing and why it is not loving bumbling, sleepwalking, erring into these positions. How? How would that happen? Those weren't victories won by the working class! The masses didn't take to the streets or strike or blow up anything to receive a loving pittance in exchange for being unemployed! Massive numbers are not going back to working and the expansion is gone and no more stimuluses are coming. Many of those jobs are not coming back at all. They were loving bribes, come on.

Being reliant on government money doesn't ever empower people. They can cut off your money. Same way your parents can take away your allowance when you misbehave, even though you were very proud of buying a candy bar with your "own money" you can't buy one this week because you swore at the dinner table.

PS That money the government handed out? It was your loving money. It was public funds. So it's more like giving your parents your newspaper route money to help with bills and then they give you your allowance.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Sep 28, 2021

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rich people dgaf and don't have to because they can just get an injection of super-drugs like Trump did.

All that matters is number go up.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

PMJ, I'm trying to assume that you're arguing in good faith like I did with my post about the alleged SH conspiracies (this being one of the rare times that I didn't just snap at someone for "just asking questions" and answer with "go gently caress yourself" and treat whoever was asking it as both outwardly hostile and completely detached from reality. You're making it very difficult for me to keep making that assumption. Please take some time to cool off and think about what you're saying before you post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

GWBBQ posted:

PMJ, I'm trying to assume that you're arguing in good faith like I did with my post about the alleged SH conspiracies (this being one of the rare times that I didn't just snap at someone for "just asking questions" and answer with "go gently caress yourself" and treat whoever was asking it as both outwardly hostile and completely detached from reality. You're making it very difficult for me to keep making that assumption. Please take some time to cool off and think about what you're saying before you post it.

It would be useful if you pointed out what's objectionable.