Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Zil posted:

I always used wurm fang on live when twinking a shaman. Granted having more stuff tradeable may change that up a bit.

Yeah that’s what I’m running into. Every post I can find on twinking a Shaman comes from regular servers focusing on tradeable items. Feels like there’s gotta be some busted raid weapon selling for cheap if I can just figure out what to search for.

Unfortunately all the equipment databases have more holes than Swiss cheese and any guides assume you have the epic cause it was so easy to skip through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

priceless velium weapons are probably the best/cheapest twink weapons for the next few weeks.. i mean, they're cheap depending on your budget, relatively, but they're pretty common raid drops and completely useless to raiders so they're pretty low demand. Shaman should be able to use the battlehammer or spear or staff.

there's also even cheaper versions weapons called 'premier X of secundae' but they're cheaper because they have a level requirement i believe.

e: willsapper also looks like its in the 9k-10k price range possibly

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 26, 2021

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap Shaman twink weapon on Mischief? (Velious or earlier) Preferably around 10k or less. Current candidates are a Rune Etched Icewurm Fang, Guard Captain’s Mallet or ye olde Jade Mace.

I’d be willing to spend a little more if there’s anything particularly busted. Just looking to slap a haste item, a Fungi and a weapon on and smack things around for 25-30 levels when I’m tired looking for something mindless to do. Doubt I’ll take it too high and if I do I’ll buy proper gear. I mostly just want an Alchemy mule.

What are prices on granite face grinder?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Indecisive posted:

priceless velium weapons are probably the best/cheapest twink weapons for the next few weeks.. i mean, they're cheap depending on your budget, relatively, but they're pretty common raid drops and completely useless to raiders so they're pretty low demand. Shaman should be able to use the battlehammer or spear or staff.

there's also even cheaper versions weapons called 'premier X of secundae' but they're cheaper because they have a level requirement i believe.

e: willsapper also looks like its in the 9k-10k price range possibly

Priceless Velium looks absolutely perfect, although a Willsapper is pretty tempting since it becomes useful again 50+ for the proc. Thank you! I’ll start looking for deals.

milkman dad posted:

What are prices on granite face grinder?

700-1000pp

That’s Mischief for ya! I love this ridiculous server. 2H Primals are selling for 3000-4000pp.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

LuckyCat posted:

Any good necro guides for a TLP server (Mischief)? I seem to recall milestones like pets being able to dual weild, certain ones being a "rogue" and able to backstab, etc. I am also not sure if it's advantageous to give my skelly weapons or any other items.

For mages, rogue/monk type pets are a 50 and later thing. I wouldn't be surprised if that goes for necro too. Rogue type pets and mobs will backstab from the front if wielding a weapon, so there you always want the pet to have a weapon.

Pets won't ever change their attack delay from wielding weapons but supposedly they do inherit the damage. The way their base damage scales means this fact is really only relevant for low end pets who are given a high damage 2H. Eventually when mobs dual wield they will reject any 2H you try to hand them, so it's just a level 1-20 trick as far as I know.

Player pets start dual wield/double attack in the early 20s or late teens. I have a hunch you can force a pet to dual wield earlier than they will innately by giving them two weapons. This would be easy to test but still I'm too lazy to do so. I just always try and give a charm pet weapons in the 20-40 range when their innate dw seems really weak. Player pets might follow different rules

Pets should benefit from haste items (unsure if they have level based haste caps like players), AC/HP items and weapon procs. If you were really into spending money you can give a pet a Tolapmuj Robe and 2x Steel Hilted Flint Daggers and go to town.

I did this all the time while charming because all items are recovered if you kill the pet. As a necro charming you really want to learn about -magic resist items. Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads, Adamantite Band/Silver Jacinth Wedding Band, Greenish Metal Shard and Gauntlets of Morality were my standards. The FV loot probably adds a bunch of options on top of that. They're just mega useful for charming necro since they don't have tash

You might find some useful info in necro guides on the p99 wiki. Lots will be wrong but sometimes there's still good info there

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

BGrifter posted:

Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap Shaman twink weapon on Mischief? (Velious or earlier) Preferably around 10k or less. Current candidates are a Rune Etched Icewurm Fang, Guard Captain’s Mallet or ye olde Jade Mace.

I’d be willing to spend a little more if there’s anything particularly busted. Just looking to slap a haste item, a Fungi and a weapon on and smack things around for 25-30 levels when I’m tired looking for something mindless to do. Doubt I’ll take it too high and if I do I’ll buy proper gear. I mostly just want an Alchemy mule.

Poison wind censor. If you're good, you can med s tick, swing, cannibalize rinse and repeat.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

1H and shield is definitely the way to go if ToV shields are cheap. Slap that 75 AC Yakatizma's on your level 1. Or probably Shield of the Wurms to be sane on price

also wanted to share this Raidloot site in case recent TLP players aren't familiar with it. Fantastic site with much better spell effect data than allakhazam and a nice item/AA search engine. Here's SoV only shaman weapons by ratio:

https://www.raidloot.com/items?name...atio&view=Table

Facesmasher looks like it would be pretty great once the damage cap is lifted around level 25. For 1H, Sap Encrusted Branch is also a great to have utility item for shaman to have an option for a long duration snare (when high enough level to proc).

Solarin fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 26, 2021

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

BGrifter posted:

10k? Spear of Constriction. 13/23, STR: +7 WIS: +11 MANA: +60, effect: Ensnare at 50. Plus you can put it in range slot when you upgrade.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

VP detritus having a use is a pretty good point in favor of FV loot rules.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
On p1999, the Spear of Constriction is one of the best items in the game for a torpor shaman because it gives them access to a powerful snare for use when soloing. So it's not exactly detritus in era.

I imagine it becomes far less useful in Luclin and beyond, but that's power creep for you.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Kefit posted:

On p1999, the Spear of Constriction is one of the best items in the game for a torpor shaman because it gives them access to a powerful snare for use when soloing. So it's not exactly detritus in era.

I imagine it becomes far less useful in Luclin and beyond, but that's power creep for you.

Yeah you can do some very silly solo fights with that spear and fd ring.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

what is the FD ring? ive heard of it but literally never seen a link or item name

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Indecisive posted:

what is the FD ring? ive heard of it but literally never seen a link or item name

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1640

edit: it's rechargeable but it eventually gets outclassed by these in RoF: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=108258

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Kefit posted:

Yeah I just pick up a sap encrusted branch in Velious for that proc. TLPs spend 2-3 months in kunark so I imagine it's different if you're spending a year in it.

On a side note I could never convince myself to raid TLP classic/kunark as a shaman. I thought Velious era raid buffing sucked quite enough. Sadly no sky ring for me, I figure I'll wait until I can go solo it at level 90 if for some horrible reason I'm still playing then

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The snare weapons are really nice. For the immediate I grabbed double Fungi, a Seahorse belt, a pair of Velium HP rings, and a Rune Etched Icewurm Fang. This proved more than sufficient to poke bears and wolves in Feerrott up to level 6. :3: It took forever but I even soloed a level 11 bear at level 1 just to see if I could.

I’ll probably hold off on spending much more till I see if my interest in the Shaman alt holds. Still got lots to do on my Druid main and Luclin is coming fast with Beastlords. If I get the Shaman to 25 to be an alchemy mule that’s a win. Thinking tonight I’ll spend a little time in EC poking appropriate level things while spamming various WTBs and WTSes.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Trying to decide where to go and what to do for my beastlord. Currently on Thornblade but it seemed less active then Mischief.

I could move one character over with a buncha stuff, I do have a 60 SK and a druid in the 50s for leveling the upcoming BST.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Kalas posted:

Trying to decide where to go and what to do for my beastlord. Currently on Thornblade but it seemed less active then Mischief.

I could move one character over with a buncha stuff, I do have a 60 SK and a druid in the 50s for leveling the upcoming BST.

From what I keep hearing Mischief might be busier, but we're also only on Velious, so maybe more compressed? I didn't even realize Thornblade had Beastlords already. Do all of the rules need to align when you do a transfer on these custom servers?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Floob posted:

From what I keep hearing Mischief might be busier, but we're also only on Velious, so maybe more compressed? I didn't even realize Thornblade had Beastlords already. Do all of the rules need to align when you do a transfer on these custom servers?

They aren't, why I said upcoming :)

I skipped Velious but Luclin launch is coming near.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Kalas posted:

They aren't, why I said upcoming :)

I skipped Velious but Luclin launch is coming near.

I think I've enjoyed Velious the most so far. Leveling in Velks, and last night I went to TOFS. I absolutely love that tower, always have.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

during velious, was there ever any reason to camp the pit in icewell keep?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

blatman posted:

I never saw anyone camp down there, even when the game was extremely crowded. There's a couple named that have lovely no trade drops.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Node posted:

I never saw anyone camp down there, even when the game was extremely crowded. There's a couple named that have lovely no trade drops.

E: nevermind, wrong zone.

Icewell pit sucks. It's part of some solo challenges though.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 2, 2021

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

There's charmable skeletons and I think wolves in that icewell pit area. That alone tells me some necros probably soloed there at some point. The sad thing is the mobs drop like peridots for gems and nothing else. Not like the high vendor value gems in Velks.

In random GoD news: I am doing BIC for the first time and finally completed up to Yxxta. I didn't really understand what I was getting into with the quest, but it's been pretty fun and not much has been crushingly bad in the way EQ quests can be. Turlini despawning for 8 hours when somebody finishes the event is easily the dumbest part so far.

The quest has led to more random grouping and helping out in my guild than anything else I've seen in prior expansions. Had some of the most fun times with the game as a result. It's insane they make the TLP PoP era so long and many people don't make it to this.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

Solarin posted:

There's charmable skeletons and I think wolves in that icewell pit area. That alone tells me some necros probably soloed there at some point. The sad thing is the mobs drop like peridots for gems and nothing else. Not like the high vendor value gems in Velks.

In random GoD news: I am doing BIC for the first time and finally completed up to Yxxta. I didn't really understand what I was getting into with the quest, but it's been pretty fun and not much has been crushingly bad in the way EQ quests can be. Turlini despawning for 8 hours when somebody finishes the event is easily the dumbest part so far.

The quest has led to more random grouping and helping out in my guild than anything else I've seen in prior expansions. Had some of the most fun times with the game as a result. It's insane they make the TLP PoP era so long and many people don't make it to this.

What guild are you in? I was playing on Rizlona until recently when I had to cut back on expenses so funding 7 accounts wasn’t viable.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I'm on Aradune in the Nothing but Nice guild, which I'd describe as a fairly casual guild filled with mildly insane multi-TLP veterans. A lot of 'on phinny we did x' and a lot of people knowledgeable about the post PoP expansions. I played with a handful on Coirnav so joined up with them here during Velious.

I'm happy with the time I've spent here but the server is definitely a failed experiment. It was just a marketing ploy and did gently caress all to limit raid boxers warping to targets and 60 bot SG farmers. The fact that we still have to click this loving box on every single character log in is asinine.

I'd consider rolling up on a new server after my guild dies but now that I've played shaman with all the essential clickies there is no going back. It's crazy how much fun clickies can add to the game

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
ooh tell me about essential Shaman clickies from Luclin and earlier. I know about Jaundiced Bone Bracer.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

blatman posted:

My guild camped in Icewell Keep and pulled mobs from the pit during the first couple days of Velious. Basically just early expansion loving around to see what we could find. After that, the only time I remember killing pit mobs was when we faught Dain down in that well.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Here's a wall of text just covering what I have built up from starting in Velious. I never went for illusion or novelty click stuff, of which there is a ton in Luclin. Luclin bosses are kind of bland but the loot is really neat.

Velious:
-Girdle of Living Thorns (Instant Spikecoat. Just fun to have bonus AC)

-Sap Encrusted Branch (Proc ensnare. Occasionally I'm really glad I have this)

Luclin:
-Umbracite Swarm Orb (2s group shrink. Do anything necessary to get this. Hopefully it will be plentiful on mischief because if not its going to cost 30+ krono)

-Pendant of Malosini (5s Malosini. I love this thing and it should be cheap as its not a super hot item.)

-Ring of Immobilization (2s immobilize. Can't live without it.)

-Primal Cudgel (8s Group Primal Essence, just fun because it lands on any level)

-Dark Mace of Thought (Procs a 400 mana siphon. Situationally really useful and fun for shaman, better for clerics who get a proc buff AA later and can do some novel stuff as a result)

-Armguard of Piety (5s Abolish Poison. I regret missing these, shaman don't have access to a poison cure that powerful otherwise)

PoP:
-Time's Antithesis (3s Turgurs click. Nearly triples the amount of slows you can put out and does it for 0 mana. This is #1 on the list a good distance ahead of the shrink click)

-Rosrak's Greaves of the Primal (4s Pox of Bertoxxulus. Essential free damage)

-Wand of the Vortex (4.5s annul magic. Surprisingly useful.)

-Phoenix Claw Talisman (6s Abolish Disease)

-Blackflame Sphere (7.5s Remove Greater Curse)

-Scaled Avatar's Leggings (3s Greater Immobilize. Good back up if you miss the ring of immobilization and useful even if you have that)

The last 5 in the PoP list should be easy to get, the TA will be dozens of krono unless their Time loot system seriously shits them out.

The great thing about clicks is being usable during the global cooldown. It just feels fun to sneak in spells during that time.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
My guild started a little recruitment bounty thing, so I thought I'd post about it here.

If you're doing a solo thing in mischief and/or looking to do raidy stuff feel free to pm me in-game (katous), any ol person in Dragon Food you see online for an officer or post something in here if you're curious.

Pretty standard dkp stuff, with some loot priority things, primarily war tank gear at the moment. We have been Cycling ntov/ yeli+ct+dain / kael on raid nights mostly with a mix of random stuff like velks, but obviously luclin is coming so other than ssra I'm not sure how things will mix up.

Come pay 5% what I did for my FT2 boots now that everyone else has them! And if you're an enchanter, summon an endless stream of clay and clear mana vials for earrings!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

VT keying changes

quote:

Added a chance for all NPCs in appropriate zones to drop the pieces needed for the Key to Vex Thal. The droprate will be doubled for the first month of the release of Shadows of Luclin. After that month, it will still have an increased drop rate, however not as much.

Their need to make this stuff time bound is weird but whatever it solves the issue.

Big improvement for casual players. Shard camps were the most toxic poo poo I've experienced on TLPs. I bet a bunch of krono lords on mischief who planned to monopolize and sell lucid shards are wringing their hands in dismay

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I know a bunch of shards were already selling for 50k.

GiG bought a bunch, they also downed emp with their swarm of 140ish chars.

We beat emp last night too, but couldn't make enough keys to get in there last night, so we're finishing up our first 40 today, sadly I had to bow out as something came up tonight, handed off all my key pieces and feel very sad about it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Our guild isn't gonna kill itself trying to week 1 this poo poo so I'm sitting on 1 shard atm. Will enjoy the ez ride next week when they go zonewide. We did get an AHR neck piece night 1 from seru tho

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Indecisive posted:

Our guild isn't gonna kill itself trying to week 1 this poo poo so I'm sitting on 1 shard atm. Will enjoy the ez ride next week when they go zonewide. We did get an AHR neck piece night 1 from seru tho

We also got a bunch of aten loot, including the essence as well. It was pretty nuts. Keying is a little much for us as well, but I wasn't THAT surprised to see the kill message and see it was a gig person.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

aten loot from seru? Hope you like deep splitting him, bring your ranger boxes.

I actually loved that fight as a shaman because he has 0 poison and disease resist, and 90% of healing was covered by MGBs. I had to camp mid fight to manage aggro though

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

MF_James posted:

I know a bunch of shards were already selling for 50k.

GiG bought a bunch, they also downed emp with their swarm of 140ish chars.

We beat emp last night too, but couldn't make enough keys to get in there last night, so we're finishing up our first 40 today, sadly I had to bow out as something came up tonight, handed off all my key pieces and feel very sad about it.

Who are you in faceless?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The worst part of Luclin is that I want *everything*. So many cool clickies in this expansion it’s insane.

The Bazaar made catching up tradeskills a joy, and I’ve been enjoying making a bit of passive income off my traderbot. Unfortunately now it’s time to sit and wait for a month till prices on raid loot get reasonable. I almost feel like I should skip the first month of each expansion on Mischief.

Oh and apparently unlike previous TLPs the price of Krono is going way up. Seems to be trending toward the 40k mark now, although if you’re patient there’s plenty of opportunities to snag single krono cheaper especially in /barter.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Malt posted:

Who are you in faceless?

Galelor, you?

MF_James fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 17, 2021

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

MF_James posted:

Galelor, you?

Cool. This is Hops.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Nobody will be able to guess my character's name on Mischief, for I have cleverly obfuscated it.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

BabelFish posted:

Nobody will be able to guess my character's name on Mischief, for I have cleverly obfuscated it.

You should reroll as a bard and join us.