Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this is wild because I don’t know anyone who’s seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

CW is a bizarre network.

it did Walker Texas Ranger reboot

it has 37 DC superhero shows that all cross over

the Riverdale cast are a key part of the Nicaragua regime change push

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Squid Game was a fun watch, but it was pretty typical for that genre. Nothing amazing.

Why did he get red hair?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

the Riverdale cast are a key part of the Nicaragua regime change push

excuse me

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If you could send 2001 one non-documentary cultural artifact (movie, tv episode, music video, etc) to warn the past of what’s coming, just in general, what would it be?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

indigi posted:

excuse me

one of the writers is a yale educated failson of a corrupt minister who is currently sitting in jail/"fighting for freedom for the country"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

General Dog posted:

If you could send 2001 one non-documentary cultural artifact (movie, tv episode, music video, etc) to warn the past of what’s coming, just in general, what would it be?

id send them thunderbolt gundam because that poo poo is sick

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

General Dog posted:

Wouldnt send anything, gently caress 'em

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

it did Walker Texas Ranger reboot

wait what

was chuck norris involved or did someone seriously try to do texas fetishism in the present day

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Some Guy TT posted:

wait what

was chuck norris involved or did someone seriously try to do texas fetishism in the present day

everything cw does involves some pretty boy and this was no different

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

General Dog posted:

star wars episode 1 the phantom menace

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

General Dog posted:

world trade center starring nicolas cage

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

General Dog posted:

like, to warn them about negative trends in pop culture? pop culture's problem in the 2020s is more about homogeneity than quality, per se. like, if you plucked out any random MCU movie and sent it back, it'd probably be a pretty well-regarded superhero flick; the problem is that there are 40 other movies exactly like it. similarly, ready player one is so cringeworthy because it's created in the context of a creatively bankrupt studio system that can only mine its past. so it's hard to say what a single, isolated example of our worst impulses would be. maybe space jam 2? (i didn't see it)

if you mean that we should just warn them about the crises of the 2000s, send back kanye's "bush doesn't care about black people" clip to warn them that bush doesn't care about black people

Aglet56 has issued a correction as of 03:51 on Sep 28, 2021

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol who wrote the title

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SFRCdems/status/1435744646244839426?s=20

Some Guy TT posted:

wait what

they got one of the supernatural guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow21xRU9e3s

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The walker Texas ranger reboot stars the lesser Winchester brother

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

It's the best scifi ever made and best story every told on tv with a main cast of bad actors and 2 phenomenal supporting aliens who remind you how mediocre the humans are

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

babypolis posted:

kinda yeah? the world has been going crazy for korean media for a while now

Yea that's kinda how I felt, but as was mentioned, the themes are very similar. The story takes some leaps but the production value is great, I originally ignored it b/c I thought the esher-esque promo image looked dumb, but it really does a great job selling it's goofier ideas like the masks and nonstop ultra violence. I thought it was going to be rather one-note but the show kept surprising me by actually leaving the game for episode #2 and adding characters like the detective and surgeon to reveal (and add) mystery to the narrative.

Also that's Phillip Seymore Hoffman's kid in the PTA movie and one of the HAIM sisters.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

mastershakeman posted:

It's the best scifi ever made and best story every told on tv with a main cast of bad actors and 2 phenomenal supporting aliens who remind you how mediocre the humans are

im assuming youre talking about gkar and londo, which, fair

i liked the space wop cop

also this. a minor space hitler getting killed by the people he persecuted like this rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYeU0nFpDyY

elaboration has issued a correction as of 05:11 on Sep 28, 2021

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Yeah but Fast Five is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4zZBGfF98

Well maybe CODE 8 is good, I haven't seen it

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1GF4Gnb-D0
:hmmyes: I rewatched it and Legend of the Galactic Heroes during the lockdown. both incredibly awesome

tiberion02 has issued a correction as of 06:57 on Sep 28, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

also this. a minor space hitler getting killed by the people he persecuted like this rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYeU0nFpDyY

fantastic song

does anyone have the studio of this, or know who the artist is? youtube's other versions aren't as rockin'

double edit: marva hicks, 80s smooth jazz soul. i can't find any other gospel songs by her but she nailed that old spiritual

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 08:06 on Sep 28, 2021

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

General Dog posted:

I would send back a twitch let's play of somebody streaming a lovely anime wifu collector phone game.
including the comments on the video and a vtuber, and it should be like 60 hours long.

That poo poo would melt brains.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i would send them back a copy of the highest-grossing and most influential movie of the last decade: Heaven Is For Real

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I would send back a twitch let's play of somebody streaming a lovely anime wifu collector phone game.
including the comments on the video and a vtuber, and it should be like 60 hours long.

That poo poo would melt brains.

lmao yeah. the massive horse armor controversy was in 2006. good lord you'd send everyone insane.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

i say swears online posted:

i would send them back a copy of the highest-grossing and most influential movie of the last decade: Heaven Is For Real

That wouldn't be too crazy to say,

a lot people think the most watched movie of all time is a 1979 Jesus movie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_(1979_film)

Yearly people watch that Moses movie at easter, and a Wonderful Life, and a Christmas Carol every holiday season.

You wanna make bank, just toss together some bullshit holiday story about the love of mankind, and off you go to print Elf money.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god i don't even want to imagine the residuals that movie makes

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Horizon Burning posted:

lmao yeah. the massive horse armor controversy was in 2006. good lord you'd send everyone insane.

Even beyond the implications of what will happen to video games,
just the bare bones, "people watch other people play video games?
And television is dying? To this?"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Even beyond the implications of what will happen to video games,
just the bare bones, "people watch other people play video games?
And television is dying? To this?"

haha i've got the answer. send someone in 1998 the nielsen market share and viewers in millions for like the top ten shows, let them figure it out

"did...did three quarters of the country die?"

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
lmfao, absolutely insane

https://twitter.com/USofAlCBS/status/1441481130713124864

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The USA is sick to the core.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

The United States posted:

Well maybe CODE 8 is good, I haven't seen it

Code 8 was fun, but severely harmed by its lib-brained creative team.

You have an explicitly fascist public order designed to create and exploit an underclass, and yet because that public order happens to fly an American flag, breaking the law and fighting against the system (even just for personal gain) is somehow depicted as beyond the moral event horizon.

The ending could have been worse, though.

i say swears online posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0MTCXgil1M

lol i hope whoever thought up this name/concept got a bonus

So it's Elon Musk's space jaunt: the series? I'll pass, thanks.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lmfao

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That's a lot of mopey fake teens

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Why in the world did any studio greenlight a series about Afghanistan in 2021 anyway

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al calling home and finding his nephew is the Taliban guy posting wojacks on Twitter.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Falstaff posted:

So it's Elon Musk's space jaunt: the series? I'll pass, thanks.

:jerkbag:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Why in the world did any studio greenlight a series about Afghanistan in 2021 anyway

they greenlit it in 2019 to be fair

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Shang chi making more money than black widow? Buh bye day and date streaming releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

just finished watching first reformed and it's probably the best ethan hawk I've ever seen. also the best representation terminal cspam and its consequences. go watch it

first reformed is so good for about 98% of the runtime and then turns to absolute dogshit at the last moment lol