Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've had this for years now, it's fine. I'd say it's just a slightly misaligned fan

That's reassuring. Still annoying, but reassuring.

But yeah also good to know that there would be a bunch of the non-oled models still available. I have not checked in a looong time.aybe I'll pop the screws off and take a look anyway (after uploading my saves, just in case)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtBHGbBLJTU

New Arceus trailer... lookin' pretty rough!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Postman posted:

dunno what more people expect on this garbo-hardware

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God that game just screams “half assed every aspect of it”. Nothing about it looks fun or good

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The Postman posted:

idk what you're talking about, this looks really great for being a gamecube game

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm still hopeful about this game but wow they managed to make the mount controls look atrocious even in a trailer huh

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
i'm not interested in arceus but i don't see what's so bad about the trailer? maybe i'm stupid

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Willo567 posted:

i'm not interested in arceus but i don't see what's so bad about the trailer? maybe i'm stupid

My kids will go bonkers for it, and that's all Nintendo cares about.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i still have no idea whether that game is going to be good or bad

Weedle
May 31, 2006

could it be...?

https://twitter.com/DUSKdev/status/1442849797229236236

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it looks significantly worse than breath of the wild, a cross-gen launch title

the switch hardware is weak but gamefreak is barely trying

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Willo567 posted:

We're still in the "all pre-release footage looks bad" phase of the Nintendo Cycle

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

repiv posted:

Did they ever?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Great Attorney Chronicles is very fun. My wife and I are onto the third case. Can't wait to beat the next 7 and move onto the original trilogy!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gold/Silver pushed Game Boy Color about as far as it could go but Iwata himself had to come in and fix it for them

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Speaking of bad performance is the Ninja Gaiden collection a bad port? It’s on sale and I’m tempted by portable Ninja action

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RC Cola posted:

Great Attorney Chronicles is very fun. My wife and I are onto the third case. Can't wait to beat the next 7 and move onto the original trilogy!

GAA is badass. The original trilogy is a classic though it takes a few cases to find its footing compared to how experienced the writers were by the time GAA rolled around.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Last one there gets the Mad Catz Fleshy Abomination

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

Speaking of bad performance is the Ninja Gaiden collection a bad port? It’s on sale and I’m tempted by portable Ninja action

Sounds like the first one is good, but the sequels are kinda rough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82sWkyTgUJo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

passing the bar of other swithc games would be a good start

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The memory card is a handful of brain lumps you have to shove in the hole in the back. Do not ask about the rumble pak.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

repiv posted:

I’m not saying the game looks great visually or anything but this is easily the most work Game Freak has put into a game in a while, they had to develop a whole new battle system and redesign the traditional Pokemon experience more than any since at least X/Y, possibly ever

Sword/Shield was a way lazier game than this looks to be

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pokemon fans: please please Gamefreak, make a Pokemon game that isn't turn based
Game Freak: Here you go
Pokemon fans: it looks like a Gamecube game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of collections on sale, is the Mega Man X collection any good? I only played the first 2 way back when and I’m curious if there’s any reason not to get it for :10bux:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m not saying the game looks great visually or anything but this is easily the most work Game Freak has put into a game in a while, they had to develop a whole new battle system and redesign the traditional Pokemon experience more than any since at least X/Y, possibly ever

i agree. honestly i'm still really pissed that they couldn't get all of the pokemon in sword and shield, feels loving lazy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pokemon fans: please please Gamefreak, make a Pokemon game that isn't turn based

The game is turn based though. Just a different style of turn based. Some weird ATB where you can play with the speed of the attacks to get ahead of an upcoming attack but it’s still very much turn based.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Double post

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

it looks actively worse than swoshi and that game had an awful dev cycle w gamefreak making a new ip at the same time. no ones forcing them to put out 4 games in one generation, would rather the franchise was on a mainline mario/zelda cycle of one solid brand new game per gen than 4 games that each look consecutively worse than the last. also sumo and swoshi had more interesting redesigns of what pokemon is than "another open world game a full decade into the never ending trend"

Detective No. 27 posted:

i think most fo the people that complain about normal pokemon games dont actually play them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

the game looks pretty bad visually but that's extremely low on my list of things to care about in a pokemon game (or games in general)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I can't imagine why anyone would care about graphics in a pokemon game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

there has to be a line somewhere and for me the line is smt5 looking like its from a generation ahead while cumulatively selling less games in its mainline series than any single pokemon game ever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Morpheus posted:

I can't imagine why anyone would care about graphics in a pokemon game.

Didn’t know the entirety of GameFreak posted here under this name.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remember when GameFreak went through the arduous process of future-proofing the pokemon line by investing and generating high quality 3d models of all pokemon (at the time) and went so far above what was required at the time (3DS) that it actually kinda crippled performance on those games.

Then when they jumped to the switch they had to purge 1/3 of all pokemon from the game because they went ahead and redid the entire process again without actually changing anything and not spending any time on like everything else like basic rear end animations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that arceus game literally just reminds me of monster hunter stories 2 which already exists and probably looks better already

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Remember when GameFreak went through the arduous process of future-proofing the pokemon line by investing and generating high quality 3d models of all pokemon (at the time) and went so far above what was required at the time (3DS) that it actually kinda crippled performance on those games.

Then when they jumped to the switch they had to purge 1/3 of all pokemon from the game because they went ahead and redid the entire process again without actually changing anything and not spending any time on like everything else like basic rear end animations.

I agree. Pokemon should never have jumped to 3D.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

repiv posted:

Yeah, always found it weird people go that route when a non-graphically extensive game on the Switch looks rough. The console is clearly very limited but at the same time we've seen numerous other titles that show that it shouldn't be looking that bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

I agree. Pokemon should never have jumped to 3D.

I’ve been unironically saying this for years!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bring back sprites on the condition that you create some kind of Avengers scenario where Junichi Masuda is forced to collect the best of SNK's sprite makers. I wanna see some drat backgrounds.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

People mad about dexit will never not be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm definitely not seeing the issue with that trailer that everyone else is seeing.
I am also playing Neptunia Reverse on the PS5, which straight up looks like a Vita game run through an upscaler with the addition of reflective surfaces, and I think that looks great and that modern games don't need to look like technical marvels if the game is fun.
Pokemon is fun.