Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Lol cornette is a danger on commentary as evidenced by his NWA snafu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

He also quit instead of apologizing for it when the NWA suspended him or whatever. And the NWA did not want to let him go.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Roman Reigns posted:

He also quit instead of apologizing for it when the NWA suspended him or whatever. And the NWA did not want to let him go.

LOL I did not know this part.

Yeah forget him, I don't think he brings anything to the table anymore besides nostalgia; I dont even trust his booking after his plans for Nyla and "funny doesn't make money".

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Jim Cornette has been bad dead weight for at least a decade and you can continue back his dead weight status as far as you want.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NutritiousSnack posted:

If Cornette made a genuine, heart felt apology, especially to Omega and the Young Bucks, and backed up that apology with good behavior unlike say a Hogan or other figure, I'd be happy to see him on AEW if he wasn't a booker or doing backstage thing and a heel manager to FTR or Danielson or doing Dark or Rampage commentary.

I just don't think he would ever do so,

The Bucks aren't even in the top 5 of AEW roster members he's said hateful things about. He should never be near the company after what he's said about the women's roster especially the Japanese women. And that's not counting his general bigotry.

We should all feel lucky that Cornette hates the Bucks because if he didn't he might be in the Tony Schiavone spot.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It still makes me shake my head when I remember that he had his dream job in the NWA and he just couldn't stop being a Corncob long enough to apologize and keep it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vandar posted:

It still makes me shake my head when I remember that he had his dream job in the NWA and he just couldn't stop being a Corncob long enough to apologize and keep it.

Him using the same lines he was using thirty-five years. Even if you put aside the racism (WHICH YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULDN'T), it's like, get some new material grandpa. Paul Heyman ain't doing the same poo poo he did in the AWA in '87.

Reminds of a story the The Sklar Brothers told about working a comedy show that had Andrew Dice Clay on it. Clay said something to the effect "If I had done any of my old material, these guys wouldn't have been able to follow me," and the Sklars pointed that in his set he literally did a bit about hating call waiting.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

Lol cornette is a danger on commentary as evidenced by his NWA snafu

Plus, like, this poo poo:

(warning, lots of uses of that word that starts with the letter "n")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OzvftFOhq8

All of his comments about this incident that I've come across is about him justifying his use of that word, directly at a black man.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd prefer if the next time I see Jim Cornette on AEW TV is in a number of years when he gets an in memoriam graphic

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

I'd prefer if the next time I see Jim Cornette on AEW TV is in a number of years when he gets an in memoriam graphic

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There is absolutely no money in bringing in Cornette in any capacity esp when there’s any number of heel managers doing the indies that would fit the onstage role. Backstage they’ve already got people who put together more money than Cornette’s ever done.

Hell even Sami Callihan’s Jim Cornette gimmick he did for the one off territory Impact show was better than anything Cornette’s done in the last 30 years.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

why are you even talking about jim cornette in aew you might as well talk about scott steiner in aew, which would own by the way

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I feel like AEW doing the in memory thing for Jim would piss his ghost off.

That makes it even better.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i pooped on jimcorn.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
scotty in aew might be enough to get me to try aew

that would own, i'm sold

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

why are you even talking about jim cornette in aew you might as well talk about scott steiner in aew, which would own by the way

If he goes to AEW they should call him Scott Breakker

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bryan danielson needs a manager. he needs a big bad booty daddy. do it, you cowards.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mulaney Power Move posted:

bryan danielson needs a manager. he needs a big bad booty daddy. do it, you cowards.

unironically would own. Bryan just smiles while Steiner talks insane poo poo, calls Taz a cocksucker. In middle of a promo on Don Callis.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Steiner math promo with Danielson dressed as Little Petey Pump

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh I’m all for Scott Steiner doing anything that involves him on my TV with a live mic. AEW, football commentator, a run for President, a prime time spot on cable news, whatever it takes.

It’s a bit of an odd compliment, but it’s kinda cool AEW is so successful that Cornette following the money means he has to turn a bit on AEW.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Scott Steiner in AEW should be just him never being explicitly booked but just showing up demanding mic time and sometimes beating someone up. There shouldn't be any rhyme or reason. Like before a show just roll dice to see if Scott Steiner should show up or not and if the result is yes just give him a slot to crash the show. Let him do whatever he wants.

Trust me I know what I'm doing.

But yeah, Corny needs to clean up more than his hatred of the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega.

Not sure if true, maybe someone who actually listens to the show can confirm, but someone in a Discord Server I'm in said that Cornette's Co-host (assume it was Brian Last) called Cornette out on giving all the credit to Kenny Omega's opponents finally after Omega vs. Danielson by saying "Omega could cure cancer and you'd try to give credit to the patient"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

To be honest, I really wish Cornette would turn a corner just to be a happier person. Being this way even as a constant act can't be good for anyone.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I really wanted Scott Steiner to manage Ivelisse and Diamanté.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
"They say All men are created equal, but you Look at Hook, and you look at Alex Marvez and you know that's not true."

Poppa Pump - December, 2021

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I really wanted Scott Steiner to manage Ivelisse and Diamanté.

If AEW ever steals Jordyn Grace from Impact he should be her manager

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheKingslayer posted:

To be honest, I really wish Cornette would turn a corner just to be a happier person. Being this way even as a constant act can't be good for anyone.

I think he should be true to himself and keep being the hate filled bigot he always has been.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

I think he should be true to himself and keep being the hate filled bigot he always has been.

On the anniversary of 9/11 somebody dug up the speech Cornette gave in OVW surrounded by the wrestlers that was the typical 'bomb us we'll BOMB YOU HARDER' type thing that was going around but Jim's was a bit next level. The only one who had the decency to look embarrassed was a young Prototype John Cena.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Malcolm Excellent posted:

"They say All men are created equal, but you Look at Hook, and you look at Alex Marvez and you know that's not true."

Poppa Pump - December, 2021

I see no lie.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Get Kenny to do a eulogy for cornette in his full post match send the fans home happy without further adieu pomp

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

coconono posted:

Hell even Sami Callihan’s Jim Cornette gimmick he did for the one off territory Impact show was better than anything Cornette’s done in the last 30 years.

Wait hold on what the hell is this?

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

i dont know much about wrestling, i prefer football(real football btw), but my new roommate keeps listening to this cornette guy's podcast and it's fuckin terrible

he's also got all this poo poo he put up on the wall

can someone tell me all the details about this cornette guy? all i know from the various poo poo i've overheard from him playing cornette's podcast really loud all day is that 1. he's transphobic and 2. he really hates someone named kenny omega

Iamgoofball fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 28, 2021

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

:eyepop:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Holy gently caress.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

TheKingslayer posted:

Holy gently caress.

yeah, i dunno man, my roommate just really likes this dude for some reason

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
sorry about your friend but you forgot to cover his name signed on the action figures

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I want this to be real so bad.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

sorry about your friend but you forgot to cover his name signed on the action figures

Whoops, updated the post to cover it up.

BGrifter posted:

I want this to be real so bad.

I regret to inform you it is real.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Iamgoofball posted:

i dont know much about wrestling, i prefer football(real football btw), but my new roommate keeps listening to this cornette guy's podcast and it's fuckin terrible

he's also got all this poo poo he put up on the wall

can someone tell me all the details about this cornette guy? all i know from the various poo poo i've overheard from him playing cornette's podcast really loud all day is that 1. he's transphobic and 2. he really hates someone named kenny omega

You need to sever whatever lease agreement you have, pack your poo poo in the dead of night, and peace out of there.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Lmao he framed the fuckin certificate like it was a PhD.

Cornette is basically a legendary manager and had a great mind for the business 30 years ago. He now is a racist shock jock who yells at clouds to the delight of toxic rear end motherfuckers who wish wrestlers gave each other concussions on a weekly basis.

and yes he is transphobic as well as loving to casually accuse people of being pedophiles and/or grooming with no evidence or basis in reality

Basically sorry your roomie is an awful pile of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Iamgoofball posted:

i prefer football(real football btw)
NFL fans are always welcome here :D