Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Late to the party
Enter your Anniversary Theater https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GB0CGDOK6N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So we have neckbeards on the internet mad, and content creators "fake quitting" to try and bully the exploitative game developer that makes games specifically designed to psychologically manipulate and steal money from people into giving them more "free" stuff that isn't worth anything anyways. Sometimes this is almost more entertaining than playing the game itself.

When are people going to learn that gacha games of ANY type are a cancer on gaming? :goes and plays more gacha games:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i was slightly disappointed with the anniversary rewards because i was hoping for a giant mora gift or a bunch of blue wishes, but the content lately has been great and more engaging than most gacha anniversary events, so i can't really complain

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

You can not get involved by just. Not. Going to reddit. And not following youtubers. Like you don't have to do that. I need you to understand that. I get how this can be frustrating if you used to enjoy those spaces but seriously, you can disconnect from them super easily, give it a month, and then go back to them and they'll have filtered all this out.

I mean now that it's kind of here (not that people are engaging in any of it here just commenting) and seeing how bad things are going it's a little hard to ignore completely unless I just don't come here either. Sorry but like it does effect and worry me knowing how bad things are at moment much as I try not to let it and maybe that's a personal flaw I don't know but there it is. I'm planning on taking a break soon anyway, but the vibes are just so completely and utterly bad right now that I'm strongly considering bumping it up. One of my friends also just started playing around the end of the Yoimiya banner too so I've been helping him catch up otherwise I may have taken a break already so he picked a hell of a time to pick the game up honestly.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Click me too: https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GC7Y39KZHN

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i also think the idea that reddit (as a hivemind) is really disappointed in these events is overblown.

top: a random art post from yesterday
bottom: a stickied post for bitching about anniversary awards

compare the upvotes on just that one random art post to that stickied bitching thread, and then look at the amount of posts between the two. the silent majority genuinely don't give a poo poo about this. its trivial to find random meme and art posts that get way more traction on reddit than these posts complaining about stuff. bitching generates a lot of discussion so the reddit algorithm shows them to you frequently.

the google play reviews are pretty crazy too. genshin has two MILLION reviews, when something like FFBE (a final fantasy game!) only has about 800,000. FGO only has 70,000-ish reviews! the size of the genshin fanbase is incredibly large and the vast majority of these people (in the english speaking word) do not play gacha games, they play MMOs and all they know how to do is raise a fuss when they run out of endgame content.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah that also. theyre just the loudest and spammiest, they arent the majority. you can tell because of how much theyre bitching in that stickied megathread about not being allowed to spam the sub anymore.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No Wave posted:

Content is more important than wishballs and the content over the last two patches has been insane. We just had two massive patches, literally bigger than actual game expansions, Inazuma free exploration content was 10x better than anyone expected, and you're acting as if Mihoyo has done nothing and is just sitting on their laurels. I don't get it.

no but you don't get it arknights gave you a ten pull AND a roll every day for logging in and maybe running an autobattle while you do chores.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Click my link for loot!

Enter your Anniversary Theater https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GB9B6GUVUN

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
After one year of play (or as the anniversary informs me, 350 days, I guess) I ended up with Venti/Mona/Zhongli/Jean/Diluc/Tartaglia/Eula/Klee/Yoimiya/Diluc C1/Baal and two 5* weapons from the standard banner. In addition to every 4 star and a few of them at C6 (Xiangling, Diona, Noelle, XQ). Diluc is the only benchwarmer among these, since I just haven't gotten around to it and I already have to get so many resources for everyone. I tend to think that's pretty respectable for never having spent a dime. Most of those 5* required pity too, so that's actually quite a lot of rolls.

Every patch since (and including) the archipelago has been very good and added a lot of content.
This anniversary event is very good so far.

I guess their biggest mistake was coming up with an in-universe name and story for their anniversary event rather than just calling it anniversary event and promoting it as such. Because clearly people don't seem to understand that part.

For what it's worth, the loud part of the community also complained about Baal being awful, but that didn't really have any impact either, nor did it discourage anyone.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 28, 2021

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mine as well. Noelle as my companion is obvious since she’s my main healer

https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...PbkEpPKgy5%2b8v

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

also the iOS app store doesn't have nearly the same review count or distribution (4.7 average rating) as the android store does. you can draw your own conclusions as to why that may be the case.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I think a part of the anniversary awards issue is that other games go bonkers with their anniversaries. Like, right now, Dragalia Lost is doing one.

https://twitter.com/DragaliaLostApp/status/1442007546106163203

here's my link thing https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GB4VPMNJ6N

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 28, 2021

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The tantrum's embarrassing. There's an event going on, which even though it wasn't described as an anniversary event, clearly is. And it's obvious Mihoyo listens to feedback. This event's got a lot going on and addresses the main complaints everyone had with the Lantern festival - that quests were trivial and the various characters didn't get enough appearances. Yesterday there was a huge long story quest featuring most Liyue characters, an exploration game and a combat game

There's a feedback survey after every patch, where the provided answers often list my exact complaints before I made them

The game does provide a huge amount of content for free. And while we know that's how they hook you into the monetisation, the same is true of "free gifts" on anniversaries. And stuff like Inazuma's more genuine fun than some 'free' rolls in the slot machine anyway

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

I think a part of the anniversary awards issue is that other games go bonkers with their anniversaries. Like, right now, Dragalia Lost is doing one.

https://twitter.com/DragaliaLostApp/status/1442007546106163203

yeah dragalia theres a game that is in a healthy place

quote:

Starting this November, the game's development and management structure will undergo some changes accompanied by a reduction in the amount of content released each month going forward. In particular, the number of new adventurers and dragons added to the game each month will change, and starting in December, new onslaught, defensive, and coliseum events will no longer be added (though existing ones will return at regular intervals).

oh.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Kaeya main spotted (I just started playing in August)

Here's my link! https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GB73IICRUN

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Endorph posted:

people are also review bombing honkai for some reason even though its an entirely different team at mihoyo.

I suppose it's an improvement over harassing VAs

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

yeah dragalia theres a game that is in a healthy place

oh.

Funny thing about dragalia is that they can poo poo out tons of free pulls and you'd still not be close to guarantee an on banner pity and that pity doesn't carry over to future banners. And this applies to all cygames titles, which a lot of of people like because of the amount of total pulls they offer.

I'll take lower rates and less total pulls if I can easily guarantee a unit that I want when their banner rolls out.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Comparing to what other gacha games are doing is always funny to me, because all other gachas look like unplayable garbage personally speaking

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

I suppose it's an improvement over harassing VAs

We should be harassing the voicing director! I really do intensely dislike him and his stupid smug streaming BS.

My write in complaints have falled on deaf ears, and have been replaced with removing the limit on number of shinies we can "investigate" . I wanna do the full artifact route, dammit

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You still can (for now), you just need to dodge non-artifact shinies and end on Tatarasuna.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really enjoy arknights but its a fairly niche gameplay style (tower defense) where msot of the appeal is having new 'puzzles' to complete rather than like, engaging with the world in a gameplay sense the way genshin allows

and idolm@ster shiny colors is a masterpiece of writing but the actual gameplay gets kinda repetitive after a while, even if 'roguelike idol raising sim' is a fantastic concept.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Endorph posted:

dragalia quote

people keep misinterpreting this scaling back as a sign the game's in a bad place or dying, but the previous pace was literally untenable and a lot of dragalia players/content creators were getting burnt out just because of how many events/characters/dragons were being released so fast (which also meant a faster pace of power creep), and the change has generally been received positively once the initial response died down. Also, the event types they mentioned are going to stop were event types that were almost universally disliked, so this is also a case of them listening to player feedback.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

You still can (for now), you just need to dodge non-artifact shinies and end on Tatarasuna.

You really can't. I'd like to see a video of someone hitting every spot in one go without skipping any. They always die at the beginning of watatsumi island, or there abouts.

I'd love to be wrong

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

Comparing to what other gacha games are doing is always funny to me, because all other gachas look like unplayable garbage personally speaking

Most gachas don't need to be playable, you just hit the Auto Battle button and ignore your phone for 90 seconds.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf id love to hit the auto battle button and ignore domains for 90 seconds

or not have to wait three minutes between hypostatis runs

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I got my link!

Enter your Anniversary Theater https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GBFZG9U8UN

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GB3HSD34UN

Here's my link.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

after a week getting nothing beyond decent 3-stat CW feathers I agree artifacts still suck. please send help
I have a dozen Millileth goblets that either have Geo DMG or Hydro DMG on them, send me the help

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Aren't those the elements you want?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

The pinball one (World Flippers) is fun until you reach the end of its content

Arknights is a tower-defense with pretty neat base gameplay, but has the problem that replaying a tower-defense level with the exact same enemy waves + towers isn't interesting at all. (Hence why they added an autoplay button that fastforwards the level and does it for you by repeating your own tower placements... but that's even less interesting!)
And you replay levels to grind materials a lot in that game.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 28, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

Not if the people I'm farming it for are for maybe-a-2pc on Diona and Thoma :/ I also don't have Zhongli or Kokomi.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Started playing a few days ago, here's my spam link: https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...een#/GBE0X71CUN

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

kokomi probably just wants hp%? but hydro dmg isnt the worst thing in the world

edit: oh or yeah on diona

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Not if the people I'm farming it for are for maybe-a-2pc on Diona and Thoma :/ I also don't have Zhongli or Kokomi.

condolences

may you get many HP ER cups

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Use off-set goblets you maniac

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The current event kind of rules

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kale posted:

I mean now that it's kind of here (not that people are engaging in any of it here just commenting) and seeing how bad things are going it's a little hard to ignore completely unless I just don't come here either.
You're literally the person who brings all that stuff to this thread.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Some big mental gymnastics to ignore moon festival as not part of the rewards, including literal respawning chests for 3 areas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Do the chests continue to respawn after you hit 100%?