Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hellioning posted:

Wouldn't Jhin be in jail right about now? Also, Jhin is a stagehand, not a scientist.

...Unless that's :thejoke:

oh so a guy cant be a scientist just because hes a stage hand? thats sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

oh so a guy cant be a scientist just because hes a stage hand? thats sick

I'm pretty sure the pretty boy scientist is Viktor.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

pog boyfriend posted:

yesterday we learned that CC has a minimum duration, but that minimum duration is variable. earlier we also discovered that purchasing an item while a DOT is active applies the effects to subsequent ticks of that DOT, meaning if you die and have a DOT active, you can buy something like liandries or ludens and have it apply to the next tick. i do not know how useful this information will be to anyone, but here you go.

That's also why you need to be careful when buying an item right after you die as a liandry's mage or someone else with a dot. If you deal damage to someone you can no longer use "undo" for purchases, because the purchase had an effect. I haven't tested if taking damage from a dot on the foundation stops you undoing health item purchases though.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TheAnomaly posted:

I'm pretty sure the pretty boy scientist is Viktor.

The guy introducing hextech with the thick eyebrows and black hair is almost certainly Jayce, and the dude to the left of him is likely Viktor, since they studied together at the same academy in Piltover. The dude with the hosed up eye is probably Singed, since all of Singed's official art shows him with a deformed left eye, and it's been implied that his experimentation with chemtech mutations led to the creation of Warwick and to the orphanage that Vi and Jinx were from burning down.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

also its very likely Vi/Jinx's dad/caretaker in this show is gonna become warwick

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Vermain posted:

The guy introducing hextech with the thick eyebrows and black hair is almost certainly Jayce, and the dude to the left of him is likely Viktor, since they studied together at the same academy in Piltover. The dude with the hosed up eye is probably Singed, since all of Singed's official art shows him with a deformed left eye, and it's been implied that his experimentation with chemtech mutations led to the creation of Warwick and to the orphanage that Vi and Jinx were from burning down.

Also, there's some images and names of the cast on twitter.

https://twitter.com/arcaneshow/status/1440331053860745217/photo/1

https://twitter.com/arcaneshow/status/1440331823834300426

https://twitter.com/arcaneshow/status/1440330822792351752/photo/1

Mr. messed up eye man is named SIlco, but there is a non-zero chance that he's still Singed and just changes his name.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
diisco heat started posting again. league is saved.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/dev/champion-roadmap-september-2021/

More purely visual updates coming soon, first is definitely Cait

New ADC and support are coming next year, both probably from Piltover & Zaun. They probably wanted to fit them into an event for Arcane and the Cait relaunch was probably part of that but they pushed it because of the reception for the Ruination event. I'm gonna hazard a guess that the support might be one of the chem barons, Corina Veraza, who has been fleshed out in Legends of Runeterra and is Cait's nemesis.

Udyr design is locked in, the base form looks ok but you are gonna be looking at his stances the whole game so we'll have to wait to see the finalized versions of those.

e: https://twitter.com/RiotAugust/status/1442581102384726023

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 27, 2021

strong bird
May 12, 2009

challenge what it means to have a ranged attack = u get 4 bullets

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Given the statements about a 'machine gun pace' and 'playing like a shooter' I'm going to assume the marksman has a whole bunch of weaker autoattacks that they can use while moving instead of normal autos.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

this new guys auto attack is gonna be a lightning bolt that will hit everything in its path - the shooter its emulating is quake

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

strong bird posted:

challenge what it means to have a ranged attack = u get 4 bullets

No no no

5 bullets.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Hellioning posted:

Given the statements about a 'machine gun pace' and 'playing like a shooter' I'm going to assume the marksman has a whole bunch of weaker autoattacks that they can use while moving instead of normal autos.

Yeah I'm assuming Tracer from HotS

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Hellioning posted:

So Tracer?

e: always refresh the page.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Hellioning posted:

urgot was already released

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jerkface posted:

this new guys auto attack is gonna be a lightning bolt that will hit everything in its path - the shooter its emulating is quake

Varya is pretty fun, yeah

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Firebert posted:

Yeah I'm assuming Tracer from HotS

My immediate thought was Lucio but same basic idea.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Hellioning posted:

Someone said it but that's, uhhh, Urgots W.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TheAnomaly posted:

Urgot cannot choose his attack target (easily) and even with it being “fast” it’s still a slow attack speed compared to say, every bullet Jinx fires with her mini-gun being an instant of damage. As an example of a hypothetical Tracer style auto attack.

Think permanent Ashe Focus Fire.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Udyr looks like he exists just to slot into the pentakill skin line

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the new league support is going to scale off how much riot points you have

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Autoattack in on Q. Permanent Q cool down reductions every 30 seconds that goes by where you don't use a ward.

End of game is just you breaking the Q key on your keyboard from hammering it so much.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Q would be their ultimate button and activate Quad Damage

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Auto attack every time you correctly type a prompted word. Less APM more WPM. Because it's educational, China will let children play it more than 1 hour per day.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

piL posted:

Auto attack every time you correctly type a prompted word. Less APM more WPM. Because it's educational, China will let children play it more than 1 hour per day.

Please type "The"

Please type "6,000"

Please type "Year"

Please type "History"

Please type "of"

Please type "China"

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TheAnomaly posted:

Also Urgot doesn't get that on his autos until level 9.

Also also that's still more unique than most marksmen.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
reverse kalista where you can only autoattack if you bunker down

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SlyFrog posted:

Autoattack in on Q. Permanent Q cool down reductions every 30 seconds that goes by where you don't use a ward.

End of game is just you breaking the Q key on your keyboard from hammering it so much.

that's just old evelynn. and the other old evelynn. And the other OTHER old evelynn...also current evelynn

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Maybe the adc can channel rapid skillshots while moving + aiming the cursor or something.

Support that likes gold is probably something lame like 'is from bilgewater'.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

their auto is a tether and like most tethers the leash range is slightly higher than the acquisition range

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

diisco heat started posting again. league is saved.

not yet. someone call matazat

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Maybe they'll just make a skill that you hold down like a trigger instead of having an auto attack so you'll have to aim your autos instead of actually being able to right click.

Combine that with being able to freely move while using it and you've basically got a Smite ADC, which would certainly be a lot different I suppose

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
new hero person with talking gun, the gun is wacky. alt skin very Serious. has a dash and conditional damage flag triggered by passive.

the gun makes a joke about being cocked

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Voxx posted:

new hero person with talking gun, the gun is wacky. alt skin very Serious. has a dash and conditional damage flag triggered by passive.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I figured the new champ would have an electrical field or something, sorta like a sunfire but with the tick rate affected by attack speed or some such nonsense.

I want an ADC that's a tank, like the vehicle, not the role. Just pootling around, shooting stuff with a big cannon. Preferably haunted by ghosts or driven by a crew of the melee and caster minions maybe (they're getting their revenge!). If they need it to have a sexy anime lady factor it could have a lady drawn on it I guess.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's gonna be a Tesla coil. Look at top right.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's gonna be a Tesla coil. Look at top right.

'It's a gun, Jayce. A gun that shoots Statikk Shivs.'

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

thebardyspoon posted:

I want an ADC that's a tank, like the vehicle, not the role. Just pootling around, shooting stuff with a big cannon. Preferably haunted by ghosts or driven by a crew of the melee and caster minions maybe (they're getting their revenge!). If they need it to have a sexy anime lady factor it could have a lady drawn on it I guess.

We’re stealing ideas from HotS again.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sgt. Hammer was great.