Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
just in case someone was thinking they could pin their hopes on literal magic or intervention by a pantheon of gods or something, the UK took care of that:

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1442859029072580613?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Liberals in 10 years: "Actually, there are 11 months of the year where human beings CAN survive outdoors in California"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mlmp08 posted:

just in case someone was thinking they could pin their hopes on literal magic or intervention by a pantheon of gods or something, the UK took care of that:

LOL these motherfucking dumb limeys just doomed their shithole island. "Bad mojo" doesn't even begin to describe the magnitude of what they incurred

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Chamale posted:

Liberals in 10 years: "Actually, there are 11 months of the year where human beings CAN survive outdoors in California"

an optimist, are ye?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Could you imagine if she just quit? Just said "gently caress it go find yourselves another spokesperson. gently caress this poo poo. I quit."

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

mlmp08 posted:

The museum in Salzburg has a white stag that was shot by Archduke Ferdinand in 1913

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Semi off topic, but is the idea of economic succession a thing? Like the idea of ecological succession.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

A white stag represents Christ in Arthurian legend

lmao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Blockade posted:

A white stag represents Christ in Arthurian legend

lmao

doubly appropriate since a modern coming of christ would just get murdered for being a brown protestor

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Chamale posted:

The museum in Salzburg has a white stag that was shot by Archduke Ferdinand in 1913

LMFAO.

I love these little snippets. They make life worthwhile.

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

Semi off topic, but is the idea of economic succession a thing? Like the idea of ecological succession.

Probably, but Economics is closer to religion than science. Any attempt to explain its processes by appealing to nature is problematic and ultimately will just be another propaganda tool for the 1%.

It's a bit like how this same group uses social darwinism without understanding what fitness actually means or that co-operation can be as adaptive as competition. Naked mole rats are as fit as lions but everyone wants to be the big photogenic megafauna eating their young and starving to death at the first drought.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Greta Thunberg posted:

“There is no planet B, there is no planet blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah," she said.

"This is not about some expensive, politically correct, green act of bunny hugging or blah blah blah. Build back better, blah blah blah. Green economy, blah blah blah. Net zero by 2050, blah blah blah. Net zero by 2050, blah blah blah. Net zero, blah blah blah. Climate neutral, blah blah blah," Thunberg went on.

She said in a speech to the Youth4Climate summit in Milan, Italy, on Tuesday. “This is all we hear from our so-called leaders. Words that sound great but so far have not led to action. Our hopes and ambitions drown in their empty promises.”

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1442887266989449221

Greta gonna off herself by 30, ain't she?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Mike the TV posted:

Sorry but if you are waiting to use your savings, you will cash out too late

*sun sets on the human race for the final time as i realize i still have 45 megalixirs in my inventory*

"motherfucker"

Serf
May 5, 2011

i was told she's an op

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

God Hole posted:

the real thread asteroid movie is actually These Final Hours

First I've heard of this movie and it sounds incredibly bleak. Perfect for this thread!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

how about them pipelines, fellas?

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Serf posted:

i was told she's an op

"The time for bla bla bla is over. If you want real action to stop climate disaster by any means necessary, go to inhabit.global and sign up immediately!"

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Clever Moniker posted:

First I've heard of this movie and it sounds incredibly bleak. Perfect for this thread!

It's pretty good, not great, but it's worth watching just for the Party at the End of the World scene.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Hopefully this thread gets moved elsewhere if the mods ice the subforum. I'd hate for the excellent LMAO culture we've developed here to be scattered to the winds. :ohdear:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
lmao rime what are you doing advertising this thread in the QCS shooting thread while making a bid for cspam mod?

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Rime posted:

Hopefully this thread gets moved elsewhere if the mods ice the subforum. I'd hate for the excellent LMAO culture we've developed here to be scattered to the winds. :ohdear:

Losing this thread would seriously suck.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

lmao rime what are you doing advertising this thread in the QCS shooting thread while making a bid for cspam mod?

Lol what? Lmao don't post links to this thread in qcs what the gently caress?

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Rime posted:

Am I missing some context here? Who's talking about deleting this forum? I just recently discovered it and it's such a breath of fresh air from D&D :(.

In any case, maybe it's worth creating a Discord or twitter list or something like that for the posters in this thread in case that does happen.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

rime is an op

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
you all knew rime was a climber before you took him in

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

bowser posted:

Am I missing some context here? Who's talking about deleting this forum? I just recently discovered it and it's such a breath of fresh air from D&D :(.

In any case, maybe it's worth creating a Discord or twitter list or something like that for the posters in this thread in case that does happen.

A goon who posted in the cool zone thread shot a proud boy during a protest, also he looks like a loving dork and it's loving hilarious. He made a sock puppet account to post about it. The guy he shot is named "tiny toes". Check the succ zone thread. This is literally the creation of new SA lore on the level of groverhaus and it's happening right now and it's amazing.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

IAMKOREA posted:

Losing this thread would seriously suck.

There’s always the D&D thread!

It’s not too bad if you remember to end each post with “and that’s why nuclear power will save us!” :v:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I have a crippling addiction to LMAO's, it's always been a problem. :cripes:

E: I forgot the entire first page of this thread is empty quotes, LOL.

Rime has issued a correction as of 20:39 on Sep 28, 2021

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Funky See Funky Do has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Sep 28, 2021

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
gonna miss this thread but lol if jeffrey of false valor actually close c-spam over this

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Incredible. u luv to see it folks

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
if jeff closes cspam and leaves tfr around, double lmao

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Subforums dead so what

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
triple lmao if it gets closed because rime posted in qcs and posters came here, saw our first page posts as "inciting direct action" without grokking that this is the ultimate "gently caress it, nothing matters, direct action doesn't matter, just sit back and wait for 7C hellworld to wash everything away" thread

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Alobar posted:

yeah, yeah, because we're actually monkeys and the records of our egos through what we've scrawled on the walls of our digital caves won't make any loving sense without context from another creature looking or listening and understanding

gently caress, are we a cult? if humanity survives, this thread and its posters could possibly be viewed as some existentialist cult

like, yes, i exist as Alobar irl with my identity and poo poo but, also, it doesn't loving matter

if no other animal ever figures out how to read or understand what we wrote down, who gives a gently caress?

hell, there are human records and languages that we, as humans, can't decipher even with how powerful our technology has become

bees make honeycombs and honey and poo poo, this is what humans made

in the end, it might as well just be thousands of years of dog barks and paw prints

woof woof

lol

lmao

heh heh heh, dog will hunt

I wrote a bunch about it, it was a really loving intense experience. on the come up I panicked for a while cuz I realized *it* was just gonna be there the whole time, but then I realized that that was just gonna be the trip and I had to roll with it, so I did.

The eliminative materialist guys talk about something called the semantic apocalypse, and this was p much that. Monster-vision. Not only does nothing matter, nothing ever mattered. Not only are humans already extinct, but they never really existed in the first place. Ever since Marx it's been communism or extinction, and the failure of communism also means the failure of humanity to justify its continued existence - or to come into existence at all. In the face of certain extinction, the communist 'ought' looks less like an historical phenomenon and more like an onto-theological feature of the universe itself.

Live that cannot regulate its metabolism with a biosphere dies, and there's nothing bad or sad or wrong about this. Only sufficiently eco-checked or sufficiently communist life persists. Why would anybody want to live in a universe structured differently? How could a universe even be structured differently?

So yeah we've been in a cult for probably our entire existence, and only recently has it been possible to step outside the cult horizon. As for a final message, there's only one lesson we have to impart - if the capitalists come to your world, you must kill them all or perish.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
its excellent that throwaway posts are so beyond the pale unbelievable to the well-thinking posters in QCS they are piled upon immediately lol

goddamn the American psyche is going to make every horror movie look like child's play when poo poo really hits the fan eh

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
And then they'll pay. Then they'll all pay...

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

God Hole posted:

the real thread asteroid movie is actually These Final Hours

I had never heard of this movie and I just watched it and it was sad and very realistic and very much in the CSPAM mold, tyvm

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

FistEnergy posted:

I had never heard of this movie and I just watched it and it was sad and very realistic and very much in the CSPAM mold, tyvm

I'd totally forgotten that I'd seen this before.

It's on youtube in its entirety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avn3fDVflVg

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

FistEnergy posted:

no prob! see also:

aniara (critics choice!)
children of men
the terror
first reformed (thread favorite!)
melancholia (infinitely quotable!)
the turin horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i watched planet of the humans before bed last night lmao

we really are pests. but at what point will people start to panic? if at all?