Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

This poo poo is depraved lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

whatever happened to making sitcoms about slightly off-kilter home arrangements, bad marriages, and aliens? why would you ever make something like this

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Don't worry, I won't get in the way of your celebrity worship.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what do you think about David Attenborough

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I tend to like his nature documentaries. In fact, I like nature documentaries in general. I don't know why you'd want to watch some rich dude get paid to have an exotic globetrotting vacation beyond the reach of 99.99999% of the planet when you could just watch one of those instead, but you do you.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Falstaff posted:

I tend to like his nature documentaries. In fact, I like nature documentaries in general. I don't know why you'd want to watch some rich dude get paid to have an exotic globetrotting vacation beyond the reach of 99.99999% of the planet when you could just watch one of those instead, but you do you.

oh so you like when the white guy does a nature documentary. interesting

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Yep, you caught me. You're the smarty dude, congratulations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

🥇I accept this W on behalf of all posters except those who couch their silly contrarianism in woke anti-celebrity worship language

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

oh so you like when the white guy does a nature documentary. interesting

What

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

That's a lot of mopey fake teens

Riverdale did a time skip so I think the actors a playing their real ages now

In the show they all got jobs at their old high school so they could keep the sets

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there's no point in remaking something that was perfect to begin with.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at the Afghanistan show, especially because the premise is flawed. in reality, "Al" was left behind, died in 2011, and the veteran is drinking himself to death alone until he puts a gun in his mouth

them trying to explain the horror of the fall of kabul via someone who would have been clinging to the landing gear is mind-breaking

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Riverdale did a time skip so I think the actors a playing their real ages now

In the show they all got jobs at their old high school so they could keep the sets

ah, just like the popular kids from my high school who peaked in their teens

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

goons are pop culture.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

whatever happened to making sitcoms about slightly off-kilter home arrangements, bad marriages, and aliens? why would you ever make something like this

Sitcoms are dead.
The internet killed jokes.
Now they are all trying to pivot to dramas.

Nonsense posted:

goons are pop culture.
Millennals will be the last group to have a share common culture. Do'h!

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 19:42 on Sep 28, 2021

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

love that in the Very Special Episode promo about how an Afghani person handles a traumatizing real-world event the american soldier is the focus of every shot

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
A US drone strike kills Al's family but they covered it up and told him it was the Taliban.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

someone leaked a bunch of episode descriptions of season 2 and wow is this show wild

S02E03: AL and his army buddy Riley return to Afghanistan to start a poppy farm and save Als family. Lizzie eats a burrito that is way too spicy

S02E09: Hijinks ensue as Riley security team accidentally executes an afghan schoolgirl for showing a bit of her ankle. Al struggles with guilt as he realizes that the moderate rebels they have been training and arming are not so moderate after all, and also because he forgot Rileys birthday. Vanessa adopts a dog that is way too big

S02E18: Als false flag attack on America goes hilariously awry. Riley tortures some folx. Art buys a motorcycle that is way too loud

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

i think it's possible to write a good, funny sitcom, just that most currently employed sitcom writers strictly will not

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This show sounds hilarious

quote:

Riley is suffering from tinnitus. As a result, Al asks Riley to apply for disability at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Riley, who does not want to, rejects the idea, screams at Al, and gets drunk at a bar. While Hazel goes camping in her backyard and sets up a tent with her family, Lizzie leaves to pick Riley up but is tricked into drinking. Now drunk, she calls Al, who arrives and criticizes Riley and Lizzie for their actions. Back home, Riley apologizes to Art, who also criticizes him; Riley goes to the kitchen and cries. The next day, he drops Hazel off with Vanessa and tells her that he will apply for disability at VA. In a flashback set in Afghanistan, Riley shows Al that he broke his finger.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/comichron/status/1442640372430254082

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/jacobdotgov/status/1442938978219425792?s=20

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
clint eastwood stinks man

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Christopher Guest movies own tho

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Clint Eastwood may be a lifelong republican but he's also senile, so that leads to decisions like appearing at the RNC so he can yell at an empty chair or making a movie about OUR BRAVE TROOPS WHO STOPPED THE JIHADI TERRORIST ATTACK but not casting any actors in it

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Serf posted:

first reformed is so good for about 98% of the runtime and then turns to absolute dogshit at the last moment lol

what

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

imagine if instead hawke walked out, closed his eyes, and pressed the button... drat it wouldve been epic

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

imagine if instead hawke walked out, closed his eyes, and pressed the button... drat it wouldve been epic

this but the first and only season of homeland

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

The United States posted:

Clint Eastwood may be a lifelong republican but he's also senile, so that leads to decisions like appearing at the RNC so he can yell at an empty chair or making a movie about OUR BRAVE TROOPS WHO STOPPED THE JIHADI TERRORIST ATTACK but not casting any actors in it

he’ll be around in another 10 years where he’s just senile enough to be elder abused into starring as Biden in a conservative movie

Serf
May 5, 2011

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

this or drinking the drano would have been better than what we got lol

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I'm 99% the ending was... something else (are we just openly spoiling it?) and they were ordered to change it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Paul Schrader has written the lonely self destructive man kills himself ending before and it's not surprising that the movie with heavy religious themes ended with the main character finding some grace

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I wonder which books are up.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Serf posted:

this or drinking the drano would have been better than what we got lol

shut up

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

this forum is so loving stupid

Serf
May 5, 2011

no u

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Knight posted:

Paul Schrader has written the lonely self destructive man kills himself ending before and it's not surprising that the movie with heavy religious themes ended with the main character finding some grace

it was also strongly telegraphed. maybe you think that sucks also but idk how you could love all the other seyfried scenes and still be disappointed with the ending

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

good to hear comics have found a whole new reader though

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

General Dog posted:

If you could send 2001 one non-documentary cultural artifact (movie, tv episode, music video, etc) to warn the past of what’s coming, just in general, what would it be?

Michael Bay's The Transformers (2007). They need to know that the killer robots are already here and that we need to prepare to deal with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The United States posted:

Leave the man alone, he just makes films about how much he wants to gently caress thick latina ladies now.