Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

eXXon posted:

I can't believe that the Canes passed on Couture so many times.

poo poo, I actually did not think of him at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Seattle Kraken select Mike Smith as our backup.

The odds of 39 year old Smith repeating last season while playing 55+ games is IMO incredibly low. The chance of him being almost as good while playing 25 as my teams backup are much more believable. At 2.2 mil I think it’s a good bet.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Skipping ahead the New York Rangers select speedy bottom-six winger and poutine lover Mathieu Joseph

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I need a goalie and I need to hit the cap so let's go with the fattest shape of his life Matt Murray

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I believe I have a pick so I will take Teddy Blueger

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1415416489067352064?s=20

Svechnikov-Hughes-Garland
Beauvillier-Seguin-Bratt
Blueger

Rielly-Brodie
Lindgren-Parayko

Hart
Andersen

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

'Cause I know when that Hotline Bling...that can only mean one thing.
I know when that Hotline Bling...that can only mean one thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDcXO2gOeTo

And that means Columbus selects Vladislav Gavrikov.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aexGoawGFvk

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Didn't see an answer to this so, since Malkin is dead, how does IR work in this fun game (if it does at all)?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Didn't see an answer to this so, since Malkin is dead, how does IR work in this fun game (if it does at all)?

I think provided you can sell how you are using LTIR in the end of draft ‘how awesome/poo poo is my team’ summary post your fine. That said when it gets plugged into the sim you will likely end up in cap trouble, at which point the computer will likely trade Stamkos for Loui Eriksson to save cap space.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Skipping kalensc (I’m not taking any Québécois this time) and the Tampa Bay Lightning select

Zach Aston-Reese
Anders Bjork

———
JVR-Zibanejad-Sherangovich
Blackwell-Larkin-Yamamoto
Bjork-Aston Reese-Granlund (the “shut it the gently caress down” line)

Dahlin-Trouba
Suter-ZUB

Hellebuyck

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Aston Reese is great. Was thinking about taking him soon.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ZAR doesn't center though. But Granlund has

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Zach Aston-Reese just got COVID and as such had shot up to the top of my list

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

ZAR doesn't center though. But Granlund has

Noted. Hockey Reference lists him as a center but I see now he barely took any FOs.

But yeah I had to jump on Aston-Reese now, he is one of the best defensive forwards in the game. I mean look at this poo poo!

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1423336731957411842?s=20

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Columbus follows up their last Vladislav pick with another, selecting Vladislav Namestnikov. He's cheap, is listed as playing all three positions, and we hope is useful on the third line.

93 RNH-91 Stamkos-# Eberle
43 Sheary-71 Malkin*-62 Lehkonen
90 Namestnikov-21 Trocheck-
- -

29 Dunn-3 Klingberg
27 Murray-88 Schmidt
44 Gavrikov-

31 Grubauer
_

*-Injured, will need to go on IR, however that works.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

Noted. Hockey Reference lists him as a center but I see now he barely took any FOs.

But yeah I had to jump on Aston-Reese now, he is one of the best defensive forwards in the game. I mean look at this poo poo!

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1423336731957411842?s=20

ZAR is weird because from an eye test perspective he's extremely vanilla but he's an analytics darling. He's not really a guy you'd watch and think man that guy is an elite shutdown guy but apparently he is.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

ZAR is weird because from an eye test perspective he's extremely vanilla but he's an analytics darling. He's not really a guy you'd watch and think man that guy is an elite shutdown guy but apparently he is.

I do wonder how much of that is from playing with Blueger who absolutely looks the part of an elite shutdown guy

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I do wonder how much of that is from playing with Blueger who absolutely looks the part of an elite shutdown guy

JFresh has a whole article about it and that does not seem to be the case

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ah, neat. Glad he's sticking around then. His first season I thought he had a decent shot at being a goal scorer but his shot and skating never really developed, but good on him for making it work, because like Ginette said, he certainly doesn't look like anything special on this ice but is also absolutely the type of player that coaches fall in love with for that sort of reliability

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Okay, T-Bone has a skipped pick, tarbrush has a skipped pick, and kalensc has two skipped picks.

WeaponX is up until 4:24 ET.

Then:

tarbrush (if they pick beforehand, otherwise auto-skipped)
VOTE1
Ginette Reno
fawning deference
El Gallinero Gros

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

MononcQc posted:

The Chicago Blackhawks have been made aware that Tony DeAngelo's views might be risky when it comes to issues such as Covid-19, vaccination, or more general health concerns. This, once again, has the upside of generating a lot of action in our still pretty empty dressing room.

We had to dig deep to figure out how to counteract the strong independent spirit of DeAngelo. As we furrowed our brows pondering our lineups, one of our scouts saw their own reflections on the glass table, and the crease in their forehead reminded them that our own crease is still empty.

We found out that goaltender MACKENZIE BLACKWOOD's mother, Rhonda Crocker-Ellacott, is the President and CEO of the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre. We hereby build our team on the assumption that if need arises, he can bring facts, if not his mother herself, to the locker room to set things right. In the worst cases, we hope to save on cost for hospitalization by bringing teammates to free ICU beds. This should be sufficient to balance out our recent acquisition of Tony DeAngelo.

Welcome to the Chicago Blackhawks, Mackenzie Blackwood! May your stability in net open up new doors for our lineup!

heh

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1442924604721274880?s=19

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Oh man. gently caress.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The New York Rangers select Alexandre Texier. Oui oui.
————
Lee-Eichel-Caulfield
Zadina-Roslovic-Zuccarello
Texier-Appleton-Joseph

Girard-Petry
Lindholm-Drysdale

Ullmark

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Boldy/Perfetti were good picks. I would have taken one of them with my next but failing that I'll go with Seth Jarvis

quote:

Seth Jarvis
Jarvis was far and away the best player for the Hurricanes in this tournament. His speed was elite, he was making plays, scoring goals and being an overall threat in all three zones. The 13th overall pick in 2020 was as good as advertised and is very clearly a top prospect in the Hurricanes’ system. Jarvis’ all around game is elite and although he may not make the NHL roster this season, it’s clear that he’ll be an NHL player in the near future. Jarvis was the best player on the ice at any given moment, using his speed to create offense and draw penalties. Jarvis was utilized in almost every situation, giving the Hurricanes multiple reasons to give him a shot in camp. Even though their roster is close to being set, it wouldn’t surprise me if Jarvis sticks around in camp for a good while.

quote:

Jarvis opened eyes with how good he was right away in the AHL this season, scoring seven goals and 11 points in nine games right out of his draft season. He wasn’t quite as dominant in the WHL as expected, but he was still very good. He has so many NHL assets. Jarvis is a great skater and an even better competitor. He’s a force to deal with coming down the wing because of how well he attacks the net, and how quick and relentless he is on loose pucks to create rushes. He has great skill and can make creative plays to generate offense, on top of being a mid-range shot threat, but it’s his quick, direct style of play that makes me think he’ll be a good top-six forward in the NHL.

There are a bunch of guys I like here but I think Jarvis's speed and puck pursuit makes him ideal for what I'm building in San Jose.

M.Tkachuk - Zegras - Meier
B.Tkachuk - Cozens- Kakko
- - Jarvis

Heiskanen - Severson
Skeji - Dobson
Power - Subban

Murray

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 28, 2021

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

JFresh has a whole article about it and that does not seem to be the case

Yeah I didn't think he was bad or anything it's just weird how elite he is because you'd never guess that watching him. It's not like watching I dunno prime John Madden where his defensive impact seemed really visible even without the stats to back it up.

Actually in saying that I'm now somewhat curious on how good John Madden was analytically. It certainly used to seem like that Madden/Pandolfo combo was really tough to deal with

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Seattle Kraken will select another defensive forward, Jason Dickinson

Bit centre heavy now, so I’m going to put Middelstadt across to LW (apparently started the NHL playing LW)

Jonathan Marchessault Christian Dvorak Mikko Rantanen
Casey Mittelstadt Nick Scmaltz Craig Smith
Warren Foegele Jason Dickinson — xx

Roman Josi Ryan McDonagh
Torey Krug
Brendan Dillon

Darcy Kuemper
Mike Smith

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I take this as a sign that my team is going to work even better then

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

MononcQc posted:

I take this as a sign that my team is going to work even better then

You really manifested the CHUDness within him. The power of fantasy drafts.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Argh, gently caress it me I only know Knights at this point Matthias Janmark.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/JacketsInsider/status/1442993738893062152?s=20

https://twitter.com/Rhys_Jessop/status/1442993848343429124?s=20

all hail my genius!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Alright, so the Devils will take Matthew Beniers. Likely not playing for a few seasons but has the makings of a top center and his compete level is through the roof.

Mangiapane-O'Reilly-Oshie
Pinto-Eriksson-Ek-Sturm
MFoligno-Pageau-???
???-Beniers-???

Toews-McAvoy
Whitecloud-Tanev

Petersen

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 29, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

fawning deference posted:

The Devils are pleased that Anton Lundell is still on the board. He's 19 and looks NHL-ready after 16 goals in 26 goals in Liiga. Lundell is a 200-foot player, right in line with the rest of the forwards. He plays smart anticipatory hockey and ought to develop into a stellar two-way center. Might I add he's already 6'1 190 and I get 3 years of ELC salary.

Mangiapane-O'Reilly-Oshie
Pinto-Eriksson-Ek-Sturm
MFoligno-Pageau-???
???-Lundell-???

Toews-McAvoy
Whitecloud-Tanev

Petersen

He's so great I picked him a round or two ago.

tarbrush posted:

Argh, gently caress it me I only know Knights at this point Matthias Janmark.

You have a second pick to make too.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Jason Demers
Marc-Édouard Vlasic

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary selects LW Joel Kiviranta

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Phone posting so gimme Josh Anderson oh ya

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Gotta get another right winger while the getting is good

give me (surprisingly expensive) Kevin Hayes

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Going for Ville Heinola D

Building for the future now

Taylor Hall - Matt Barzal - Oliver Wahlstrom
Matthias Janmark - Charlie Coyle - Evgenii Dadonov
Alex Kerfoot - Peyton Krebs - Lukas Raymond

Brayden McNabb - Alex Pietrangelo
Ty Smith - Ville Heinola

Igor Shesterkin

tarbrush fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Sep 29, 2021

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Derek Forbort

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1420420817406599174?s=20

Svechnikov-Hughes-Garland
Beauvillier-Seguin-Bratt
Blueger

Rielly-Brodie
Lindgren-Parayko
Forbort

Hart
Andersen

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Pick incoming...

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ottawa Senators select Gustav Nyquist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

The Bruins will pick speedy checking guy Carl Hagelin!