Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Drakkel posted:

The first like 5 or so Survivor Series shows they tried having every single match being a Survivor Series match and it was an utter nightmare

mods??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drakkel posted:

The first like 5 or so Survivor Series shows they tried having every single match being a Survivor Series match and it was an utter nightmare

I am sorry you misspelled genius. :colbert:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Have we gotten defenders of this poo poo saying "It's called the Royal Rumble, but every match isn't a Royal Rumble!" yet?

yeah Lance storm on B&V lol

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Blaise330 posted:

Why does every reviewer act like extreme rules ppv matches have to be all weapon/table spamming hardcore matches? Coulda did like a cage match, a falls count anywhere match, a tornado tag, a battle royale, just various stips and gimmicks.

this is more or less how they handle TLC

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah Lance storm on B&V lol

Even then he said it would be fine if they hadn't set the precedent of ER being a stip heavy card, but the fact it had been set made the whole thing come off as an afterthought.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Incessant Excess posted:

this is more or less how they handle TLC

Not quite. You get a tlc match that's just a ladder match dressed up, a tables match which unlike a hardcore match involves precisely 1 table spot, and a chairs match which is two guys lightsaber fighting with chairs before converting into a mostly normal match. And that's all, that's it. Well.............. unless they bring back TLCS

With a stipulations ppv, you could have aaaanything. All that stuff I just listed PLUS anything from tlc PLUS, well, think of any stipulation match from the last 40 years. Don't think you'll get a casket match or judy bagwell on a pole but theres still like 50 stips to pick from and you just need like 6 or 7 a year.

Survivor Series matches are cool but they book too many and put too many people in there some of the years so you have guys getting pinned with clotheslines and rollups. That hour long mens Raw vs Smackdown survivor series was amazing. Like 2 or 3 survivor series matches with some real meat to them and very few rollup finishes seems like the sweet spot.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 27, 2021

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Aew is not taking full advance of Paul Wight, the master of the Stairs Match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One year sometime soon WWE is going to put on a Royal Rumble PPV with no Royal Rumble and their fans will insist there is no issue here, no problem at all.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"It's just the name of the PPV it doesn't mean they have to have a Royal Rumble. Everyone wants the fed to do something different but then cries when they do smh"

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

NienNunb posted:

Aew is not taking full advance of Paul Wight, the master of the Stairs Match

Erik Rowans coming to get his win back

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

dave wasn’t so much defending the show as much as he was essentially saying wwe themselves have played out the gimmick show idea and probably shouldn’t have shows centered around stips, but considering they booked a show with a single stip match, it made sense for them to not immediately deliver on it and instead build a story in the main event around it.

in an incredibly dave way that was WAY more forgiving of wwe than it should be, which means that basically bryan and dave were arguing completely separate points

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sleepwalkers posted:

dave wasn’t so much defending the show as much as he was essentially saying wwe themselves have played out the gimmick show idea and probably shouldn’t have shows centered around stips, but considering they booked a show with a single stip match, it made sense for them to not immediately deliver on it and instead build a story in the main event around it.

in an incredibly dave way that was WAY more forgiving of wwe than it should be, which means that basically bryan and dave were arguing completely separate points

Which is like 90% of Bryan and Dave conversations about WWE. Bryan is arguing that *insert dumb WWE thing here* is a bad idea and what they should do instead. Dave is arguing that Vince decided that *dumb WWE thing* is what he wants, and that the execution of that idea was good/bad/OK/kinda like this one thing Roy Shire booked in 1973 at the Cow Palace.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I literally muttered "of course it has" when Dave mentioned top rope breaking finish had been done before.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Which is like 90% of Bryan and Dave conversations about WWE. Bryan is arguing that *insert dumb WWE thing here* is a bad idea and what they should do instead. Dave is arguing that Vince decided that *dumb WWE thing* is what he wants, and that the execution of that idea was good/bad/OK/kinda like this one thing Roy Shire booked in 1973 at the Cow Palace.

it’s what makes WOR fun, and also occasionally infuriating

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tbh RD Reynolds and Vince Russo as a podcast duo works because Russo is too dumb to realize RD is laughing at him.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

sleepwalkers posted:

I'm less forgiving now that Raw has a cage match AND a no dq match which means it had more stips than Extreme Rules unless the triple threat counts as a soft 2nd stip match.

Jackie D posted:

Erik Rowans coming to get his win back

The final episode he appeared on was the last prepandemic show where Drew killed his spider. He has alot of revenge to get.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's a very simple formula - R.D. Reynolds hands Vince Russo some rope, and Russo hangs himself.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If you're really lucky, TLC also has a show-stealing WeeLC match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

You don't have to have every match being "Extreme Rules". But WWE control the outcome of their matches. So even for matches where DQ is a possibility it doesn't HAVE to happen.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo Dave. In reference to Goldberg saying he's going to kill Lashley: "Well he's going to Saudi Arabia so that's kind of a place where you might do it."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Holy poo poo Dave. In reference to Goldberg saying he's going to kill Lashley: "Well he's going to Saudi Arabia so that's kind of a place where you might do it."

hahaha

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan: “…is that so?”

Dave: “If you’re gonna murder someone, may as well go somewhere that the hierarchy kills people all the time”

…incredible

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

murder chat was amazing today

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan Alvarez talked briefly about MRT's fake AEW invoice on today's WOL :allears:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

the escape goat posted:

Bryan: “…is that so?”

Dave: “If you’re gonna murder someone, may as well go somewhere that the hierarchy kills people all the time”

…incredible

Dave's desert dry sense of humor is highly underrated.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan Alvarez talked briefly about MRT's fake AEW invoice on today's WOL :allears:

Remember how far into the show it was?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

Remember how far into the show it was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTeSPY7n6c

It's mentioned in this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thank you!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Thank you!

Where's this rank for you? I mean goading a Cornette fan into a racism is impressive...but this is actual media

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Where's this rank for you? I mean goading a Cornette fan into a racism is impressive...but this is actual media

He mentions it every once in awhile so it's not really new and WOL isn't MSNBC level, yet.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol the fuckin' mummy's voice they kept playing at the end of this

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t know why they included the mummy yell, but by god does that kill me every time I hear it.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Um did granny call Charlotte homely last night?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

probably

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

said sincerely, to Granny: So I guess we're criticizing people's appearances again?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
can't believe granny is cancelled, joining literally every other 91 year old

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Am I crazy or is that mummy noise a Death Grips yell

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
"A milk-whaa?"

"A milk-SHAKE, Granny. Now you know why I talk like this."

Died.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

sleepwalkers posted:

In any case it’s not the original, which is here at 0:45 https://youtu.be/Xy36R3vmE2A

I know, I was heartbroken when I found out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

sleepwalkers posted:

It's 100% MC Ride from the song Guillotine.