Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mirello posted:

its so stupid. I hate that anyone complaining about the game gets lumped in with assholes. I dont harass anyone, I dont review bomb. In fact, I bet the vast majority of discontent players don't. theres some crazies, that doesn't mean that everything is hunky dory. tbh, I dont really give a poo poo about anniversary rewards lol. I have ganyu, I can clear most of the content. I like the game a lot and I want it to get better. I enjoy the exploration, but after the next patch inazuma will be finished. people crave variety and new things. I dunno if its gonna be like half a year or more until any more real content, if the game will do as well. I really just wish theyd implement a real endgame. something like an endless abyss. rewards dont even have to be great or primogems (god forbid mhy make less money) just give me more stuff to do with my characters.

I thought this post summed up a lot of my issues:https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/pxgf47/worse_than_the_poor_anniversary_rewards_is_the/

also I'm pretty sure that all those articles about "genshin players review bombing random games" come from this obvious joke post https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Memepact/comments/pxnq38/this_is_getting_out_of_hand_man/

also also, I think by and large the honkai players are happy. one crazy dude doesnt change the mood of the community. if I said "jfk was a popular president" and linked to his approval ratings (quite high) him getting domed doesnt disprove it.

I'm 100% for some new ideas, balancing/adding talents for existing characters and some serious level cap raising in year 2 myself. I've started to hit some of the actual game story segment stuff in Honkai Impact and while it's interesting presentation it looks like they just body all of the bosses and encounters like nothing without getting a single scratch and like it could be kind of dull to actually play. I don't really want that to happen to Genshin either where it just becomes purely a story game/anime battle sim much as I like the presentation here too.

For me it's the practical stuff like that that effects how the game plays and keeping things interesting and not so much receiving x free stuff but I'm still not going to have an almighty melt down about it. Then again I'm a guy in my 30's who has better things to do than engage in internet drama and shitposting and claiming it's fun somehow. Maybe it's just me but I don't think at any point in my life that I would hace considered just flinging poo poo all around the internet a "fun" activity like a lot of teenage social media users seem to strongly believe in. Like what's so fun about just making a whole bunch of loving noise, flailing around and just threadshitting an entire community and any other one in any sort of proximity like Arknights, harassing tertiary people like English speaking VA's on contract from Funimation Group etc. and how did a good chunk of the internet generation seemingly convince themselves that this is "funposting"?

Kale fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

complaining about lack of content is just an inevitability with this kind of game and it's never gonna go away. may as well just accept that

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I want the fatui cryogunner, electrohammer, geochanter, anemoboxer, and fire gun guy to get buffed. They are the most fun enemies by a lot and are just too easy by AR55.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I have grown more and more to appreciate the casual nature of the game so I can't say the nebulous idea of endgame interests me. some other activity to do on a longer cycle like Abyss wouldn't be unwelcome, but I'd take stuff as simple as a small set of food delivery quests or glider courses etc.

it's hard to nail down whether people are asking for more difficulty or just activities though. in terms of difficult content, I'm fed enough from the occasional event focusing on it tbh. but perhaps dumping the old Symphony/Vagabond bosses into a domain with a once per patch clear reward (with a low threshold, but a permanent namecard from high performance) would be enough, as repeatable high end content to throw teams against that isn't Abyss.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I'm trying to level up the Tuna Lord for the free 1.5 Exp bonus does any one know if:

1. There is a nice place to murder a poo poo ton of slimes? Never thought I would be running low on the material.

2. Does the passive work with Stormbreaker?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

complaining about lack of content is just an inevitability with this kind of game and it's never gonna go away. may as well just accept that

It seems to have a pretty steady release schedule from what I can tell though. 6 weeks for major content updates, a new event every 10 days or so, new banner every 21 days and various other small updates they sprinkle inbetween. It's a much faster clip than say FFXIV which typically goes a few months in-between major patches and I find that fine too. When I finally do catch up to the current content I'll just find other stuff to do and not be weird about it on the internet I suppose.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
endgame content is tuning the mondstadt talent domain so that there's no resin cost but you gotta run it all day to get the rewards 180 resin gets you now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BexGu posted:

I'm trying to level up the Tuna Lord for the free 1.5 Exp bonus does any one know if:

1. There is a nice place to murder a poo poo ton of slimes? Never thought I would be running low on the material.

1. Slimes are all over the place but they seem most common in Liyue. This area specifically has a ton of them, above Liyue Harbor. There's some anemo ones on the cliffs and then a ton of hydro ones down in the shoals.

And if you need more you can go over to Guyun Stone Forest. If you still need more after that the area where Liyue connects to Dragonspine also has a bunch.

2. The passive works fine but like it says it only applies once every 15 seconds. The stats still make it very good for Beidou though.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 29, 2021

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

I want the fatui cryogunner guy to get buffed. They are the most fun enemies by a lot and are just too easy by AR55.

Oh wow this is actually a really greFUCK YOUUU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

buff them by giving them new moves, and then we can see that awful hitbox spray gun less often

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

I want the fatui cryogunner, electrohammer, geochanter, anemoboxer, and fire gun guy to get buffed. They are the most fun enemies by a lot and are just too easy by AR55.

*monkey paw curls* Fatui skirmishers are given inazuma release nobushi weight.

Tbh I really miss release nobushi, I had a lot of really cool fights with them, but I know this is very unpopular opinion. 12-1-1 was a bit too obnoxious even for my taste tho.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Is there a good way to beat the Electro skirmishers without a Cryo in your party? They take me forever

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Is there a good way to beat the Electro skirmishers without a Cryo in your party? They take me forever
Your only other option is to murder them before they shield (assuming you have the burst damage for that). The big Fatui have more restrictive counters than most elemental shields.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all of them work the same except anemo/geo, you just blow their poo poo up before they can even cast their armor

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The only "endgame" content i want in genshin is just stuff having more HP so I can style on enemies better instead of deleting them instantly

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
how do i have two r5 crafted claymores and like, two r1 bows

sort these drop distributions out! (actually don't the bows are kind of bad)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

how do i have two r5 crafted claymores and like, two r1 bows

sort these drop distributions out! (actually don't the bows are kind of bad)

i have a bunch of catalysts even though i barely ever use two catalyst characters

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Incoherence posted:

Your only other option is to murder them before they shield (assuming you have the burst damage for that). The big Fatui have more restrictive counters than most elemental shields.

I do sometimes, guess it’s just a matter of practice and saving everyone’s skill to just explode them as soon as I see them.
Also my Xingqiu isn’t even at 50 yet and his burst skill does so much damage, he’s kind of insane.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kale posted:

It seems to have a pretty steady release schedule from what I can tell though. 6 weeks for major content updates, a new event every 10 days or so, new banner every 21 days and various other small updates they sprinkle inbetween. It's a much faster clip than say FFXIV which typically goes a few months in-between major patches and I find that fine too. When I finally do catch up to the current content I'll just find other stuff to do and not be weird about it on the internet I suppose.

it's really not about how much content there is, it's about the way the game is designed to drip feed you poo poo to do so you always want more. I don't even blame people for this one because this is how they're supposed to feel

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mirello posted:

I mean, lemme see if I understand your logic, you think them giving the players pretend money might cost them, and that it's much preferable that every single social media and advertisement is bombed by dissatisfied players. this hypothetical disaster of giving everyone a free 5* would somehow cost them more than many articles and every discussion page and discord being consumed by this controversy?

since that guy earlier (incredibly stupidly) compared this to qanon, allow me to add my own incredibly stupid political comparison: this thread is just like Hilary in 2016, with her supporters saying everything was just fine no matter how obviously something was going wrong. this is a pr disaster, like it or not, and normally companies try to salvage themselves in a case like this. I almost admire how stonefaced mhy has been throughout it all.

you're right, that is an incredibly stupid comparison

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Boat Stuck posted:

yeah, this, it's definitely not "much better"

the CN honkai community got really pissed a few months ago over some really stupid thing, and some guy actually sneaked into Mihoyo's Shanghai headquarters with a kitchen cleaver, intending to assassinate Mihoyo's CEO

it made the news

edit:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/man-arrested-for-allegedly-attempting-to-assassinate-genshin-impact-studio-founders/1100-6490597/

is China the Florida of Asia?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Giving rewards to a visible mob that has in the past two days that has harassed voice actors, community artists, review bombed unrelated games to even stuff like FGO (??) and even some casual racism actually seems like a dumb idea right this second

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1443062983777738756

UTC-4 is the same as EST, so this is way too early in the morning.

Then there's the Genshin Concert, which is happening at 8:40 PM UTC+8. I'm getting real confused trying to convert these time zones, but it seems like the concert is actually starting 40 minutes after the stream starts.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

re endgame: they made a chinese community post a while ago about this supposedly, and the issue is that their average playtime per day is where they wanted it to be (30m-1h.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

re endgame: they made a chinese community post a while ago about this supposedly, and the issue is that their average playtime per day is where they wanted it to be (30m-1h.)

i mean china has made it illegal for teens to play more than an hour a day except on weekends or something like that. theres ways around that of course but still, they don't want to introduce systems that encourage people to play more per day.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mirello posted:

If they don't give anything, I bet a ton of people will leave.

Good riddance to entitled assholes? lol

Endorph posted:

I mean, most gacha games give gifts for the anniversary. It's reasonable to expect better gifts than what we got, or something unique, and be disappointed it isn't there.

"This other game does it!" is not a good reason to expect it. People were dumb and made assumptions and caused their own disappointment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmfao. the asian server just got 400 primos and a new glider with '1/4' in the title of the mail. they absolutely always had more rewards planned (no way they made a new glider in like two days) but people are absolutely gonna take it as victory

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

i mean china has made it illegal for teens to play more than an hour a day except on weekends or something like that. theres ways around that of course but still, they don't want to introduce systems that encourage people to play more per day.

i think this was from before the new law, but since games were ready to go with this feature before the law was in place i believe they understood what they should be aiming for. so in order to add more endgame they probably would add skip tickets so that people can save time elsewhere (probably to skip some amount of domains per week?)

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

I want a Guoba version of :dogstare: now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm pretty sure it takes longer to burn all your stamina in alchemy stars/arknights than do your dailies in Genshin which is hilarious

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Endorph posted:

lmfao. the asian server just got 400 primos and a new glider with '1/4' in the title of the mail. they absolutely always had more rewards planned (no way they made a new glider in like two days) but people are absolutely gonna take it as victory

The mail's about the upcoming concert and the glider's musically themed. I'd call the concert as part of the anniversary, on account of the timing, and the free primos part of the celebration, but since it's not spelled out on ten-metre high letters, some people might have difficulty connecting the dots

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Tae posted:

I'm pretty sure it takes longer to burn all your stamina in alchemy stars/arknights than do your dailies in Genshin which is hilarious

As a newer player the literal daily commissions and resin seem fine, it's things like fishing and mining and collecting random materials that are really annoying. And I'm not at the point of starting artifact grind but that seems bad too.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

BexGu posted:

https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/app/ys-map-sea/

There is an official map you can browse, checking all the slimes will give you a great idea of where to find them. You could also use the ingame enemy finder, but that doesn't catch every single enemy.

Which is odd, isn't it? We have an official map to point out where every enemy is, so why doesn't the ingame enemy finder just do the same? I can imagine maybe not showing the "hidden" enemy spawns that need you to get close to spawn in, but still...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bandaid.friend posted:

The mail's about the upcoming concert and the glider's musically themed. I'd call the concert as part of the anniversary, on account of the timing, and the free primos part of the celebration, but since it's not spelled out on ten-metre high letters, some people might have difficulty connecting the dots

the only weird thing here is that the glider was previously part of a paid bundle they announced, just pulled bc covid cancelled the irl concert

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hell yeah new glider

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

dogsicle posted:

the only weird thing here is that the glider was previously part of a paid bundle they announced, just pulled bc covid cancelled the irl concert

oh its THAT glider, nice

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

bandaid.friend posted:

but since it's not spelled out on ten-metre high letters, some people might have difficulty connecting the dots

To be fair I am autistic and it can be challenging connecting those dots

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

I keep staring at this and I think I've figured it out. The "lower nose" is really it's tongue and it's "lower eyes" are it's teeth. It's not wearing a hood nor does it have weird camouflage coloring, it just has another face for a mouth. Also I'm suing genshin for modelling it after my dog's likeness without credit. They even put in the part where he eats someone's entire meal in one bite right in front of them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
You have me to thank for the apologems and glider. I 1-starred an unrelated game and sent a VA a mean DM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

supposedly it'll be 4 days of rewards, so probably all the items from that 30 dollar concert bundle + 1600 primogems total. the bundle had 3 items in it, so there might be something else on one of the days along with the primos.

impossible to say if the primogems were "planned" rewards, but the extra items are definitely something they're giving away. i dont see any reason to send them by mail if they had planned for it though (given they already had made the login reward event.)