Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The new Integra supposed to be a GT car or what?
I've never owned nor driven one, but wasn't their whole deal being light, sporty, great-handling wonderfully crisp manual transmission cars?

At least it's a hatch, technically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Well it's not a crossover but a 4-door coupe, which is only slightly less bad.

It's a fastback hatch, a-la the Stinger, so it's actually cool and good.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

So its just gonna be an expensive civic hatchback and not a sports coupe. Neat so GR86 it is then, nice to have this problem solved early for me personally

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

I've never owned nor driven one, but wasn't their whole deal being light, sporty, great-handling wonderfully crisp manual transmission cars?

At least it's a hatch, technically?

Yeah I guess I'm a Honda guy now that I have a $500 Fit so I'm allowed to get mad

They're the same picture :shrug:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wheeee posted:

apparently it’s got a built version of the CVT with a bunch of changes and a cooler so it can even go up a hill without exploding

It's just the Levorg CVT and honestly not a single one of those "offroad" videos did anything to change my mind that a 20 year Forester with a real gearbox - and more importantly real diffs, not the 'e-diff' poorly engineered crap Subaru insists on these days - would absolutly kick it's rear end and send the new Outback home crying in shame.

Present CVT equipped Subarus cant get out of my driveway towing an empty box trailer without a fight. lovely Forester with lovely road tyres doesnt even raise a sweat. Not that anyone who buys a Outback Wilderness will ever take it off road. Frankly I will have done worse roads in my Levorg than any of those owners ever will - and probably faster too but rally driver on a gravel road of course I'm going to turn off every driver aid and traction control, then go have a bit of left foot fun. Open diff cars are very easy to skate about but once you need more, electronics are godawful compared to mechanical differentials. Also no real handbrake. Sure I can set up a scando flick but a real handbrake is a godsend offroad and should be mandatory and not just for hairpins.

Sure it's not meant for bellowing up a shire road at 257kph before digging into the brakes hard for a 90 right hander (Holden Commodore, Subarus with restrictors cant go that fast) but honestly modern soft roaders are loving crap compared to just 15 years ago for actual real ability and surefooted placement.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah I guess I'm a Honda guy now that I have a $500 Fit so I'm allowed to get mad

They're the same picture :shrug:

Works for me.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

lol welp

Their simpler awd system they use with manuals is still good despite the open diffs tho right? Crosstrek with the six speed looks cute but I've never owned a Subaru and the fondness I feel towards them is I think largely nostalgia for bashing around the bush in friends' little shitbox Subarus many years ago

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

FBS posted:

Works for me.

It's even more representative of the Integra heritage than that, they already did a 5 door!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

KakerMix posted:

I don't think any modern luxury brand is going to make a light sports car, but if this does come with a stick it'll exceed my expectations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Wheeee posted:

lol welp

Their simpler awd system they use with manuals is still good despite the open diffs tho right? Crosstrek with the six speed looks cute but I've never owned a Subaru and the fondness I feel towards them is I think largely nostalgia for bashing around the bush in friends' little shitbox Subarus many years ago

Manuals tend to have a Viscous coupling center, not 100% sure on that as there is differences between USDM and JDM/AUDM on this. AUDM no longer gets manual Crosstreks / XV's BUT while we did they got a viscous coupling rear diff as well. I know the WRX here has a VC but USA for some reason doesnt - or at one point didnt.

Usuing a STI 6 speed DCCD with a plated front / rear diff is harder to drive due to the understeer tendancy and want to go straight on, however get aggressive they dance so well and just consume poo poo trails with ease. Car companiesd going electronic rather than hardware really need to be.....

I was going to say shot but good god that's so the wrong expression to use anymore on SomethingAwful after today

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I was going to say shot but good god that's so the wrong expression to use anymore on SomethingAwful after today

as a habitual bookmarks only reader, what did I miss?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Laserface posted:

CSPAM guy shot a dude and got arrested.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Laserface posted:

Oooooh boy

A poster in C-SPAM was shot at a protest a few months ago and had the police drop the case. He took a gun to a protest today and shot a Proud Boy.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
he shot a felon who is known for beating people up at protests

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Laserface posted:

There's another way to interact with the forums? 🤨

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Can we all have a link so we don’t derail?

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Edit: Yeah nevermind, derail.

BuckyDoneGun fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 29, 2021

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

a primate posted:

Can we all have a link so we don’t derail?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980531

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

BraveUlysses posted:

he shot a felon who is known for beating people up at protests

and now the psycho chud anti-vaxxer is a victim and a hero to his cause

i can sympathize with why bucko did what he did, but it was a bad stupid harmful thing that’s going to work against his own goals, he’s thrown a huge portion of his life away for nothing

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

I don't think any modern luxury brand is going to make a light sports car, but if this does come with a stick it'll exceed my expectations.

It wouldn't be difficult for Acura to offer a manual as the manual is already federalized for the Civic with both the 1.5 and 2.0.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe the Integra will turn out to be the Civic Type R with less wild styling and better interior that many people said they wanted.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Koirhor posted:

So its just gonna be an expensive civic hatchback and not a sports coupe. Neat so GR86 it is then, nice to have this problem solved early for me personally

Yeah this is me now, or a Miata, because I'm not the kid Need for Speed Underground fan from 2003 who grew up and needs to haul around a family or half a house all the time.

I'm just turning into the kid Need for Speed Underground fan only now

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
WRX RIP

Type R RIP

Integra now chasing Hyundai

Veloster N Kona N's all you need to know where Hyundai's going

Golf R on the decline

Fiesta ST/Focus RS Ford USA hates me now

GR Corolla let's be honest, it'll never be what the GR Yaris is

John Cooper Works GP unicorn track car

Mercedes A45 AMG???? M-B USA also hates me

Mazda3 2.5T good but new Speed version is highly likely

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

the only thing left to do is choose which colour to get for your new challenger scat pack

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

By all accounts, the Veloster N is very very good.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The i30 N and i20 N's are *really* drat good. I wouldnt read much into the Kona getting a hot version, apart from they copied the Forester XT and it's not a CVT

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I've been waiting for a Japanese lift back for so long.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KillHour posted:

By all accounts, the Veloster N is very very good.

Too bad it's kinda ugly tho. The Elantra GT N (i30) is a way better looker imo, but now the sedan gets the N treatment instead and is also ugly.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/vehicles/2022-elantra-n

Ugh that front end

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I forgot how many creases the door panels had, gently caress. Yea I'd take the VN over that every day :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah even tho i'm not very fond of the VN styling wise, it's still way better than that sedan.

Is there even an Elantra GT at all anymore?

[e] Nope, from Hyundai : "Hyundai has announced that the Elantra GT and GT N-Line hatchback is being “discontinued from the lineup due to expanded SUV lineup that includes the Venue and Kona.” ... "

Shouldn't be surprised I guess

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
The 2.0 6mt Corolla hatch is a good and fun car. Its engaging and you can flog it without risking negligent driver charges.

We have 3k mike on a 2021 SE we picked up in July. For 20k out the door, i’ve Been really happy with the car. Sorta like a 90s level luxury interior/ ride quality, good suspension/handling, engine is fine enough, shifts feel nice, imt is cool.

After the warranty it will transition from my wife’s commuter to my dumb car, my plan is to get some nice dampeners/stiffen it up a little, add long runner header/exhaust/, sticky tires and drive the piss out of it.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
That makes me hopeful about the Corolla GR. I think the hatchback looks great, the small cargo area is a bummer though but not a deal breaker.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Well thats disappointing to see.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hyundai going LUXE on their Elantra update.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

The Koreans have done such a good job copying German and Japanese designs that the Japanese are now copying back from them.

It’s the circle of life.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Too bad it's kinda ugly tho. The Elantra GT N (i30) is a way better looker imo, but now the sedan gets the N treatment instead and is also ugly.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/vehicles/2022-elantra-n

Ugh that front end

Someone's department just got a new metal brake! Gotta put that sucker to use in as many ways as possible.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

The new Integra will look fine and kudos for bringing the nameplate back instead of Alphabetsoup Type-S.

They really should have called the TLX the Vigor or Legend.

That fastback shape means it'll have no headroom, I hope I'm wrong.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

I like it, at least it’s trying. It’s not beautiful but it’s alright given the design limitations enforced by mainstream production costs.

The 00’s and most of the 10’s were decades of largely terrible amorphous blob car design, companies aping Audi was ultimately for the best.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

smooth jazz posted:

They really should have called the TLX the Vigor or Legend.

That's entirely too long of a name for a car :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
I think those crazy doors are designed that way to add a little stiffness to some very thin sheet metal.