Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Declan MacManus posted:

by “copying and pasting the andy playbook” i meant the andy dalton playbook.

Oh gotcha, misunderstood the different Andys in play there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Semi-joke question: can Belichick lose to Tampa Bay bad enough that Kraft at least thinks about firing him?

Like 56-0, Brady sets the single game touchdown record *and* Jones is injured because Bill had him take 60 dropbacks with a bottom 5 offensive line in front of him?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Sirianni never seemed like a serious hire in the first place. There was zero excitement the moment the announcement was made -- the biggest impression I got from the reactions was "confusion". It looked like the Eagles hadn't thought through what happens after "Fire Pederson" and made a panic hire.
Duce Staley should've gotten it, and I'm glad he left when they burned him once again

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shyduck posted:

Duce Staley should've gotten it, and I'm glad he left when they burned him once again

Oh no, what if that's what if that's the Duce Hurts was really talking about?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Lol honestly it was likely 2 things:

1. Duce likes the run
2. Duce would've told Howie to go gently caress himself

Eagles wanted a pass-happy coach who they could control, well congratulations

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

sean10mm posted:

Semi-joke question: can Belichick lose to Tampa Bay bad enough that Kraft at least thinks about firing him?

Like 56-0, Brady sets the single game touchdown record *and* Jones is injured because Bill had him take 60 dropbacks with a bottom 5 offensive line in front of him?

No, but another double-digit loss season for the Pats might accelerate Bill’s retirement plans.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

sean10mm posted:

Belichick is going to need a couple losing seasons in a row before he gets "fired" and that firing will be him being pushed to retirement and sitting for a year before coming back to coach another team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

Belichick is going to need a couple losing seasons in a row before he gets "fired" and that firing will be him being pushed to retirement and sitting for a year before coming back to coach another team.

The oldest NFL coach was Romeo Crennel as an interim last year, at 73 years old, replacing Halas who coached his last season at 72.

Belichick is 69 (side note: Carroll's 70). Both of them are gonna be gone soon.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

The oldest NFL coach was Romeo Crennel as an interim last year, at 73 years old, replacing Halas who coached his last season at 72.

I have a feeling Bill ends up a Tom Landry type who really does lose it all to be replaced.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Is there a chance Bill just becomes GM full-time and let one of his goblin assistants coach the team

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That goblin assistant is his son.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kalli posted:

I can’t believe Joe Gibbs the second time around wasn’t the oldest head coach, but I checked, and he was 64-67 during those years.

Wow, he sure seemed older.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chucktesla posted:

Is there a chance Bill just becomes GM full-time and let one of his goblin assistants coach the team

hopefully this happens because from what I've seen he's mostly garbage at that besides a few notable hits that everyone will get occasionally.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Diva Cupcake posted:

That goblin assistant is his son.

Worst M. Night Shyamalan ending ever

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Belichick is going to end up with his own show on NFL Network.

"While many people may not find 78 rushing yards exciting, we are going to spend the next 8 hours dissecting why this random rear end Cardinals game from 1947 is, in fact, one of the greatest ground performances of all time."

And it will be glorious.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I can’t believe Joe Gibbs the second time around wasn’t the oldest head coach, but I checked, and he was 64-67 during those years.

Working for Snyder ages people horribly. Also that last year in 2007 was really rough, between injuries and Sean Taylor.

Sono posted:

"While many people may not find 78 rushing yards exciting, we are going to spend the next 8 hours dissecting why this random rear end Cardinals game from 1947 is, in fact, one of the greatest ground performances of all time."

And it will be glorious.

Belichick will have an hour long show each week dedicated entirely to punting and long snappers and it will also be glorious.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bill is going to coach some D2 lacrosse team to national dominance.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I would've put money Marv Levy was the oldest by far. Guess not!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

molestrios posted:

I would've put money Marv Levy was the oldest by far. Guess not!

Craziest thing is Levy is still alive and pretty with it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
96 years old is somehow younger than I expected Marv to be. He was 72 when he coached his last season in 1997.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

This is what I expect. He'll just go and have a lacrosse team that ends up with a half dozen guys who all get drafted into the NFL to play special teams.

With the 195th pick in the 6th round, the Eagles select: Dallas Creamer, Stevens

Kalli fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 29, 2021

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
He’s going to start a combination early football history + post WW2 maritime history podcast where he just goes for a couple of hours twice a week.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Penisaurus Sex posted:

He’s going to start a combination early football history + post WW2 maritime history podcast where he just goes for a couple of hours twice a week.

He can team up with the Hardcore History dude and explode that 10 minute off the cuff long snapper clip from a couple weeks ago into a 40 hour podcast series.

And all of us would listen

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Docjowles posted:

He can team up with the Hardcore History dude and explode that 10 minute off the cuff long snapper clip from a couple weeks ago into a 40 hour podcast series.

And all of us would listen

If Carlin is involved then expect those 40 hours to take 8 years to produce

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Sono posted:

And it will be glorious.

fartknocker posted:

Belichick will have an hour long show each week dedicated entirely to punting and long snappers and it will also be glorious.

FizFashizzle posted:

I think you're all wrong and we will straight up never see or hear him again, ever, after he retires except when he shows up looking grumpy at those super bowl team reunion things before games

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Play posted:

I think you're all wrong and we will straight up never see or hear him again, ever, after he retires except when he shows up looking grumpy at those super bowl team reunion things before games

I think in the modern day it's kinda impossible to be a recluse if you've had any level of success, there's just too much media pressure to keep saying stuff. If the OJ saga had gone down a decade later, dude would have a job as a judge in America's Got Talent, and hell, I still think he has a decent shot at it. You just can't fall off the map anymore in this media era.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wrong thread nm

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Urban Meyer, Darrell Bevell, and Brian Schottenheimer. Still can't believe this is a pro football coaching staff. It's like something from a TFF nightmare.

If Trevor Lawrence somehow overcomes this he will have proved himself the fabled "can't miss" prospect.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Urban Meyer, Darrell Bevell, and Brian Schottenheimer. Still can't believe this is a pro football coaching staff. It's like something from a TFF nightmare.

Two Seahawks OCs, they’re a very successful team, seems like a solid strategy.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chris James 2 posted:

Tanked, got what they wanted, and got worse. Fire everyone

https://twitter.com/EvanRobertsWFAN/status/1442262420899119114

Adam Gase was the better coach

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Should do a pod on long snappers daily.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Adam Gase was the better coach

let's not get crazy here

Jets are really injured, they've got a rookie qb unlike Gase's last year, and basically the whole team is somehow worse talent-wise than it was last year, hard as that is to believe.

Although frankly, I will never believe any coach is worse than Gase

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Zach Wilson's thrown 7 interceptions in 3 games so really it's a couple problems at once

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Why Gase was terrible was his whole selling point was this idea of a "QB guru" who can set up the offense and Sam Darnold for success.

I dont think anyone is under the illusion that Saleh knew dick about offense as nothing in his past suggests this.

Saleh deserves blame for not identifying capable Offensive coaching talent.

But with Gase jesus his whole point in being hired was to do that.

So I think Gase is definitely the worst but the most exciting part to look forward to is to see if Saleh can somehow become even shittier!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Jets feel extremely like the tanking Browns with just how barren the roster is. Right down the the left side of the line being decided. Difference being they took a QB year 1 of the rebuild and it's going predictably bad.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

pasaluki posted:

Why Gase was terrible was his whole selling point was this idea of a "QB guru" who can set up the offense and Sam Darnold for success.

I dont think anyone is under the illusion that Saleh knew dick about offense as nothing in his past suggests this.

Saleh deserves blame for not identifying capable Offensive coaching talent.

But with Gase jesus his whole point in being hired was to do that.

So I think Gase is definitely the worst but the most exciting part to look forward to is to see if Saleh can somehow become even shittier!

Yeah and the funny thing is Tannehill was OK in Miami but everyone felt like he should have been better than he was, then he goes to Tennessee and away from Gase and what do you know immediately does what people thought he could. Gase was supposed to fix Darnold and make him into something and instead did not do that at all and the Jets had a putrid offense, and Darnold now that he has escaped Gase and made his way to another team also looks, so far anyway, to have turned the corner

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
maybe other teams are paying gase to set up cheap future QB trades for them

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Play posted:

Jets are really injured, they've got a rookie qb unlike Gase's last year, and basically the whole team is somehow worse talent-wise than it was last year, hard as that is to believe.

…is it worse talent-wise? The receivers are better, the offensive line in theory should be better, CJ Mosley is back, and I don't think there were any noteworthy departures outside of Darnold.

I wouldn't lose my hat over three bad games against good defenses but, you know, I think on paper this should be a more talented team than last year's.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
On paper it's all Corey Davis and a bunch of 'flashes'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Last year it was the guy who is now inactive on game day and no flashes.