Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wow, some of you are really at lagerheads with each other. Not everyplace has what you want, I get that, but no need to get sour about it, that's just the way it gose! Ours is not to saison rye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I suppose I should ask if we are also allowed to talk about ciders here :p

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Jhet posted:

Even so, every brewery in my hop filled area has IPAs but also a half dozen other styles that the brewers really like. Those just don’t make them to packaging like the IPAs do.

For me it’s this. Most of the pubs and tap rooms have what sells. It’s more likely to see a gose or sour lately, or maybe a marzen nowadays, but it’s rarer. I have to go to the breweries to try them. I love to support them, I just don’t get out to do it often enough.

I guess the answer is to drink more beer.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Partycat posted:

For me it’s this. Most of the pubs and tap rooms have what sells. It’s more likely to see a gose or sour lately, or maybe a marzen nowadays, but it’s rarer. I have to go to the breweries to try them. I love to support them, I just don’t get out to do it often enough.

I guess the answer is to drink more beer.

Or go grab a growler. Most places have no issues with your 32 or 64oz thing and will fill them happily. Of course it's less convenient than grabbing a six pack at the grocery store, but the target audience for the two places are different. You're in the one that needs to stop by the brewery if you want to styles that people who buy at a grocery store don't know anything about.

But they'll still have IPAs. Even the Czech inspired brewery near me has an IPA. But their flagship beers are all variations on Czech Pils.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I would rather drink an IPA that tastes like homebrew than another loving juice "beer" that has to be kept cold to prevent it from exploding in my face

Brawnfire posted:

Wow, some of you are really at lagerheads with each other. Not everyplace has what you want, I get that, but no need to get sour about it, that's just the way it gose! Ours is not to saison rye.

:nice:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is a Berliner Weisse not a beer now because that was the extremely fruity one I first posted

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Nah its beer ?

Last brewery I went to I drank lagers, kinda burnt on the NEIPA for a bit.

I’m going to see if I can play hookey Thursday. Kelsey Grammar is going to be in town, and he is autographing four packs of Faith American Ale. I can’t wait to say how much I loved him in Down Periscope.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

actionjackson posted:

is a Berliner Weisse not a beer now because that was the extremely fruity one I first posted

…did someone say that?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

prayer group posted:

…did someone say that?

the reference a few posts above saying "juice 'beer' " unless that is directed at something else, if so my bad

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

actionjackson posted:

love how all the breweries are 95% IPAs

I KNOW, RIGHT!?!?!?!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

actionjackson posted:

the reference a few posts above saying "juice 'beer' " unless that is directed at something else, if so my bad

I think there's plenty of middle ground to be had between 5% ABV berliner weisse that's watered down with so much unfermented fruit puree it leaves skidmarks in the glass (like Sirotan was talking about) and a clean berliner brewed by honorable people that is maybe refermented on peaches or something (like you're likely talking about).

e: went back and saw you were in fact talking about the first thing. You're also allowed to like something someone else thinks is silly and enjoy your fruit puree, but understand that certain people think it is kind of ridiculous sometimes.

prayer group fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 21, 2021

SuddenlyAri
Feb 24, 2019

Tinfoil Hat Society
Nyx Destroyer

Brawnfire posted:

I see what you did there

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

prayer group posted:

I think there's plenty of middle ground to be had between 5% ABV berliner weisse that's watered down with so much unfermented fruit puree it leaves skidmarks in the glass (like Sirotan was talking about) and a clean berliner brewed by honorable people that is maybe refermented on peaches or something (like you're likely talking about).

e: went back and saw you were in fact talking about the first thing. You're also allowed to like something someone else thinks is silly and enjoy your fruit puree, but understand that certain people think it is kind of ridiculous sometimes.

a bit ridiculous but also incredibly tasty

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Man id love a dr pepper right about now

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I know people like to go to the generic beer when they want some cheap lager or whatever. Or ar making a dumb point. Modelo, Tecate or whatever. But at least where I live here is always some actually good Euro lager for cheap. So why bother.

Weihenstephan Pils and such are everywhere. So is Urquel.

These 3 I had recently were cheap as hell for 500mls.And all great.

Local breweries are finally putting out a good pils n lager as a year rounder. Its nice to say Miller, but its just a dumb choice. I literally have to walk further in a beer shop to get my states beer than what tastes good.

Boner M fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 22, 2021

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like good lager n pilsner too??

I do buy modelos in bulk for my whatever beer, but also i really like modelos

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

next up, another indeed one, love those trippy cans

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Havin a Modelo. Its juiuuuuuuust right

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I did not get the Kelsey Grammer beer. The line was chock full of people wanting their Fraiser artifacts signed and didn’t get half way through before he left. Oh well.

SuddenlyAri
Feb 24, 2019

Tinfoil Hat Society
Nyx Destroyer

actionjackson posted:

next up, another indeed one, love those trippy cans

Sounds interesting, how did it taste?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Been drinkin these lately. Old-school pale ale, no goddamn citra or oats, and cool can art :hai:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SuddenlyAri posted:

Sounds interesting, how did it taste?

much more like lavender than honey, so not really my thing. I'm more of a fruit person anyway though so I guess I probably shoud've remembered that. also I typically get 12 oz. cans around 6-6.5%, so 16 oz. at 7.2% was a pretty big jump

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Havin a Modelo. Its juiuuuuuuust right

:hellyeah:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Friday beer choice!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Dear Southern Tier,

A fresh pumpkin Pumking.

You're welcome. Please send the check ASAP.

-danbanana

SuddenlyAri
Feb 24, 2019

Tinfoil Hat Society
Nyx Destroyer

actionjackson posted:

much more like lavender than honey, so not really my thing. I'm more of a fruit person anyway though so I guess I probably shoud've remembered that. also I typically get 12 oz. cans around 6-6.5%, so 16 oz. at 7.2% was a pretty big jump

Ah interesting, makes sense though.

I'm a fan of lavender so I might dig it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SuddenlyAri posted:

Ah interesting, makes sense though.

I'm a fan of lavender so I might dig it.

yeah definitely check it out, I have no idea if they have Indeed in your area though (they are based here, Minneapolis)

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Friday beer choice!

Harvest is pretty good - goes well with a fire pit outdoors this time of year .

SuddenlyAri
Feb 24, 2019

Tinfoil Hat Society
Nyx Destroyer

actionjackson posted:

yeah definitely check it out, I have no idea if they have Indeed in your area though (they are based here, Minneapolis)

Probably not, but anytime I'm out that way, I'll remember to stop by there.

Just looked at their website and their font reminds me of my favorite local brewery here. Stoneface Brewery (Newington, NH)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SuddenlyAri posted:

Probably not, but anytime I'm out that way, I'll remember to stop by there.

Just looked at their website and their font reminds me of my favorite local brewery here. Stoneface Brewery (Newington, NH)

oh yeah you're right, pretty sure it's the same font.

for stoneface, those fruited wild ales look pretty cool

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Well this should be interesting

Edit: Delicious., nice heat!

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 29, 2021

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I missed National Drink a Beer day . I don’t think I can wait 364 more days to drink a beer

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Partycat posted:

I missed National Drink a Beer day . I don’t think I can wait 364 more days to drink a beer

I drank a beer to achievement hunt in Untappd, no badge (or additional level) for me :smith:

The beer made me feel good :unsmith:

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

Partycat posted:

Harvest is pretty good - goes well with a fire pit outdoors this time of year .
Any other recommendations for Fall time backyard sippers that aren't one of the 400+ Octoberfests? My heart broke when Victory stopped brewing Moonglow and now it looks like Bell's Best Brown is gone as well. Celebration is like the only beer I get to look forward to now.
v Sorry, South East Pa.

Hub Dirt fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 30, 2021

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Hub Dirt posted:

Any other recommendations for Fall time backyard sippers that aren't one of the 400+ Octoberfests? My heart broke when Victory stopped brewing Moonglow and now it looks like Bell's Best Brown is gone as well. Celebration is like the only beer I get to look forward to now.

gotta tell us where you are, friend

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hub Dirt posted:

Not sure where you’re located but for nationally available I like Harpoon’s Flannel Friday as a fire pit beer.

If you can find it, Brooklyn Post Road Pumpkin Ale is my other go-to for the season. It’s a more traditional style pumpkin beer that isn’t loaded with pie spice, just has a nice warmth to it.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Hub Dirt posted:

v Sorry, South East Pa.

See if any of your local spots are doing fresh/wet hop ipas

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I got a growler of Three Heads the other day, tried the Mackinack Wet Hop IPA

Definitely recommend

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Hub Dirt posted:

v Sorry, South East Pa.

FWIW Best Brown isn’t gone forever. It’ll come out in November I think. It’s just no longer the Fall seasonal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah, I over reacted to bad info. I'm gonna have to hoard a bit of Browns. All great recommendations though, thanks homies! Flannel Fridays are indeed a Fall staple!