Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
controversial opinion SZS has better EDs than OPs (both are great)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

The 7th Guest posted:

i watched the first episodes of killing slimes for 300 years, and assault lily bouquet while doing editing work. i didnt like them, and my queue is now shorter. that's my story

300 years of killing slimes hits a weird note of being a tourist isekai about a woman who becomes a NEET for several centuries. The show improves after more of the cast is introduced but there's never anything that can threaten more than the main characters feelings and it's just a light and fluffy series that Dynasty Scans would tag 404Men-not-found.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

isekai

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
iSekai, the virtual world from Apple

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMQK5MbIb1E

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ39XCwzdcM

its about time i watched this actually

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

hell yes bitch, you know its good when they dig out a 35 y/o computer out of the garage to make an alt version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q30SLOS7ux4

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
hearing that version was why i watched it in fact, i was so confused when it was downgraded in the show (from 11/10 to 10/10)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im listening to more of this yoshi guys music somebody needs to hunt him down and hold him upside down until more music comes out imo

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

takao saito, author of golgo 13, has died

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
beat mugen's story in the samurai champloo ps2 game tonight, and it literally just ends with the game-original main character doing a big speech about how they're setting up for his climactic ancient ritual that will solve the plot and then mugen and jin fight giant robots and ask him what the plot of the game was because neither of them were around to see any of the important parts of it because they both had entirely unrelated subplots to deal with

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I think he wanted golgo 13 to continue without him, if that's the case I wonder how long that might go on for.

Guy was working on it for nearly 50 years iirc, which is a hell of a legacy.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

300 years of slimes is good and assault lily seemed gay so i will defend them with my life

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The Colonel posted:

beat mugen's story in the samurai champloo ps2 game tonight, and it literally just ends with the game-original main character doing a big speech about how they're setting up for his climactic ancient ritual that will solve the plot and then mugen and jin fight giant robots and ask him what the plot of the game was because neither of them were around to see any of the important parts of it because they both had entirely unrelated subplots to deal with

Is that the Grasshopper developed anime-tie in game? cause that kinda sounds like a Grasshopper game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Colonel posted:

So next up is their Blood+ game right

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Assault Lily was good.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I just watched all 85 episodes of World Trigger in like 48 hours, I'm surprised I never saw more talk about it, I've enjoyed the tactical battles quite a bit.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

I just watched all 85 episodes of World Trigger in like 48 hours, I'm surprised I never saw more talk about it, I've enjoyed the tactical battles quite a bit.

the anime doesn't have a great reputation quality wise, though it's still Toei so I assume it pulls some high points every so often. by nature of the author's past health issues and a ridiculously huge training battle arc I think the manga kinda shed readers too. it still gets a mention or two when new chapters drop

but it's good, yeah! the recent anime seasons are in a way better place too

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ringo Roadagain posted:

holy poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's extremely funny that they put Saber in Melty Blood.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

It's extremely funny that they put Saber in Melty Blood.
im glad of it

besides its not any different from ryougi!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She also looks very fun, is the thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1-HAs4JSBE

Also it feels like years since I've seen Saber use Invisible Air and not just Excalibur.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Sailor Moon would’ve been a cool guest fighter for Dragon Ball Fighterz

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ringo Roadagain posted:

ah gently caress

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

So next up is their Blood+ game right

no i still have two more playthroughs to see the full story

the champloo game is really bad btw, as like a beat em up. but as a champloo game it's absolutely perfect, their style is a perfect match and the writing is really funny and feels exactly like one of the more surreal and comical episodes of the show. and the ways it's bad extend so far past the core combat into intentional level design choices that i'm convinced it's half because the game was rushed and they'd only worked on one game like it before, and half because suda is completely loving with you on purpose a lot because oh my god man there is no other reason the game would have a boss fight you just repeat four times in a row while mugen gets increasingly pissed off, or have the final level of mugen's story be a giant tower you have to ascend that keeps repeating the exact same room layout like six times and making you fight enemies over and over again to progress because of the koban gates to extend it even longer beyond what feels remotely necessary

it also has this exchange

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 29, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Aurora posted:

300 years of slimes is good and assault lily seemed gay so i will defend them with my life
the former's comedy wasn't working for me, and the latter felt like the worldbuilding was the fake town from blazing saddles, liable to fall over with a single poke (i mean maybe the series goes in a blood-c direction, idk)

neither were for me

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish I could afford the otherside picnic light book... But I cannot... Maybe on Halloween...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nyoro posted:

I wish I could afford the otherside picnic light book... But I cannot... Maybe on Halloween...

it's a good

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I really like kozakura!!!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

Is Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress any good? Im getting desperate for something decent to watch here and Netflix is all I have access to.
Kabaneri is very good until episode 8 then it becomes very bad. Unless you skip past episode 7 and watch the movie instead.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nyoro posted:

I really like kozakura!!!

my favorite vtuber

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I watched this show almost entirely off the weight of the OP. The song was always massive earworm for me, and it was years later I found out it was a Shaft production.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

verbal enema posted:

just got hooked up with a free jar of moonshine :woop:

do you know and trust the person running the still not to gently caress up?

i'm generally not cautious about food safety, but the thought of simply trusting that folks know how much of each batch to discard and that the unlabeled jar of moonshine isn't full of methanol gives me the heebie jeebies

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

do you know and trust the person running the still not to gently caress up?

i'm generally not cautious about food safety, but the thought of simply trusting that folks know how much of each batch to discard and that the unlabeled jar of moonshine isn't full of methanol gives me the heebie jeebies

yeah he got it from Tennessee when a lady friend brought it up

also in regards to my current day at work

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH gently caress *screams in cook*

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I crashed my bike today

ow

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Arist posted:

I crashed my bike today

ow

Arist posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH gently caress *screams in cyclist*

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Arist posted:

I crashed my bike today

ow

:sympathy:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

I watched this show almost entirely off the weight of the OP. The song was always massive earworm for me, and it was years later I found out it was a Shaft production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_6vW3oxMVk

heres the show i watched because of the op

dont watch next century war chronicle ehrgeiz btw

its loving terrible

the only interesting fact about it is that it was gonna be an anime of noted capcom game cyberbots but capcom pulled out at the last second so the result is incomprehensible

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

She also looks very fun, is the thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1-HAs4JSBE

Also it feels like years since I've seen Saber use Invisible Air and not just Excalibur.

I wish I wasnt the worst person in the entire world at fighting games, some of them look fun and even have semi-deep story modes and stuff which would appeal to me since it would mean not playing against other people or mindless practice vs the AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arist posted:

I crashed my bike today

to see if you still feel?